Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I really liked Rage, but yeah, the bits between shooting people ranged from filler to meh. Driving cars around was ok but not great, having to race was not. Also the original ending was poop. Basically, if the shooting in Doom 4 is as good as Rage, and it focuses entirely on the shooting of faces, I'll be super happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Honestly I think it looks really cool. I'd love to see themes like end-times and apocalypse type stuff get explored, it's something interesting about Doom and its Fire-and-Brimstone Christian myth base that is strangely not touched upon. There's plenty of post-apocalyptic stuff but very few games that take place during the apocalypse.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the setting wouldn't matter much to me if the actual gameplay was awesome as hell, and rage showed that they at least still know how to do gunplay

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Segmentation Fault posted:

Honestly I think it looks really cool. I'd love to see themes like end-times and apocalypse type stuff get explored, it's something interesting about Doom and its Fire-and-Brimstone Christian myth base that is strangely not touched upon. There's plenty of post-apocalyptic stuff but very few games that take place during the apocalypse.

Doom 3 actually takes place during the apocalypse, and they said originally that Doom 4 was going to be a direct sequel of hell following the Doom guy home. Too bad they had to cancel it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

closeted republican posted:

What about Brutal Ken's Labyrinth?

I want this, so much.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
If those leaked Blood emails are reliable then just working with Ken Silverman is an IRL Brutal Ken's Labyrinth.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Honestly, I'd like to see those videos. Looks like they put a lot of work into it. I'd be interested in seeing what the plot was.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Somebody in the Doomworld thread dug this up: Behind the Scenes video of what appears to be a Doom 4 cutscene by Blur Studio. I like how they tried to make a straight-faced war drama as a sequel to a game that has "OKAY GUYS OWN UP WHY ARE THERE SO MANY CHAINSAWS ON THIS MARTIAN MOON BASE?!" emails you can find laying around.

Also, one of the guys who saw the Quakecon demo last year posted this on the Tumblrs:

the-goddamn-doomguy posted:

Don’t worry, the Quakecon gameplay looked nothing like any of these screenshots.
So, that's reassuring.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Elliotw2 posted:

Doom 4 was going to be a direct sequel of hell following the Doom guy home. Too bad they had to cancel it.

Wait what ? Is it the one with the cyberdemon trailer that came out a few months back ?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Nah, just my older brother doing something really stupid

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PowerslaveEX update: according to Kaiser, Night Dive doesn't actually have the rights to Powerslave just yet and there's a chance that he may end up just releasing PowerslaveEX for free. It sounds like the bulk of the work is already done, too.

Night Dive/Turok sounds like it's officially happening, though.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i would kind of like a game set on earth during a hell-based apocalypse.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's okay for that game to exist but it should be called Doom 4.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Night Dive/Turok sounds like it's officially happening, though.

loving hell yes. I hope we also get Turok 2 because the CEREBRAL BORE remains the best ever FPS weapon (including the bit just after you get it where some raptors attack you and you find out it doesn't work on them).

FirstPersonShitter posted:

That's just Doom 2 though?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Bethesda posted roughly one second of footage from the new Doom to hype up their E3 reveal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdAZqeDtlL4

I think it's fairly safe to say we won't be getting anything similar to what's been leaked earlier today. :)

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Nice, wonder if they'll lock the DBS behind some bullshit pre-order DLC like with RAGE :v:

edit: also if I stop being a cynical dick for a minute, I guess that looked cool

Convex fucked around with this message at 15:49 on May 18, 2015

Commander Keenan
Dec 5, 2012

Not Boba Fett
Alright who else is

:gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Commander Keenan posted:

Alright who else is

:gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz:

Welp, I enjoyed Wolfenstein: The New Order quite a lot, but preordering is now even more worth it. Can't wait for the beta :circlefap:

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

drrockso20 posted:

You've obviously never been stabbed with a spoon before(I have and it hurts like hell)

Time to bring back a classic:
The Horribly Slow Murderer with the Extremely Inefficient Weapon

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
A double-barrelled shotgun and a revenant. Interested but not excited. Looking forward to E3 at the very least.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
That skeleton looks pretty agitated for someone with a sickass double-rocket-launcher rig on his back.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

FirstPersonShitter posted:

If those screenshots would have been for a Hellgate: London reboot instead of a Doom game, I would be all over it in a heartbeat.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
That's some cool lighting and bokeh I guess? :shrug:

Go ahead and release the video from last quakecon already, wtf?

koren
Sep 7, 2003

I recognise all the things that appear in that very short video. I love the brand.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Vakal posted:

If those screenshots would have been for a Hellgate: London reboot instead of a Doom game, I would be all over it in a heartbeat.

Man, I was just about to post about Hellgate lol

That's actually why I was thinking the Apocalypse story would work.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

unpacked robinhood posted:

Wait what ? Is it the one with the cyberdemon trailer that came out a few months back ?

No, it was the one that they were working on for like 10 years after Doom 3 came out, with the pictures we're making fun of. The Cyberdemon preview is the new Doom 4 .

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Korendian Leader posted:

I recognise all the things that appear in that very short video. I love the brand.

:agreed::hf::drat:

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That looked cool, I can't wait for a cinematic Doom experience. Truly what I want out of Doom is a linear corridor shooter with good graphics and good gunplay.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Jordan7hm posted:

That looked cool, I can't wait for a cinematic Doom experience. Truly what I want out of Doom is a linear corridor shooter with good graphics and good gunplay.

They would do well to include a lot of U-shaped levels, non-linear hub-like levels, and enemies out the rear end surprising you from closets.

Also, I would love it if the levels didn't make any real visual sense, when trying to apply realism to them. E1M1 does not look like a hangar, and I love it.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
I personally want this new entry to a 22 year old franchise to possess none of the advances in game design that have taken place since the first game's inception

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

I personally want this new entry to a 22 year old franchise to possess none of the advances in game design that have taken place since the first game's inception

This, but unironically.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

By that you mean incorporating design elements introduced in player-made wads, right?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

You say this seriously now but look what happened to Doom 3, and Serious Sam is a great example of a Doom-like done right for the modern day.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The FPS since Doom with the most longevity is CS 1.6 so Doom should take lessons from CS 1.6

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Doom 4 is gonna be an open world meme adventure like what Far Cry has become.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I really hope that this game has a preorder bonus consisting of a sequel to the Doom comic, written and inked by the same staff who did the first.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Jordan7hm posted:

By that you mean incorporating design elements introduced in player-made wads, right?

It would be rad if they had designed levels with help/layouts/input from some of the most prominent mappers in the community.

There's no way they would for a variety of reasons, but it would still be rad.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

The Kins posted:

Bethesda posted roughly one second of footage from the new Doom to hype up their E3 reveal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdAZqeDtlL4

I think it's fairly safe to say we won't be getting anything similar to what's been leaked earlier today. :)

AGITATING SKELETON IS BACK MOTHER FUCKER

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
It's not a Doom game if you can't fight John Romero's severed head. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

RyokoTK posted:

Doom 4 is gonna be an open world meme adventure like what Far Cry has become.
Skin three Cacodemons and craft some new underpants with them.