Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Errant Gin Monks posted:

None of those burgs look that amazing but the lamb feta tsatziki one looks interests enough to try.

There's a cool as gently caress souvlaki place where I do my lamb burgin, I'm leaning towards the mountain because I am hungry and fat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

TEAYCHES posted:

Seconding don't get the fries. Get a double with bacon. If you're adventurous, one of the other good parts about Five Guys is you can get fresh jalepeno instead of pickled on your burger.

The fresh Jalapeños are really great, I hate pickled ones and so many places use them instead. As for the fries I always get them 'well done' and they are pretty good, normally they just aren't cooked long enough.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Big Willy Style posted:

There's a cool as gently caress souvlaki place where I do my lamb burgin, I'm leaning towards the mountain because I am hungry and fat

Lamb burgin is one of the best ways to burg.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois
I tried the new McDonald's 1/3lb bacon and cheese burger today for lunch, it was tasty, but the bun was kind of...off. Seemed too firm but really dry and bready. The regular spongey buns they have are actually better :shrug:

Not my pic, but it looks like what I got. They pulled it apart for photo purposes but this is pretty accurate:

I suppose was good for McDonald's but I don't know if I'd burg that way again. Plus they always cook it to well done so its like...great, you use better meat but you still overcook it :cmon:

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Thats the first mcdonalds burger that I've ever been able to see each component as a distinct component, so it might be an actual improvement

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
How do you all feel about this burg?

We call it the Popper Burger.

Same fresh ground beef, onion jam etc as our other burger but with melty cream cheese and grilled jalapeños.

It's a big seller here.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

It would look better mashed down and edible, but looks like it would taste great.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Come to Butthead

Fastball LIVE in concert
Jul 10, 2010

Chinatown posted:

Come to Butthead

I too take steamers on my burgs.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Looks good but the photo itself is jarring to me

her0n
Sep 13, 2006

hey look the world is covered in snail slime
Trip Report: Cheeseburger with Lettuce, Gherkins, Ketchup and Mustard (keeping it simple), little fries and a drink

Guess who didn't read the thread before going...

Fries weren't great I'll say, but I did get a lot of them for the smallest portion - £2.50! Didn't eat them all.

Burger was enjoyable, satisfying, though not the best I've had for £8! That award still goes to Almost Famous in Manchester. Love that place.

Drink was good, made a peach and vanilla sprite zero mix. Novelty factor was high.

Over all for £13 I probably wouldn't go back. Yes that's just over $20 in your monopoly money :( God Save the Queen.

I have pictures but I'll post later, else I'll break the thread with an enormous mobile imgur. Also gotta run to the airport now!

paraquat
Nov 25, 2006

Burp
I convinced my significant other that we needed to eat burgers this weekend, cause this thread made me hungry.
After a small brainstorming session, we ended up with (from top to bottom):

bun
spring onions
baked onions
a little mustard
ketchup
pickles
(tomato optional)
bacon
cheddar
seasoned jalapeno burger
mayo
bun

I'm pretty sure we'll burg again next weekend, will probably swap (some of the) the pickles with pickled jalapenos.
spring onions are made for burgers btw...

paraquat fucked around with this message at 20:22 on May 17, 2015

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
Those burgs look delicious.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Those burgs look delicious.

yeahhhh

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

I did not eat burgs this weekend, but the pics posted made me wish I did. Good work, burgermen

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

paraquat posted:

I convinced my significant other that we needed to eat burgers this weekend, cause this thread made me hungry.

bun
spring onions
baked onions
a little mustard
ketchup
pickles
(tomato optional)
bacon
cheddar
seasoned jalapeno burger
mayo
bun

I'm pretty sure we'll burg again next weekend, will probably swap (some of the) the pickles with pickled jalapenos.

no egg?

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

No need to pick nits - that is a fine looking burg, egg or no.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

butros posted:

No need to pick nits - that is a fine looking burg, egg or no.

cry more

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i actually dont like fried egg on my burgers. there is a time and a season

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
Steak n Shake has some drat fine burgers. drat fine.

When making your OWN burgers I find the heathen condiment: liquid smoke, to go a yard and a mile towards crafting perfection.

A 1 pound patty with a slight depression in the center thrown on a hot gas grill for 4 minutes per side will yield delicious fun.

Also, onion brioche rolls are the kings of the burger buns.

As for an egg, when I visited Ecuador and found that finding a cheese burger was a hard ask but an fried egg burger was not - I became a believer. Maybe not every time, but once in a while it's fantastic and satisfying.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Btw my burger adventure yesterday sucked. It was those weird Asian style burgers and they were overcooked and the cheese sucked . I was gonna take pictures but I didn't want to spread the disappointment

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Thunder Moose posted:

Steak n Shake has some drat fine burgers. drat fine.

When making your OWN burgers I find the heathen condiment: liquid smoke, to go a yard and a mile towards crafting perfection.

A 1 pound patty with a slight depression in the center thrown on a hot gas grill for 4 minutes per side will yield delicious fun.

Also, onion brioche rolls are the kings of the burger buns.

As for an egg, when I visited Ecuador and found that finding a cheese burger was a hard ask but an fried egg burger was not - I became a believer. Maybe not every time, but once in a while it's fantastic and satisfying.

Look at hank hill over here

You want eggs on your burger about 35% of the time. That is the correct egg percentage

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

paraquat posted:

Spring onions are a great idea and I will try them next time I burg.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
its frankly debatable as to whether a beef patty with an egg on it is a burg or just a malformed meatloaf

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

does that count as filler? it might

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i guess you could call it a ground beef sandwich with egg

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Fetus Tree posted:

its frankly debatable as to whether a beef patty with an egg on it is a burg or just a malformed meatloaf

This is meant to be a chill thread m8 and I don't want to have to box your head in because of that meatloaf remark

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Big Willy Style posted:

This is meant to be a chill thread m8 and I don't want to have to box your head in because of that meatloaf remark

peep the post count and then lets decide which of us is more qualified to decide what thread this is or isnt, m8

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Go eat a burg guys. Seem a bit stressed.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Fetus Tree posted:

peep the post count and then lets decide which of us is more qualified to decide what thread this is or isnt, m8

Maccas sell the most burgers but they ain't the best

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
No meatloaf sandwiches though

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Reminder that aussies put beetroot on the burger and it's shameful.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Made 50-50 burgers tonight. Half ground beef, half ground bacon...they were just about amazing.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

ground bacon?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Fetus Tree posted:

As the OP this is a chill thread to chill in and stop being a whiny non-burg-having turd

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

TEAYCHES posted:

ground bacon?

Ya they are legitttttt. Check out Slaters 50/50 restaurants in SoCal. They make a fine burger.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Chinatown posted:

As the OP this is a chill thread to chill in and stop being a whiny non-burg-having turd

meet me at the flag pole you punk

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Chinatown posted:

Ya they are legitttttt. Check out Slaters 50/50 restaurants in SoCal. They make a fine burger.

Cured here in San Antonio has an amazing 50/50 burger as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Beetroot, pineapple and egg on a burger brings you closer to god

• Locked thread