Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
which means you can hang out with ME HAHAHA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

Nwabudike Morgan posted:

the Reagan is in San Diego, for one

Not for long...

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

CMD598 posted:

Not for long...

Crew swap time? Or hull swap?

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

Seqenenra posted:

Crew swap time? Or hull swap?

Hull swap!

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

CMD598 posted:

Hull swap!

I guess it is time to stock up on booze before they secure it.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

CMD598 posted:

So anybody know how life is on the Reagan compared to the GW?

well they just finished up an availability on it with probably an enormous amount of work deferred until the next availability so it has that going for it

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Sigh. A Corry student riding to his first duty station sped away from cops and crashed his bike going over 140mph friday night.

I'm not totally surprised as I saw someguy doing wheelies down the center of base. Still he was a nice friendly outgoing guy. He was hard to miss too as he was about 6'6" black dude in cowboy boots.

Crab Dad fucked around with this message at 03:03 on May 18, 2015

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

krispykremessuck posted:

well they just finished up an availability on it with probably an enormous amount of work deferred until the next availability so it has that going for it

Well I'm air wing so I'm not sure how that affects me.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

Sigh. A Corry student riding to his first duty station sped away from cops and crashed his bike going over 140mph friday night.

I'm not totally surprised as I saw doing wheelies down the center of base. Still he was a nice friendly outgoing guy. He was hard to miss too as he was about 6'6" black dude in cowboy boots.

Closed-casket funeral then? :rip:

orange juche fucked around with this message at 03:17 on May 18, 2015

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

LingcodKilla posted:

I'm not totally surprised as I saw DUMBFUCK doing wheelies down the center of base. Still he was a nice friendly outgoing guy. He was hard to miss too as he was about 6'6" black dude in cowboy boots.

Recommend you remove the name. Just sayin'...

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

buttplug posted:

Recommend you remove the name. Just sayin'...

Yeah so I'm new to this kinda thing. It was a police matter in any case.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

LingcodKilla posted:

Yeah so I'm new to this kinda thing. It was a police matter in any case.

As a general rule on these boards its best not to post names of anyone in any incident until it becomes a matter of public record (i.e. hits the news). *shrugs*

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

buttplug posted:

As a general rule on these boards its best not to post names of anyone in any incident until it becomes a matter of public record (i.e. hits the news). *shrugs*

Oh, yeah, I'm not positive it's public record already but it should be. Family already informed his friends still on station.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

LingcodKilla posted:

I'm not totally surprised as I saw someguy doing wheelies down the center of base. Still he was a nice friendly outgoing guy. He was hard to miss too as he was about 6'6" black dude in cowboy boots.

Here is a litmus test:

Was your first thought: "drat that's sad for that dude and his family," or "drat, now we're going to have even more training..."

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Sir Lucius posted:

Here is a litmus test:

Was your first thought: "drat that's sad for that dude and his family," or "drat, now we're going to have even more training..."

You know the answer. This Friday was already slated for an all day safety brief on the three day weekend.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
gently caress this Sasebo weather. But hell's yeah bicycle rental. We need bike rentals in Yoko. Maybe it won't be awful tomorrow.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

poopkitty posted:

gently caress this Sasebo weather. But hell's yeah bicycle rental. We need bike rentals in Yoko. Maybe it won't be awful tomorrow.

all the windows are open and i have fans in every window, still to fuckin hot.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
We're abusing the gently caress out of the AC getting turned on today. #blessed

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ManMythLegend posted:

We're abusing the gently caress out of the AC getting turned on today. #blessed

Where the hell are you that the AC is turning on today?

E: Just checked gently caress YES THE AC WORKS THANK YOU GOD I AM SAVED FROM JAPAN SUMMER! Windows closed gonna freezeout in this bitch!

orange juche fucked around with this message at 12:33 on May 18, 2015

DuoGodOfDeath
Feb 20, 2007
It's Sasebo, it rains nearly every day and its barely hot just wait around July/August.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Dumb military question: what do you guys use to get those pre-made ribbon racks where everything is already nice and lined up?

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Sir Lucius posted:

Dumb military question: what do you guys use to get those pre-made ribbon racks where everything is already nice and lined up?

I use Medals of America. There are bunches of others, but MoA has pretty good customer service.

Only for ribbons though. Holy gently caress the medals are expensive.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
ultrathin is another option but they really sucked the last time I used them and I switched to MoA

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Oh man, apparently some guys out here have to put in a special request to schedule appointments in any portion of medical. Have you guys ran into this at your commands? It seems like a massive way to not only waste time but also have HIPAA violations out the rear end.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
CTN1 quotas at 61%. gently caress man, I dont test until fall, hopefully they dont drop like a rock.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

Sir Lucius posted:

Ultrathin.com.

They even send a reusable envelope where you can mail your last set in (with modifications) and get a discounted rate. I've had medals, mini medals, and a couple ribbon racks made through them and they all come out perfect.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Ok, thanks for the advice everyone. I got an end of tour award today so now I have a whole 6 ribbons (I'm kind of a big deal).

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

LingcodKilla posted:

You know the answer. This Friday was already slated for an all day safety brief on the three day weekend.

THAT'S why I'm compressed these next two weeks!?

What the gently caress. I thought the CO was being nice and givin' y'all a 96.
Haha. That is tragically hilarious. Now everyone can just eat the log.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Sir Lucius posted:

CTN1 quotas at 61%. gently caress man, I dont test until fall, hopefully they dont drop like a rock.

I just converted in, but somehow don't see myself in the bottom 39 percent of idiots pushed through JCAC.:banjo:

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos
im personally glad advnacement is going down, by the time I test again it will be back up.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Vriess posted:

THAT'S why I'm compressed these next two weeks!?

What the gently caress. I thought the CO was being nice and givin' y'all a 96.
Haha. That is tragically hilarious. Now everyone can just eat the log.

Glad to be of service? Never did run into you.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

DuoGodOfDeath posted:

It's Sasebo, it rains nearly every day and its barely hot just wait around July/August.

I will not be here that long, thank goodness. Just til next Friday - going home sooner if I can, but the ship has 3 other things to do besides our assessment. Of course. Today was nice.

Where do I line up to get my 3 day weekend brief?

Analogical
May 20, 2013

EEOD? Why not, I could use a break from work

:911:

Laranzu posted:

I just converted in, but somehow don't see myself in the bottom 39 percent of idiots pushed through JCAC.:banjo:

I'm still fighting to get a 1306 routed to convert. E5s are pariahs right now though in my year group.

"Oh, nice credentials and recommendations, but.. unfortunately you're a capricorn and we're only accepting E5 virgos"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
You could always just get out and get paid to go to college to dick around for 3-4 years making roughly the same as your military pay just by subbing in bullshit jobs here and there that you can absolutely just say gently caress off and quit.

Basically, if the navy is trying to get you out, gently caress it roll with it and go loving live.

Note this does not apply if you have a fat wife/kids.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Mr. Nice! posted:

You could always just get out and get paid to go to college to dick around for 3-4 years making roughly the same as your military pay just by subbing in bullshit jobs here and there that you can absolutely just say gently caress off and quit.

Basically, if the navy is trying to get you out, gently caress it roll with it and go loving live.

Note this does not apply if you have a fat wife/kids.

Hey Mr.Nice you're going to lawschool on Voc Rehab right? I don't have PMs but I was wondering if I could get some gouge from you on that whole process as I've heard they're pretty reluctant to pay for lawschool. my email is knun366@gmail.com

No dickpics with faces plz

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Hey Mr.Nice you're going to lawschool on Voc Rehab right? I don't have PMs but I was wondering if I could get some gouge from you on that whole process as I've heard they're pretty reluctant to pay for lawschool. my email is knun366@gmail.com

No dickpics with faces plz

I sent you an email but basically there wasn't any trouble at all. I just applied online and talk with my counselor once or twice a semester.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

LingcodKilla posted:

Glad to be of service? Never did run into you.

A couple of us are instructors, not students. Currently dealing with some food poisoning from a Fajita Burrito I had at Vallarta's.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Vriess posted:

A couple of us are instructors, not students. Currently dealing with some food poisoning from a Fajita Burrito I had at Vallarta's.

I specifically avoided the local Mexican and Asian cuisine restaurants. Some things can wait till I get back home to CA. I'm done with this place in early June. Cant wait for the drive. Never been through this side of the country.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Grape Garden is loving good Chinese food. That was the best part about Pensacola for me. And they even deliver to Corry. Trust me, it's really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Analogical
May 20, 2013

EEOD? Why not, I could use a break from work

:911:

LingcodKilla posted:

Cant wait for the drive. Never been through this side of the country.

:siren: It's poo poo :siren:

• Locked thread