Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

paperchaseguy posted:

Of the last 22 quarterbacks given scholarships at Virginia, TWO utilized their entire eligibility playing QB at UVa: Marc Verica, a two year starter who really should have been a career backup, and Scott Deke, who never took a meaningful snap. (If Matt Johns plays this year and next he will be the third.)

2015 Nick Johns -- not yet arrived
2014 Corwin Cutler -- Redshirted then transferred
2013 Brendan Marshall -- Redshirted, didn't play as a freshman, moved to TE as a sophomore
2012 Matt Johns -- Played some in 2014, 1st string as a redshirt junior (2015), only scholarship QB on current roster
2012 Greyson Lambert -- Starter as a redshirt sophomore (2014), transferred prior to 2015
2011 David Watford -- played some as a freshman, starter as a redshirt sophomore (2013), transferred after 2014
2010 Phillip Sims -- signed with Alabama, transferred to UVa for 2012, split time, transferred out
2010 Michael Strauss -- backup, transferred to Richmond after 2011
2010 Michael Rocco -- starter in 2011 and split time in 2012, transferred to Richmond after 2012
2010 Jake Mcgee -- moved to TE
2010 Miles Gooch -- moved to WR
2009 Ross Metheney -- backup, transferred to South Alabama
2008 Riko Smalls -- didn't play, transferred
2007 Peter Lalich -- played as a freshman, started as a sophomore before being kicked off the team
2006 O.C.Wardlow -- didn't qualify
2006 Marc Verica -- 2 year starter (2008, 2010), should have been a backup but Lalich and Sewell missed time. Last QB to exhaust eligibility at that position at UVa.
2005 Vic Hall -- multi year starter at CB, played a little at QB
2005 Jameel Sewell -- Redshirted, started 2007 and most of 2006 and 2009. Missed 2008 due to academics.
2004 Scott Deke -- 5 years but played little, one career TD pass on a fake FG
2003 Kevin Mccabe -- played some in 2006 but quickly fell out of favor, transferred out
2003 Christian Olsen -- transferred in, started in 2006 as a senior but quickly fell out of favor.
2002 Anthony Martinez -- played a little in 2003 then transferred or quit football

Miles Gooch is the worst loving QB name I've ever heard. No wonder he changed positions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Matt Johns is the alter ego name of a superhero with a really lame power, like control over bow ties and sundresses

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Henchman of Santa posted:

Miles Gooch is the worst loving QB name I've ever heard.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
O.C. Wardlow is an UVA as hell name

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

Declan MacManus posted:

Matt Johns is the alter ego name of a superhero with a really lame power, like control over bow ties and sundresses

You could get a lot of mileage out of that at an SEC tailgate.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Groucho Marxist posted:

O.C. Wardlow is an UVA as hell name

O.C. Wardlow and Greyson Lambert go to a cocktail party.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Its cool wheez the Redskins filled the gaping void left behind by Connor Halliday with...Hutson Mason.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

In UAB news, the cost of getting dropped from CUSA is going to cost the teams still around a poo poo ton of money. The Missouri Valley Conference seems to be the "frontrunner" but joining the conference might cost up to $400,000 and a big increase of travel cost. So absolutely no money saved by dropping football at all.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
The money isn't being saved by the university, it's being saved by people who might have donated to the program.

Just another way Ray Watts likes to give back to the community

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Raku posted:

The money isn't being saved by the university, it's being saved by people who might have donated to the program.

The money is just being redirected through the communications department to try and keep Ray Watts poo poo stained image clean.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Raku posted:

The point was that the argument for football costing the university so much that it was a net loss and then them getting rid of football means that they are going to spend a poo poo ton is sad and hilarious.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

KKKLIP ART posted:

The point was that the argument for football costing the university so much that it was a net loss and then them getting rid of football means that they are going to spend a poo poo ton is sad and hilarious.

Woosh

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Long weekend filled with lots of margaritas, brain isn't working today :smith:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

What's "Big Skill"? Linebackers and tight ends? I've never seen that used before.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Derrick Henry is almost ready to go super saiyan: http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2015/05/derrick_henrys_tire_workout_video.html

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

Thoguh posted:

What's "Big Skill"? Linebackers and tight ends? I've never seen that used before.

Linebackers, runningbacks, and apparently QBs because Dak is on there. I guess they just wanted three columns. Kinda weird that a chart from last summer just got posted.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

http://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/waco-texas-biker-shootout#.awAzArnWQ

:stare:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Great o-line name though

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

quote:

Police called the shooting one of the “worst gunfights we have ever had” in the city of Waco

Well,

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

My mom and I ate at a place right by there just last week, too. I suppose I'm glad they waited a few days before going all Mad Max, if nothing else.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 02:34 on May 18, 2015

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Spiritus Nox posted:

My mom and I ate at a place right by there just last week, too. I suppose I'm glad they waited a few days before going all Mad Max, if nothing else.

Just admit you took your mom to an off-brand Hooters in Waco

Thermos H Christ fucked around with this message at 02:43 on May 18, 2015

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Thermos H Christ posted:

Just admit you took your mom to an off-brand Hooters in Waco

Nope. Rosati's pizza. Chicago style deep dish. Pretty good poo poo.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Spiritus Nox posted:

Nope. Rosati's pizza. Chicago style deep dish. Pretty good poo poo.

That's too bad. She always has a great time when we go.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Thermos H Christ posted:

*Rap air horn*

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Thermos H Christ posted:

Booo! Get off the stage! Booo!!

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
You suck at the dozens, Spiritus Nox.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Thermos H Christ posted:

The offseason is a lonely and desolate wasteland.

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)

Thermos H Christ posted:

I just burst out laughing at this whole exchange...I don't know how to feel about that.

Also,

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

*Rap air horn*

Owns

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend

Grittybeard posted:

Who's the poster who's a dual Northwestern/Purdue fan? I feel bad for that guy every year.

I am that poor bastard. Purdue, and to a slightly less extent Northwestern, football has essentially killed my love of the game one terrible season after another. I am looking at moving to the west coast where one of the many benefits is that I can watch the first half of a Purdue loss by about 10am and get on with the rest of my day.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Alternative terrible joke:

That makes sense I guess. By the time her shift gets done she's probably ready for a change of scenery.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Fortunately the bikers just shot each other rather than anyone of value.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Frackie Robinson posted:

Fortunately the bikers just shot each other rather than anyone of value.

And they managed to apprehend all the living suspects without killing any of them.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

LeeMajors posted:

And they managed to apprehend all the living suspects without killing any of them.

Wait to find out who killed the dead ones before you make that assumption.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

This is a list of those most likely to develop sleep apnea as an adult and have a difficult airway when intubating.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
N: The ACC has expressed interest in playing overseas games.

V: As the only conference academically capable of doing so, get ready for the first ever CFB game to be played entirely in the metric system, in like, France or Canada or something...

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/82048/acc-has-interest-in-overseas-games

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Scarf posted:

V: As the only conference academically capable of doing so, get ready for the first ever CFB game to be played entirely in the metric system, in like, France or Canada or something...

Canada is overseas now?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Scarf posted:

Florida is so glad they're not in the ACC right now

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Scarf posted:

Georgia Tech and Boston College were going to play in Ireland in 2016, but that ended up getting cancelled by the owner of the stadium we were supposed to play in because of something involving the exchange rate and the weak Euro making it unprofitable for them.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Thoguh posted:

Canada is overseas now?

You know what gently caress you...

:kiddo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Auburn is releasing transferred players to any school in the Big 10....except Michigan lol

hopefully this inspires a few more satellite camps

• Locked thread