Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

I just know they're going to wind up working together again as well as being together as a couple again.

You resisted the urge to edit that quote to be from L. Ron Hubbard and that makes you a stronger person than I.

quote:

Rex Morgan MD

"I will have their souls. Souls for Mrs. P."

People have been sporadically bitching about this plot but let me tell you as soon as Mrs. P was revealed to be a mob widow I was hoping we'd get to see her go all mafia on some people and I'm glad it's sorta finally happening and I don't care if she uses her power for good or for evil. Most interesting Rex Morgan arc in a long time.

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

ALL CAUGHT UP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Outland

Tiny font in the last panel: "Probably won't be a major motion picture from Disney anytime soon."

Ripley's

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Come on Ripley, I think we'll all believe the true story behind that enduring Tom Hanks/Catherine Zeta Jones classic The Terminal.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Mr. Squishy posted:

Come on Ripley, I think we'll all believe the true story behind that enduring Tom Hanks/Catherine Zeta Jones classic The Terminal.

That's the one where Hanks has a funny accent while trying to catch Leonardo DiCaprio during WWII and then has a wish granted by a magic fortune teller in the airport, but it turns out he's having to pretend to be a woman to live in an all-woman NASA barracks while struggling with AIDS, right?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
No, it's the other one.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Dustin

Counting down the number of years until Dustin has to buy his dad adult diapers.

Bleeker

No, that's the rain dance. You're going to ruin the fire that way.

On the Fastrack

Does the entire office get around on Segways?

Slylock Fox and Comics for Kids

It looks like there's a giant creepy suspended eye in the shadows on the left side. That could be a sign.

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop

That bulletin board is next.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Let's all study today's Cul-de-sac, won't you?

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Rex Morgan MD, now featuring a character named Summer Knight and a surprise visit by The Corinthian!

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Transmodiar posted:

Rex Morgan MD, now featuring a character named Summer Knight and a surprise visit by The Corinthian!

Coulda sworn that was Matt Murdock

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts (May 19, 1968)

Funky Winkerbean

Um...that's amore?

Classic Popeye Sunday (c. 1940)

Pogo: Well, at least they didn't christen him. (February 25, 1968)

Out Our Way (March 7-8, 1927)

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

You mean that somebody, hundreds of years ago, once made a really short-sighted business decision? I don't believe it, Ripley!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Cowslips Warren posted:

So the Taker is an alien, all the monsters are aliens, and I am really surprised the Men in Black didn't show up at some point. And I don't think there is ever a real explanation as to why some people remember the lost loved ones and most don't.

Biff's Alien Abduction was actually the good aliens trying to immunize him against the takers. Margo has a similar strange memory she attributes to the aliens. The other kid has no memory like that and they just say he probably repressed it.

I actually enjoyed it... although it was a little long and some parts didn't feel like they were needed (like tying in other characters from previous LSOS comics).

Bill isn't in the story much longer so just wait a little longer, people.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

God, the only thing worse than Dad Jokes are Math Teacher Jokes. Seriously.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Subtle Advertisement

The Amazing Spider-Man

This woman takes more headers off buildings...

Prince Valiant

Juliet Jones

That kid's face in the bottom middle panel. Complete "What the gently caress, Mom?"

Phantom Classic

Big Ben Bolt

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn

This may be one the rare times where a groin kick hasn't helped the story.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

Prince Valiant

Val knows he's utterly boned no matter which way this turns out. :allears:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

SynthOrange posted:

Val knows he's utterly boned no matter which way this turns out. :allears:

I love how much Val hates dealing with his family. You can tell whenever he's with them that he just wishes was off somewhere with Gawain.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

All other problems he can fix with a sword.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

That cat has just seen a gay man without an rear end.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Hey, does anyone have a link to the My Cage debacle when the author got himself a forums account and self-destructed?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (March 19, 1928)

Peanuts gives us a great strip to read with breakfast. (May 20, 1968)

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye: Being buried alive's fun and all, but we still have a kid to track down!

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (March 9-10, 1927)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (March 9-10, 1927)

Huh?

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

Pros & Cons

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Maybe I'm getting a massive amount of egg on my face here, but the gods, as I understand it, are the traditional theater name for the worst seats in the house, the balcony. Maybe they're watching a melodramatic or sad play, the working class together?

OR knowing this comic it's a reference to some specific thing I'm not getting because I don't have a degree in 1890's history.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
You got it, the gods are the name for the lovely seats in the rafters.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Der Shovel posted:

Maybe I'm getting a massive amount of egg on my face here, but the gods, as I understand it, are the traditional theater name for the worst seats in the house, the balcony. Maybe they're watching a melodramatic or sad play, the working class together?

Ah, yeah. I was confused because I thought they were bored instead of sad and tried to overanalyze the all-male audience.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Hey, does anyone have a link to the My Cage debacle when the author got himself a forums account and self-destructed?
I have a link to his ignominious return, but not the original debacle.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

Non Sequitur

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

:v:

Kliban

:stonk:

9 Chickweed Lane 5/18/2004

Oh come on Juliette. Mannequins have been that way for loving decades.

Zits

Kevin & Kell

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006

EasyEW posted:

Skippy (March 19, 1928)

Holy moly this comic is weird.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Thanks to Ghostlight finding the gassed return, I was able to do some poking around based on My Cage Writer's reg-date and found both the one in megathread 11 and the one he started in BSS.

BSS:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3330725

CSM 11: drat, that's a fine elephant [man, that was 5 years ago?]:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3290229&userid=166271

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Has the thread numbering been fixed since then, or are we still 1 or 2 out?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Mike du Jour

Monty

Intelligent Life

Retail

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set eats out.

Working Daze could be a Big Bang Theory bit.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

ZeeToo posted:

[b]Reply All

I hate to admit it, but I laughed at this. I would definitely sign in as a RHPS character.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
On Facebook, Brian Crane's posting "Pickles" strips that ran 25 years ago to the date.

Here's one he put up today. I liked it, so I'm sharing here:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

EasyEW posted:

Popeye: Being buried alive's fun and all, but we still have a kid to track down!

I'd assume there'd been a colouring error, but those squiggles mean grass, right?

Ghostlight posted:

I have a link to his ignominious return, but not the original debacle.
What really stands out to me in that thread is the two people talking like Moose and Molly and Reply All are the worst comics. :roflolmao:

In the BSS thread the most egregious thing would have to be:

Volume posted:

Are you familiar with Brooke Mceldowneys work with 9 Chickweed Land and Pibgorn? If so does it creep you out as much as it does every one else in the Comic Strip Megathread?

My Cage Writer posted:

I'm fimilar with them, but don't read either. The art is beautiful. Maybe the best looking on the comics page today

goatface posted:

Has the thread numbering been fixed since then, or are we still 1 or 2 out?
The full list is in the first post of the thread, but the numbering went (errors in bold) NA, 2, 3, NA, NA, 5, 5.3, 5.4, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, so yeah, we're currently out by one, this should be 14. Or 10 if we don't count the Foob threads. The first problem was when someone miscounted and labelled the sixth thread number five, which was then corrected by calling the next one five (part three), but then after five (part four) someone added 5 and 4 and got 9 and assumed the next thread had to be ten, when in fact it was the ninth. We've been out by one since then.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Man I was reading and posting in the megathread by that point, and I remember none of the My Cage guy. I remember the comic, but not him arriving in the thread for some reason.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Thanks to Ghostlight finding the gassed return, I was able to do some poking around based on My Cage Writer's reg-date and found both the one in megathread 11 and the one he started in BSS.

BSS:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3330725

CSM 11: drat, that's a fine elephant [man, that was 5 years ago?]:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3290229&userid=166271

Much thanks to both of you! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I vaguely remember that.

Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

my usual source for One Big Happy has been uncooperative, hence the possible odd resolution or artifacting.

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

• Locked thread