Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

boom boom boom posted:

Fitz is so cool. I hated his stupid pointless rear end in the first season but by the end of season 2 he was a great chracter. Simmons did not become a good character but the at least gave her the gimmicks of being a really good deep cover spy for some reason.

Simmons became a person I disliked, but a good character. I'm uncomfortable with her character development in a good way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I thought Simmons started becoming more interesting this season with her increasingly murderous intentions. Notice how eagerly she recommended just killing Cal when he hulked out. I'm hoping her latest experience just exacerbates that and that metaphobic trigger-happy Simmons is pro-reg next year.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I think Simmons' most interesting development is an anti-powers mindset. In a field increasingly filled with gifted individuals, it'll be interesting to see how she adapt.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Its interesting how by driving FitzSimmons apart they were forced to become more individualistic, and they both became completely opposite people. She now ready to kill anything or anyone that doesn't fit into her worldview, and Fitz just wants everyone to get along and be friends.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Finally caught up on the season finale. That was something alright. I dare say those 2 hours were far more edge of my seat entertaining than AoU.

And those last 5 seconds had me screaming at the TV. Very Hellraiser-ish creepy. So they kept calling that thing a "stone" which gave me an idea. What if it is a moonstone? :ohdear: Don't know enough about the character to know if it would fit well.

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006

Cocks Cable posted:

Finally caught up on the season finale. That was something alright. I dare say those 2 hours were far more edge of my seat entertaining than AoU.

And those last 5 seconds had me screaming at the TV. Very Hellraiser-ish creepy. So they kept calling that thing a "stone" which gave me an idea. What if it is a moonstone? :ohdear: Don't know enough about the character to know if it would fit well.

Simmons is gonna evolve into a Clefable?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Metropolis posted:

If anything, the stone will spit her back out and she'll end up becoming Nurse Joy.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Sammus posted:

Its interesting how by driving FitzSimmons apart they were forced to become more individualistic, and they both became completely opposite people. She now ready to kill anything or anyone that doesn't fit into her worldview, and Fitz just wants everyone to get along and be friends.

Not sure I agree. She came to accept Skye for what she is.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

enraged_camel posted:

Not sure I agree. She came to accept Skye for what she is.

Literally when did that happen?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Gonz posted:

If anything, the stone will spit her back out and she'll end up becoming Nurse Joy.

Elizabeth Henstridge believes Simmons has been transported somewhere by the stone. Watch Season 3 start and she's out in the cosmic realm working as like Thanos' secretary or something. Hell, just start every season from now on with Simmons randomly working for an enemy faction.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I think some of you are exaggerating Simmons' views, she was upset about Triplett dying, and that made her afraid of what the Kree technology did to people, and she reacted poorly. While at the same time Skye was feeling nervous about the changes that happened to her, and how the others would react.
I can't remember if she outright said something, but I got the impression that she was okay with Skye and the idea of powered people during the finale.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Keep in mind that Simmons wanted to study the artifact but Mack won't allow it. So she's clearly not completely against alien tech. She's approaching it on a case-by-case scenario. Simmons is emulating Stark in a way; basically, she sees potential for good in all technology and only reacts negatively if she thinks it can harm others. Iirc, she wanted to try and synthesize the Kree blood for medical purposes. Didn't she (or Fitzsimmons?) also invent the icer guns, too?

Her reaction to Skye after the transformation is colored by Trip's death and all the other poo poo that went down. She bounces back towards the middle as she learns more about Inhumans.

vvv I don't think she's as rigid as that

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 08:46 on May 18, 2015

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Nah Simmons was deffo on the genocidal end of the spectrum. Racism against Kree is still racism and Simmons was the most virulent anti-Kree, anti-Inhuman voice of the main cast.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

She was worse than most of the cast but way better than ReelSHIELD.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

yeah that's why I said Main Cast.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

DoctorWhat posted:

yeah that's why I said Main Cast.

I wouldn't be surprised if May's in a roughly similar place as Jemma. She fell in line with ReelSheeld and their dogma pretty quickly. That was mostly about feeling betrayed by Coulson, but she wouldn't have joined up with Gonzales' faction so readily if she was against his anti-powered policy.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Metropolis posted:

If that's how stone evolution works, I don't think I wanna play any more.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
Keep in mind, Jemma also saw Urchin-Raina kill a whole bunch of SHIELD agents and that's with one of the crappiest (physical) power sets (that they knew of at the time).

She probably just keeps the fear alive by imagining what a horror Ward would be if he were powered.

Oh no I hope he doesn't take fish oil supplements!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The Red Queen posted:

Keep in mind, Jemma also saw Urchin-Raina kill a whole bunch of SHIELD agents and that's with one of the crappiest (physical) power sets (that they knew of at the time).

She probably just keeps the fear alive by imagining what a horror Ward would be if he were powered.

I know they can't use the character because he was a Mutant, but there was a guy in the comic District X whose Mutant power was emitting an unpleasant odor when angry or frightened.

They should give that power to Ward.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

The Red Queen posted:

I hope he does and the series finale is him vs Skye in some kind of Man of Steel-style thunderdome showdown. :gaz:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

DoctorWhat posted:

Literally when did that happen?

IIRC, it's when they're all in that room, having a big argument about it, and Skye comes in, finding out how Jemma feels. Later, Skye confronts her about it, and Jemma says, and I'm paraphrasing here, "Not you. You don't count. You're a friend.".

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

Kheldarn posted:

IIRC, it's when they're all in that room, having a big argument about it, and Skye comes in, finding out how Jemma feels. Later, Skye confronts her about it, and Jemma says, and I'm paraphrasing here, "Not you. You don't count. You're a friend.".

I'm not racist, I have Inhuman friends!

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Kheldarn posted:

As far as I'm concerned Jemma still feels (or felt, prior to being dragged screaming into a hellish Kree nightmare) that she could "fix" her. She still has a deep distrust-bordering-on-hate of powered people, but overcame her cognitive dissonance with Skye by writing her off as "still good, pending fix."

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jemma is coming back as a maniacal Inhuman hunter... season 3 badguy.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Jemma was also fairly close with ice-boy's evolution and his subsequent descent into crazytown.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Season 3 opens with Chris Pratt as Star-Lord going into some alien shop...and it's Simmons behind the counter!

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

ashpanash posted:

Season 3 opens with Chris Pratt as Star-Lord going into some alien shop...and it's Simmons behind the counter!

I want this so bad.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Simmons turning out to be fine and having adapted to wherever the stone sent her really would be the best.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

ashpanash posted:

Season 3 opens with Chris Pratt as Star-Lord Bradley Cooper as Rocket going into some alien shop...and it's Simmons behind the counter!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Slashrat posted:

Simmons turning out to be fine and having adapted to wherever the stone sent her really would be the best.

The Getting Coffee and going to work chipperly cold open of Season 2 only it's a Kree warship headed for earth.

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
My favorite theory that I have read is that Simmons returns with a dog and a little while later Starlord shows up looking for Knowhere's head of security.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

ashpanash posted:

Frozen in carbonite and that's why Star-Lord just has to have her.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Also Simmons almost died/killed everyone when she was infected with an alien virus. She really doesn't have a good history with supernatural stuff. Still, a cold opening of her eating a space burrito and drinking a space latte would be hilarious.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

PunkBoy posted:

Also Simmons almost died/killed everyone when she was infected with an alien virus. She really doesn't have a good history with supernatural stuff. Still, a cold opening of her eating a space burrito and drinking a space latte would be hilarious.

Ward cockblocking Fitz with the save was awesome

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

http://io9.com/disney-may-be-thinking-about-marvel-and-star-wars-tv-ch-1705215100

There may eventually be a Marvel "channel" - though we'd probably consider it a streaming service in today's parlance.

Or, I guess, Disney could just gradually turn ABC into a Star Wars/Marvel channel, which I'm kind of surprised they're not doing.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Using Marvel's full TV/Movie catalog, I think there's a chance it could actually support a channel, Star Wars not as much.

It would probably just turn into the Incredible Hulk and X-men Animated series channel though.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Teek posted:

Using Marvel's full TV/Movie catalog, I think there's a chance it could actually support a channel, Star Wars not as much.

It would probably just turn into the Incredible Hulk and X-men Animated series channel though.

Their best bet would be to just double down with Netflix and launch a Netflix-powered, Disney-owned sub service.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Just caught up with this and my only reaction is pretty much incoherent screaming noises.

Simmons noooooo

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Actually, since this is a Whedon show, I predict that Simmons indeed dies horribly. Fitz goes mad with grief and tries to destroy the world. He is stopped by Mack giving him a hug.
Best story ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
It's not that Whedon's show, though.

• Locked thread