Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm going to be unhappy if it's still down on Monday night and Witcher 3 requires it.

edit: it's already downloaded though, since mysteriously the remote download feature works fine.

Some people confirmed a few pages back that they were able to play preloaded versions of Bloodborne & some other games the moment they unlocked without being connected to the internet at all, so unless Witcher 3 is some weird exception you should be straight either way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It would be a great incentive to me to buying games digitally if Sony would find a way to let you download the latest version rather than downloading the game and then also having to download a 5+ gig patch.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
So I finally got a chance to play Trials. It is gorgeous and also I really should apologize to my biker for his broken spine and everything else.

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006

precision posted:

It would be a great incentive to me to buying games digitally if Sony would find a way to let you download the latest version rather than downloading the game and then also having to download a 5+ gig patch.

What's the difference? The patch would finish long before the game anyway.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
It seems like they are ddosing login serves at certain times, hence some people complaining and some being like hey um I've been on all weekend.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Herr Direktor posted:

What's the difference? The patch would finish long before the game anyway.

Downloading 5gb twice is silly, if you buy the disc you don't spend hours downloading and patching (just patching :v:).

It'd probably be a logistical nightmare to have file servers on the scale of PSN keep the latest file version uploaded while also offering the patch for those that need it, the way it is now blows but it means they never have to touch the release version and just upload patches instead.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

So long as it never works like PS3 used to. I bought LittleBigPlanet 2 on the flash sale, and it has something like 21 patches it needs to download and install to get to the latest release. I suspect it's partly the game not supporting a sensible method of patching.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

shmee posted:

So long as it never works like PS3 used to. I bought LittleBigPlanet 2 on the flash sale, and it has something like 21 patches it needs to download and install to get to the latest release. I suspect it's partly the game not supporting a sensible method of patching.

that and all the DLC that was released for it

and the cross-play stuff with the vita version

and all the hotfixes

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wow Trails is broken as gently caress. This is unplayable. What happened to this series?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

SectumSempra posted:

It seems like they are ddosing login serves at certain times, hence some people complaining and some being like hey um I've been on all weekend.

It's been affecting me mildly all weekend, I just attempt to login on my game of choice a few times and it'll succeed eventually. It's not as bad as the last time PSN had a major outage.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

shmee posted:

In my opinion a lot of the issue comes down to how slow the PS3 is. I would kill for a new version of the PS3 that has like 1GB of RAM and the same CPU but faster, but all that extra power is used for is for making the system faster to use. Even if it had no effect on games themselves. I don't like turning my PS3 on anymore because I know it's going to be a chore to use. I had no idea how bad the system was until I got the PS4.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

NESguerilla posted:

Wow Trails is broken as gently caress. This is unplayable. What happened to this series?

Care to elaborate?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

NESguerilla posted:

You meant to write Trials, right? I didn't play the previous games but I didn't run into anything in this one that made me think they had hosed something up major.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

do we have to go through this every time with this guy

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

^^^ oh gently caress off you stalker.

Feenix posted:

Care to elaborate?

Ubisoft server thing keeps popping up in the middle of tracks. The sticks stop working. I have to reboot every few tracks or everything goes bonkers. I might need to reinstall it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
My only Trials PS4 complaint is it doesn't perform as great as a simple (technically speaking) game should. Screen tearing and poo poo.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Rocket League is great. Is there a thread up for it ?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

NESguerilla posted:

^^^ oh gently caress off you stalker.

In all fairness, you do whine a lot. Like, a whole lot. Like, "Class ChibiSoma" a lot.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

also cmon you cant have that ... avatar forever and not expect it to get noticed

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Morby posted:

So I finally got a chance to play Trials. It is gorgeous and also I really should apologize to my biker for his broken spine and everything else.

Favorite thing about Trials is how much abuse they throw at the rider. One of the games had a thing where you launched him off a ramp and got scored on how many bones he broke. Complete with crunching sound effects, of course.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm not paying 5 bux for a new one. Red title or bust.

And if the internet isn't a place for whining I don't know what is. I prefer constructive criticism.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Rocket League is great. Is there a thread up for it ?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3718089

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

NESguerilla posted:

Ubisoft server thing keeps popping up in the middle of tracks. The sticks stop working. I have to reboot every few tracks or everything goes bonkers. I might need to reinstall it.

I have been playing the game since launch and have logged more hours in it than anything else on my PS4 except possibly Resogun and honestly I have no idea what you're talking about. Admittedly I haven't played it since the most recent content patch came out last week and maybe that hosed some things up? But I've only ever had it bug me about Ubisoft server poo poo at startup and the sticks have certainly never stopped working and there's a pretty active Trials thread here where nobody's ever mentioned that problem so yeah I guess try reinstalling.... even back at launch when the game was less stable & the multiplayer features were mostly barren/nonexistent I never heard about anyone having problems like that

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Almost didn’t have any downtime either. But I think it may have to do with me playing in the EU - we didn’t really get an awesome flash sale like the US.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is there a way to record more then one minute of gameplay footage? I swear to god at one point the PS4 could do up to 15 minutes, did I imagine this?

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Is there a way to record more then one minute of gameplay footage? I swear to god at one point the PS4 could do up to 15 minutes, did I imagine this?

how much space is available? because it can.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Attitude Indicator posted:

how much space is available? because it can.

218GB on my HDD. Is there a setting? I couldn't find it. :(

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I thought any time video and image recording was going to be the most awesome thing ever back before the PS4 came out, but for various design and technical reasons I never ended up using it much. The only time I ever push the share button is when I forget it's not a select button.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

I thought any time video and image recording was going to be the most awesome thing ever back before the PS4 came out, but for various design and technical reasons I never ended up using it much.

It does end up being better to just buy a capture device but those are crazy expensive. I wish Twitch archived your gameplay footage for PS4. That would solve this problem. That was actually suppose to come in a software update for PS4, but the last time I heard anything about it was early 2014.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

I said come in! posted:

218GB on my HDD. Is there a setting? I couldn't find it. :(

I think the setting is somewhere in the Share menu (hold the share button?). 15 minutes is the default. You can change it to 10 and 5. IIRC they said that Twitch archiving was coming but you know.

What game is it by the way? I think games that were released before 1.75 or somewhere around that had an SDK bug where the recording was broken.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Samurai Sanders posted:

The only time I ever push the share button is when I forget it's not a select button.

I do this with every single game at least once. There's always that moment when you try every button to work out the controls and it boots you to that stupid share menu.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Steve2911 posted:

I do this with every single game at least once. There's always that moment when you try every button to work out the controls and it boots you to that stupid share menu.
I have mine configured so just pushing the button takes a screenshot, and you have to hold it to go to the share menu.

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

I said come in! posted:

It does end up being better to just buy a capture device but those are crazy expensive. I wish Twitch archived your gameplay footage for PS4. That would solve this problem. That was actually suppose to come in a software update for PS4, but the last time I heard anything about it was early 2014.

Twitch does archive though?
Maybe you didn't turn archiving on in your twitch control panel?

edit: it stays up for ~4weeks- enough time to download/export to youtube if you want

Dr Sun Try fucked around with this message at 09:26 on May 18, 2015

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

I said come in! posted:

It got added, it just doesnt work 99% of the time and I assume it's a twitch issue more than Sony given how poo poo Twitch's third party stuff seems to always be

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Yeah archiving isn't on by default but it's there. Another benefit is that streaming your gameplay actually records your party as well, unlike the share button (it can pick up ingame voice chat but not party chat).

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
I have archiving enabled and it's worked a total of once with the PS4.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Share settings -> Change capture time from 1m to 15m.

I think you press the Share button once with the awful default config - hold if you’ve set it to the right one.

To capture the last x minutes, you just go to the Share setting (hold Share) and press Square to save the last x minutes.

Still a total pain to do, especially if you’re playing a game where it’s hard to find time to pause, but fortunately Rocket League is pretty great for this, at least when it comes to capturing goals.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Morby posted:

Join us in the Trials thread! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3623981

goferchan posted:

I have been playing the game since launch and have logged more hours in it than anything else on my PS4 except possibly Resogun and honestly I have no idea what you're talking about. Admittedly I haven't played it since the most recent content patch came out last week and maybe that hosed some things up? But I've only ever had it bug me about Ubisoft server poo poo at startup and the sticks have certainly never stopped working and there's a pretty active Trials thread here where nobody's ever mentioned that problem so yeah I guess try reinstalling.... even back at launch when the game was less stable & the multiplayer features were mostly barren/nonexistent I never heard about anyone having problems like that

I've not noticed any problems, at the least. Trials Fusion is unambiguously, by far and away, the game I've played most on my PS4. With the very active track-building community it has, I generally play every day, just to keep up with that stuff.

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

2006... YEAR OF THE BURNITZ, BITCHES
So Life is Strange episode 3 is coming out tomorrow. That's a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
I feel like a low-rent MacGyver this morning, having broken and then fixed the hinge of my PS Gold headset right before the Witcher comes out.

Protip: If your hinge breaks (and it probably will eventually), go get a steel brace for carpentry at a home improvement store about 3 inches by one inch for a buck or two. Bang it into a slightly curved shape with a hammer and then duct-tape the bejesus out of it on the inside of the headphones. It doesn't fold up anymore but it fits perfectly again.

• Locked thread