Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Is it the Ayumi Kinoshita part of the thread cycle again? That's my favorite part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

greatn posted:

My heart is under arrest.

She was already KyoryuCyan so her coming back wasn't as much a surprise

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

I had some issues with the original show ("Rangers '93"), the plot felt rushed and Rita didn't really seem like that much of a threat, which was a failure in my opinion. But the biggest offense for me was the fact that the Rangers in Morph Mode had loving lips. Why? I tried looking for moving parts on their faces that would accommodate all the emoting they were doing with their mouths and wasn't really noticing anything. Why the gently caress would Power Rangers need lips? At least you can somewhat infer what happened with Zordon's Hot Tub Time Machine but why the Rangers needed lips will forever remain a mystery.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zombie Tsunami posted:

I had some issues with the original show ("Rangers '93"), the plot felt rushed and Rita didn't really seem like that much of a threat, which was a failure in my opinion. But the biggest offense for me was the fact that the Rangers in Morph Mode had loving lips. Why? I tried looking for moving parts on their faces that would accommodate all the emoting they were doing with their mouths and wasn't really noticing anything. Why the gently caress would Power Rangers need lips? At least you can somewhat infer what happened with Zordon's Hot Tub Time Machine but why the Rangers needed lips will forever remain a mystery.

What?

You mean on the helmets?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Yeah...helmet lips are always going to make me arch an eyebrow. I find them a bit creepy to be honest.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I've never liked the lips, especially not when they were pointlessly added in Samurai alongside the ridiculous muscle armor suit. Either a plain metal like Megaranger or Kyoryuger, or none at all.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Raserys posted:

I've never liked the lips, especially not when they were pointlessly added in Samurai alongside the ridiculous muscle armor suit. Either a plain metal like Megaranger or Kyoryuger, or none at all.

Shinkenger has an amazing helmet design, why change it?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Some Numbers posted:

Shinkenger has an amazing helmet design, why change it?

Because Saban for some reason decided to have special suits made specifically for Zord piloting because... ?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cernunnos posted:

Because Saban for some reason decided to have special suits made specifically for Zord piloting because... ?

Bandai's idea from what I heard, actually.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Is it the Ayumi Kinoshita part of the thread cycle again? That's my favorite part.

Unironically this.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

jivjov posted:

Yeah...helmet lips are always going to make me arch an eyebrow. I find them a bit creepy to be honest.

When my brother was watching Gokaiger and they turned into Battle Fever J, his reaction to my befuddlement was "The 1970s were a strange time."

The lips on helmets, never bothered me. But I was highly confused by attaching a wig to your sentai helmet.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Section Z posted:

When my brother was watching Gokaiger and they turned into Battle Fever J, his reaction to my befuddlement was "The 1970s were a strange time."

The lips on helmets, never bothered me. But I was highly confused by attaching a wig to your sentai helmet.

All that about Battle Fever and not one word about the noses...

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Lips on modern helmets bug the gently caress out of me, but on old school stuff I don't really think twice about it.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Zyuranger helmets have lips so Green can play his knife-flute, this is not a difficult concept.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It's also not a coincidence that the Zyuranger suits are the best

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Is it suitchat time? I really love the Fiveman suits but no one else seems to. The pink and Yellow visors are silly, yes, but Five Red is my probably favorite Sentai costume.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Magiranger is the best because for one brief shining moment Sentai realized that capes are cool as hell

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Brother Entropy posted:

Magiranger is the best because for one brief shining moment Sentai realized that capes are cool as hell

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Brother Entropy posted:

The word you're looking for is "remembered", not "realized".

We seriously need more Sentai with cool as hell capes.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
That's an acceptable answer.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Big One is the best costume, both pre and post transformation.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Megaranger. Hands down.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Light Gun Man posted:

Big One is the best costume, both pre and post transformation.

And unlike Magiranger he has an actual cape and not some tiny little towel dangling from his back.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

JT Smiley posted:

And unlike Magiranger he has an actual cape and not some tiny little towel dangling from his back.

He has also been enough different tokusatsu characters that he could be his own sentai team.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
My favorite helmets of all time are Maskman's helmets. They just look the best to me. Though maybe lose the earrings on the girls.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I've always liked the In Space suits. Very clean.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I've always been a sucker for Wild Force/Gaoranger suits, mostly because the claws look cool and so do Red and Silver's fangs.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Light Gun Man posted:

He has also been enough different tokusatsu characters that he could be his own sentai team.

There's a neat sequence in Gaoranger vs Super Sentai where it jumps from Big One to Colonel Miura to Aoranger in a split second.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Dr Tran posted:

There's a neat sequence in Gaoranger vs Super Sentai where it jumps from Big One to Colonel Miura to Aoranger in a split second.

I'll take any excuse to post this again

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Hard to say what my favorite Sentai suits are, although Gingaman, GoGo V, Boukenger, and Goseiger are definitely some of them(not to mention GoGo V and Boukenger having some of the absolute best Robo designs in the franchise), although of the post-Zyuranger teams I'd say ToQger is the only one I don't really like all that much(too plain for my tastes, although Orange is a slight exception there), not too big on the Abarenger or Jungle Fury suits either

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Light Gun Man posted:

I'll take any excuse to post this again

He is, after all, the number one in Japan.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

drrockso20 posted:

Hard to say what my favorite Sentai suits are, although Gingaman, GoGo V, Boukenger, and Goseiger are definitely some of them(not to mention GoGo V and Boukenger having some of the absolute best Robo designs in the franchise), although of the post-Zyuranger teams I'd say ToQger is the only one I don't really like all that much(too plain for my tastes, although Orange is a slight exception there), not too big on the Abarenger or Jungle Fury suits either

Some good ones in there. Zeo was a standout too.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

drrockso20 posted:

I like Boukenger and Dekaranger both an awful lot- I'm a sucker for metallic bits and, like, symbols on the chest a la western-style superheroes, and both of those suits are like just busy enough to be interesting while still being pretty utilitarian. I also really like DekaBreak/Omega Ranger's motorcycle brace for some reason, even though absolutely everything that was cool about it got added in post :shobon:

Magiranger had my favorite Powered-Up form. The Legend armor looked really good as a "your regular suit, but armored" variant, along with the little helmet horns, and tied in really well to the look that MagiShine was rocking. Also they had the best super form theme song, all loud-rear end orchestral poo poo and Ichirou Mizuki being a boss on vocals.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Dekaranger had the best civilian suits. I love Boukenger's civilian suits, too. Their jackets are so cool. Magiranger's civilian suits (for Houka, Urara and Hikaru) are some of my favorites. Morphed, I love all of Magiranger's suits. Goseiger morphed is one of my favorites. Gekiranger took a long time to grow on me. Their costumes just sorta look like PJs. Sun Vulcan is kinda meh to me. Battle Fever J is just camp as all hell. The Gokaiger morphed helmets are really great. Gokai Silver's technicolor dream shield is pretty amazing, and I wish other Gokaigers had gotten a chance to get a powerup like that. My dream cosplay would be a Gokai Pink Gold Mode equivalent.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Morby posted:

Dekaranger had the best civilian suits. I love Boukenger's civilian suits, too. Their jackets are so cool. Magiranger's civilian suits (for Houka, Urara and Hikaru) are some of my favorites. Morphed, I love all of Magiranger's suits. Goseiger morphed is one of my favorites. Gekiranger took a long time to grow on me. Their costumes just sorta look like PJs. Sun Vulcan is kinda meh to me. Battle Fever J is just camp as all hell. The Gokaiger morphed helmets are really great. Gokai Silver's technicolor dream shield is pretty amazing, and I wish other Gokaigers had gotten a chance to get a powerup like that. My dream cosplay would be a Gokai Pink Gold Mode equivalent.

I forgot about the Goseiger suits :swoon:
I was really not on board with Goseiger until Buredoran started to pay off as a weird badguy tourist, but I really enjoyed their suits and transformations. I'm a sucker for transformation sequences that involve sprouting angel wings.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Shinkenger had a great design and I love their helmets.

I love the Go-Buster suits partially because there's no spandex, but mostly because they're just really good.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Guys. The Power Rangers had lips. Why?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Zombie Tsunami posted:

Light Gun Man posted:

Zyuranger helmets have lips so Green can play his knife-flute, this is not a difficult concept.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Zombie Tsunami posted:

So you can kiss them.

Or they can kiss each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Shinkenger had a great design and I love their helmets.

I love the Go-Buster suits partially because there's no spandex, but mostly because they're just really good.

There's no spandex and they look like tactical operations gear complete with harnesses. The amount of leg on yellow's outfit is a non issue though