Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

Ward and NotMay are terrible spies. Why did they hold up an entire diner to capture one guy?

Because it was a Pulp Fiction reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Ambivalent posted:

Because it was a Pulp Fiction reference.

Yeah, but this isn't Family Guy. You aren't supposed to just drop references in when they don't make any sense.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Fine, it was a Pulp Fiction homage.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Cal was ultra amazing in the finale. Kyle is a treasure. They should have mind wiped him as the mayor of Portland.

Also that Ward/Morse fight scene was good and reminded me I wanted to comment on how respectably they seem to be handling Morse.

She's imposing, competent, badass, professional, and always head-in-the-game. Yes, occasionally her outfit reveals that she is, indeed, a finely-figured female, but they've avoided so many of those cheesecake pitfalls. She's a good character.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

hiddenriverninja posted:

I'm still geeking out over the finale here. Daisy is the best :allears:

YOU DON'T GET TO CALL HER THAT!!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
ahahahahahaha Cal's Young Frankenstein make-up OMG.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

As much as I'm tired of that meme (thanks to this thread), that part really made me smile.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I feel like they were deliberately going for Cal's makeup being an anticlimax, just like Cal's whole hulk-out-rampage was a deliberate anticlimax.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I don't care about any other characters, I want the show to be all about Cal. He is a wonderful gift this show gave the world.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Did you watch... seven... episodes between yesterday's rant about knife lady and now?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I don't know, they all sort of blur together.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I miss Skye's cowl neck SHIELD suit from the beginning of season 2. I wish they had kept that.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

boom boom boom posted:

I miss Skye's cowl neck SHIELD suit from the beginning of season 2. I wish they had kept that.

Do you have a screencap? I've forgotten.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Vitamin P posted:

I got the impression that he knew it was adrenaline that was needed to tip him over but was waiting for SHIELD to give it to him inside the base, rather than freaking out before getting on the Quinjet.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

No, he really did not think of using adrenaline :eng99:

I am not convinced that he simply didn't think about it. I think Vitamin P is right.
At 11:15, when Colson asks him what he's really doing here, Cal answers: "Sure. I'm a present. A gift horse." No doubt referring to a trojan horse.

Cal claims his goal is to take out as many Shield agents as he can. It would make no sense for him to hulk out before getting to the base. They wouldn't bring him otherwise. He can't drink those potions at the base, obviously they'd take em away.

That leaves him with the options of drinking the formula that is missing an ingredient. Even analyzed, it doesn't tell you much except for the list of ingredients. He probably knew that drinking those 3 vials would bring him into cardiac arrest. He was a doctor after all. He probably knew that they would need to use adrenaline (the missing ingredient to his concoction) to keep him alive.

When he says, "Hmm. This is what I was missing" at 34:43, you can interpret it in 2 ways:
1- Duh! I forgot this!
Or
2- I was just waiting for this.

Feenix posted:

Cal was ultra amazing in the finale. Kyle is a treasure. They should have mind wiped him as the mayor of Portland.

Also that Ward/Morse fight scene was good and reminded me I wanted to comment on how respectably they seem to be handling Morse.

She's imposing, competent, badass, professional, and always head-in-the-game. Yes, occasionally her outfit reveals that she is, indeed, a finely-figured female, but they've avoided so many of those cheesecake pitfalls. She's a good character.

I fully agree with that comment. Plus I loved how she was basically beating the poo poo out of Ward and agent 33. I always thought Ward was badass, but she wiped the floor with him. If she didnčt have to deal with agent33 at the same time, she might have brought back his head as a present to colson.

Now I genuinely want to see May and Bobbi have a full on sparring session. That would be awesome. Their only fight earlier in the season was too short.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 07:11 on May 17, 2015

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Chokes McGee posted:

But it's what I thought you wanted!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I got bored.

I call it "May's Lullaby".

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Phylodox posted:

I got bored.

This is awesome.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

We're getting Season 3 posters already?! :neckbeard:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Phylodox posted:

I got bored.

I like it. Make one with Coulson being super nice, and Fitz being Fitz.

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

DoctorWhat posted:

Do you have a screencap? I've forgotten.

Boop.

Sorry if it's a bit late.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
nah thanks man. I'd forgotten how cool that was.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Phylodox posted:

I got bored.

If it hasn't been already, someone should push this Ming-Na Wen's way. :allears:

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Onean posted:

If it hasn't been already, someone should push this Ming-Na Wen's way. :allears:

I just did, hopefully she sees it. loving gold.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I am not sure what people were hoping or expecting with Cal, his transformation makeup was perfect.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I honestly would have rather they gave him some all black contacts, kept the crazy veins, and put a tiny bit of fake muscle under a smaller, ripped suit. But this was good.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Oasx posted:

I am not sure what people were hoping or expecting with Cal, his transformation makeup was perfect.

I don't think he needed a physical transformation at all.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

maybeflan posted:

Boop.

Sorry if it's a bit late.

This is a cool s suit.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
They really need to bring it back next season. I thought they were gonna do some sort of low-key superhero costume thing with those compression gloves, but then they didn't

Also, just to be nit picky, the green screen scenes when people were walking around the deck of the carrier in the finale looked pretty bad, IMO.

I wonder how theyr're gonna handle introducing more powered people next season. I don't know if they can handle more characters, will they just be all like, yeah, May and Hunter and Bobbi are gonna be doing a mission somewhere else for the next three episodes so we can develop these new guys.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

boom boom boom posted:

They really need to bring it back next season. I thought they were gonna do some sort of low-key superhero costume thing with those compression gloves, but then they didn't

Also, just to be nit picky, the green screen scenes when people were walking around the deck of the carrier in the finale looked pretty bad, IMO.

Eh, I'd prefer bad greenscreen to less scope.

quote:

I wonder how theyr're gonna handle introducing more powered people next season. I don't know if they can handle more characters, will they just be all like, yeah, May and Hunter and Bobbi are gonna be doing a mission somewhere else for the next three episodes so we can develop these new guys.

Dunno. May's out for a bit developing her life and when they wrote this episode Bobbi and Hunter were presumed to be leaving, although they're not any more. I'm guessing Lincoln and Deathlok'll be on Skye's superheroteam, so they're not new characters as such... You know who I'd love to join them, at least for a bit? Sif.

Plus, Simmons doesn't need screentime anymore! That's a gain!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Oh wait, there was a non nit-picky thing about the finale that was dumb and terrible and I hated; Killing off Cal! He was great, and it was really stupid to kill him. They could've done like a reverse Ward thing, where there's a creepy guy in prison that loves Skye and she has to see him sometimes, but she actually kinda loves him back and you could see their relationship strengthen and Skye become a better person from having that kind of unconditional love in her life, it would've been great.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
The CGI lighting on the carrier outside made me think of the final fight of MGS4 during the Skye/Jiayang confrontation.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

Oh wait, there was a non nit-picky thing about the finale that was dumb and terrible and I hated; Killing off Cal! He was great, and it was really stupid to kill him. They could've done like a reverse Ward thing, where there's a creepy guy in prison that loves Skye and she has to see him sometimes, but she actually kinda loves him back and you could see their relationship strengthen and Skye become a better person from having that kind of unconditional love in her life, it would've been great.

Kyle MacLachlan is about to be a bit busy so they probably wanted to give a Cal an actual ending since he likely won't be available for next season.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 15:41 on May 17, 2015

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Doing the TAHITI thing on him doesn't exactly rule out him reappearing somewhere down the road either.

(Hell, this is marvel; outright killing someone off doesn't rule out their return in the future)

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Slashrat posted:

Doing the TAHITI thing on him doesn't exactly rule out him reappearing somewhere down the road either.

(Hell, this is marvel; outright killing someone off doesn't rule out their return in the future)

Hell, the Kree are coming back, resurrections for everyone!

Man, when they had that Kree dude in custody they should've stolen all of his blood before they sent it back, used it to make some more resurrection juice. Since someone went and blew up the supply.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Regy Rusty posted:

Kyle MacLachlan is about to be a bit busy so they probably wanted to give a Cal an actual ending since he likely won't be available for next season.

They could just have like, Skye gets back to base and Fitz is like, how was your dad? and Skye is all, he's getting better, it was nice to talk to him.

That was a really interesting relationship, it was stupid to end it like that

MikeJF posted:

Dunno. May's out for a bit developing her life and when they wrote this episode Bobbi and Hunter were presumed to be leaving, although they're not any more. I'm guessing Lincoln and Deathlok'll be on Skye's superheroteam, so they're not new characters as such... You know who I'd love to join them, at least for a bit? Sif.

I had forgotten about Lincoln.

There's not much to remember about Lincoln.

Lincoln is terrible.

I hate Lincoln.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

I think they would have been better served re: Hyde if they'd just done something low key like the transformation from Jekyll:

Black contacts and a change in attitude. Admittedly the actor really sold it.

This is the best Moffett series. Nesbitt is sublime.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

MikeJF posted:

Sif actually has a pretty decent reason to be on Earth too. With Loki ruling Asgard he probably wants Thor and his closest friends there as little as possible. So he'd be like "Lady Sif, while Thor investigates the infinity stones you are to go protect midgard and investigate for signs of invasion."

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

boom boom boom posted:

I had forgotten about Lincoln.

There's not much to remember about Lincoln.

Lincoln is terrible.

I hate Lincoln.

They're pretty obviously planning for him to return, since I seem to recall a few bits of the finale that were obvious backstory hooks for later. Something about where he was before Jiayang found him.

There's something about his voice that makes him seem dull. It sounds so soft and breathy. It's probably because he's an Australian and both faking the accent and very obviously doing that thing Australians actors overseas have to do where they train to not speak through their nose, so it's totally artificial.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 16:09 on May 17, 2015

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

boom boom boom posted:

They could just have like, Skye gets back to base and Fitz is like, how was your dad? and Skye is all, he's getting better, it was nice to talk to him.

That was a really interesting relationship, it was stupid to end it like that

Yeah but Tahiti is pretty far from final. Coulson got tahiti'd and eventually just remembered everything on his own. The same thing could very easily happen to Cal if they ever get a chance to bring him back, and the writers have said as much. I agree it'd be cool to have him in prison with Skye theoretically visiting him occasionally, but if he can never actually appear on the show for that then that plot would kinda be pointless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Ward might eventually capture and brainwash him.

• Locked thread