Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

facebook jihad posted:

The main problem I see with that theory posted last page was that main timeline Gero saw an increase in his power readings compared to the future timeline, yet he still didn't account for SSJ with 19 and 20, and presumably 17 and 18 either. Since the timelines are the same until Trunks shows up, I don't really see how Gero can notice a difference as opposed to the future timeline without acknowledging SSJ.

Also SSJ Vegeta in the history of Trunks video is anime only, right? I know there was a HoT manga too.

The way I figured that, was that levels of power in sparring don't reach the same levels as in a real fight, that Goku was already being held down by the heart disease so his power didn't increase as much with SSJ as it might have, and that Gero didn't know what techniques or anything they were using, just that they were stronger by X% instead of Y%.

There are holes, I just think it kinda works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Mraagvpeine posted:

So if I understand right, Super Cyan is combining the God Ki boost and SSJ boost.

Correct. Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan, beyond having the best name, is what happens when a person who has mastered God Ki (in this case, Goku and Vegeta) attempts to become the first Super Saiyan stage. This gives birth to a Super Saiyan that uses God Ki, far more stable than the Super Saiyan God form (and more powerful, too!)

Whether a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 2 or 3 is possible is yet to be seen, I expect Super to show them or something similar since there's no way in hell Goku won't get more super forms.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Weird shower thought - as time goes on in DBZ, Goku retains a higher percentage of his clothes at the end of a fight.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I too think about Goku losing his clothes while in the shower.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
It's actually a terrible fantasy because you know Goku would be an awful lay.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Xibanya posted:

Eh, I'm sure if you keep feeding him he'd probably be okay.

I didn't think this would be how my day would go when I got up this morning, talking about fictional loving, but here I am.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Xibanya posted:

He certainly isn't going to pay for the damage done to your roof.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Goku would be an awful lay because he probably just pumps a few times then passes out. If Goku ever gave Chi-Chi an orgasm I'll eat my hat. Now Vegeta on the other hand...you know Bulma's not the first one to see his giant monkey. Form. His giant monkey form. And also his dick.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Oh for the love of... :cripes: I suppose next you'll talk about your favorite DB hentai for something.

... Please don't do that, that was sarcasm.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Xibanya posted:

Goku would be an awful lay because he probably just pumps a few times then passes out. If Goku ever gave Chi-Chi an orgasm I'll eat my hat. Now Vegeta on the other hand...you know Bulma's not the first one to see his giant monkey. Form. His giant monkey form. And also his dick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUdwXsDl0JM

Vegeta does tend to get his monkey beat a lot.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Goku would eat rear end. Goku loves to eat.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

dipwood posted:

A while ago, someone linked those Dragonball Dissection videos, where the series was analyzed both in terms of content, references, and information surrounding the series and how it was made. Looks like this guy is back in full swing so something to look out for: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAIt1ALOEr0
I get "Saiya-jin", and I even get why it's the technically correct pronunciation...but, man, going a whole video pronouncing it "the CYANS" makes you a total fuckin' tool.

Also he didn't even mention it, but I'm now wondering about that planet that Raditz wanted help conquering. The one that was too much for Raditz, Nappa, and Vegeta. How did that never become a video game story or something?

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Probably because pretty much everything Raditz says in regard to the Saiyans was reconnected almost immediately. But for a more in-universe answer, remember that Vegeta is not actually all that high up in Freeza's organization. All it really takes is half a dozen of Cuis to competently dominate the Saiyans. Also, there had to be a reason the Ginyu Force exists. We now that Earth is actually exceptionally weak, so it is not unreasonable that other planets have a handful of powerful mutants among their population that require Freeza's soldiers to actually put a bit of effort into their work.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

"Half a dozen Cuis" is rarer than it sounds.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Yeah, Cui and Vegeta (pre going to Earth) were only a little bit weaker than Zarbon and Dodoria, Freeza's right-hand men.

Most of the troops Freeza traveled to Namek with are taken out by Krillen and Gohan easily.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

AmiYumi posted:

I get "Saiya-jin", and I even get why it's the technically correct pronunciation...but, man, going a whole video pronouncing it "the CYANS" makes you a total fuckin' tool.

I dunno, as a non-english native speaker, hearing people applying english pronunciation to non-english names and words sounds a lot more stupid.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Yeah, Cui and Vegeta (pre going to Earth) were only a little bit weaker than Zarbon and Dodoria, Freeza's right-hand men.

Most of the troops Freeza traveled to Namek with are taken out by Krillen and Gohan easily.

Not only that, but it seems likely that even the grunts Freeza took with him to Namek would be his "elite" soldiers. At least in relation to his overall army. That he didn't care if they died, but generally reacted poorly to the likes of Zarbon, Dodoria, and the Ginyu Force getting taken out makes it all the more obvious how rare freak mutants like most of the cast are.

Hell, it looks like the new movie has goons in his army weak enough that even Roshi can take on several without much issue.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
When Raditz got Goku on the crew they were going to take him to the planet they were having trouble with an when Goku got out of his pod like 10 other guys were gonna pop out and shout "HAPPY BIRTHDAY."

Only explanation. :colbert:

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

e X posted:

Probably because pretty much everything Raditz says in regard to the Saiyans was reconnected almost immediately. But for a more in-universe answer, remember that Vegeta is not actually all that high up in Freeza's organization. All it really takes is half a dozen of Cuis to competently dominate the Saiyans. Also, there had to be a reason the Ginyu Force exists. We now that Earth is actually exceptionally weak, so it is not unreasonable that other planets have a handful of powerful mutants among their population that require Freeza's soldiers to actually put a bit of effort into their work.

Great Ape was a big trump card, Vegeta as a Great Ape on Earth had a higher power level than Captain Ginyu.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

The Ninth Layer posted:

Great Ape was a big trump card, Vegeta as a Great Ape on Earth had a higher power level than Captain Ginyu.

It's hilarious that Great Ape Raditz would still be significantly weaker than Base Vegeta.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Brony Hunter posted:

It's hilarious that Great Ape Raditz would still be significantly weaker than Base Vegeta.

It's because of how the Oozaru's Blutz waves interact with Raditz's naturally produced Chump Waves.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Yeah, I'm pretty sure pecking order goes Cold at the top, then Frieza, then the Ginyus, then Zarbon and Dodoria, then Cui and Vegeta, and then Appules and Raspberries all the way at the bottom.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You can fit in Nappa between Vegeta and the Fruits. But Raditz, uh...

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

AmiYumi posted:

Also he didn't even mention it, but I'm now wondering about that planet that Raditz wanted help conquering. The one that was too much for Raditz, Nappa, and Vegeta. How did that never become a video game story or something?

The plot of the new movie is that they are resurrecting Freeza strictly because they are losing planets due to revolts, and need someone strong enough to actually stop that, leading their forces.

Earth was kind of a weak planet, and it still had Goku/Krillen/Tenshinhan, etc. that were probably mid-low level average Freeza soldier level. Think about how Namek had Nail, who could curbstomp anyone on Earth, and Vegeta/Radditz/Nappa, and apply a guy or two like that on different planets.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

The Bee posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure pecking order goes Cold at the top, then Frieza, then the Ginyus, then Zarbon and Dodoria, then Cui and Vegeta, and then Appules and Raspberries all the way at the bottom.

I hate this more than I should but the whole "most powerful being in the universe except for my dad lol" is really dumb and I mentally block it out at every opportunity. I kinda can't believe it's a thing.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Except for my dad and that Majin Buu guy that my dad told me about

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Cold isn't stronger than Freiza

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Kild posted:

Prove it. :colbert:

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Kild posted:

New Leaf posted:

quote:

Although King Cold never actually engages in a proper fight in either the manga or anime, his power level is mentioned several times. In the manga, Gohan, Krillin and Tien Shinhan acknowledge a "huge ki just like Frieza's" (though Mecha Frieza was suppressed at the time of this statement, and none of the three had ever sense Frieza's ki at more than 50% in the manga; though in the anime Gohan did briefly meet Frieza at 100% Power). In the FUNimation dub of the anime, the narrator seems to doubt that Future Trunks can take on King Cold by himself (despite Future Trunks having effortlessly defeated Frieza moments before). In the original Japanese version and the English dub of Dragon Ball Kai, Tien and Vegeta reference King Cold as being even more powerful than Frieza. The video game Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 states that "Officially, King Cold's strength is greater than Frieza or Cooler's". Despite his supposed strength, King Cold is never given the opportunity to showcase his power (outside of the videogames) and like his son, is easily dispatched by Super Saiyan Future Trunks.

Daizenshuu 7 states in King Cold's bio that he is "somewhat inferior" to Frieza. Cold says nothing while Frieza brags about being the strongest in the universe and he calls Future Trunks the strongest in the universe after the latter defeats Frieza, implying that Frieza is actually stronger than him. It was also stated by Naho Ooishi in an interview for Resurrection ‘F’ that even though the rest of Frieza's family are strong, Frieza's power has always been in a completely different league from them, and that he alone is the only one who possess this level of power.

Officially... it's a mess. He might be, he might not. He still went out like a chump to Trunks so he probably isn't on Trunks' level no matter what his strength was.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

New Leaf posted:

There's a whole new movie putting that to rest. But in the past, it's true if Cold doesn't have another form.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Xibanya posted:

:gizz:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Cooler is stronger than frieza,

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

New Leaf posted:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Cold was shown in Frieza's first transformation and people were remarking that he was as strong or stronger than Frieza. He could have transformed like in DBM, who knows. It can't be proven. ;)

That said, I'd LOVE for them to animate the fight if Trunks had never shown up- just them holding on until Goku showed up. Nobody would have died from what Trunks indicated, so it must have been interesting. I wonder if that's where Vegeta from Trunks' timeline went Super?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

New Leaf posted:

Cold was shown in Frieza's first transformation and people were remarking that he was as strong or stronger than Frieza. He could have transformed like in DBM, who knows. It can't be proven. ;)

That said, I'd LOVE for them to animate the fight if Trunks had never shown up- just them holding on until Goku showed up. Nobody would have died from what Trunks indicated, so it must have been interesting. I wonder if that's where Vegeta from Trunks' timeline went Super?

I think the idea is that Goku teleported there, but since he sensed Trunks he didn't bother?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

New Leaf posted:

Nope. Goku just teleports to earth while his spaceship is busy in orbit.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Szmitten posted:

I hate this more than I should but the whole "most powerful being in the universe except for my dad lol" is really dumb and I mentally block it out at every opportunity. I kinda can't believe it's a thing.
From what I understand that's because people convinced Toriyama to extend the series beyond the Frieza saga. Probably using bags of cash to do so. I also feel like just after Namek blows up is the exact moment when he stopped caring for the series the same way he used to. I mean the Cell saga is fun but has none of the world building and adventuring that the series used to have and is overally a drop in quality in every way (even though it is still very good).

Personally? I mentally block out everything that happens after Namek explodes, and pretend that it's the end of the series. I mean, Goku surviving an exploding planet and then handily learning instant universe-distance teleportation just in time to plop up back at earth? Really? Really?? Anyway, that point is in fact a perfect end to the series as well - literally every plot thread and character development has been neatly tied up and the series really would have gone out with a bang (rather than a buuwhimper) if it ended there.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 17:50 on May 18, 2015

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Bisse posted:

From what I understand that's because people convinced Toriyama to extend the series beyond the Frieza saga. Probably using bags of cash to do so. I also feel like just after Namek blows up is the exact moment when he stopped caring for the series the same way he used to. I mean the Cell saga is fun but has none of the world building and adventuring that the series used to have and is overally a drop in quality in every way (even though it is still very good).

Personally? I mentally block out everything that happens after Namek explodes, and pretend that it's the end of the series. I mean, Goku surviving an exploding planet and then handily learning instant universe-distance teleportation just in time to plop up back at earth? Really? Really??

lol this poo poo again

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Bisse posted:

Personally? I mentally block out everything that happens after Namek explodes, and pretend that it's the end of the series. I mean, Goku surviving an exploding planet and then handily learning instant universe-distance teleportation just in time to plop up back at earth? Really? Really??

No such thing happened. Toriyama was already planning on continuing it past Freeza, and he was certainly still caring about the series.

More info here: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/intended-end/freeza/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Bisse posted:

Personally? I mentally block out everything that happens after Namek explodes, and pretend that it's the end of the series. I mean, Goku surviving an exploding planet and then handily learning instant universe-distance teleportation just in time to plop up back at earth? Really? Really?? Anyway, that point is in fact a perfect end to the series as well - literally every plot thread and character development has been neatly tied up and the series really would have gone out with a bang (rather than a buuwhimper) if it ended there.

Wrong

• Locked thread