Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Madrid bought Danilo to stop him going to Barca right? Would've been the perfect replacement for Alves. Except he's good and stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
If by better you mean a big fish in a small league then sure. The guy will be out on loan by the end of next season.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Or will be expected to perform to unreasonable standards and then booed out of the bernabeu

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Come home Carlo.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

Drogadon posted:

Or will be expected to perform to unreasonable standards and then booed out of the bernabeu

Like james right?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Barcelona winning the league was well deserved. What a team they've got. Shame that so many of their fans are bad winners tho.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I hope Sevilla and Valencia continue to do well next season.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Chas McGill posted:

I hope Sevilla and Valencia continue to do well next season.

Indeed. I'm really liking Sevilla. I hope they win the final and build on that going forward. La Liga could use a big four or five.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I'd rather lose the league and not have a oval office like Neymar playing for my team tbh. #teamronald

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

El Hefe posted:

everytime Iniesta gets subbed off outside the Camp Nou he always gets an ovation

total class

he loving won spain the loving world cup, I would loving hope loving so, jeez

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

mackintosh posted:

Indeed. I'm really liking Sevilla. I hope they win the final and build on that going forward. La Liga could use a big four or five.

i believe in moyes

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Bape Culture posted:

I'd rather lose the league and not have a oval office like Neymar playing for my team tbh. #teamronald

Typical Arsenal fan

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

mackintosh posted:

This is what I believe in my heart of hearts the future holds for the brave boys, a slow build to success. If Emery stays (he won't) this could be achievable in five years.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
La Liga already has 5 big clubs, only stupid EPL/MLS fans don't see it.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

El Hefe posted:

La Liga already has 5 big clubs, only stupid EPL/MLS fans don't see it.

There's the big two, then three others, then the rest.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

stickyfngrdboy posted:

There's the big two, then three others, then the rest.

Barca, RM, Atletico, Sevilla, Valencia and Athletic are all big clubs, Barca and RM are bigger and richer than the others sure but the others are perfectly capable of winning both national and European trophies, have lots of fans and great history.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Unlike other more competitive leagues where the champions ain't got no history.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

El Hefe posted:

Barca, RM, Atletico, Sevilla, Valencia and Athletic are all big clubs, Barca and RM are bigger and richer than the others sure but the others are perfectly capable of winning both national and European trophies, have lots of fans and great history.

none of those teams have won a league in the last 10 years, except for Atletico last year of course. does finishing up in 3rd or below every year make one a big club?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

El Hefe posted:

Yeah the only thing holding back the brave Sevilla boys, they of the stoutest hearts in all of Spanish football, is a lack of gumption.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Mean Bean Machine posted:

none of those teams have won a league in the last 10 years, except for Atletico last year of course. does finishing up in 3rd or below every year make one a big club?

If winning the national league over the last 10 years is a prerequisite to being a big club then there are very few big clubs in the world.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

El Hefe posted:

If winning the national league over the last 10 years is a prerequisite to being a big club then there are very few big clubs in the world.

Exactly. You can be a big club and not win anything. Like liverpool

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

Homework Explainer posted:

Yeah the only thing holding back the brave Sevilla boys, they of the stoutest hearts in all of Spanish football, is a lack of gumption.

It's the lack of monies but they are getting more next season.

Sevilla will probably keep Carlos Bacca and are looking at bringing in Falcao next season.

Valencia is looking at Jackson Martinez.

The level of the league is only going up.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Liverpool is a big club like Michael Jackson is a big star.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I did hear Liverpool scouts 6 year olds, so you might have a point there.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

El Hefe posted:

It's good to see you're still a retard.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

and you can win stuff and not be a big club. Like Chelsea.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

The thing I took away from the last couple of posts is that the premier league is worse than la liga

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Bape Culture posted:

It's good to see you're still a retard.

Typical arsenal fan

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

dex_sda posted:

The thing I took away from the last couple of posts is that the premier league is worse than la liga

It really is. Neither league is as good as Serie A though. You can't kick and rush or triangle your way to a trophy there.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

TelekineticBear! posted:

and you can win stuff and not be a big club. Like Chelsea.

Or City, PSG... And all those other plastic teams

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
This is my cousin, he was a cool dude who was a fan and player of RCD Espanyol back at t a time when you were hated by both camps.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Lladre posted:

This is my cousin, he was a cool dude who was a fan and player of RCD Espanyol back at t a time when you were hated by both camps.

Somewhere your cousin is gathered with his friends recounting his glory days, passing around his tablet with your posts on display and saying "this is my cousin, a cool dude who gets real upset when people says bad things about la liga on the most troll free forum on the internet, he even made a pie chart about it once"

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Lladre posted:

what was his name

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

El Hefe posted:

Typical arsenal fan

I know it's easy to confuse a5h and luvd since they're both skinny jean wearing lairy art school fags but you should know by know that a5h isn't an Arsenal fan.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
i love boro me

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Lladre posted:

lookin' good Dean Martinéz

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Machinegunboyo posted:

Somewhere your cousin is gathered with his friends recounting his glory days, passing around his tablet with your posts on display and saying "this is my cousin, a cool dude who gets real upset when people says bad things about la liga on the most troll free forum on the internet, he even made a pie chart about it once"

Nice meltdown.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Shrapnig posted:

I know it's easy to confuse a5h and luvd since they're both skinny jean wearing lairy art school fags but you should know by know that a5h isn't an Arsenal fan.

Hello

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Shrapnig posted:

he is

he sent me a pm asking me how I discovered he was was a secret arsenal fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

Just read a story about Save the Children denying that Christina donated 5m to them, could swear we had to endure several posters bleating on about his charitable donation a few days/weeks ago. Ronnie fans getting desperate.

• Locked thread