Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

The 2 cities in Michigan have significant Arab populations.

:lol:

Makes sense. Why waste the resources on a terror attack when you can instead merely threaten one and maybe achieve the same desired results: Get your enemy to crack down on people you've identified as potential allies without lifting a finger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

bitcoin bastard posted:

I can kinda see the logic behind it. Small town America, you're not safe either, etc.

That's what people have been saying since 9/11, "If I were a terrorist, I'd hit the Polecat County Squash Festival to show that anyone can be a target."
But really, if a group actually gets the manpower, equipment, and planning to make a major hit they're not going to waste it on 5 people in a state that most Americans forgot existed. Maximum casualties, maximum exposure. And it's not like the people of Polecat County don't currently think that Al Qaeda, ISIS, Iran, and Saddam Hussein are planning to bomb them anyway.

In my opinion, this is connected with ISIS taking responsibility for the Texas fiasco. They're currently incapable of mounting any major operations in the US so they yell BOO a lot and hope we panic.

I mean, for pete's sake this is how they "hacked" the internet to get that list of military personnel targets:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
theres a buncha cities on that list that definitely need to be completely destroyed IMHO

good for them for coming out and admitting what everyone else wont

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
they dont want the cities destroyed they want attacks on military personnel there

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
isis attacks by burning dog poo poo on some old dudes doorstep

elite_garbage_man fucked around with this message at 22:00 on May 14, 2015

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

they dont want the cities destroyed they want attacks on military personnel there

Maybe they got swindled by the car dealerships just outside those posts. I can see why they'd be pissed.

somewhatpathetic
Oct 21, 2012

Booblord Zagats posted:

also, lollin at Reno

How original, ISIS.

somewhatpathetic fucked around with this message at 22:09 on May 14, 2015

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

i stand by my statement

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

The 2 cities in Michigan have significant Arab populations.

:lol:

Same with Orland Park in IL.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Minot ND, what a shithole

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I figured take down Orland Park because it's packed to the gills with snooty white people and has a huge ugly shopping mall. Maybe ISIS hates the traffic on LaGrange as much as I do. :jihad:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure the only military target in Carlsbad is maybe the gas station.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Larry Parrish posted:

I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure the only military target in Carlsbad is maybe the gas station.

The drunk marines who invade from Pendelton every weekend.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Nobody tell ISIS the most effective target in Monterey is the card shop in town that has the Magic tournaments.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

lolol New Bern is on the list? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Complete waste of time when there are 2 Marine Corps bases within 30 minutes and one of the deepest ports on the east coast 45 minutes away.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chinatown posted:

The drunk marines who invade from Pendelton every weekend.

I was thinking of a different Carlsbad because I'm retarded.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

Carteret posted:

lolol New Bern is on the list? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Complete waste of time when there are 2 Marine Corps bases within 30 minutes and one of the deepest ports on the east coast 45 minutes away.

i was rather pleased to see fayetteville made the grade; that place needs a reboot from god

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
To be fair Fayetteville could use a restart ...

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Why won't they pull a Washington sniper? Terrorize wal mart parking lots. Drive away and hit other random towns with several teams across the country. That will cause more panic. Not knowing when they will hit next.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Bolow posted:

Wow not even loving ISIS wants anything to do with Florida

gently caress you man. The great metropolitan area of Merrit Island is on that list.

Which is great since they have to pass Patrick AFB to get to and miss Cape Canaveral Air Station, a Coast Guard dock (might not be there anymore but I think it is) and the Kennedy Space Center. All three which boarder the north end of MI.

Oh and that cruise terminal thing that is like... One of the most trafficked in the states...

Do they make decisions based on drunken dart nights? Because at least the :ussr: knew to take out the cape.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 17:19 on May 16, 2015

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Here's there Florida list:
Merritt Island, Palm Coast, Saint John, Middleburg, Saint Augustine

Merritt Island is near Cape Canaveral/Patrick AFB, so I kind of understand that one.

Palm Coast, St Johns, and Middleburg are outside of Jacksonville, but a long way from the naval station. The latter two are podunk towns somewhat close to the St Johns River.

St. Augustine is likewise near but not in Jax. The old section has some great restaurants and bed & breakfasts. No military value.

Basically, ISIS is just trolling rednecks and beach bums.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Derek Dominoe posted:

St. Augustine is likewise near but not in Jax. The old section has some great restaurants and bed & breakfasts. No military value.

Hey now, those muskets could hurt.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Derek Dominoe posted:

Here's there Florida list:
Merritt Island, Palm Coast, Saint John, Middleburg, Saint Augustine

Merritt Island is near Cape Canaveral/Patrick AFB, so I kind of understand that one.

Palm Coast, St Johns, and Middleburg are outside of Jacksonville, but a long way from the naval station. The latter two are podunk towns somewhat close to the St Johns River.

Basically, ISIS is just trolling rednecks and beach bums.

are you telling me a bunch of religious lunatics are kinda dumb? :magical:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Phanatic posted:

ISIS has apparently released a list of the US cities it's intending to destroy.

I don't know why Newbury Park is on the list. If they're willing to drive 45 minutes south they can hit Los Angeles. It's not even the host to any military bases. Those would be NBVC Port Hueneme and NBVC Point Magu. And a Coast Guard station in Oxnard.

Frankly I feel insulted.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Dibs on redhead.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
Before anyone says wtf that's (apparently) from a Tops in Blue rehearsal.

Why they're in PT gear I have no loving idea, makes about as much sense as anything else those no-talent rear end clowns do.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

So I guess there is something more irrelevant than airborne.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
the usaf has some of the coolest technology in the country AND nukes

so they built a fuckin glee club unit

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Woah now you just hang on there a second mister

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

krispykremessuck posted:

the usaf has some of the coolest technology in the country AND nukes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tops_In_Blue

quote:

The ensemble is composed of 35 vocalists, dancers, musicians and technicians[7] and is considered the Air Force's expeditionary entertainment unit.[8] Performers are expected to be in top physical condition because they are their own roadies.

:cawg:

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

krispykremessuck posted:

It's worse than that, at least the bands have personnel whose actual job it is to be a musician, even if that job is a complete waste of the taxpayer's dollar in most instances. So when we look at the books there's an honest accounting of x personnel have a musician MOS/AFSC (who should be at the top of every single RIF board).

loving TiB isn't an actual unit, they pull personnel from other career fields who then go galavanting around the world for a year while the rest of their career field picks up the slack. So when we look at the books there's a 35 person hole across the entire USAF where those people are on the books in whatever their AFSC is but in reality they're busy prancing around on stage pretending to be a cut-rate version of glee instead of doing their loving job.

Also lol at them being their own roadies. Tell that to the legions of airmen who have been voluntold to help with set up for yet another pointless performance from those wastes of space.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I would like to get on top of them. :quagmire:

terrez
Mar 20, 2012

Helldump Immunity. posted:

Dibs on redhead.

no yes no no no maybe? hellyes

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

terrez posted:

no yes no no no maybe? hellyes

nailed it.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Tops in Blue might have been worth something in the days before everyone had laptops and quality entertainment at their fingertips. Although I'm sure I could still have found something better to do with myself than go to one of their shows even as far back as Korea.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

iyaayas01 posted:

It's worse than that, at least the bands have personnel whose actual job it is to be a musician, even if that job is a complete waste of the taxpayer's dollar in most instances. So when we look at the books there's an honest accounting of x personnel have a musician MOS/AFSC (who should be at the top of every single RIF board).

loving TiB isn't an actual unit, they pull personnel from other career fields who then go galavanting around the world for a year while the rest of their career field picks up the slack. So when we look at the books there's a 35 person hole across the entire USAF where those people are on the books in whatever their AFSC is but in reality they're busy prancing around on stage pretending to be a cut-rate version of glee instead of doing their loving job.

Also lol at them being their own roadies. Tell that to the legions of airmen who have been voluntold to help with set up for yet another pointless performance from those wastes of space.

the us air force: it's even worse than you imagined

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Casimir Radon posted:

Tops in Blue might have been worth something in the days before everyone had laptops and quality entertainment at their fingertips. Although I'm sure I could still have found something better to do with myself than go to one of their shows even as far back as Korea.

Get drunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.
Tops in Blue: The N4I Story

• Locked thread