Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

M.C. McMic posted:

I think I may disable XVM stats. I've only been using them for a few weeks, and I hadn't been paying too much attention until I had a game earlier today where pretty much my entire drat team was 42-48%. I thought, "uh oh." My team evaporated within a few minutes. It was pretty amazing actually.

Later I had a game where the opposite was true... the other team was nearly all red, and they absolutely slaughtered us. I had two kills, and the rest of my team had one.

I know some might argue that XVM should dictate how you play, but I dunno... seems a bit pointless. How does one use it to their advantage?

The per-battle win chance is completely retarded and you should turn it off. You should play every game the same, relaxing because "oh we have a high win chance" is super dumb and will make you lose. Even good players make retarded mistakes all the time, or get oneshot by arty, or get ammoracked by some 40% WR shitlord, etc etc. If you have it on, just never look at it ever.

What XVM stats are useful for is a quick insight into the reliability of your teammates. If the enemy team has some tanks pushing up towards your cap, and it's being defended by a few blue players, you can usually keep pushing your flank, safe in the thought that they won't just instantly vaporize (usually, that is). Same thing with swarming a lone pubbie in a scary tank; if the tanks you have with you are 50%-ers or lower they will take 30+ seconds to realize you've gone in, and by that time you're usually dead already, so don't do it. If they're blue, they are probably literate and will usually come with you, especially if you ping and yell at them in chat. If they're purple they'll usually be telling you what to do and/or have already murdered half the flank.

This also works for judging which enemy tanks are outplayable and which aren't. 45% shitters usually don't know about weakspots, etc etc.

Also, if you didn't get the Cromwell B and the Rudy, I feel bad for you.

I'm ordinarily a pretty clear-cut green-blue player and not some super unicum, so these stats are really exceptional for me. I used to have a >90% win rate in the Cromwell B until I lost a game yesterday. I had like 15 straight victories in it.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 18:44 on May 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

TheFluff posted:

I bought all four of the recent premiums. And the Cromwell B is probably my favorite tank in the game and a consistent winner, even when I'm having a terrible day (like yesterday). When I was getting slaughtered in every other tank, I could still jump into my Cromwell B and get the occasional win. I just love the speed, acceleration and maneuverability it has over any type of terrain. I'm not even good in it, and I'm winning at 73% currently.

I actually have better stats in the Rudy and a 46% win rate (on the other hand, I've played less than 20 games in each).

Speaking of the recent premiums. I currently have a rammer and coated optics on my IS-2, but I haven't bothered with a 3rd piece of equipment yet. I was thinking GLD over vents because I feel like the aim time is pretty slow, even with the 100% crew with BIA. What are you guys running?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
When I get the credits spare I'm going to give mine vents to go with the rammer and laying drive. I am loving the IS-2, it is a fun, relaxed heavy. Of the Rudy and the Cromwell B I prefer the Rudy. The Cromwell B is objectively the better tank, but I seem to miss a lot in it for no real reason. And I'm a whore for the Soviet tree.

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

I run rammer, optics, vents. It's personal preference really. I want some spotting range in p much every tank.

Soviet heavy whore as well. It's the best kind of whore.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

M.C. McMic posted:

The E 25 must have been released while I was away from WoT. It seems stupidly overpowered. I've played a few dozen games since coming back and seen something like 3 or 4 top guns from E-25 pubbies, and some additional 4+ kill games.

Really I'm mostly just super pissed that I don't have one. :colbert: They look fun as hell. Nice game there.

edit: Here's me doing 2400+ damage with 5 kills in an ISU-122S before getting totally owned by an E 25 pubbie who gets a top gun. Stick around to see another pubbie cost us the match when he misses that same E-25 point-blank with his artillery. I mean, he seriously had to TRY and miss that shot. It's a pretty epic choke.

The replay is also hard for me to watch because I had some pretty terrible driving (I am not used to TDs yet) and misses. I also completely fail to take advantage of my rate of fire because I was being overly cautious in certain situations.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1882507?secret=d6bbd11d844cdc3da7fc74cd5787e201

(All I got was a Master Badge: 3rd Class. wtf?)

E-25s can be a huge issue if the person in it is good. If they have a high camo crew they probably won't be spotted until its too late and they kept their old view range while everyone else lost some.
E-25s are incredible at late game clean up though, scouts are probably dead, everyone else has taken some damage, and now there is a gokart with a 75mm that no one can see.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

After begging our shitlord SU100Y to move up from the base camping all goddamned game on Fisherman's Bay, he says something snotty after I died. I told him I would bet my house i did more than he did. I think he landed 1 more shot after that, and ended up with 123 more damage than I did in my Firefly. Of course, I shot 6 different tanks and had over 1600 spotting damage while controlling the middle of the map. He messaged me after the battle-

So remember...talk poo poo until it is pointed out that you are indeed a cretin, and then blacklist whoever you started the convo with. The pubbie way.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

WayAbvPar posted:

So remember...talk poo poo until it is pointed out that you are indeed a cretin, and then blacklist whoever you started the convo with. The pubbie way.

An E 75 complained about not being able to pen a T29 at the start of a battle last night, so I helpfully pointed out that he was a shitlord who should learn to aim. He started talking poo poo and tracked my arty. I said he was so bad he couldn't even teamkill properly and then watched as he bounced shot after shot off a KV-4 that I had tracked, mocking him in chat the whole time. He came back with the old "you don't have any kills" so I killed the KV-4 and bet that I also did more damage than him.

At the end of the game turns out he did 0 damage, so I messaged him to gloat and he didn't bite. A sad end to a lovely pub.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

CitizenKain posted:

E-25s can be a huge issue if the person in it is good. If they have a high camo crew they probably won't be spotted until its too late and they kept their old view range while everyone else lost some.
E-25s are incredible at late game clean up though, scouts are probably dead, everyone else has taken some damage, and now there is a gokart with a 75mm that no one can see.

That's pretty much what I have witnessed match after match. In fact, I have been in another two games today (out of maybe 6-8) where an E 25 either saved cap or cleaned up at the end of the match. It's ridiculous, and I'm jealous. A lot of that has to to with the fact that I'm pretty much just playing tiers 6-8 at the moment.

The pubbies are really ornery today. I've received a lot of poo poo talking unprovoked. One guy called me worthless when I held down half the map on Abbey and got top damage/xp in a Churchill III. When I told him how poo poo he was, he called me a "reroll" (I assume this is someone who creates a new account because their stats originally sucked?). So, basically he told me my stats were good. Ouch?

Another pubbie just tracked my Rudy at the very beginning of a match on Mountain Pass and demanded I "fall back" as I peaked around the corner at the bottom of the ice road. He did 51 damage before he got shot in the face by arty right in front of me. It was beautiful, and I laughed at him. I checked, and he has a 47% win rate. I messaged him to make sure he was aware that he was actively making GBS threads all over any team he happened to join. Guh, this game. :(

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

M.C. McMic posted:

That's pretty much what I have witnessed match after match. In fact, I have been in another two games today (out of maybe 6-8) where an E 25 either saved cap or cleaned up at the end of the match. It's ridiculous, and I'm jealous. A lot of that has to to with the fact that I'm pretty much just playing tiers 6-8 at the moment.

The pubbies are really ornery today. I've received a lot of poo poo talking unprovoked. One guy called me worthless when I held down half the map on Abbey and got top damage/xp in a Churchill III. When I told him how poo poo he was, he called me a "reroll" (I assume this is someone who creates a new account because their stats originally sucked?). So, basically he told me my stats were good. Ouch?

Another pubbie just tracked my Rudy at the very beginning of a match on Mountain Pass and demanded I "fall back" as I peaked around the corner at the bottom of the ice road. He did 51 damage before he got shot in the face by arty right in front of me. It was beautiful, and I laughed at him. I checked, and he has a 47% win rate. I messaged him to make sure he was aware that he was actively making GBS threads all over any team he happened to join. Guh, this game. :(

You're learning what we've all known for years. :smith:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

McGavin posted:

An E 75 complained about not being able to pen a T29 at the start of a battle last night, so I helpfully pointed out that he was a shitlord who should learn to aim. He started talking poo poo and tracked my arty. I said he was so bad he couldn't even teamkill properly and then watched as he bounced shot after shot off a KV-4 that I had tracked, mocking him in chat the whole time. He came back with the old "you don't have any kills" so I killed the KV-4 and bet that I also did more damage than him.

At the end of the game turns out he did 0 damage, so I messaged him to gloat and he didn't bite. A sad end to a lovely pub.

0 damage in a e-75 lel.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
I'm grinding a crew for the IS I just bought via my Church 3 and several times today have ended up with 4+ kills and over 1500 damage in tier 5/6 matches and still somehow got poo poo talked by teammates who died 2 minutes in :psyduck:

Pubbies are really angry today

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
I was platooning with my buddy and after one of the matches a pubbie messaged me and told me that we did a good job holding the city and he was sorry he died so soon and he hopes that we get to play with better heavies than those that were in our match that game. I don't think that's ever happened to me before.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.
A terrible pub in a Alecto pushed my ELC off a perch so I turned around and one shotted him.

Then a 46%er in a Cromwell another game pushed my ELC off another perch, so I shot him. He came at me, I assume howling his revenge at the computer screen, and shot me back once and bounced twice (off my ELC!?) while I ignored him and destroyed an enemy T67. Meanwhile he turned blue so I turned around, killed him, and went on to win the match.

...oh god is this the joy I've been missing in my previous 2000 non pub TKing matches?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Jago posted:

I was platooning with my buddy and after one of the matches a pubbie messaged me and told me that we did a good job holding the city and he was sorry he died so soon and he hopes that we get to play with better heavies than those that were in our match that game. I don't think that's ever happened to me before.

To make sure you know there's still shitters in the game, I was playing with my IS after getting first skills on the crew and I'm stuck with the stock gun so I'm firing gold so I can at least pen maybe half the time and got called a goldshitter by some panther that sat still and was bouncing shots off me :v:

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
I quit. I just had at least 4 straight games where I was the only player over 50% win rate on my team... I just don't understand how that's possible. SOMEONE EXPLAIN IT TO ME :cripes:

The last game featured a true poo poo-show, with 2 players over 50% on either team, including myself! Fun stuff.

(I lost all of these games, by the way)

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

TheFluff posted:

The per-battle win chance is completely retarded and you should turn it off. You should play every game the same, relaxing because "oh we have a high win chance" is super dumb and will make you lose. Even good players make retarded mistakes all the time, or get oneshot by arty, or get ammoracked by some 40% WR shitlord, etc etc. If you have it on, just never look at it ever.

What XVM stats are useful for is a quick insight into the reliability of your teammates. If the enemy team has some tanks pushing up towards your cap, and it's being defended by a few blue players, you can usually keep pushing your flank, safe in the thought that they won't just instantly vaporize (usually, that is). Same thing with swarming a lone pubbie in a scary tank; if the tanks you have with you are 50%-ers or lower they will take 30+ seconds to realize you've gone in, and by that time you're usually dead already, so don't do it. If they're blue, they are probably literate and will usually come with you, especially if you ping and yell at them in chat. If they're purple they'll usually be telling you what to do and/or have already murdered half the flank.

This also works for judging which enemy tanks are outplayable and which aren't. 45% shitters usually don't know about weakspots, etc etc.

I'm ordinarily a pretty clear-cut green-blue player and not some super unicum, so these stats are really exceptional for me. I used to have a >90% win rate in the Cromwell B until I lost a game yesterday. I had like 15 straight victories in it.
yep they are extremely good

I'm not posting my 122S stats. :colbert:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I ended up passing on the IS-2, but couldn't pass up getting the C-B and Rudy. It's just more efficient to grind Russian HT crews at T5 fixed, especially with the boost the Churchill III gets and the continued ineptitude the average pubbie shows in managing to dispatch a KV-220.

With the money I 'saved,' I might end up getting the Skorpion with the 128mm, but seeing as I'm sitting on 25k in gold now, I'll probably just wait for it to hit the in-game store.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 05:56 on May 17, 2015

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I ended up passing on the IS-2, but couldn't pass up getting the C-B and Rudy. It's just more efficient to grind Russian HT crews at T5 fixed, especially with the boost the Churchill III gets and the continued ineptitude the average pubbie shows in managing to dispatch a KV-220.

With the money I 'saved,' I might end up getting the Skorpion with the 128mm, but seeing as I'm sitting on 25k in gold now, I'll probably just wait for it to hit the in-game store.

You saved $5 on the bundle and you could have gotten two more Soviet crews with BiA as a 0th skill. Those special crews are worth a lot, especially on a tech tree as large as the USSR tree with so many tanks worth keeping.

The IS-2B is just an IS/IS-2 and that's a very good thing to be. I don't think it's like the Cromwell B/Rudy where it's actually better than the tech tree tank outside of credit income or inherent premium crew exp modifier, but it's not worse in any way I've noticed. I haven't even played my 122s and I don't know what I'm going to do with the crew, but I'll think of something.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
If you look at the 122S a different way, it becomes an SU-152 that isn't a giant pig! Technically, it's the biggest improvement from the same-tier equivalent!

It's ok. Not really inspiring.

Edit: It has much better soft stats than the 122-44, and I don't own an SU-152 to compare with. It goes about 30kph on most surfaces, which seems perfectly fine.

Slim Jim Pickens fucked around with this message at 10:51 on May 17, 2015

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Desuwa posted:

You saved $5 on the bundle and you could have gotten two more Soviet crews with BiA as a 0th skill. Those special crews are worth a lot, especially on a tech tree as large as the USSR tree with so many tanks worth keeping.

The IS-2B is just an IS/IS-2 and that's a very good thing to be. I don't think it's like the Cromwell B/Rudy where it's actually better than the tech tree tank outside of credit income or inherent premium crew exp modifier, but it's not worse in any way I've noticed. I haven't even played my 122s and I don't know what I'm going to do with the crew, but I'll think of something.

Superior than the IS-2 because it has two logs and trains soviet heavy crews :colbert:

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.
Dielahn and I had a nice game earlier with a full green team against a full OTTER toon and a full VLLN toon on the red team. We were both "welp." I said "well let's do our best."

They got destroyed; their arty, in particular, was garbage (two blue T92s who did 800 dmg combined as they didn't know where to go.)

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
The IS-2 and ISU-122S are fun and good but i haven't played many games in them. I have played many games in the Rudy and Cromwell B. Platooning with goons tonight even got my winrate in the Cromwell B out of the 40% abyss it was in:

They are good tanks. Also for those of you trying to the Ace on the Cromwell B, it turns out I got the Ace on it the same way I did on the M41 - incompetent enemy players while I was on the middle road of Lakeville:

Youtube coming, I'm submitting it to the Nvidia Shadowplay contest thing. Link for Youtube whenever it finishes, and link to replay.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
Rudy game, 10 kills.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1883307#self

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

I made a quick guide to playing French SPGs for anyone having problem with them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uonIOqAKPdw

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Victor Surge posted:

A terrible pub in a Alecto pushed my ELC off a perch so I turned around and one shotted him.

Then a 46%er in a Cromwell another game pushed my ELC off another perch, so I shot him. He came at me, I assume howling his revenge at the computer screen, and shot me back once and bounced twice (off my ELC!?) while I ignored him and destroyed an enemy T67. Meanwhile he turned blue so I turned around, killed him, and went on to win the match.

...oh god is this the joy I've been missing in my previous 2000 non pub TKing matches?

Never not shoot retard pubbies.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

mmkay posted:

I made a quick guide to playing French SPGs for anyone having problem with them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uonIOqAKPdw

More TD than TD.

Clarence Day SR.
Mar 10, 2007

Made this to keep me alert as I shashay around the map. My fabulous new clan is inspiring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNtP_P0u6pY

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

If you enjoyed the IS grind then buy an IS2. It is literally an IS with a credit multiple and is fun as poo poo since its an IS.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Clarence Day SR. posted:

Made this to keep me alert as I shashay around the map. My fabulous new clan is inspiring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNtP_P0u6pY

Got a link to a download for the files for this? It's amazing

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Hellsau posted:

They are good tanks. Also for those of you trying to the Ace on the Cromwell B, it turns out I got the Ace on it the same way I did on the M41 - incompetent enemy players while I was on the middle road of Lakeville:

I got mine with "only" 1400 XP, but that was a tier 6 game. I've had 2000+ damage solopub games with shocking regularity though.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

The Southern Dandy posted:

Dielahn and I had a nice game earlier with a full green team against a full OTTER toon and a full VLLN toon on the red team. We were both "welp." I said "well let's do our best."

They got destroyed; their arty, in particular, was garbage (two blue T92s who did 800 dmg combined as they didn't know where to go.)

Spell my nickname correct you inbred Texan redneck. :argh:

Game in question:

The problem with a purple/blue stacked team is that purples/blues are used to using teammates as ablative armour. When that doesn't work they have a tendency to get stuck and sacrifice HP needlessly.
Especially if you get a green team on your side, where greens in general have learned to conserve HP even if they might not do the same amount of damage as a purple.

Clarence Day SR.
Mar 10, 2007

Magres posted:

Got a link to a download for the files for this? It's amazing

Needs xvm to be installed. Extract it in your wot install directory and it should work.

https://mega.co.nz/#!xwZxnJLQ!eOq7VFFI5CFcg6sqVbQw0crxKIgGo0mS4Lfl9WE0GpI

sc0tty
Jan 8, 2005

too kewell for school..
I end up dead in the weirdest spots on the map in my Cromwell B. It's totally OP but I'm still an aweful pubby so after doing a few shots of damage I'll turn around and be completely lost because I've just gone full tilt to some wierd-rear end spot on the map I'll never have been to in a Soviet heavy or TD.

It's great.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So with the HD changes is the Patton going to be better?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

BadLlama posted:

If you enjoyed the IS grind then buy an IS2. It is literally an IS with a credit multiple and is fun as poo poo since its an IS.

And better front armour.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

HowToSuperPershing.jpg

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

mmkay posted:

HowToSuperPershing.jpg

47% and not lower.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I forget: Does snap shot help turret-less TDs?

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
So, I am thinking I need a medium tank crew trainer for USSR, is the Matilda IV any good? I don't see all that many rolling around, but I do remember how stubbornly tough Matildas have been to kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Re-bought the Type 58. It's not as bad as I remember. Here's a mastery in it.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1886949#mountain_pass-crazedkid103-type_58