Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

lmao calling Smedley Butler a deranged man

I didn't call him that, I called the people who claimed to represent the plotters deranged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Nintendo Kid posted:

I didn't call him that, I called the people who claimed to represent the plotters deranged.

You said "man". The poo poo you post is bad enough without pretending you meant something else after being called out for it.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Unzip and Attack posted:

You said "man". The poo poo you post is bad enough without pretending you meant something else after being called out for it.

There was one primary dude trying to convince Smedly to join the supposed plot, sorry you don't know history?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Lindsey Graham will make a "very important" announcement Monday morning.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

I can't wait for him to lecture the others for being soft on ISIS.

EDIT: Has anyone tried to attach the candidates to their billionaire benefactors?

Walker: Likely the Kochs
Rubio: Braman
Graham: The above article says likely Adelson

What other billionaores have put themselves behind a candidate seriously?

William Bear fucked around with this message at 23:55 on May 17, 2015

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
Never seen anyone hype their coming out to this extent

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

William Bear posted:

I can't wait for him to lecture the others for being soft on ISIS.

EDIT: Has anyone tried to attach the candidates to their billionaire benefactors?

Walker: Likely the Kochs
Rubio: Braman
Graham: The above article says likely Adelson

What other billionaores have put themselves behind a candidate seriously?

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/the-match-game-connect-the-oligarch-to-the-gop-politician-he-owns/

Is this the article you want?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

He's coming out of the closet?

gently caress it, beaten

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

It does say that his aides have said it is not him announcing his campaign. Unless his aides are lying (why lie about this), it is either just a donation stunt or he is joining ISIS.

Those are my top two choices.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Nintendo Kid posted:

Then you phrased it very badly. I got the same impression as Unzip.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
My guess is Graham will announce the formation of a PAC centered around foreign policy. Depending on how much money it gets, he may announce his candidacy later.

Or he's announcing that he'll be cast as the new dad on Chrisley Knows Best.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
He's announcing his endorsement of the Senior Senator from South Carolina. Now there's a man who would make a good President, should he choose to run. And I hope that he does.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

skaboomizzy posted:

My guess is Graham will announce the formation of a PAC centered around foreign policy. Depending on how much money it gets, he may announce his candidacy later.

Or he's announcing that he'll be cast as the new dad on Chrisley Knows Best.
Or he's announcing that May 18th is declared Dandy Day, during which all patriotic Americans must wear ice cream colored seersucker suits with British tan loafers and bowties while effecting a sickeningly sweet Southern accent patterned after Kevin Spacey in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. Suspenduhs ah optionull, suh.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

I just want to know who makes an important announcement at 7:00 am that's not he's running for president?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
He's gonna support Bernie.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
He's gonna reveal David Icke was right all along.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

comes along bort posted:

He's gonna reveal David Icke was right all along.

I can't wait to see the youtube videos where Obama's eyes look like a pit viper's on TV tomorrow.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

I just want to know who makes an important announcement at 7:00 am that's not he's running for president?

Mitt Romney did and it was hilarious.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

:negative:

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

if this tweet isn't evidence of the illuminati i don't know what is

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

PupsOfWar posted:

The gaw-shucks thing can work (observe the years 2000 - 2008) but did not avail Perry in 2012 because people were tired of it.

It will not avail him in 2016 because Mike Huckabee is better at it than him.

The aww-shucks think can't work when you're on national TV and say you'll cut 3 departments and you forget what the third one was. Perry was sunk forever with his "uh, oops" moment and even the combined charisma of (Bill) Clinton and Reagan would have a hard time recovering from a fuckup of that magnitude.

ElrondHubbard posted:

The Palin VP debate discussion had more to do with Palin being so incompetent and out of her depth that it would seem like Biden was bullying a child on stage and he would come off as overly aggressive and mean spirited. The Republicans haven't been shy about making aggressive and vile attacks on Clinton in the past because "she's a woman" and that won't change going into election season.

Watching Biden school Paul Ryan in the VP debate I had a relative mention Biden seemed like he was trying to bully Ryan. I mean when you run over someone hard enough I guess I can see people taking it less as "holy poo poo these two are miles apart" and "holy poo poo that guy's ripping a new rear end in a top hat in to that poor fella instead of just debating him."

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Evil Fluffy posted:

I mean when you run over someone hard enough I guess I can see people taking it less as "holy poo poo these two are miles apart" and "holy poo poo that guy's ripping a new rear end in a top hat in to that poor fella instead of just debating him."

Laura Bush hasn't announced her candidacy yet though.

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

One could, perhaps, start a project for a new american century

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Watching Biden school Paul Ryan in the VP debate I had a relative mention Biden seemed like he was trying to bully Ryan. I mean when you run over someone hard enough I guess I can see people taking it less as "holy poo poo these two are miles apart" and "holy poo poo that guy's ripping a new rear end in a top hat in to that poor fella instead of just debating him."

Turns out when you gently caress up a debate bad enough it looks like an rear end in a top hat ripping. I don't think I've ever seen anyone lose a debate so decisively.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Turns out when you gently caress up a debate bad enough it looks like an rear end in a top hat ripping. I don't think I've ever seen anyone lose a debate so decisively.

And yet most polls of undecided voters indicated Ryan won the debate somehow!

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Slate Action posted:

Isn't it known at this point that debate polls are basically just a reflection of the expectations people had of both sides going in? I wish the knob polling during the debate stuff was more widespread. It would be interesting to compare who voters say they liked after the debate to who voters had the most positive response to during the debate.

There's probably also room for some kind of expectation-adjusted debate performance statistic that would give a more clear indication of who actually won the debate. You could do this with traditional polling if you polled the same group with a few questions both before and after watching the debate.

Are there Vegas lines on debate winners? I wonder if the odds-makers in Vegas have basically figured out who's going to win the debates before they happen.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 05:36 on May 18, 2015

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

FAUXTON posted:

No but Carly Fiorina is going to and that's even better. Imagine a debate between her and Hilary Clinton and they get on to the topic of business and/or leadership. :getin:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Slate Action posted:

Undecided voter usually equals "too embarrassed to say who you're voting for" especially close enough to the election to be having debates.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Evil Fluffy posted:

No but Carly Fiorina is going to and that's even better. Imagine a debate between her and Hilary Clinton and they get on to the topic of business and/or leadership. :getin:

Laura killed a guy in a car wreck.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 05:49 on May 18, 2015

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

The aww-shucks think can't work when you're on national TV and say you'll cut 3 departments and you forget what the third one was. Perry was sunk forever with his "uh, oops" moment and even the combined charisma of (Bill) Clinton and Reagan would have a hard time recovering from a fuckup of that magnitude.

Dubya had moments not too different from that when he first ran. The atmosphere was less charged and nobody particularly cared.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

:golfclap:

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Nintendo Kid posted:

Undecided voter usually equals "too embarrassed to say who you're voting for" especially close enough to the election to be having debates.

I just can't buy into this. Undecided is bullshit, obviously, but I can't buy the too embarrassed line. Something else is going on, it is not embarrassment.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

FAUXTON posted:

Laura killed a guy in a car wreck.

Hillary helped Obama kill Ben Ghazi

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

I've never watched Mad Men, but I've been led to believe it's entirely about lovely men cheating on their wives and then getting angry when they discover their wives are cheating on them.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Slate Action posted:

The only poll I can find of undecided voters was a CBS poll that had Biden up 50-31 in winning the 2012 VP debate.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

DrakePegasus posted:

I've never watched Mad Men, but I've been led to believe it's entirely about lovely men cheating on their wives and then getting angry when they discover their wives are cheating on them.

I've never voted for the GOP but it's full of entirely closeted men who carry on affairs with staffers, strangers in airport bathrooms, people on Grindr, and state employees, and then getting angry when they discover America would rather they not only be encouraged to come out but also be protected from hate crimes if they do.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

FAUXTON posted:

I've never voted for the GOP but it's full of entirely closeted men who carry on affairs with staffers, strangers in airport bathrooms, people on Grindr, and state employees, and then getting angry when they discover America would rather they not only be encouraged to come out but also be protected from hate crimes if they do.

I was seriously going to buy a 40 foot sail boat and just get the gently caress out. I decided to give society one more chance. Society and politics are not making a good impression.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Pohl posted:

I was seriously going to buy a 40 foot sail boat and just get the gently caress out. I decided to give society one more chance. Society and politics are not making a good impression.

Don't worry. You'll be back when the fisheries collapse. :getin:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pohl posted:

Forums poster Pohl has lost faith in America

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Wanamingo posted:

Forums poster Pohl has lost faith in America

Maybe he needs faith in the right to rise?

• Locked thread