Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Lurdiak posted:

Are you talking about the game I'm making?

http://itch.io/jam/tojam-10/rate/25351

That's also what I'm copying.

That looks cool and reminds me of Escape Velocity and Star Control, which is a good thing.

But no, I meant No Man's Sky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Lurdiak's video game gave me 7 trojan viruses.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I'm excited for Ubisoft's E3 presentation #girlwood2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Great Joe posted:

I'm excited for Ubisoft's E3 presentation #girlwood2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXKt3rIDjcQ

Hella fuckin smokey in this bitch

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

I can't wait for Overdrive Two to take place in the same location with giant loving towers floating over everything

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i'm excited to play titanfall 2 on ps4

i probably wouldn't be if the first one wasn't such a hilarious disaster. maybe that was the plan all along??? :tinfoil:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Aisha Tyler for presenter of the decade

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

precision posted:

i'm excited to play titanfall 2 on ps4

i probably wouldn't be if the first one wasn't such a hilarious disaster. maybe that was the plan all along??? :tinfoil:

they were forced to rush out what was essentially an unfinished prototype of a whole game, and they were really pushing for EXCLUSIVELY ON XBOX ONE which worked a little bit. almost immediately after it released they were already talking about Titanfall 2 and saying it would be multiplat

the reason bots are put in to simulate enemy players if no one is online was their attempt at distracting people from the huge empty unfinished maps they just covered in dirt and sandy dust and called it a day

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hopefully TitanFall 2 won't have bots during multiplayer, cause that is lame as poo poo.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

But the entire game is about bots. Why would they not be in the multiplayer?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

That doesn't make it a good idea. It's really lazy. The devs said the bots were there to make bad players not feel stupid, and i'm 110% positive they didn't even buy into what they were really saying, it's too stupid coming from veteran game designers who worked on Call of Duty.

TitanFall 2 isn't for me if the bots are still in during online matches.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

FactsAreUseless posted:

heh

I think the idea of having environmental stuff interesting, but then again I never played the game

Xythe
Aug 4, 2010

Stop getting mad at video games. No stop insulting his mother what is wrong with you.

I said come in! posted:

That doesn't make it a good idea. It's really lazy. The devs said the bots were there to make bad players not feel stupid, and i'm 110% positive they didn't even buy into what they were really saying, it's too stupid coming from veteran game designers who worked on Call of Duty.

:thejoke:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

FactsAreUseless posted:

good post

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Wow, I imagine you looking up at that joke towering all the way over your head is how ordinary people feel when they face the unstoppable power of a Titan. War has changed.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Wow, I imagine you looking up at that joke towering all the way over your head is how ordinary people feel when they face the unstoppable power of a Titan. War has changed.

Yeah sure

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

every amateur game developer is always trying to make a spiritual sequel to Star Control II and really, who can blame them?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

divinity original sin is a fun game that makes figuring out what to do a real pain in the rear end.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Yeah, I was dissapointed I couldn't get into Original Sin. I liked the vibe it was putting down with the very open ended environmental hazard based combat system... but once I started looking at it I didn't really have a drive to get a good grasp on all that.

Pillars of Eternity was my real 'oh poo poo' moment for that oldschool crpg genre.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

im back from Italy and im ready to game. my 3ds ran out of batteries before an 8 hour flight, it was a tragedy, not even memories of having recently seen 2000 year old ruins could console me during that trying time

but now im gonna pwn some noobs!!! h*ck yea

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I miss the cocaine guy.

edit: or mr caffeine, as it turns out.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 13:08 on May 17, 2015

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jon Do posted:

Yeah, I was dissapointed I couldn't get into Original Sin. I liked the vibe it was putting down with the very open ended environmental hazard based combat system... but once I started looking at it I didn't really have a drive to get a good grasp on all that.

Pillars of Eternity was my real 'oh poo poo' moment for that oldschool crpg genre.

I'm gonna keep going but i'll probably have to use a walkthrough to save myself wandering around for hours.

Also whoever did the voice recording for the game hosed up very badly. everyone sounds like they're in a tunnel.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

A Spider Covets posted:

im back from Italy and im ready to game. my 3ds ran out of batteries before an 8 hour flight, it was a tragedy, not even memories of having recently seen 2000 year old ruins could console me during that trying time

but now im gonna pwn some noobs!!! h*ck yea

Sorry, games have been outlawed while you've been gone. All you are allowed to do is talk about them in this thread.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Real hurthling! posted:

divinity original sin is a fun game that makes figuring out what to do a real pain in the rear end.

all you gotta do is walk around the entire map and talk to everyone and kill everything
it turns out if you don't do everything possible in the first area, you'll be underleveled for the second

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Wamdoodle posted:

Sorry, games have been outlawed while you've been gone. All you are allowed to do is talk about them in this thread.

take me out back and give me a merciful death, bereft of a phoenix down

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Trip report on buying both Prototype games off of PSN:

-Prototype is a lot uglier and jerkier than I remember. Also, I forgot what a dumb gently caress Alex Mercer is. I'd already killed like a hundred people twenty minutes in and then I downed a helicopter with an air conditioner or something and he goes "I can't believe what I just did!"

-I've only played it a bit but Prototype 2 seems like a slight improve all around (better map, smoother combat, etc) except the voice actor for Alex Mercer is terrible this time. It's hard to believe Barry Pepper was busy or demanded too much money or something. The plot still seem dumb as hell and Heller just generically angry but eh, whatever. I do like that Heller just wears regular street clothes instead of whatever the gently caress fiery tribal symbol was on the back of Mercer's jacket in the first game, though.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i know game manuals have justifiably gone the way of the dodo bird but Nom Nom Galaxy legit needs a loving manual, the tutorial barely covers or outright ignores over half the essential gameplay mechanics :mad:

it's really fun tho

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Wolfsheim posted:

Trip report on buying both Prototype games off of PSN:

-Prototype is a lot uglier and jerkier than I remember. Also, I forgot what a dumb gently caress Alex Mercer is. I'd already killed like a hundred people twenty minutes in and then I downed a helicopter with an air conditioner or something and he goes "I can't believe what I just did!"

-I've only played it a bit but Prototype 2 seems like a slight improve all around (better map, smoother combat, etc) except the voice actor for Alex Mercer is terrible this time. It's hard to believe Barry Pepper was busy or demanded too much money or something. The plot still seem dumb as hell and Heller just generically angry but eh, whatever. I do like that Heller just wears regular street clothes instead of whatever the gently caress fiery tribal symbol was on the back of Mercer's jacket in the first game, though.

as someone who liked infamous a whole lot i tried playing prototype 1 like a year ago and it just has not aged well at all, the people who compared the two must have not played either

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Hog Inspector posted:

as someone who liked infamous a whole lot i tried playing prototype 1 like a year ago and it just has not aged well at all, the people who compared the two must have not played either

I never played Infamous because playing a shapeshifting cannibal monster seemed more interesting than playing Electro wearing bike-messenger clothing :shrug:

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Wolfsheim posted:

I never played Infamous because playing a shapeshifting cannibal monster seemed more interesting than playing Electro wearing bike-messenger clothing :shrug:

infamous has better gameplay

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
infamous is like classic mt. dew with real sugar, whereas prototype is like peach faygo

assassin's creed is coca-cola. watch_dogs was New Coke.

gta games are like 40s of olde english :cheers:

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

false, coke makes me stay awake

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

precision posted:

watch_dogs was a conspiracy to suck so bad that when they went back to coke classic no one would notice they replaced the sugar with corn syrup????

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

mr.capps posted:

watch_dogs was a conspiracy to suck so bad that when they went back to coke classic no one would notice they replaced the sugar with corn syrup????

Yes, actually

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

mr.capps posted:

It got the "sucking so bad" part right, at least.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

making progress in divinity. the secret is to go the right way first rather than last.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I have previously said that Donkey Kong 64 is very fun if you don't go for 101%. Despite this, I have begun a 101% playthrough of Donkey Kong 64, because Donkey Kong 64 is a fun game and I like it.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

precision posted:

infamous is like classic mt. dew with real sugar, whereas prototype is like peach faygo

:iiaca:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

precision posted:

gta games are like 40s of olde english :cheers:

I've literally never been able to make it more than an hour into an AssCreed game without quitting out of sheer boredom so I assume the rest of this is also wrong :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Assassins creed is aids, watch dogs is Ebola. Prototype is rear end cancer and the other one is turd lung.

• Locked thread