Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Dreamy Souffle posted:

Oh huh, is this an official comic? The way it keeps dropping game mechanics is pretty cheesy (but in a charming way). :3:

It's an official comic published in CoroCoro, which is a comic magazine with a lot of popular kid's tie-ins.

zolthorg posted:

There are like 12 pages missing from that comic, would it have killed you to post the source.

I linked everything from the imgur album I found it in, if you have the source, post it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

They did say they wanted this to be the next Mario Kart soooo

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Silentman0 posted:

It's an official comic published in CoroCoro, which is a comic magazine with a lot of popular kid's tie-ins.

I linked everything from the imgur album I found it in, if you have the source, post it.

Google fu says its a 1shot in the May issue of some publication called Coro Coro. Scans are therefore :warez: and also probably :nsfw:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
As someone who isn't colorblind, I can't wait for colorblind mode so I can always be on team pink

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

Macaluso posted:

As someone who isn't colorblind, I can't wait for colorblind mode so I can always be on team ink

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

I can't wait to buy this loving game I want to shoot goop on the loving walls

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Had I known this game was coming out earlier than expected, I'd have put Mario Kart 8 farther and purchased this instead.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
My only disappointment with this game is that it came out too late to be in Smash Bros. Though DLC could rectify that.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They're adding Splatoon Mii costumes to Smash, that's probably as far as they're gonna go.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They're adding Splatoon Mii costumes to Smash, that's probably as far as they're gonna go.

Was that the Gamestop deal?

Man, I don't want to buy this game from Gamestop!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Fix posted:

Was that the Gamestop deal?

Man, I don't want to buy this game from Gamestop!

They will sell it as DLC eventually.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I think so, yeah, but I'm sure they'll be available a regular DLC pretty soon after launch

Some other retailer (it might even be Gamestop/EB) is selling Splatoon shirts and/or giving them away with preorders, too.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Totally forgot about Mii costumes. That is the perfect way for Nintendo to "cheat" their way into adding characters without having to create anything completely unique. Still, an Inkling would have been a fun addition.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Give me a Mii Ridley costume.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Its still possible, there's a link outfit and link still is in smash after all. They likely just put out the inkling costume because its easy enough to make that in time with the game's release.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 15:08 on May 17, 2015

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I hope I can customize the inkling costume colors in Smash. :(

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

codenameFANGIO posted:

I hope I can customize the inkling costume colors in Smash. :(
Aren't Mii costume colours based on your Mii's body colour?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

KennyMan666 posted:

Aren't Mii costume colours based on your Mii's body colour?

Yeah but not the hats and I feel like with Inklings that's the important part.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I just realized this game doesn't seem to use the Miis. I'm kind of shocked there won't be a way to play as them. Every game should have Miis and Nintendo should have amiibo Mii costumes.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Spacebump posted:

I just realized this game doesn't seem to use the Miis. I'm kind of shocked there won't be a way to play as them. Every game should have Miis and Nintendo should have amiibo Mii costumes.

This is the real reason this is the first good IP Nintendo has put out since the Wii

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

zolthorg posted:

This is the real reason this is the first good IP Nintendo has put out since the Wii

You better just be conveniently forgetting about Wonderful 101 there.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
All of the scrolls have been leaked, and most of them are just goofy world-building. However, in the last 5 you unlock, [BIG-rear end SPOILERS, SERIOUSLY] it reveals that rising water levels wiped out all land-dwelling creatures on Earth long ago, which you probably already figured out from the Wii U scroll. The last two reveal that Judd is the last living Earth mammal who was cryogenically frozen from current day. loving Nintendo, goddamn.

SilverSupernova posted:

You better just be conveniently forgetting about Wonderful 101 there.

Technically that belongs to Platinum. EDIT: I'm wrong, The Wonderful 101 is a Nintendo trademark.

Silentman0 fucked around with this message at 22:41 on May 17, 2015

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Silentman0 posted:

All of the scrolls have been leaked, and most of them are just goofy world-building. However, in the last 5 you unlock, [BIG-rear end SPOILERS, SERIOUSLY] it reveals that rising water levels wiped out all land-dwelling creatures on Earth long ago, which you probably already figured out from the Wii U scroll. The last two reveal that Judd is the last living Earth mammal who was cryogenically frozen from current day. loving Nintendo, goddamn.

Technically that belongs to Platinum.

Platinum made it. Nintendo owns the ip.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
For Smash, I think Inklings would work better as Assist Trophies than playable characters anyway.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Silentman0 posted:

What I'm hearing here is that we should stop clamoring for a Super Mario Sunshine crossover and start calling for a Wind Waker crossover

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken

Rocketlex posted:

For Smash, I think Inklings would work better as Assist Trophies than playable characters anyway.

there isnt a single character that this is true for. let me play as an excite bike

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Silentman0 posted:

I remember I once saw a documentary show about how nature might reclaim the Earth if humans went extinct. One of their theories was that octopi might be the next creatures to evolve human-level sentence and take control of the world. I wonder if one of the devs saw the same thing.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

zolthorg posted:

The last good IP was Chibi Robo of course.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Octopi and squid are different creatures. Please don't be racist.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lord Lambeth posted:

The last good IP was Chibi Robo of course.

I want to live on Wuhu Island.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

SilverSupernova posted:

Platinum made it. Nintendo owns the ip.

Nintendo owns the Viewtiful 101 about as much as Saban owns Sentai

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Silentman0 posted:

gently caress yes

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Silentman0 posted:

Splatoon is Waterworld?! :psyduck:

The first squidboy.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 03:21 on May 18, 2015

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

i think those were spoiler marked for a reason.

Anyway, that kinda thing seems overused lately, i was hoping for something more creative.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Boy, I hope to enjoy a cute game that doesn't really need any kind of deep story and -

:nallears:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Its not like the scrolls are a big deal or anything. I doubt the story is going to be all about post-apocalyptic survival you guys.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Its not like the scrolls are a big deal or anything. I doubt the story is going to be all about

Don't spoil poo poo people would conceivably want to find for themselves, you dumb idiot.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Crabtree posted:

Boy, I hope to enjoy a cute game that doesn't really need any kind of deep story and -

yes, that story is "deep" in that its like an ocean, filled with deep water

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Reiley posted:

Don't spoil poo poo people would conceivably want to find for themselves, you dumb idiot.

Yeah, for the next two weeks, I'm happy knowing nothing more than I can be a kid, then a squid, then a kid and a squid again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Crabtree posted:

Now when you say deep

• Locked thread