Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

texasmed
May 27, 2004
The Grem is super fast and DD play is fun, buy the russian boats on the russian video game

Cardiac posted:

What I liked about the aimbot mod
:fuckoff:

I think shooting is extremely gratifying and also tends to be easy as gently caress against most opponents who don't seem to know that they can turn their boats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Sigh, some pubbies are just too heavy to carry. :(

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Cardiac posted:

And compared to tanks it is still pretty bad. Even arty in WoT, flawed as it is, is more intuitive than how the ranging is implemented.
Also, waiting 20s for your shells to land is pretty boring.
What I liked about the aimbot mod was how it introduced simplicity into the game. Not fighting the tank was one of the reasons for WoTs success and I would like to see that repeated in WoWS.

If you find hitting stuff hard you are just bad. Not sure what to tell you.
Also saying that arty had any kind of ranging in WoT is a joke because it had not.

Here is what you can do if waiting 20 (10 at max?) seconds bores you: Don't play battleships. Cruisers are fast, fun, you can miss without it costing you half a minute. Or even better, destroyers.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Carriers are even less fun to play than ever now.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Welcome to the new patch.

Also, playing the Atlanta is basically this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ZeD40Rg8A

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
The overhead mod is more than enough aim assistance for me. Especially since it makes it easy to deal with turning ships or ships coming in at a weird angle.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

Vengarr posted:

Carriers are even less fun to play than ever now.

Good :getin:

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Adventure Pigeon posted:

The overhead mod is more than enough aim assistance for me. Especially since it makes it easy to deal with turning ships or ships coming in at a weird angle.

Seconding the overhead mod recommendation. If anything, it helps you more than the aimbot because you can actually dial in the range of something.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The American carriers are fun, until you realise you've already shot down all the planes and now you have next to no ability to do anything about all the botes still on the map

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

They are also only fun if there isn't an american carrier a tier higher than you.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
The people playing mid-high tier US battleships really are the worst, it's amusing seeing two full New Mexico/Colorado platoons run away at 21 knots because a cruiser was spotted.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

SKY CANCER :argh:

But for real, they nerfed manual torpedo drops hard and barely buffed dive bombers. And US battleships are hard as gently caress to bomb despite being so slow because they can turn on a dime. They're also packed to the brim with AA after a few tiers.

They were already barely being played. They're going to be practically extinct for a while.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Did they actually implement the "bumbers fly faster after dropping their payload" thing? Because it feels like my dive bombers don't fly faster at all.

Hammerstein posted:

You are doing it wrong, this is how to do a 4x daily :haw:
I love how the EU server gets a 4x weekend and the NA server gets... a discount on IJN DDs. :geno:

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

Those 4x's gave me a nice, satisfying round number in my Isokaze:

Other team was pretty atrocious though:

El_Molestadore
Apr 2, 2005

Time to die hero
Furinkazan and CaliberQueen: My game crashed and now it's stuck on the loading screen even after a reboot :(

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

El_Molestadore posted:

Furinkazan and CaliberQueen: My game crashed and now it's stuck on the loading screen even after a reboot :(

You will need to open a ticket with support. That happened to me and was part of the infamous 'Let's delete the Cleveland from your account and see if that fixes it. Oops it didn't' incident. I got back my Cleveland w/o the full up commander, no mods.. nothing. Like I had just bought it.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
I just realized that the game has a bot mode and I've been playing it sometimes. I just figured I was seeing the same players over and over again. Boy am I a moron.

Crash74
May 11, 2009
I'm just hoping that this will be a pubby trap for when the game goes live, controlling some of the the drooling retards.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Crash74 posted:

I'm just hoping that this will be a pubby trap for when the game goes live, controlling some of the the drooling retards.

They'll just bot the bot match.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
I swear every time I take my Ranger out I get into a match with no CVs on the other team. :cripes: At least I got to burn down a New Mexico and Wyoming, and got the arsonist achievement off the New Mexico. Also said Wyoming managed to solo a friendly fuso with twice as much health as him while he was burning down. :wtf:

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
Shimakaze trip report: 5 knots makes a difference.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Shimakaze trip report: 5 knots makes a difference.

Stop making me want the Tashkent, Mogador and Capitani Romani classes.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Insert name here posted:

I swear every time I take my Ranger out I get into a match with no CVs on the other team. :cripes: At least I got to burn down a New Mexico and Wyoming, and got the arsonist achievement off the New Mexico. Also said Wyoming managed to solo a friendly fuso with twice as much health as him while he was burning down. :wtf:

If that happens to me I use my fighters to scout out things. That's pretty much all you can do.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

EponymousMrYar posted:

If that happens to me I use my fighters to scout out things. That's pretty much all you can do.

Have them stick to ennemy DDs, you get no points but you sure ruin their day :devil:

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
I dont get the carrier hate, I have been exclusively been playing Jap CV's since the patch and I Love It. The American CV air superiority is bad and kills fun but that just makes it a waiting game. I am 3k from a Shokaku and I still have my Rjuryo because that thing carries lower tier battles so much. I enjoy manually aiming my torp planes much more than my destroyer or cruiser shots.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Gaj posted:

I dont get the carrier hate, I have been exclusively been playing Jap CV's since the patch and I Love It. The American CV air superiority is bad and kills fun but that just makes it a waiting game. I am 3k from a Shokaku and I still have my Rjuryo because that thing carries lower tier battles so much. I enjoy manually aiming my torp planes much more than my destroyer or cruiser shots.
Now imagine not having any torpedo bombers to command

Such is the life of an American carrier

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
The stock Wyoming has a secondary gun sticking out its rear end. Pity the range is only 3 km, though.

Also the assgun is dropped in favor of AA in the 1940s hull.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I was so afraid that with the changes to ap, the atlanta was goinjg to be nerfed. But no, the he changes made up for it.

How to Atlanta:

That is with the 1.5x and premium time.

I'll post the replay in a bit if interested. The first 3 kills were two destroyers and a new orleans. The two destroyers completely locked up when they realized I was in their smoke cloud with them and just shredded them with no really retort from them for it. The new orleans after getting mauled a bit before I got distracted by the dds was trying desperately to run away when I finished the dds. He didn't make it far. That was followed by a battleship and a cruiser near the end that helped push our cap points up to finish the game. It was hilarious.

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

Vengarr posted:

SKY CANCER :argh:

But for real, they nerfed manual torpedo drops hard and barely buffed dive bombers. And US battleships are hard as gently caress to bomb despite being so slow because they can turn on a dime. They're also packed to the brim with AA after a few tiers.

They were already barely being played. They're going to be practically extinct for a while.

How'd they nerf manual drops? I just came back this patch after a couple months and it seems the same with the IJN carriers. Do they freak out more from the AAA?

Zhanism
Apr 1, 2005
Death by Zhanism. So Judged.
Should BB ever use HE even with this patch? My DDs are using HE almost all the time and I only use AP on my 8 Inch cruisers.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I Greyhound posted:

The stock Wyoming has a secondary gun sticking out its rear end. Pity the range is only 3 km, though.

Also the assgun is dropped in favor of AA in the 1940s hull.

Are you sure thats the rear end? that looks like the bow m8.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

orange juche posted:

Are you sure thats the rear end? that looks like the bow m8.

That is the aft. Note the second pair of turrets facing towards you like the first set in the foreground. Also, I'm on the Wyoming and noticed it as well.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Zhanism posted:

Should BB ever use HE even with this patch? My DDs are using HE almost all the time and I only use AP on my 8 Inch cruisers.

I can't figure the Wyoming out for poo poo, so I've been shooting HE and hoping for the best. Not really working out, but I've been having trouble penning other wyomings.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

I can't figure the Wyoming out for poo poo, so I've been shooting HE and hoping for the best. Not really working out, but I've been having trouble penning other wyomings.
I found with the 12-inchers you can generally penetrate Wyomings and South Carolinas as long as you can get within 10km or so and preferably hit the side as flat as you can. I don't think I've ever managed to penetrate another Wyoming at max range with those guns though. Generally I found that with AP, at least on BBs, if you can't penetrate get closer and try again. I managed to get a citadel hit on a New York in my Wyoming at around 7km or so, but any further than that it was basically just bounce city.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.
With the new friendly fire rules I want to throw myself in front of all friendly torpedoes and berate my IJN teammates for attempting to harm the majestic BB thriving in its natural habitat. I would need to start a new account and name myself the Sea Shepard.

Hey, who wants to start the (SSCS) clan when the game goes live?

Kubrick
Jul 20, 2004

Insert name here posted:

Now imagine not having any torpedo bombers to command

Such is the life of an American carrier

Also imagine that you have been match up against a carrier 1, 2, or 3 tiers higher than you which makes you useless.

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg
Been playing this today and it's very fun. However, my last game in my japanese destroyer I couldn't rotate my turrets or shoot them. I couldn't aim or fire torpedos either. It was as if I was holding down RMB the whole time--my turrets never rotated. It's probably something obvious in retrospect but I can't figure out what the hell was happening.

e: Is there ammo buying in this game like tanks? I couldn't find it anywhere. There was a 0 next to my reticle on my gun I think? Could that be it? Sorry for the newbie q's

Mahasamatman fucked around with this message at 05:40 on May 17, 2015

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !

Mahasamatman posted:

Been playing this today and it's very fun. However, my last game in my japanese destroyer I couldn't rotate my turrets or shoot them. I couldn't aim or fire torpedos either. It was as if I was holding down RMB the whole time--my turrets never rotated. It's probably something obvious in retrospect but I can't figure out what the hell was happening.

e: Is there ammo buying in this game like tanks? I couldn't find it anywhere. There was a 0 next to my reticle on my gun I think? Could that be it? Sorry for the newbie q's

Totally unresponsive turrets is a known bug with the game, can happen to any ship (ask me about this happening to my Wyo one match :v: ). Ammo load-outs are not a thing yet, but will be at some point. Currently you just get charged credits for firing shells out of your magically never ending on-board supply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice
One good thing with all the American BB's is how good hunting has been for my Grem.

You'd think that in a straight gun fight with a BB the DD would lose. You'd be wrong so so wrong.