Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Opiomorphone posted:

Do they ever explain why Delta is almost fully clothed going into the hot tub thing and Cass looks like she just found a couple of pieces of waterproof sellotape.

This is honestly a question that's you should already know the answer to when consuming japanese games. Also, this is a dumb thing to spoiler out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
I suspect what she's wearing in the bath is just Cass' bottom layer of clothing. She's got the parka dress, and then under that is a small black shirt and a pair of shorts (you can sort of see both in her outfit).

Working on an update with the start of Phase II for both parties, after which we'll have a vote as to who to focus on first.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Feinne posted:

I suspect what she's wearing in the bath is just Cass' bottom layer of clothing. She's got the parka dress, and then under that is a small black shirt and a pair of shorts (you can sort of see both in her outfit).

Working on an update with the start of Phase II for both parties, after which we'll have a vote as to who to focus on first.

No, I'm pretty sure she mentions it's a special purification thing.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Feinne posted:

It's actually mentioned on the costume change screen description for the outfit that it's a swimsuit that Cass actually doesn't really like but the shopkeeper she bought it from pushed her into buying it anyway saying it was good for purification ceremonies.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

This fanart continues to be appropriate in every situation.

Opiomorphone
Nov 30, 2014

InfinityComplex posted:

This is honestly a question that's you should already know the answer to when consuming japanese games.
It is just that usually Japanese media is one or the other. Either everyone is walking around with bits of tape or the clothing is very strange and unusual but sort of understandable. (Like looking back at the 80's fashion trends.) I know it is a massive oversimplification but I generally don't mind as long as they are being consistent.
Delta is heavily overdressed, to the point that he would be kicked out of a French pool for wearing too many clothes. But Cass is wearing way too little. I am also very concerned over its lack of sexy dudes.

InfinityComplex posted:

Also, this is a dumb thing to spoiler out.
I totally agree. But I still do like using HTML codes. Now the only things I spoilered in the last post, I think could easily be important later, but they are quite "dense". One is almost certain to come up again, because it is quite cool and I am quite interested in what it does with the concept and idea, but is also the most coded.

Icedude posted:

It's actually mentioned on the costume change screen description for the outfit that it's a swimsuit that Cass actually doesn't really like but the shopkeeper she bought it from pushed her into buying it anyway saying it was good for purification ceremonies.
That is kind of cool and weird as gently caress, because I would never wear anything like that. Even if I bought it, it is just way too revealing. I wouldn't care what benefits they may have. Unless it was something weird like "Proven to cure unhappiness and create utopias on Earth." In which case I would need to think about it for a little while.

Also Feinne I really appreciate the rate, as I am enjoying this game a lot more than I anticipated and I probably wouldn't have stuck around this long if it wasn't for your rate of updates, but if you need to take a break you can. ♥

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
At least Ion has a pretty normal swimsuit.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Opiomorphone posted:

Delta is heavily overdressed, to the point that he would be kicked out of a French pool for wearing too many clothes. But Cass is wearing way too little. I am also very concerned over its lack of sexy dudes.

Well Earthes is technically unclothed so there's that.

On the other hand there's nothing that says it has to be a guy operating the Earthes terminal soooo...

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
So when Ion brutally murdered the guards at Felion's gate in the name of peace and friendship, did she forget to close it, letting in hordes of Sharl to kidnap the last remaining free humans?

Feinne posted:

One thing I'll say, this scene on is pretty much where Nay starts being pretty awesome. Her interactions with Delta and Cass can be kind of boring because she goes back and forth between being very formal as the divine empress and just deflecting any real personal talk with goofy stuff as Nay, because she's not totally comfortable getting close to them (in part because I think she doesn't want to burden them with how deeply, galactically lovely her life is). Her interactions with Ion do not suffer from this, and we get to see a much more real side of her in them.

This is good because I can't stand goofy Nay.

Opiomorphone posted:

So long story short, if you feel you can follow the LP so far, then don't need to read about Ciel Nosurge. Particularly because Feinne is stating that we will get a much better idea of what is going on beyond this point. Also there are somethings which honestly would have been better if I hadn't read it, in my opinion (like the whole Cosal thing, it still seems illogical to me, but maybe being trapped in that One song would change you a tad. Also there were a couple of facets of character that I somehow skipped and I had to reread a bit of it on the summary. But aside from occasional word errors on the Ciel Nosurge summary, it is well done and pretty cohesive. It is just an unfortunate thing that I was a not very sober during the early part of the summary.)

Well, half my posts have included things like "WTF is going on", and the entire cast seems to have a ton of backstory only in the previous thing. So YES, wanting to have an idea of what's going on seems like a Good Idea to me.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Let’s see, so the part of the story we were in last time has sort of ended. Things pick up shortly after. How about we start with Delta and Cass?

They’d taken it upon themselves to fish a certain someone out of the Flask Sea.

Kanon!?
You’re…
Are you sure it’s okay for you to be awake? I think maybe you should rest some more.
I’m fine.
You gave us a lot of trouble. Not really living up to that “Representative of God” title.
Just carrying you here was tough…
You’ve got a very different, uh, weight distribution than Cass, so try not to do that next time.
HAYAH!
Guh…
…Why did you carry me here?
I resurrected the true Lord of the Sharl through my song.
Now that Cosal has left my body, I am a mere human.
In order to purify my soul, many people were brought to the Flask Sea.

It wasn’t a surprise that Delta would not really understand wanting to die, given the effort he was putting into living.

Isn’t it obvious why we brought you here?
…Even if that action was against my own desires?
If someone’s trying to get themselves killed, that’s all the more reason to try and help them.
…You are mistaken.
I was to become one with the plants of this new planet, and learn the meaning of love for all life.
That would have finally released me from the sins which shackled my body.
Now I am still alive, despite the fact that my life no longer has value.
…You’re not getting it. Cass, I’ll be outside.
W-Wait…
Guess I wasted my time saving you.
…Ugh.

Delta, not being so good at the talking, left the next part to Cass.

He did work pretty hard to save you from the Flask Sea though. That’s probably why he’s upset.
At heart he’s really a nice person.
…You should have left me be. I wished to atone for my sins in peace.

I know Delta’s not very clever, so you might not have understood him, but…
I’m kind of glad he saved you.
…Why?
I think destroying our planet and killing the Genom was a terrible thing, just like you said.
Maybe we do all need to atone for that.
But is forcing people into the Flask Sea and purifying their souls really helping them atone?
It just seems a little unfair to me to have your life taken away for something like that…

We live in a city called “Felion” with a bunch of other people who’re doing the best they can to survive.
A lot’s happened to him, but Delta’s doing his best too.
I like that part of him.
Don’t you think it’s better to work to make things better yourself, instead of letting the Flask Sea do it?

Kanon had been just going along with other people’s plans up to now, and hadn’t really considered taking the initiative for herself.

Myself…
…Sorry, I don’t mean to tell you what to do with your life. You SHOULD probably rest, though.
No…you are right. I may have been simply running away.
Casty.
Yeah?
…Would you let me see Delta?
Huh? Yeah, sure, but…

But now she had an idea how she could help make things better for everyone. She also mentioned the fate of the Sharl, which was unclear as of the end of the story last time.

Allow me to see Nay. I wish to awaken all the Sharl who have been put to sleep.
I’m telling you, you can’t do that!
If the Sharl come back they’ll just attack Felion again!
I shall persuade them not to attack humans.
You can’t do that! You’re not the Sharl ruler anymore!
…It sounds like Zill and the Church are planning something too. Awakening the Sharl is just…
But if we leave them like this, they may die. That’s far too cruel.
You might not see it, but the Sharl really are trying to save humanity.
Please…!
…Cass, what the hell did you tell her?!
I-I didn’t say anything…
I will persuade Cosal and Zillium. Please, let me see Nay!
You need to calm down. You haven’t even fully recovered yet.
…Come on Kanon, just rest a little longer.

Unfortunately, there was no time for rest.

Older Man: Yeah, I did. Apparently they’re already on their way to Felion.
Man: Huh, you sure pick up news quick.
Older Man: Heh heh. I guess so.
Man: That must mean Lord Cosal’s descent really made a difference!
Older Man: That’s right. Now, let’s go pray. We only have this life because of the Sharl.
Cass!
Yeah, this is bad. We need to hurry back to Felion!
Kanon, what are you going to do?
…The Sharl have awoken? Could that really be true?
We don’t know. That’s why we’re going to find out.
There is little I could have done to begin with. If they are awake…
Sorry, but this is kind of a life-and-death situation, so I don’t have time to listen to you whine.
You want to go jump in the Flask Sea, fine, be my guest.
Hey! Delta!
…I’m going back to Felion.
Sorry Kanon. I have to go too.
Of course.
Well, goodbye then.

Kanon did have some help to offer, though.

What is it?
Thank you for everything.
You may use my thoughts if you wish. I may be weak, but I may be of some use for weaving Song Magic.
Really? Thank you!
I would temper your expectations…
Don’t worry. Until a few days ago, you were the ruler of the Sharl, right?

Quell->EX[lic]->{hymi KANOYEEL⇔CASTY};
Thank you, Kanon.
Be safe. And please, give Delta my thanks as well.
Will do. This city should be safe for a while, so you have time to rest.
Just…please, don’t go back to the Flask Sea.
…I have to go as well. There must be something I can do.

As to what she might be planning, that will have to wait for another day, and someone else’s story. Speaking of, Ion was waiting for Nay to wake up in PLASMA’s medical facilities.

Don’t mention it. You appeared to be a friend of the Divine Empress.
Yes… Nay is a very important friend.
Very well then.
…I must go command PLASMA, so I’ll be taking my leave. Feel free to walk around in the city.
Thank you.
Thank you, too. For saving the Sharl.
What?

Shortly after the prime minister left, she began to stir.

Nay?
Ion…?
Are you okay?
Ion…!
Why, why did you get in my way!? I was so close to finally defeating the Sharl!
C-Calm down, Nay.
I can’t calm down, I need to sing that song again, right now…!
You can’t… Not in that state. It looks like it took everything you had just to put the Sharl to sleep.
You knew that, right? If you sang it at full power, you’d probably…

You can’t kill the Sharl, that’s wrong.
If you do that, it will just be the same as before…

Nay was less than happy to accept Ion’s advice, and for good reason.

I’ve been doing the work you were supposed to be doing!
So why do you get to tell me that I’m doing things the wrong way!?
That’s…
I am the Divine Empress. It’s my responsibility to protect humanity.
I’ll do whatever it takes to fulfill that responsibility, even if it means dying, or killing all the Sharl.
I’ll never back down from that.
…I’m sorry, Nay. I’ve put you through a lot.
But the Sharl really aren’t trying to kill humans…
So…Please, Nay. Wake them up.
What? No! There’s no way I’m doing that!
As soon as I can, I’m singing again. And next time, nothing’s going to stop me.
You can’t… That won’t solve anything…
So are you going to solve this, then? Do you hve a way for humans and Sharl to live together in peace?
It’s impossible. That’s why we’ve been fighting all this time.

Ion had at least come up with the first stages of a plan.

…What did you say?
Nay, the Sharl ruler is Kanon.
I know. Delta and Cass told me. But what’s your point?
I know she’ll listen if you talk to her. I’m sure she’ll help find a way for humans and Sharl to live together!
You’re hopeless… You really are just obsessed with finding peace.
Don’t you get it? Humans and Sharl are at war.
Does it look like we’re just playing around? Of course it doesn’t.
Because we’re doing everything we can to KILL each other.
There’s no way that me, the human representative, and Kanon, the Sharl representative, can just talk.
I’ll figure that part out. I can find a place where you can both talk.
You…?
Yes, I promise. So please, just rest for now, Nay.

Um… Do you want something to eat? I have some fruit.
Umm… W-Waaaaah!

Be careful around people who bumble around cutely and act all goofy and airheaded. They’re often not quite what they seem.

He he he…
That’s not a compliment!
I-I know…
* Sigh *
Um, Nay…
What?
Talking to you reminds me of the past.
Really? …Well, I guess so.
Nay… Do you remember the Seven?
…Of course I remember. It was you and your seven friends.
Yes… They’re all very important to me.
I came here to look for them.
Why?

She shared her larger plans with Nay, which helped explain why she was mostly just trying to stall everyone for time.

We can build a world where humans and Sharl can live together.
Please Nay, I need your help…
I don’t really understand, but fine. I’ll cooperate.
Really!?
Yeah, but you still need to find the other six.
And I doubt that’s going to be easy.
So yes, if you can manage to get them all together, I’ll help.
Good… Thank you, Nay!

Nay, in turn, made an offer to Ion.

Chain?
I’m still not really sure what you’re trying to say.
So I want you to prove through our Chain that what you’re trying to do is really going to help us.
Of course I will! Thank you, Nay!
…Really? I’ll see everything inside your mind, you know?
I want you to see!
…Ugh, you’re boring. If you’d gotten scared it would have made for some really good drama.
He he, sorry. I really don’t have anything to hide, though. I’m happy to share my thoughts with you.
Yeah, yeah, I understand. Let’s just get it over with.
Quell->EX[lic]->{hymi NAYAFLASK⇔IONASAL};
All done. Oh, if you happen to find something in my head, go ahead and use it.
Okay, thank you!

Ion let her rest for the day, then returned the next.

My body still hurts all over, but I should still be able to work.
That’s good…
You’re awfully persistent.
Well, that’s because…
Sorry, I’m not waking up the Sharl, no matter how many times you ask.
I can’t only act on what I want. I’m the Divine Empress.
I’m not going to do anything until Kanon herself tells me the Sharl won’t attack us anymore.

Time to get up.
N-Nay!? You should stay in bed!
I’m fine. Besides, I have to go somewhere. I can’t just stay here.
Sorry, but could you come with me?
Where do you need to go?
A restaurant. Bistro: “Nay au Francais.” I’m running it.
What?! Really!?
Pretty much. Anyway, I need to get over there, so will you come with me? I’m not totally recovered yet.
Of course.

As far as whose story we’ll pick up with next time, well, I guess you’ll just have to wait and see, won’t you?

Feinne’s Notes:
And now it’s time for a vote! Should we start Phase II following Delta and Cass, or Ion? Keep in mind the very first thing you’ll see with either side is their new Dive (so Cass/Kanon or Ion/Nay). My personal preference is to start with Ion

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Ion because the other group has a more clear path forward while Ion is just hanging with Nay.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Ion because I want to see the Ion/Nay genometrics.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I really want to see where the Ion/Nay chain is going considering their issues, so I'll vote Ion.

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
Definitely Ion

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I can't pass up the drama that's inevitably going to come up with Nay and Ion.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Not only did the climax of the previous phase end with a big scene between Nay and Ion, but I also don't like either of those characters and would rather get that over with sooner.

How many jail cells does Felion have? Because if the issue is that they can't wake the Sharl because they'll starve, then maybe they could lock up a bunch of them, which might dimly provoke a realization that humans don't like being locked up much either. But I bet there's nowhere near enough cells or food in Felion anyway.

That bald Prime Minister continues to defy expectations by appearing to not be evil. I bet if they'd given him a name he'd be evil, though.

You know, this game would really have been served well if there had been some other people in Felion that Delta and Cass were friends with and talked to, and suddenly after the two-year time skip some of them were dead or kidnapped. That's such a missed opportunity to show how the situation has gotten worse. The too-tight focus on only a handful of people does not help set the scene well.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 23:51 on May 15, 2015

Opiomorphone
Nov 30, 2014
Ion because she is cool and I want to see the Nay/Ion dive. Nay is a pretty awesome character and seeing more of her, especially her real side, would be great!
I quite like the Earthes dialogue choices as well, so seeing more of those is a good thing also.

How is Ion going to get back the starting seven when some of them aren't really around much

Opiomorphone fucked around with this message at 22:56 on May 15, 2015

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

So far it's at:

Ion 7
Cass 1

for what we'll hit first in the second phase.

Just recorded Ion/Nay 1 and the suddenly completable Ion 1, since Nay 1 should be totally doable in one update I might do something like Nay 1 on Sunday, Ion 1 on Monday, then alternate Dives with plot (we actually open up Ion/Kanon 2 for finishing Ion 1, and after doing that we can also do Nelico's dive for really reals and suddenly have Harmonics level 4 and maybe my favorite song of Ion's to make the next boss suffer for me wiping on Nay several times). Voting is still open, though, and if there's a dramatic reversal obviously we'll see Cass/Kanon next.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 06:21 on May 16, 2015

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Pity vote for Cass!

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Just do Ion and get it over with.

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Look, just sign the stupid petition. I've got stuff to do.
Ion, because there's a pattern I've noticed with her first two Dives and I'm curious about seeing if the third one keeps it up more than anything else at the moment.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I really want to see Ion and Nay's dive. Should be something. :allears:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

You know, this game would really have been served well if there had been some other people in Felion that Delta and Cass were friends with and talked to, and suddenly after the two-year time skip some of them were dead or kidnapped. That's such a missed opportunity to show how the situation has gotten worse. The too-tight focus on only a handful of people does not help set the scene well.
The manga gets into this a bit. You even meet the guy who originally ran Delta'sNay's cafe.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007
Catching up, and Hidra Heteromycin sounds like it fell out of Persona 3 or 4 to me for some reason.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

A bit late now as we're well past the relevant update, but I just remembered I had this lying around. No idea if it's official art or fanart:

Also another vote on the pile for Ion, because not only can we see her and Nay's dive, we'll also finally be able to finish up Ion's dive too.

e: Also Feinne, as we seem to have come back to outfit chat again recently, would you mind if I went and did a little side update with all the characters' relevant outfit descriptions, or would you rather include that in a main update yourself at some point?

Icedude fucked around with this message at 15:18 on May 16, 2015

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Oh no feel free, just obviously don't hit the ones we haven't seen yet.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

YES.

gently caress YES.

HELL

loving

YES.

Delta owns, but Ion also owns and is currently winning the vote so Ion & Nale

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

As Feinne's given the go ahead, it's time for some Ra Cielan Fashion Corner! These are the descriptions the game gives you of the various character outfits that you can view on the Costume Change screen.

Cass' Outfit: “Naval Dragon”

quote:

Cass' favorite parka. It's stylish to wear around town, and it's also highly impact resistant for traveling outside the Barrier. Cass pretty much only wears underwear underneath, but due to maintenance of pleasant weather year-round in the Orei, this is the most comfortable solution

Cass' Purification Outfit: “Ripple Shell”

quote:

While this may be a swimsuit, the merging of cloth and film makes this design particularly futuristic, even in this world. Cass purchased this after deciding to do the Purification Ceremony, but apparently she was pushed into buying it as she was too embarrassed to refuse. The person who chose it said it would allow for the highest efficiency Purification, and the reason is starkly apparent just by looking.

Delta's Outfit: “Wild Wear”

quote:

Typical clothes worn by city folk. However, the version worn by Delta is made especially strong, for people who travel outside the Barrier. Delta is most relaxed while wearing these kinds of rugged clothes, perhaps from his time working for PLASMA.

Delta's Purification Outfit: “Viva☆Sports”

quote:

It's fairly standard sportswear, but Delta uses it often as home wear. The mesh fiber weave allows for good breathability, remaining cool even on hot days, so he wears it all the time except when going out. Ironically, despite wearing sportswear year round, he doesn't have any particular interest in sports.

Ion's Outfit: “Paula's Memory III”

quote:

Clothes Ion made herself. As the III implies, this is the 3rd generation of Paula's Memory. The original Paula's Memory was made by a lady who took care of Ion when she first came to this world, and these clothes are in memory of the first kindness she felt here. Even now Ion continues to improve upon it, and while it no longer resembles the original, it carries on in name.

Ion's Purification Outfit: “Ocean's Allure”

quote:

An eloquent and cute swimsuit, resembling waves in the ocean. The material is highly elastic, and feels nice. While it was obviously designed for those with larger breasts, Ion rather likes wearing this swimsuit, despite her average size. The Orei doesn't have any oceans, but it does have artificial ponds, and large numbers of swimsuits are sold for use there. There are also swimsuits highly efficient for Purification Ceremonies, but Ion doesn't seem to like those.

Earthes' 'Outfit': “ES45 Cathode”

quote:

This is technically the item's model number. ES45 is a type of Guardian robot, but unlike the Guardians wandering about the Orei, this has various special support functions. The most particular feature is a direct Bus connected to the Ar noSurge Tube, a vacuum tube used for processing connections to the 7th Dimension. Due to this, beings from outside this world are able to freely control it.

And of course Earthes doesn't have a purification outfit because robots don't wear clothes.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

quote:

Cass pretty much only wears underwear underneath

This doesn't seem to actually be true. The Ar Nosruge Plus box makes it look like she's wearing short shorts.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Icedude posted:

A bit late now as we're well past the relevant update, but I just remembered I had this lying around. No idea if it's official art or fanart:

I have no idea what that is .

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

wdarkk posted:

This doesn't seem to actually be true. The Ar Nosruge Plus box makes it look like she's wearing short shorts.

I think it was referring to under the parka. If you look closer at that box image, she's got the parka unzipped and yes, she's only wearing underwear underneath it.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I have no idea what that is .

The robot in the air is Earthes, fighting Delta.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Icedude posted:

And of course Earthes doesn't have a purification outfit because robots don't wear clothes.
Missed opportunity for another bikini.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Specifically this is what Cass is wearing under the parka.

Link version

The shirt's a little short but it's otherwise very close to resembling actual people clothes.

Looks pretty one-sided, so I'm going to call it for Ion. We'll see Nay/Ion 1 tomorrow.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 18:14 on May 16, 2015

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Paulas Memory for Ions costume is a mistranslation of Polar Memory.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

FrickenMoron posted:

Paulas Memory for Ions costume is a mistranslation of Polar Memory.

It's "Polar's", but apparently at least one person translating it left the 's out consistently

Opiomorphone
Nov 30, 2014

Feinne posted:

The shirt's a little short but it's otherwise very close to resembling actual people clothes.
I also like wearing 1 very large sock with 1 small sock. :j: But are you sure they aren't pants? Because they are quite normal for pants.
Also looking at Delta's lower trousers, 1 sock and 1 flared trouser, what is this world's obsession with oddly sized socks/shoes. Is Felion, as well as being at war with the sharl, also at war with pairs in general?

Will it ever be explained why the sharl are dressed like Halloween rejects. Or is it because the world of the dead sharl and the world of the living humans have crossed over and caused some very weird glitches as a result? Or was one of the first sharl victories taking the ship's supply of Halloween costumes? Dooming the humans to be perpetually sensibly dressed.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

In principle Sharl are energy beings that could take on just about any appearance, but I think they need some kind of program to pattern off of for that. That will actually come up in a synthesis chat or two, because someone's going to make an item based on the same principle.

EDIT: Just got the other two Dives we could do recorded, as I noted we'll have the super awesome Ion/Nay 1 tomorrow, Ion 1 Monday, and then we'll kick up some plot. The remaining two Dives will then intersperse relatively as regular, though there could be an EXCITING PREVIEW of one of the Songs we'll get from one because we get the most magical of Song Magic from Nelico's Dive but might not actually have hit it before the next boss fight where you're drat right I'm going to use it because it's just the greatest thing.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 07:06 on May 17, 2015

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I hope the protag teams get broken up and mixed at some point. Mostly because I want to see Earthes snarkin' around with Casty.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

I think we should start with Ion’s side of things first. While she was talking to Nay, they Chained together. And, well, we need to start there. You kids will see why.

Feinne’s Notes:
While it would look like this regardless of whether you’d done Cass/Nay, it’s pretty clear you’re supposed to have already done so, leaving this post-apocalyptic wasteland behind.

Ion had no way of knowing Nay’s worlds had only recently come literally crashing down around her.

Ooh! A desert kingdom after one of elegance, hm? This is quite a magnificent tour.
Nelico… You really are going to follow me wherever I go, aren’t you?
Lighthouse… That sounds as though you don’t want me to come with you.
No, that’s not it, it’s just… We thought it might be too much work for you, so…
Too much work!? By no means… Think about it. I’ve been living in your world almost exclusively until now…
I’m tired of looking at the same scenery every day, and counting the sandals in that wasteland…
And that was when this surprise struck like lightning! It’s like a luxury tour around the world for free!
…What idiot would turn down an offer that good?
Umm, it’s not like we’re on a trip or anything…
Maybe you aren’t, but each person could have a different goal, right?
SO! That’s why I’d like to take a back seat on this trip and enjoy the scenery.
Now, I think we better investigate, wouldn’t you agree? Adios!

Nelico was quite dedicated to the task of being weird and unhelpful.

Yeah… I think this is going to be another roller coaster ride.
But, if I’m with you, I don’t think I have much to worry about. Right?

They dropped in on a weird old lab, though they weren’t there long.

Hey, you can’t just walk in here! There are tons of secret labs, you know!?
Oh, umm... I’m sorry. You are…?
Planck. That’s Professor Planck, to you. So, what do you want?
Oh, no, it’s nothing, really…
If you’re not here for anything, why bother even coming!?
Ahh! I’m so sorry!
Aww, we got chased out.

The rocket looming above their heads was not the only survivor from the amusement park.

Ummm, 100 carats per try?
Oooh, this is a little toy for children! The kind you see in front of malls. That sort of thing!
No, this is an electric chair/The roof’s closed now
I-I mean, sure, it might look like one, but that joke is just too dark!
…Wha-!? I think this really IS an electric chair!
Hey, welcome! It’s only 100 carats per ride right now!
System Message: Obtained the thought gem, [Paid Electric Chair]!
Whoa-! You surprised me! You’re…?
The name’s Hyaha. I’m just your average, awesome guy who offers dreams to children!
Dreams…? But an electric chair would kill them…!
Boy: Hello, I saved up some money! Could you let me ride the electric chair!?
Ah, welcome, welcome! You brought 100 carats?
Boy: Of course! I’ve been working 24/7 for the past years for this day!
What a good little boy you are. Now then, hop on!
Boy: Okay!
H-Hey, now wait a second! If you sit on this, you’re going to die!
Boy: What are you talking about, old lady? I know that… That’s why I’m here.
…Huh? What’s going on here?

And it seemed this world was just as devoid of hope as that one.

N-Now, just wait-! I don’t understand what you’re saying!
Now now, missy… I’d appreciate it if you didn’t try to get in the way of my business.
Are you still new around her? You should know, there’s no hope for living here on this world…
So, now do you understand? I sell people “dreams.”
I don’t understand… Why would people save money just to die? What’s going on…?

They decided to track down Nay.

There’s absolutely no sign of rain, either.
Raaaaaaaaaaain! Please, raaaaaaain!!
Huh!? I hear someone’s voice.
Rain, why do you refuse to fall!? I swear I’ll make it worth your while, and give you special treatment!
Argh, I get it, I get it… How about I double your bonus, then!? Huh?
Nay!?
Huh? Ion…? What are you doing here?
I could ask you the same thing, Nay? What are you doing here…?
Huuuh!? What’s wrong with you? I’m the spiritual shaman. I’m praying for it to rain, obviously!
A-A bonus for the rain…?
Oh, don’t sweat the details… Now that we’ve come this far, there’s no turning back!
Has it really not rained for that long?
It hasn’t rained once since this world has been created.
Whaaaaaat!? Then, how can people possibly live around here?

It seemed this world had been a wasteland for ages.

But it won’t anymore… All because of that stupid rocket!
Oh, the rocket right up there…?
That’s right! All of a sudden that thing came crashing down, and plugged the shower’s hose.
Thanks to that, turning the nozzle does absolutely nothing anymore. And, here we are.
So, instead of doing something about the rocket, I thought it might be easier to just call for natural rain.
Hmmm… And you can’t just change the hose on the nozzle?
Were it that simple, I would have done it already. But this country doesn’t have the technology to make a hose…
I-I see… Then, you’ll have to get that rocket to kindly move somewhere else…
Can’t do that either! There’s a scary Space Empress inside the rocket. She just won’t budge.
System Message: Obtained the thought gem, [Space Empress’s Reign]!

The rocket and its empress were once again a problem.

Ahh! That might be a great idea!
Nay, we should talk to Professor Planck.
What!? Sure, she might be capable, but… She’d never listen to what we have to say.
…I see.
The rocket’s blocking passage of the nozzle near the edge over there…
…Anyway, we need to talk to people about this.

Feinne’s Notes:
You might have noticed something a bit important about the rocket from the wide shot of the level. Anyway, there’s no actual reason to go talk to Sarly right now, because she’ll just tell us to go piss off again. There’s also a scene we could see at the wall of the world, but all we’d do there is waste our time. We instead need to head to the village.

Though, it would be foolish to assume it represents the same thing.

???: Eeeeeek! P-Please, spare me my life!
…!? Oh no, we better go help them!
Heh, how weak… I suppose I could spare your life, but I’m taking this. See ya!
Older Man: Ahhh! Noo, please…!
Ah, what a rare piece this is… I was actually looking for one of these, you know?
Now then… Who should we go rip off next?
Older Woman: Eek! I-I don’t have anything valuable, you know!?
I see, is that so? Well, then I might need you to feel some pain… Enough pain to make you want to QUIT life.
Hyaha!
Oh? The old hag from the other day. What do you want?
I cannot believe you. Why would you do this sort of thing ot the people in the town?
See, old hag… This world is surmisal of the finest! The strong ones have a duty to eliminate the weak.
You must mean survival of the fittest. But still, I think that’s wrong!
Right or wrong, without this, people can’t survive. If you need to get mad at someone, then blame the rocket.
I hate that empress, too… I’d love to beat ‘er up, but supposedly she’s got some kinda monster…
…A monster!?
That’s right. Think it was called the “Tentacles of Shawarl” or something like that… Clearly a trap.
System Message: Obtained the thought gem, [Cute Tentacles Are In]!
O-Okay…
So, you’re gonna give the empress a taste of the surmisal of the finest, huh!? The law of the land is... “win”.

Anyway, Earthes decided to show him what survival of the fittest was about.

What the hell do you want!? Little robot!?
Guah!
Y-You’re strong…! I’m sorry, I’m sorry! Please, you can have all of these!
H-Hey…
Good-bye!
Whoa, he runs really fast… But… What are we supposed to do with all of these?
System Message: Obtained the “Limited Edition Nyuroki Spoon”!

If there was any way of securing the help of any Sarly anywhere, it would be with Nyuroki merchandise.

Oh, you guys again… I’m in a really bad mood right now because I failed to acquire a limited edition spoon…
Um, are you talking about these?
System Message: Handed over the “Limited Edition Nyuroki Spoon”!
Oh my gosh! This is it… Yes! How did you get this!?
Umm? Uhh, that’s well… We beat up a bad guy?
It doesn’t matter! Thank you so much! Now, I can continue living… I feel so energized!
So? There was something you wanted to ask me? You can ask me anything! I’ll take care of it, top priority!
Th-Thank you very much. The truth is, it’s about the rain in this world…
Hmm, I see… But I had no idea Nay was trying to hard. In fact, I’m a little surprised.
Everyone here hates that space rocket… If I had the chance to punch it, I’m sure I would, too.
Anyway, that’s how it is around here, so you have my support.
Thank you very much!
The rocket operates on electric power… So, if we can overload it with power, it’ll short-circuit.
Then, the security doors should override, and you can enter…

They fortunately had a ready source of electricity.

Huh? But, do you think they’ll let us use it? Just like that?
It’ll be difficult if you just ask normally… But if Nay asked, it might be different. He likes her, you see.
I didn’t know… But, I guess that makes things really simple.
Of course, this is just a conjecture on my part…
…Huh?
No matter. If we can just get our hands on that electric chair, I think we can do something.
We need an extension cord from the chair to the wall… Then, we can send a jolt of power to the rocket.
Here’s an extension cord I made. Now, work with Nay and convince Hyaha to cooperate with us.
System Message: Obtained a “50km Extension Cord”!
Thank you, Professor Planck.
I’m praying for your success… But be careful, the Space Empress has a terrifying monster…
It’s called the “Tentacles of Shawarl”. I heard it’s really cute, but very vicious.
O-Okay, we’ll be careful.
Well then, I guess we better find Nay and try to convince Hyaha.

They found Nay around the town.

I’m glad that you’ve come to me seeking help, but… Why is it that all the weird jobs come my way…!?
Aww, now you shouldn’t say that! We’ve finally found a reliable way to make it rain again.
But Nay, I didn’t know you knew Hyaha.
Yeah, well… He behaves like that now, but he didn’t always used to be that way, you know?
Huh? Really?
Yes. Back when the shower was still available…
Since it stopped raining, though, he began to behave differently… And now you see where he is.
Hey hey hey! You honestly think THIS is going to be enough to keep me happy!?
!! That’s… Hyaha! We need to go.
I’ve already got 3 or 4 of these photos! You hearin’ me!?
What I’m looking for… is from the 3094 Pretty Berry Show Frontier Tour. Her 18th performance, to be specific!
Man: I-I-I wouldn’t have something like that! That’s way too specific!

They decided to interrupt.

Oh, Nay… You came all the way here to see me? What an honor.
…Or so I thought. What the heck is that robot doing here, too!?
I came because there’s something I needed to ask you today. We need to use your electric chair for a while.
Huuh? Now, you know I can’t do that! Besides, I’ve got reservations for the next month. No-can-do.
I figured as much… Since you’re going around town making people WANT to actually die…
Huuuuuh!? You can’t be serious. That’s just too cruel!
What are you talking about!? It’s called “marketing”! What about that fish store, huh? They got that jingle!
So, I ask, WHAT’S WRONG with an electric chair store trying to make people want to die, huh!?
Is that all you have to say? Then, I’m pretty busy with my marketing efforts, I suggest you run along.

Earthes wanted to solve the problem with violence, but for once that wouldn’t work.

No, wait! Over here.
The electric chair can only be operated by Hyaha…
If he runs away, or dies on us… Then we might as well throw away the option of using his chair.
We can’t let him run. He’s a gold medalist in the “drop and run away” sport.
First, we should set up traps so he can’t run away. Then, demand he let us use the electric chair.
Hmm… What kind of traps should we be setting up?
Honey traps are the best!/Booby traps are the best!
Hey! We need to think about this seriously.
Whoa, that’s a great idea! The Honey Trap… It might actually work on him!
And so, Ion… There’s something we need you to do for us…
H-Hey, why do I have to play this role!?

She didn’t actually look as bothered by it as she acted.

Feinne’s Notes:
We get a Thought Gem for agreeing with Nay here, but I think the dialog for this is a bit funnier so I’ll show you what happens if we agree with Ion.

Nope. Not happening…
But you thought for a moment about it. Does that mean I’m not far off the mark?
No no no no! Absolutely not! Now, let’s hurry over to where Hyaha is! Go go!

Ion’s ability to appeal to… a certain sort of people did make her ideal for the role.

Huuuh!? To the electric chair!? But, that’s SO far away… I can’t bait him that far…
Oh, don’t worry about it! Where there’s a will, there’s a way. Now, let’s see you get started!
Uhhh… I’m not responsible for any of this…!
Sheesh… This is all I got from today? It’s getting worse and worse…
Huh!?
Mew…!
Whaaaaa-!?
Mew meoooooow!

Aw, crap… He’s gonna think she’s too young if she’s acting like that.
…What the-!?
Mew meoooow!
…erfect…
Huh!?
Yes, you’re PERFECT!
Eeeeeeeeeeeeek! Stay away!!
Wait for me, little kitty!
Alright, we got him! Thank god he’s such an idiot.
Now, we’re gonna run ahead to be electric chair, and wait to ambush him.

Maybe a bit too ideal. Anyway, they rushed to the chair.

Then, I’ll tie him to it and demand he works with us on this!
Mew meoooooooooow!
There they come! Looks like she’s pretty much had it. But, I can’t deny its effectiveness.
Meoooooow! Finally… Here….!
Aww, little kitty. You can’t run anymore. You’re in MY territory now, you know.
NOW!
Rush in with a mad dash/Rush in normally
Whoa-!? What the-!?
D’wah!
I-I… What the…!? Waaaaah!
Why am I in my electric chair!?
So we can ask you to let us use the electric chair for free, obviously.
Please, Hyaha… It’s to save this world!
I can’t do that! I’ll lose profits.
Oh, is that so? Then, how about I pull this lever? This one’s on the house.
Gyaaaaaaaaaaaah! Wait wait wait wait! If I die, this chair won’t work. You know that…
I really don’t care about the chair, to be honest.

They were able to gently convince him to help.

Really!? Oh, thank you so much!
You could’ve saved us both a lot of trouble.
Ohhh… I’m gonna be in the red this month…
Nay! I pulled the cord all the way to the wall of despair.
Roger that. Now, Hyaha… Let’s get this party started, shall we?
Yea yea yea… Here it goes, guys!
Gyaaaaaaah!
I heard something breaking upstairs!
It must be the rocket! We should go, Nay!

They entered a very familiar rocket.

Where have I heard this line before…? Nevermind. Anyway, we have to hurry.
Nay, what’s the matter? Why do you look so down all of a sudden?
…Ion, we should go home. We’re no match for the Space Empress. She’s too strong.
Huuuh!? Nay, you can’t say that after coming this far. We need to save everyone!
Y-yeah, that might be so, but…
Don’t worry. Nay, even if you feel weak, Earthes and I can defeat anyone!
…You little idiot! You’re really starting to get on my nerves!
Say, there’s a large room over there. We should check it out!
Ahh, hey, wait! Don’t go on your own like that-!

Ion didn’t really get why Nay wanted them to turn around, though how could she have? Anyway just as with Cass, the Divine Empress of mankind was waiting for them.

Who dares to set foot inside my ship?
Huh!?
Whooooa she’s here!
Y-You’re the… Space Empress? Or rather, Nay?
That is true. I am the true ruler of this world, and the Space Empress. Nay’s true form, if you will.
N-Nay’s true form!? Nay… What’s the meaning of this!?
S-She’s lying, obviously! Ion, don’t let her fool you!
Ah, it has been quite a while, hasn’t it, Nay… Have you improved your skills in summoning the rain at all?
Tch…
What do you want today? Are you ready to become one with me, and live under my rule!?
In your dreams, maybe! I’m here to beat the crap out of you, once and for all!
Hehehe, you make me laugh! To defeat me? You must be joking.
I’ve never been more serious in my entire life! Now, Ion! Let’s beat the hell out of her!

This put Ion in the awkward position of taking sides in a fight between two Nays. However, the Nay she’d been with was clearly hiding something and siding with her would just be helping her do so.

Feinne’s Notes:
Both ways will let us progress, but if we side with the Space Empress we get a Thought Gem and get some pretty important information not only about this Dive but about the real world made much more clear. So let’s do that.

So she chose not to take part.

Hey, Ion! Don’t tell me you’re actually believing the crap she’s feeing you!
Uhh, umm, of course I believe you, Nay.
But, what if you were both twi sides of the same coin, and… Hurting one Nay hurts the other, too…?
Oh, forget it! I came to defeat the Empress, so if you’re not going to help me, Ion, I’m out!
Ah-! Nay…!!
Leave her be. There’s nothing she can do.
…Are you really Nay, too? If you really are, could you please take that mask off for me?
Very well, I suppose you’re no longer interested in attacking me.

But when she did reveal herself, well, things were a bit different than they’d been in the amusement park. Because this level was about something a bit different.

Sharl: No, it’s not that I became one. I always was one.
But… I thought you were Nay! Yet… You’re a Sharl, too…!?
Sharl: Indeed. I am Nay, and my true form is a Sharl.
System Message: Obtained the thought gem, [Nay is a Sharl]!
Huh? Wait, your true form is a Sharl, Nay!?
Sharl: Indeed.
Ehh!? Is that only in this world? Or…?
Sharl: I see… So you are not aware of this possibility. The one where Nay is a Sharl.
Are you… Are you really sure that’s true?

Feinne’s Notes:
So yeah, I’ve been trying to keep people from mentioning this because this game does kind of make a reveal of it here, due to… misadventure in Ciel Nosurge Nay lost her real body and ended up in a Sharl body. That’s how she’s been able to be Divine Empress for so long, because she doesn’t age. There’s more to the story, but we’ll get that when we do her second Dive with Ion so I’m going to stop elaborating there. This also puts context onto why they’d discounted Hidra Heteromycin as a possibility until she got all motivated by Delta, because it was 100% guaranteed to kill her at the end if it properly finished because she herself is also a Sharl (well again sort of). This also explains why she hates pants so much.

As it happened, the Sharl’s greatest enemy was one of them.

I see…. But, then why is Nay fighting against the Sharl?
Sharl: In due time, you shall realize the answer, if our bond depends.
At any rate, because I am a Sharl… The other me has taken a stand.
Then, does that mean you’re fighting yourself, Nay? Why would you…?
But, if that were true, then… Then, you need to stop fighting against yourself!
Right now, Nay’s world is suffering from a drought.
If you could just move your rocket aside, then… There would be no reason to fight!
Sharl: Unfortunately, I can’t do that… What do you think happens if this rocket disappears? This world will collapse.
Nay knows of this, which is why I’ve given her my cute little “Shawarl”, instead.
Shawarl…? You mean, the “Tentacles of Shawarl”?
Sharl: Tenta-? Ahahaha! Is that what you people call it on the ground?
…?
Sharl: The Shawarl is no beast. It’s a fairy that has the power to make it rain.
…Huuh!? What does that mean!?
Sharl: This rocket cannot move from here. And Nay knows this… Which is why I’ve given her the Shawarl instead.
She refuses to make it rain, loses the Shawarl, and comes to pick a fight with me…? What does she want?
Nay… What’s the meaning of this? I need to go see her!
Sharl: Sheesh… You always meddle in affairs you shouldn’t. You should’ve left me alone…
I can’t do that! You’re an important friend to me, Nay. We’ll be back!
Sharl:

And it’s sort of obvious why she had to keep that a secret.

Yeah.
In reality, the people around her hate Sharls… Which is why she’s trying to hide the fact that she is one.

They headed to the wall of the world to investigate.

Is she trying to destroy her own world?
Might be for rock climbing/Nay is a hardcore masochist
Even then, it’s still too large… Maybe just the right size for a Giant to climb, but…
You sure have a strange imagination. I could go on and on listening to you.
???: Help… Please, help me…
I can hear a voice/What’s wrong Ion?
Huh? Really?
???: Someone, please save me… You’re there, right? On the other side of this wall?
You’re right! Someone’s calling for help!
Who’s there? Where are you?
My name is Shawarl. I’ve been trapped inside this wall. Please let me out of here.
Inside the wall!? W-W—What should we do!?
Punch the wall/Knock on the wall
Eeeeeeeeeek! E-Earthes, that’s a little too rough, don’t you think?
Huh!? You broke a hole in it! Whoa, that was amazing!
Now, let’s see what’s inside, yeah?

And inside they found the Shawarl.

Who are you? Are you here to free me?
You must be the “Tentacles of Shawarl”, right?
Why would you call something so cute “Tentacles”?
The Space Empress has told us everything. That you belong to Nay… But, what brings you here?
I was trapped here by Nay, the Priestess… Apparently, I’m troublesome for her.
Huh? I can’t imagine how that could be true… Because, you’re able to make rain, right? Tentacles…?
Stop calling me that!
That’s strange… I can’t imagine why Nay wouldn’t take really good care of you. What could be on her mind…?
W-Well, it’s a fact that Nay trapped me here…!
Hmmm, I can’t understand why…
There’s no need for you to understand. Now, I must ask you to leave this place. Quietly.
Huh!?
Nay!? Where’ve you been? You disappeared all of a sudden. I was surprised.

Obviously leaving was the wrong idea.

I’m not leaving, either. You were the one, right? You sealed away the Tentacles in a place like this…
I’m a-! …No, nevermind…
This has nothing to do with you, Ion. This is my own problem. I ask that you don’t butt in.
I cannot accept that answer. After all, you borrowed it from the Space Empress, right?
Why won’t you let it rain!?
Obviously! If I use this thing, then everyone will know I’m actually a Sharl!
Then, everyone will look at me with those disapproving eyes… I won’t be able to stay Priestess…
That’s not true. In fact, I think the people would rather see a little bit of rain…
Impossible! You saw everyone’s reaction, right!? Everyone HATES this guy.
Sure, I’d love to use this guy’s power to make it rain. But if I do, I’ll be the laughingstock of town. Beat up…
That’s self defense/That’s harsh
System Message: Obtained the thought gem, [Feeling of Self Defense].
What!? You don’t even know the beginning of how painful this is for me!

Of course, even if the truth was revealed she could still rely on Ion to stick by her. That’s just the kind of person she was.

But, the people cannot handle another day without rain. They’re in pain…!
I’m not you, Nay, so I might not be able to do anything, but… If I were you, I think I’d make it rain…
…If you were the ruler of this world. What would you do, Ion?
If the priestess you thought was on your side was the one stopping the rain, could you forgive her?
Hmm… Whether or not I could forgive her would depend on the information I had. But, I’d thank her for the rain.
Maybe you could explain things to people after the dust settles, and the rain’s stopped…

Nay… Please!
Haaah, okay, I get it! I’ll make it rain with Shawarl, okay!?
But, if everyone hates me, then you have to take responsibility. You’ll be my only friend…
Of course. I’ll always be your friend, no matter what happens. Don’t worry…
…That’s a promise, then.

Nelico decided to drop in after they’d left.

Please, don’t stir things up. Nay is truly afraid of not having friends.
Yes, well… I suppose that’s true. She is quite afraid of not having any friends.
I hope that that promise will not come to bite you one day.
Huh?
Just speaking to myself. Out loud… Heh heh heh heh.

With that ominous warning given, Ion and Earthes headed to find Nay.

Ionasal, it’s an emergency! The Tentacles of Shawarl is going to attack us!
This is a big deal! This Tentacle is so much more “moe” than I had predicted!
Now listen, everyone… I’m going to make it rain now!
W-Wait a second, Nay… Could you explain why you’re with that dreadful monster, first!?
Yeah!! It’s evil! Stop hogging it for yourself, and… Err, I mean, you’re being controlled by that creature!
You owe us an explanation. Otherwise, we’ll have to beat you to a pulp out of fear.
Okay, okay… I’ll explain everything.
The Space Empress and I are actually one and the same. The end!
Whaaaaa-!? You think that’s going to convince us!?
Then, why has the rocket stopped the water? You need to explain that, too!
Shut up! There’s a very crucial and important reason why the rocket is up there!
If you’re not okay with that, then I suggest you continue to live in this desert!
You either let the Space Empress help you make it rain, or you continue to live in this drought. Which is it?
That’s a pretty dirty tactic, only giving us those options… Wouldn’t expect any less from you, Nay.
…I was contemplating whether or not I should even bring this up, you know…
But I thought about it. And, hiding these facts would only serve my interests.
Even if people found out I was the Space Empress, and you hated me… I thought it would be okay if it rained.
Nay…

It seemed like everyone was reacting as Nay had feared.

Feinne’s Notes:
The other option gets us a Thought Gem and kicked out, we’ll see it in a later compilation of goofy failure options in Dives.

But with their help, she was able to push through.

Ion…?
I’m sure there’s a reason why Nay stopped the water herself…
I don’t know this reason, yet, but… I still believe in her, reasons or not.
Everyone here should know already, right? That Nay was trying to hard to make it rain for us…
Yeah, maybe so… But then why didn’t you use the Tentacles of Shawarl sooner, then!?
…That’s because… I didn’t want to be rejected by everyone.
If you all found out that I was the owner of that rocket, and I was stopping the water supply, you’d hate me.
I didn’t want that to happen, so I…
…I think I understand how you feel. If I was in your position, I’d probably do the same, too.
But that’s exactly why I want to thank you. For overcoming that, and having the courage to make it rain.
I still can’t get over the fact that you don’t have a reason, but… Ion has a point, too, I suppose.
Nay’s been working hard to make it rain. And there really isn’t anything we’d wish for more than rain…
Thanks, everyone…
Isn’t that great, Nay…!?
Ahhh! It’s the Embrace Role! Earthes!

They headed to the Hymmnofort to finish the level.

Nay, thanks for waiting.
Ion, Earthes… Thanks for earlier. You sided with me…
Huh? Oh, no… I just said what was on my mind, that’s all…
Even if that were the case, to me, it was all the support I needed.
The problem with this world is the fact that I was, in fact, a Sharl…
But, you accepted me for what I was, and even told everyone else about that truth.
Even when I thought the others might leave me, I knew I was still going to have you.
I see… I’m glad I could help you in any way.

Though, there was still business unfinished. It would have to be resolved another time.

Right now, it’s just too shallow in my Soulscape, I can’t tell you…
No, that’s alright. I trust you, Nay. That’s all I need.
Besides, I think I’m going to come bother you in your world again, Nay… Hopefully by then, you can explain.
…Thanks, Ion. That really makes me feel better.
Well, I should now like to perform the ritual of acceptance. Are you ready?
Yes, I am.
Of course.
I, Shawarl, the ruler and governor of thoughts in this world, accept and approve the bond between you two.
Now, you two need to open the door together.
Nay… I’ll come back from time to time and visit.
Yeah, anytime. But… The next time you come you’ll be…
…Hm?
Oh, no, it’s nothing. Now, let’s go, shall we?

How likely do you think it will in fact be nothing? Well, you’ll have a bit of a wait. For now, we’re done.

With that done, it was finally possible for Earthes to pass through Quality Assurance. At least, that’s what he hoped…

Next Time, Ar Nosurge: Trust Revisited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I can't remember exactly when in Ciel it's covered but Ion does know that Nay's body is a sharl right?

• Locked thread