Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I just ordered a set of the BetterScanning glass for my V600 myself. For my latest roll, I dropped it off at Costco and opted to get some scans, then did my own scans to compare, and it was pretty shocking how blurry my own scans were. Might give that roll another go when the glass comes in, and compare it against the Costco scans and my old scans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mulls
Jul 30, 2013

I'm not doing anything special and my v550 scans are a million times sharper

mulls fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Feb 8, 2015

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

mulls posted:

I'm not doing anything special and my v550 scans are a million times sharper

So yeah. I think it was mostly a lack of processing on my part as well. With some high pass applied, it's starting to look a hell of a lot better.

Rice Paddy by Paul Frederiksen, on Flickr

vxsarin fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Feb 9, 2015

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.
I've had great results with Kodak Gold. It's come out better than the Cinestill and Fuji pro I just got back. Although Im starting to wonder if the processing got messed up on those. They curl worse than anything else I've gotten back, and there are only a few sharp frames also random bright lines that aren't light leaks. To be fair I was traveling and rather sick when shooting them.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

I don't hate 35mm scans nearly as much now.

Riding A Water Buffalo by Paul Frederiksen, on Flickr

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Pukestain Pal posted:

I don't hate 35mm scans nearly as much now.

Riding A Water Buffalo by Paul Frederiksen, on Flickr

This is awesome.

I recently shot this on my Minolta TC-1:

I think she came out looking pretty adorable in it, especially considering it was a totally random "while-wrapping" kind of shot. I've been toying with the idea of selling my TC-1 and going back to the Yashica T4 for a bit, as the TC-1 lens is a bit wide for my taste. Maybe a Contax G3? Konica Big Mini F? Anyone got any recommendations?

dorkasaurus_rex fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Feb 19, 2015

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
You broke the tables

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

This is awesome.

I recently shot this on my Minolta TC-1:

I think she came out looking pretty adorable in it, especially considering it was a totally random "while-wrapping" kind of shot. I've been toying with the idea of selling my TC-1 and going back to the Yashica T4 for a bit, as the TC-1 lens is a bit wide for my taste. Maybe a Contax G3? Konica Big Mini F? Anyone got any recommendations?

Don't get the Big Mini F.
Save your money and get the normal one, they all die anyway. It's always the ribbon cable OR frame spacing issues. Yes the F models, too! (I have a stack of three dead ones to attest to this fact...)

Also the normal big mini has IMO a better lens configuration, rendering much more pleasantly in color and BW, too.
That 1/2 of a stop doesn't matter, really. The camera has a flash for crying out loud. And if you shoot BW or Portra the stop difference is academical anyway.

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we push up flowers.
New whip:

FIDDY CENT by voodoorootbeer, on Flickr

It seems to have a fair amount of control for a consumer P&S -- ISO 25-3200, manual flash disable / enable, focus lock and recompose. Running the requisite half test roll of Arista Premium through it now.

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.
Well that looks like a bargain.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Playing with my fake pano 35mm point and shoot. Some advice included.

moma ps1 by spikemccue, on Flickr

Long Island City, Queens by spikemccue, on Flickr

winter 2015 by spikemccue, on Flickr

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

This is a nice photo, I like it a lot.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
a heroine's journey, featuring people drinking

0.00001 by Niamh O'Donovan, on Flickr

2.G by Niamh O'Donovan, on Flickr

AbbotsT by Niamh O'Donovan, on Flickr

Mrenda fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Mar 27, 2015

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

edit: nevermind this isn't a point and shoot. I'm dumb.

vxsarin fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 28, 2015

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
dumb stuff

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

It kinda works well as a series imo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

very nice

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Xerox that twice and use it for your crust demo's cover art.

(it's great)

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

35mm point and shoot megathread: gently caress that duck

pootiebigwang
Jun 26, 2008
Untitled by Dev Luns, on Flickr

crap nerd
May 24, 2008
I finally got around to putting a roll through my XA and developing it

Most of the frames have come out a little overexposed, I was using HP5 pushed a stop. I'm not sure if I botched the dev (some 120 film I pushed to 1600 using the same chems afterwards came out fine) or if the light sensor is overexposing or if it's the shutter speeds.

Edit: I think it might be slow high shutter speeds actually, a lot of the others look ok

crap nerd fucked around with this message at 15:35 on May 8, 2015

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
welp just bought this particular piece of poo poo

FIxed focus and shutter speed, I don't even know how it's supposed to work

5€ and I got 3 rolls of kodak gold and agfa something so I consider this a clear win

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

You didn't get the pink version. A clear fail.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
dag

dag by spike mccue, on Flickr

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

unpacked robinhood posted:

welp just bought this particular piece of poo poo

FIxed focus and shutter speed, I don't even know how it's supposed to work

5€ and I got 3 rolls of kodak gold and agfa something so I consider this a clear win

That looks like fun! And just in time for summer, no less!

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

Stanton and Mace by Alex, on Flickr

Thinking I might be done with 35mm SLR's for a while so as to feed the rest of my 35mm stock into my point and shoots.

crap nerd
May 24, 2008

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

Southwest by Alex, on Flickr

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

Untitled by Paul Frederiksen, on Flickr

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
I found somebody selling a brand new in box nishika n8000 from 1989 today so of course I had to get it.

:pcgaming:

The box came with several envelopes so you could mail your negatives to the company, and they would mail you back lenticular prints of your images so you can view the 3D effect without glasses. You know, those rigid plastic cards where the image would change depending on the angle you looked at it?

Of course they are no longer in business, so you see people making animated gifs from the scans instead.

But as luck would have it, there's a company that will make lenticular prints out of any animated gif you upload (up to 10 frames) - http://gifpop.io/ - so naturally I am going to give this a try.

BANME.sh fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jun 14, 2015

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

BANME.sh posted:

But as luck would have it, there's a company that will make lenticular prints out of any animated gif you upload (up to 10 frames) - http://gifpop.io/ - so naturally I am going to give this a try.

Looks like I need to break out my Nishika today.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Holy poo poo. Looks like the word got out about the Yashica T4. They go for about $300 minimum these days.

loving Terry Richardson

Ethanfr0me
Feb 2, 2012

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Holy poo poo. Looks like the word got out about the Yashica T4. They go for about $300 minimum these days.

loving Terry Richardson

Not just the T4 - the Contax T2, Olympus Stylus Epic (Mju-ii), Ricoh Gr series, Fuji Klasse, etc. are all going for bonkers money on eBay compared to a few years ago...

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

BANME.sh posted:

I found somebody selling a brand new in box nishika n8000 from 1989 today so of course I had to get it.

The box came with several envelopes so you could mail your negatives to the company, and they would mail you back lenticular prints of your images so you can view the 3D effect without glasses. You know, those rigid plastic cards where the image would change depending on the angle you looked at it?

Of course they are no longer in business, so you see people making animated gifs from the scans instead.

This is the most fun a photographer can possibly have. I'm going on a three week trip to the USA in a few weeks and I'm packing two SERIOUS CAMERAS and the Nishika.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

elgarbo posted:

This is the most fun a photographer can possibly have. I'm going on a three week trip to the USA in a few weeks and I'm packing two SERIOUS CAMERAS and the Nishika.

Be sure to only take SERIOUS photos with the Nishika tho

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

loving Terry Richardson

wow. its almost as if things that haven't been produced for well over a decade and are in limited supply increase in value over the years. crazy.

also fyi T4s in good condition have been going for ~$400+ for years so

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

T4's and mju-ii's and the rest from that family have been going for about $100 on CL around here.

The more serious ones like the Contax T2 and klasse etc have always been about $300.

They're two different tiers of point and shoots.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

BANME.sh posted:

You might find this helpful...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUIaLAgIR0E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Sounds like it's time to sell my mju-ii

• Locked thread