Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Kilonum posted:

mumble, and the server info:
Server: mumble.goonrathi.com
Port: 64738
password: mellon

Set a loving push to talk button or get yelled at by spergs.

I don't use push to talk but I've also got it set up so it (hopefully, mostly) doesn't catch extra sounds like my fat rear end wheezing etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Willow Springs is deceptively punishing.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Combat Pretzel posted:

I don't know. Never cared enough to look at setups from within the lobby, because usually it works out well enough. Save some hiccups like this.

If all else fails, throw slicks/not-rain tires on for any dry weather, and if the race allows pits, change 'em to rain tires if it starts raining. Probably a real good chance you're getting consistent weather/track conditions, so don't worry on pitting.

holocaust bloopers posted:

Willow Springs is deceptively punishing.

Thief Mile, I'm looking at you.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Kilonum posted:

Set a loving push to talk button or get yelled at by spergs.

or set it well enough that we dont hear your breathing but tia!!!

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

widespread posted:

If all else fails, throw slicks/not-rain tires on for any dry weather, and if the race allows pits, change 'em to rain tires if it starts raining. Probably a real good chance you're getting consistent weather/track conditions, so don't worry on pitting.
Game's really inconsistent. In the lobby before the game started, I specifically changed the setup to medium slicks on my GT3 car, saved it to ALL circuits, and when the game started, I had to pit and checked things, it was again set to auto.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
^^^ It doesn't matter how or when I set them up, anytime I pit they default to auto. ^^^

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I'm an idiot baby dork and bought this game on impulse.

I like cars :ohdear:

Nothing wrong with impulse buying this if you like cars. It's a fun game.

Kinda wish it had more cars though.

Essobie
Jan 31, 2003

WHAT? THIS IS MY REGULAR SPEAKING VOICE.
Is this better?

I want to draw attention to the lap number, time in race, and/or the description of the video, in case you guys are only fixating on the fact that there was a glitch for this particular sim racer.

bUm
Jan 11, 2011

Kilonum posted:

Set a loving push to talk button or get yelled at by spergs rational voice chat users for the past decade+.
FTFY.

I guess it's a little different for a racing game where a push to talk can be a bit more difficult, but still.

widespread posted:

My question is, why are you letting the game decide on what tires you need. From my understanding, it's really best to just set the tires manually, as I said before.
Because he, like many, probably assume that it will only give you rain tires if it's actively raining because that's exactly what you would think it would do when it says it sets them according to weather conditions.

I also had this issue last night: was driving my BAC Mono for an invitational and couldn't figure out why during a 12 minute light clouds/foggy practice I not only couldn't come close to keeping up with AI, was losing traction all over the place, and my tires literally would not warm up (even after ten laps they were still solid blue). Mucked with settings for a bit trying to make it more manageable while getting confused because it'd been fine the previous event in the invitational before thinking that it was giving me the wrong tires. Sure enough: changed them and had all the grip.

On a related note: it should totally give you a weather forecast so you know what's coming. Modern race teams keep a close eye on the weather if it's going to be a factor and it seems pretty awful to have no idea and just have to roll the dice on tire choice based on current conditions.

Also on a related note: I wish the tire types were more clear. Many of them mention clearly whether they're Soft/Slick/Rain, but I think it was the invitational with the old school BMW race car that the tire names were in German and I had no clue what was what. Realism is great, but not clarifying foreign languages is not so great.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yes a weather forecast or a "Hey we're seeing rain approaching in the radar." a lap or two out would be tremendous.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'd like a simple countdown from 3 to zero when unpausing in single player.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

Yes a weather forecast or a "Hey we're seeing rain approaching in the radar." a lap or two out would be tremendous.

The latter does happen (in the 1% of the time where your spotter actually talks)

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

bUm posted:

Because he, like many, probably assume that it will only give you rain tires if it's actively raining because that's exactly what you would think it would do when it says it sets them according to weather conditions.

Combat Pretzel posted:

Game's really inconsistent. In the lobby before the game started, I specifically changed the setup to medium slicks on my GT3 car, saved it to ALL circuits, and when the game started, I had to pit and checked things, it was again set to auto.

Hm. I'm not sure what it could be, but I recently learned that- at least with controllers- you could just press A after tuning everything to your likes to go back to the menu before the race. I'll try it real quick to see if it does automatically switch to automatic tires.

EDIT: Semi-conclusive result in saving the different tire styles. If we're talking switching them in pits, then just save the settings under a name. Other than that, yeah, keep off automatic and save every pit.

widespread fucked around with this message at 23:27 on May 17, 2015

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

bUm posted:

FTFY.

I guess it's a little different for a racing game where a push to talk can be a bit more difficult, but still.

I'm going to disagree with you here. Console gamers rarely have push to talk enabled and with a game requiring focus like this it's a bit much.

Keeping the mic away from your face so you're not broadcasting your breathing to the world should be enough.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I'm scared to race with goons because I'm terrible and run into people even when I'm trying real hard not to and don't want to piss goons off.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rad Valtar posted:

I'm scared to race with goons because I'm terrible and run into people even when I'm trying real hard not to and don't want to piss goons off.

I'm gonna spill a closely guarded secret about goons in racing games: we all bump into each other. :v:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Rad Valtar posted:

As long as you aren't doing just the most blatantly stupid poo poo imaginable, I doubt anyone would really care.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:

Rad Valtar posted:

The path to victory...involves bumps and nudges. Just close your eyes when it happens then you don't feel bad.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Yeah we run into each other constantly that's why it's so fun. I mean, not on purpose, usually, but just because we're terrible drivers.

Kaddion
Jan 12, 2008

My gosh, you're right Sam! THE GORILLA SHOULD BE DRIVING!
Reminder that this video is what racing with goons is like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-7MQVZQ4_E

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Well if that's the case I'm in for some action on ps4. My PSN is RadValtar, I don't see many of my current friends playing this game.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Its good to know this dosent only happen in Forza http://i.imgur.com/OrapngD.gifv

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
So all these invitations I'm getting in my career do I have to do anything or will they just show up on the calendar?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HfkYBFx8g0

It's terrible quality, and just music, and I'm a bad driver, but it does illustrate me driving :v:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

MisterZimbu posted:

The latter does happen (in the 1% of the time where your spotter actually talks)

The only times (twice) I had that happen, the guy told me we'd be expecting rain soon, and it had been torrentially down pouring for a solid 3 minutes already.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Bumping into each other is practically unavoidable. Rear mirrors are only so useful, the camera perspective gives a false sense of space and everyone cuts you off, anyway. Plus the game doesn't have nearly enough blue flags (--edit: assuming they wouldn't get ignored to begin with).

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 11:45 on May 18, 2015

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!

Rad Valtar posted:

As long as your not going out of your way to ram people you will be fine.

And just remember:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEPwDIGWYug

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
My friends brother in law also bought this game and he thought he had to wait until the specific date on the calendar to race.
:derp:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

At least when you wreck friends you can apologize and they might actually think you mean it. They might even laugh about it.

Randoms? They're gonna treat you to 10 minutes of gory details the ways they're going to defile your rear end in a top hat.

advion
Jul 25, 2005

Rad Valtar posted:

So all these invitations I'm getting in my career do I have to do anything or will they just show up on the calendar?

From what I remember in the dev builds they show up on your calendar.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Rad Valtar posted:

They'll just show up. Once you clear an event your calendar takes you to the next event you're eligible for. So if an invitational is halfway through a regular season of whatever, it'll just be the next event it shows you once it's time, with the option to skip it.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Bigsteve posted:

i thought this movie was bad but it looks amazing

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
It's both.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Its biggest failing is overuse of stock or b-roll footage, the racing they show you never really matches what's going on. It's a product of its time.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp-KRcEpQEM

video of man with huge carbon fiber testicles

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Bigsteve posted:

That video clip is pretty much goonracing.avi

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

ethanol posted:

i thought this movie was bad but it looks amazing

Its one of the best racing films known to man. Simultaneously the worst. Entertaining for sure.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

orange juche posted:

That video clip is pretty much goonracing.avi

I'm tom cruise getting out of his car mid race to punch his crew chief because he told me to pit to replace my lights, and I went in and pitted and he didn't replace my lights and I have to do two laps of the nürburgring in the dark.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

actually im tom cruise and every other goon is michael rooker

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Its one of the best racing films known to man. Simultaneously the worst. Entertaining for sure.

It's no Stroker Ace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

The guy doing the banned word testing is john c reily in talladega nights

• Locked thread