Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I really want that Sigismund model too. Hes great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Why are all the Loyalist characters being deprived of helmets? Kharne, Typhus, and the Nightlords guy all got cool helmets!

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Potential BFF posted:

Why are all the Loyalist characters being deprived of helmets? Kharne, Typhus, and the Nightlords guy all got cool helmets!

Because they're all faceless villains.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

They got bare head swaps too!

Hell, Typhus got a cool beard rather than the typical "grizzled bald man" even.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Potential BFF posted:

Same reason all the character models in 40k almost always have helmetless options: to make you focus on the face of the character and give them more personality. That's the difference between Large Man With Helmet and Roboute Guilliman. Those same bad dudes have helmetless options too, but their hats are way cool generally.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Gallery photos are up, there's only 430 or so...

https://plus.google.com/photos/101792256154658567736/albums/6149526483284482033

sorry for the image spam, but here are the highlights:

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Oooh the paints are for airbrushes. Even better.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
All of those display boards are great, but the Eldar Tyranid one wins.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

Unf. Want one of these so bad.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Cool new nurgle and khorne guys. I'm really happy for you.

*takes daemonettes home and cries*
Hey look, at least they have a single varient of the Fiend of Slaanesh left. But man! Cool new greater daemon! Bloodthirsters are pretty great.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Reynold posted:

Oooh the paints are for airbrushes. Even better.

Yeah, but not dropper bottles. They are the Reaper/Coat d'Arms jars though, and they do a big bottle of thinner too.

For everyone that wanted the Princeps model:
I was able to ORDER (not receive) Princeps models for everyone that wanted one, they were £9 and we were limited to 1 per person until later in the day. I ordered several the first time I went in line, and by the time I went back a second time they were sold out for the day and I ordered an extra couple. I should get the Princeps and Guilleman models this coming week, and I'll post them out to everyone that asked, and work out the postage difference with you individually.

So in case anyone was like me and was wondering, the Horus Heresy book 5 is not available in LE slipcase, it's just a regular production book so I held off getting one. I didn't know, but books 1 &2 weren't sold in slipcase either, until book 3 was available with a slipcase that fitted books 1-3. I assumed book 5 would be available as a LE as well.

Also Cataphract, I represented all drat day long with your band logo on the bag I used for carrying the books I was getting signed.

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012

SRM posted:

Rules are out for the Space Marine command tanks:

The Rhino basically being an aircraft carrier for skulls is 40k as gently caress and I like it. The repair one is way too good though - fixing a hullpoint on a 2+ while a techpriest needs what, a 4+? Also giving a unit full BS for snap shots could be genuinely terrifying if applied to a Guard blob. I generally like the idea of command vehicles though, more units that don't just kill guys better than other units is good for the game I think.

AbusePuppy posted:

Depending on points, these are potentially quite strong. The Rhino being able to throw down a 7" blast and auto-get reserves are both really good, as is repairing vehicles on a 2+ and giving guys the ability to fire full overwatch. And handing out Skyfire/Intercept/Tank Hunter? That's cray-cray.
The 2+ repair is nice, but it is a once-per-game ability, so you're basically buying 5/6ths of a hull point for one model. Also it doesn't have the ability to repair a weapon-destroyed/immobilised result like a techmarine. So it doesn't seem that OP to me

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Moola posted:

I like this better

Yeah the other one is good too but it looks too much like a Knight to me, I like the blockier look of the other design because it's pretty distinctive

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

Ignite Memories posted:

Right, how's this?

MAWBoss
3x Manz, trukk
12x Hard boyz, trukk
20x Shoota boyz, footslogging
Skorcha Buggy
Rokkit Buggy
5x Flash Gitz w/ battlewagon

units have power klaws and whatnot where appropriate, obviously, i just wanted to write the shortform list so it wasn't such a pain to look at.

I could swap out the battlewagon for a grot screen or something if you think that's too much armor.

Hmmm. Does he have any Fusion in his list? If yes, the Battlewagon is fine- if not, I'd probably take osme Lootas or something instead. Maybe Deffkoptas. But I'd say it's a pretty solid version overall- you've got a mix of armor saves so he can kinda wrap his head around that sort of thing, different speeds of units, and a variety of choices.

serious gaylord posted:

He seems to be quite useful in killing other Primarchs, being that he gets to re-roll an invulnerable save every game phase and his sword is pretty nasty.

It makes him a bit more survivable than you might otherwise assume, yeah. It's no 3++, but it means he'll usually make it to the latter rounds of combat. Being able to swing with Concussive on the first turn and then follow it up with at-Initiative swings is pretty nice.

LordAba posted:

Cool new nurgle and khorne guys. I'm really happy for you.

*takes daemonettes home and cries*
Hey look, at least they have a single varient of the Fiend of Slaanesh left. But man! Cool new greater daemon! Bloodthirsters are pretty great.

Sadly, Slaanesh is the least popular God and has been for a long time. I'd really like to see it get some love, though, and the Chaos Knights might be a good start, as canonically the only fallen Knight houses are all Slaaneshi.

Deanut Pancer posted:

The 2+ repair is nice, but it is a once-per-game ability, so you're basically buying 5/6ths of a hull point for one model. Also it doesn't have the ability to repair a weapon-destroyed/immobilised result like a techmarine. So it doesn't seem that OP to me

It's true, but that 1HP will sometimes make a big difference on vehicles. But yeah, I wouldn't call it overpowered as an ability at all- if anything, I would be much more worried about that orbital strike.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I want that train and those cargo containers.

Strength of Many
Jan 13, 2012

The butthurt is the life... and it shall be mine.

Deanut Pancer posted:

I would be more worried about the full BS on Snapfire/Overwatch and literally everything the Excelsior does. I have to hand it to them though, I guess they found a way to get C:SM players to actually take a Land Raider!

ijyt posted:

That IS a really sweet board.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

ijyt posted:

I mentioned that the containers should be a regularly stocked item to my buddies, and a FW guy said he'd heard that from a few other people. I told him I was saying the exact same thing at Warhammer Fest (where this board made its debut, I think)! I had a close look at them, there are textures inside so they're double-sided but it's highly likely they casted these to make them in such quantity.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

krushgroove posted:

I mentioned that the containers should be a regularly stocked item to my buddies, and a FW guy said he'd heard that from a few other people. I told him I was saying the exact same thing at Warhammer Fest (where this board made its debut, I think)! I had a close look at them, there are textures inside so they're double-sided but it's highly likely they casted these to make them in such quantity.

One of the greatest shames about Forgeworld is that they discontinued all their terrain.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

serious gaylord posted:

One of the greatest shames about Forgeworld is that they discontinued all their terrain.

I can only imagine it's because they don't have the manpower to make new stuff, HH things and terrain - after all they supposedly started offering Predator turrets after Puppetswar and others started making theirs (not sure if that's true, but "it's what I heard").

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Well yeah its entirely a cost to benefit ratio. The terrain is expensive to manufacture and sell because its such huge chunks of resin. They just dont pay for themselves unfortunately.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
Hmm, lots of big studio stuff, makes it hard to post what I did today. Oh well. I feel good for 3-4 hours of after work progress. That time sounds good to us, but INSANE to anyone else.

*linked to painfully big*
I spent more time on the flame in hand. On the bottom I kinda just drybrushed it and called it a day. Won't be seen much and I felt exhausted after doing just the small ball in the hand.

~~Boring crap~~
I needed another herald for some wonky 2500pt tourney coming up. The only rule is no unbound. I will get crushed.
My list is where the two list helpers left me off, I dropped the Nurgle CSM guys (and that lord on a bike I was proud of) but then went nuts for extras.

C:CD
Belakor
Herald, lvl3, Disc, Exalted Reward.
Herald, lvl3, Disc
11-Horrors
11-Horrors
9x Screamers (Heralds go here)

C:KD
Lord, 4++, Jugg, PFist, Claw, Relic Helm (6s to hit grant another attack)
Lord, 4++, Jugg, Maul, Relic Axe (gets better between 1-8 wounds dealt.)
8-Bloodletters
9-Bloodletters
Heldrake, Flamer

F: Gorepack
4-Units: 3-Bikers, 2xMelta, Meltabomb on Sarge
20 Hounds (Lords go here)

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
any word on what the new admech robot and thanatar variant does?

Strength of Many
Jan 13, 2012

The butthurt is the life... and it shall be mine.
Mind if I pick everyone's brain on this list? I'm torn between going pure Blood Angels or dragging in Allies to shore up weaknesses. It feels kind of boring but I wanted to give it a try before I go all in on the idea of Drop Podding, Deep Striking, Assault Ramping right up the opponent's butthole.

Blood Angels Army List posted:

BAAL STRIKE FORCE

LORD OF WAR
Dante - 220

HQ
Sanguinary Priest - 60

ELITES
7 Sanguinary Guard (Power Fist, Encarmine Axe x2, Chapter banner) - 266

TROOPS
10 Tactical Marines (Heavy Flamer, Meltagun) - 160
^ Rhino - 45

^ Rhino - 45

^ Rhino - 45

^ Rhino - 45

IMPERIAL FISTS SPACE MARINES
Allied Detachment

HQ
Librarian - 65

TROOPS
5 Scouts - 55
5 Scouts - 55

FAST ATTACK
Stormtalon Gunship - 110

HEAVY SUPPORT
4 Centurion Devestator Squad (Grav-cannons, Omniscope) - 340

Total: 1,991pts

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Strength of Many posted:

Mind if I pick everyone's brain on this list? I'm torn between going pure Blood Angels or dragging in Allies to shore up weaknesses. It feels kind of boring but I wanted to give it a try before I go all in on the idea of Drop Podding, Deep Striking, Assault Ramping right up the opponent's butthole.

I'd drop the allies, personally.

I'm not sure why you're running a Baal Strike Force- You miss out on Objective Secure which doesn't make much sense to me with so many troops.
Buff up the Sanguinary Priest with some Relics of Baal, take a Librarian in your BA force and roll on the sanguinary table. If you attach the priest and Dante to the Sanguinary Guard squad you'll have quite the resilient wrecking ball (until you get murdered by AP2 templates). Throw quickening on Dante and he gets really scary.

I'd personally try to fit Death Company in there as well. Things like Assault Terminators and Stormravens are also pretty fun to run.

Pendent fucked around with this message at 23:30 on May 16, 2015

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

serious gaylord posted:

Well yeah its entirely a cost to benefit ratio. The terrain is expensive to manufacture and sell because its such huge chunks of resin. They just dont pay for themselves unfortunately.

Just had a look, Forge World are looking to employ SIX permanent resin casters: http://jobs.games-workshop.com/2015/03/11/temporary-forge-world-demoulderpacker-nottingham-uk/ so it looks like they're going to be ramping up production toot-sweet, must be planning for something!

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Reynold posted:

These pots would be so much better than the current GW line it's insane. Also, Sons of Horus Green.

They look like P3 pots, which I think are perfect.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
So UM get terminators that can swap out for reaper autocannons or cyclones on all their dudes and get bonuses for squad sizes
+2 models in squad, squad gains night vision
+5 models in squad, squad gains tank hunters
+8 models in squad, squad gains -1 to enemy cover saves

So tyrants + havoc= these guys

Neat. :negative:

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Boon posted:

Anyone know when we might see a NOVA updated primer to include Eldar and other recent changes/issues? I'd like to start planning/testing my lists but I have no idea what to plan to...

I had a conversation about this with Mike the other day, and I think we can expect something along these lines:
WK's are out as they are now GC's in the LoW spot. Same goes for Imperial Knights.
Most, if not all, ranged D that's not mounted on a GC or a SH will get nerfed to be -1 or counting 6's as 5's.

However, I am not a NOVA TO and am not 100% sure on this. I'm sure they'll get those primers out soon. I might see him on Monday, but there's a NOVA terrain build day next weekend and maybe I can pry more then.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

SRM posted:

Rules are out for the Space Marine command tanks:

The Rhino basically being an aircraft carrier for skulls is 40k as gently caress and I like it. The repair one is way too good though - fixing a hullpoint on a 2+ while a techpriest needs what, a 4+? Also giving a unit full BS for snap shots could be genuinely terrifying if applied to a Guard blob. I generally like the idea of command vehicles though, more units that don't just kill guys better than other units is good for the game I think.

A techpriest can bring servitors to improve the repair roll, potentially with automatic success (1+). You could also bring an Atlas recovery vehicle to give him a second repair and rerolls on both. You can also do it every turn although you need to be in base contact.

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 01:26 on May 17, 2015

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

The Sex Cannon posted:

I had a conversation about this with Mike the other day, and I think we can expect something along these lines:
WK's are out as they are now GC's in the LoW spot. Same goes for Imperial Knights.
Most, if not all, ranged D that's not mounted on a GC or a SH will get nerfed to be -1 or counting 6's as 5's.

However, I am not a NOVA TO and am not 100% sure on this. I'm sure they'll get those primers out soon. I might see him on Monday, but there's a NOVA terrain build day next weekend and maybe I can pry more then.

Make sure to specify for the Narrative in particular!

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Strength of Many posted:

Definitely stick a jumpack on the priest so he can travel with the Guard. They will die super easy without Feel No Pain. Since you are already dropping a shitload of points on what I assume will be Dante + Guard + Priest you could even go full HAM and get a Librarian in there for rerolls to hit and a chance at a +4 Invul. I've never even see a jump pack Librarian, but honestly with Prescience guaranteed for Blood Angels you are getting all the effects of having a Chaplain in there at a cheaper cost...

With all your troops and the very deadly Centurions backing them up you really put your opponent in a bind on what to target. Unless your opponent brings a Vindicator your opponent will be hard pressed to deal with Dante and his elite.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Mange Mite posted:

Yeah the other one is good too but it looks too much like a Knight to me, I like the blockier look of the other design because it's pretty distinctive

I prefer the Mars version because I think the Lucius looks too much like something from Btech. Mars pattern has the distinct 40K titan aesthetic, and it's the original titan design.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Got back from that introductory game a little while ago. His army was really clean and pretty and he'd done some minor gundam conversions which looked nice. The riptide had little verniers and stuff. We were playing in the basement on improvised terrain, doing kill points to keep things simple. Because of a little cupboard thing hanging over one side of the board, we agreed to do diagonal deployment. Both of these things ended up working in his favor significantly. We forgot to roll for warlord traits, which helped keep the bookkeeping down but made me wonder how the game would have gone differently with them. I looked over the ork traits after the game, and nearly all of them would have fixed one dumb thing that happened to me.

He only had one troops squad, a couple crisis bodyguards [who were not bodyguarding the commander, incidentally], a riptide and a squad of broadsides. The broadsides came with a bunch of missile drones, joined by a commander with no weapons and a bunch of gear that twin-linked the squad and boosted the drones to BS5. I think there were 3 different missile profiles in that squad, 4 if you count the seekers. It was extremely efficient, and wrecked up my buggies and trukk pretty well. The same squad later took out 17 of the 20 footslogging shoota boyz in a single volley. They never really moved around, just hanging out in a 'forest' on top of a couple books. I shouldn't have been nearly so worried about his ability to crack volumes of light armor.

The battlewagon did prove uncrackable, as most of the high-strength high-AP weaponry was occupied melting meganobz and hardboyz while I kept its front armor pointed at macross hill. There were only 5 flash gitz inside it, though [I'm painting the other 5 currently] so they weren't really all that threatening anyway. After weathering a bunch of incoming fire, My boss and a couple remaining meganobz tore up his fire warriors. Sadly they bailed out of combat and meganobz can't do sweeping advances anymore. :smith: They ran off the board while his suits and riptide blasted my boss's squad down to his final wound, then my hardboyz chopped his crisis suits to bits. The riptide and a few missiles blasted the rest of my hardboyz away while my boss ran in for a risky combat with the riptide. He survived a ton of overwatch fire, but the riptide squeezed in a single wound in close combat and brought him down. The very next turn his riptide overheated itself to death out of sheer pride. I think in total he overheated three times during that game, it was ridiculous. He put more wounds on himself than I did.

At the end it sort of stalemated, with my flash gitz unable to really do much more than tickle his broadside team and his broadsides completely unable to harm my battlewagon's front armor. I didn't want to get close, because he was 2 books up and I would have taken a million twin-linked overwatch shots if I tried to assault. My remaining 3 shoota boyz were left cowering behind a low wall which prevented the broadsides from seeing them but also left them nowhere to escape, and when the clock ran out he had beaten me by a ton of kill points. Which made sense, because he only brought 5 to the table and I brought about twice as many.

All in all the conditions were definitely favorable for him, and I had some pretty stinky luck at some very crucial moments [for instance, my hardboyz managed to reroll a 4 into a 3, failing to assault a squad that turned out to be about 3.8 inches away and eating two squad's worth of overwatch fire in response]. My boss weathered a lot of small arms fire but got worn down before he could pull off anything fancy, and I don't think the lucky stikk would have been overkill. After all, he was running a riptide at 1000 pts.

It was a good intro game. He got to win his first match-up, and I got a chance to remember why I never ever run mixed mechanized/footslogging lists. I don't know what I would have done if his riptide hadn't overheated 3 times, that thing is a tough nut to crack. I think tau have a lot of cool toys, and this game made me a little sad that orks don't have that kind of versatility, Ld, invuln saves and wargear. But then, I feel that way playing against every army.

I had a question come up that I wasn't sure about - does my warboss make a morale check at the end of the shooting phase if everybody in his squad is shot to death but him? He lost more than 25% of the unit, but now he's not in any unit anymore. How's that work?

Also, I seem to remember something about getting a reroll on warlord traits. Is that a thing that comes along with using a regular CAD, or am I misremembering?

edit: SRM you should meet him sometime, he lives in dorchester.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 12:29 on May 17, 2015

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Titanchat: The Armorcast Reaver is probably my favorite, followed closely by the Warhound. I don't mind the Warlord buuuuut holy poo poo is that thing big

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ignite Memories posted:

Also, I seem to remember something about getting a reroll on warlord traits. Is that a thing that comes along with using a regular CAD, or am I misremembering?

edit: SRM you should meet him sometime, he lives in dorchester.

Most detachments (CAD, etc) allow rerolls on the warlord table. It is usually in the benefits section (so the reroll, and troops getting super scoring). Overall sounded like fun! How do you think the game would have worked if he followed the CAD and brought two troop choices?

Orks are the reason that we don't do killpoint games anymore.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

Strength of Many posted:

It's not a bad start, but Tacticals don't benefit nearly as much from the Baal Strike Force as other units do- I've seen some people have success using a BA Tactical Spam list, but I think you definitely want a Combined Arms list to do it. You allies aren't really adding a lot, as others have said- Centurions are good and all, but you're not really set up to use them well. Taking SM allies for a TFC or Cents can be very useful, but how are you going to get them to the enemy? You need, at the very least, a Drop Pod to bring them down near the other guy's toys you want to break. Having a BA Librarian or Tiggy with them (for Divination) is certainly the right call. Not sure if the 4th guy is needed, but it's worth trying out.

The Heavy Flamers on the tacticals... I dunno. It's great on a mobile unit, but I almost feel like you'd be better off with a heavy weapon so you can bunker into midfield and just pew-pew out of your tank. HFs are pretty sweet, though, so might be worth using overall- definitely get some Meltabombs on those guys, though, you're gonna need 'em.

The Sanguinary Guard feel like an awkward fit in a mechanized list. They're useful as a countercharge unit, but I think you're overinvesting in them for that purpose.

Ignite Memories posted:

It was a good intro game. He got to win his first match-up, and I got a chance to remember why I never ever run mixed mechanized/footslogging lists. I don't know what I would have done if his riptide hadn't overheated 3 times, that thing is a tough nut to crack. I think tau have a lot of cool toys, and this game made me a little sad that orks don't have that kind of versatility, Ld, invuln saves and wargear. But then, I feel that way playing against every army.

I had a question come up that I wasn't sure about - does my warboss make a morale check at the end of the shooting phase if everybody in his squad is shot to death but him? He lost more than 25% of the unit, but now he's not in any unit anymore. How's that work?

Riptides die the same way most things do to Orks- in melee, by drowning it in saves. Tankbustas also can do the job, since every member of the squad has Meltabombs. Power Klaws kill just about anything, and since Rippy isn't a character he can't single you out.

The Warboss (or any other IC) will have to make a check if he loses everyone else in his squad. He ends up "leaving" the unit when it ceases to exist, but he was still a member of it up to that point (which is what triggers the check.)

The Combined Arms detachment gives you a reroll on your warlord trait, yes. Most codex-specific detachments (and a few formations) give you a reroll on your trait if you roll on the table specific to your faction.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hahahaha they did the Battle of Mogadishu with Orks and Storm Troopers. How soon we forget the lessons of Big Toof River...

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Is that a drop pod slamming into a Titan at the bottom?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Hustlin Floh posted:

Hahahaha they did the Battle of Mogadishu with Orks and Storm Troopers. How soon we forget the lessons of Big Toof River...

Oh goddamn it....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Any thing more on the Forgeworld Airbrush range? Who's making the actual paints? Is it a rebranding of another brand?

Honestly it doesn't look that diverse of colour.

• Locked thread