Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dec 26, 2012

if youd gotten that far into the game and havent figured out what a boss arena looks like i dont know what to tell you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
pwnmed ebrietas even faster in isz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qD_MaCJbVQ

might be fastest chalice dungeon kill on utube? not that i looked very hard... i dont even bother to use bolt paper and stuff though and i got hit twice so it could be faster.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I've been ganking peeps in Nightmare Frontier but it seems like you get matched with all kinds of levels so it isn't very satisfying.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

might be fastest chalice dungeon kill on utube? not that i looked very hard... i dont even bother to use bolt paper and stuff though and i got hit twice so it could be faster.

horry poo poo

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i need to improve my strategy of dealing w/ mindflayers since my current strategy is "lose a shitload of insight and get owned repeatedly"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

INRI is very powerful

Dec 26, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

well, poo poo

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

I.N.R.I posted:

Hot drat, what was your gem setup for your sword?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Cainhurst was super sick because it was basically one huge homage to Castlevania and every time I was there Vampire Killer would drift in and out of my head

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's a great area. although i think i'm missing a secret somewhere. i looked down and there were a bunch of bodies with objects on them in a lower snow covered courtyard, but not the first one you get to with the lamp in it. i'm not sure how to get down there to get the items.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

seiferguy posted:

Hot drat, what was your gem setup for your sword?

I think I'm using a 20%, 21%, and a 19% physical gem. one of thems cursed and has like 3% extra stamina costs too. the 20% and 21% were random drops i got from chalice dungeons while getting plat, and the 19% probably came from the brain guys in mensis.

Zodar
May 21, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

i need to improve my strategy of dealing w/ mindflayers since my current strategy is "lose a shitload of insight and get owned repeatedly"

Spend as much of your insight as possible. Get a sedative ready, run in and start flailing at them until they die, pop the sedative as soon as your frenzy meter is more than half full. Memorize their pathing and never attack one where another can see you

Or just drink an invisibility potion

The way Frenzy works, an enemy inflicts "100 frenzy damage" on hit/tick/etc, and that 100 frenzy is added to your meter gradually instead of all at once. Makes people panic when their meter keeps filling after the enemy responsible is dead, but it's much more manageable than instantly having your bleed meter jump to full and losing most of your health like DkS handled it. The difficulty comes from how much more Mensis leans on Frenzy than past areas did on their respective status effects (blighttown/toxin), and how rare Sedatives are once you've wasted a few

Zodar fucked around with this message at 18:47 on May 17, 2015

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

Long weapon is effective

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Zodar posted:

Spend as much of your insight as possible. Get a sedative ready, run in and start flailing at them until they die, pop the sedative as soon as your frenzy meter is more than half full. Memorize their pathing and never attack one where another can see you

The way Frenzy works, an enemy inflicts "100 frenzy damage" on hit/tick/etc, and that 100 frenzy is added to your meter gradually instead of all at once. Makes people panic when their meter keeps filling after the enemy responsible is dead, but it's much more manageable than instantly having your bleed meter jump to full and losing most of your health like DkS handled it. The difficulty comes from how much more Mensis leans on Frenzy than past areas did on their respective status effects (blighttown/toxin), and how rare Sedatives are once you've wasted a few

i think he means the squid head dudes

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Zodar posted:

mindflayers are the guys who jump on u and suck ur insight out of ur head, and dont frenzy u, and are in upper cathedral ward primarily

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
they got the epic mindflayer skill from Demon's Souls where they shoot a bolt of magic at you that freezes you

Zodar
May 21, 2007

Wow I'm blind. Just use a thrusting attack then, for some reason they have huge slash/blunt resistance but die to a single R2 from Ludwig's. Hide behind something and wait for them to come to you so the paralysis spell doesn't hit you

With how few benefits extra Insight gives you, and how much harder it makes Mensis, I almost feel like their grab attack is a favor

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
cosmic emissary was a joke, but ebrietes is no joke. wow, she's a loving doozy. i feel like i probably shouldn't be fighting her yet though

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
By the time I started Mensis I had 99 insight :downsgun:

Ashen Hunter set and Beak Mask very crucial- and gently caress the brain-beholders

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

By the time I started Mensis I had 99 insight :downsgun:

Ashen Hunter set and Beak Mask very crucial- and gently caress the brain-beholders

but that hummin' is cool

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid
this spider gently caress is really givin me some troubles

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

The counter head slam bait was perfect.

The visceral finish was sexy.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

SleepySonata posted:

The counter head slam bait was perfect.

The visceral finish was sexy.

the video turns you on. that's weird as poo poo

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's cool that ebrietas' arena is right above amelia's. that's a nice touch in level design.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

it's cool that ebrietas' arena is right above amelia's. that's a nice touch in level design.

i only noticed on ng+ even though i know theyre in the same general area. i love it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

rediscover posted:

the video turns you on. that's weird as poo poo

Its normal

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
some cool touches i like - creepy whispering in the ambient sound in the windmill in the forbidden woods, and the corpse pit on the way to iosefka's clinic rear entrance has the ambient sound of the imposter iosefka's weird feverish breathing if you stand in it for a while

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the huge statue with all the tombstones surrounding it in charnel lane is my favorite statue in a game full of really good statues

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
yarnhamites love statues. can't get enough of them.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
djura h8s them thoe

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the hosed up looking ones in the dark choir room are my fav... especialyl the really tall streetlamp looking one and the one holding a staff that makes it look like one of those mind flayers with the worm thing coming out of it

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I.N.R.I posted:

the hosed up looking ones in the dark choir room are my fav... especialyl the really tall streetlamp looking one and the one holding a staff that makes it look like one of those mind flayers with the worm thing coming out of it

those are pretty cool. i got tricked once or twice by them trying to clear out that awful loving place

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i mean it was fun, but it's designed to be awful and it is. it's hilariously way harder than the boss it gates.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol, holy poo poo. the entrance cinematic for the one reborn is so good.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The part of yahargul before the one reborn with all the people statufied and like embedded in the walls was genuinely creepier than anything else in the souls games including new londo

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

I.N.R.I posted:

Its normal

your right. it's normal to get horny to epic bloodborne footy

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah, that part was loving awesome. especially when i remembered that all of those parts were covered with tarps when i ran through from hypogaean gaol.

is there a decent reward for beating that hunter threesome? like i said, i hate hunter fights.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
also, am i right in thinking that the player character was injected with some sort of kindred blood in an effort to create a god on earth? that's what i've surmised since you have chosen undead like powers, and the messengers look like little tiny aliens

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

also, am i right in thinking that the player character was injected with some sort of kindred blood in an effort to create a god on earth? that's what i've surmised since you have chosen undead like powers, and the messengers look like little tiny aliens

i gathered that they were injecting everyone with kindred blood because it cured AIDS or something but then it turns out that it also turns people into werewolves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im still kinda surprised they didn't include a curse equivalent in this game in the form of blood borne AIDS viruses if you took blood from a specific npc or something