Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

TEAYCHES posted:

ground bacon?

As close as I could get. I don't have a meat grinder, so I froze a pound of bacon then threw it in the food processor.

I have ascended to a new plane of burgerdom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Ron Jeremy posted:

As close as I could get. I don't have a meat grinder, so I froze a pound of bacon then threw it in the food processor.
R
I have ascended to a new plane of burgerdom.

I assume you use a pretty lean cut of beef in this case

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Big Willy Style posted:

Beetroot, pineapple and egg on a burger brings you closer to god

Sub in bacon for the pineapple and you're completely right (proper bacon, not that American poo poo).

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I grilled some burgers last night on my new 22.5 weber, the blue cheese was phenomenal. Sadly no pics of it assembled, went too fast. It wasn't that good looking anyway.

750g of meat into 5x150g patties, just lots of salt and pepper added. What that's in american I dunno.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

iajanus posted:

Sub in bacon for the pineapple and you're completely right (proper bacon, not that American poo poo).

This is correct as well. I should maybe edit my post to add bacon but I haven't been able to find thick cut bacon as nice as the stuff from the 70yr old butcher back home.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
come on, fried egg is totally acceptable in a burg (not to mention loving delicious)

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

I love egg yolk, and am indifferent about whites in cooked egg.

So when I egg burg, I got for multiple yolks with the white trimed off.

Cant get enough of that yellow jizz goodness.

Duckbill
Nov 7, 2008

Nice weather for it.
Grimey Drawer
Had a burg experience in London the other day. I've been meaning to go to Byron ('Proper Hamburgers') for ages but not got round to it. Got the B-Rex:

(not my pic, but pretty accurate)

Comes with bacon, cheese, pickles, jalapenos, BBQ sauce and a giant onion ring which didn't really need to be there. I ate that separately. The fries were kind of disappointing but the burger was grease-drippingly delicious and perfectly medium cooked. Would burg again.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
Byron gets a lot of poo poo but their burgers are pretty reliable.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
I burged at home real hard. Mayo + chipotle tobasco on this burg, pickles, red onion, baby spinach, cheddar slice, thin tomatoes... oh and homemade fries. Bless this thread

Patty is 50/50 beef and lamb shoulder for those at home wondering

aejix fucked around with this message at 12:17 on May 18, 2015

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

lovely

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

aejix posted:

I burged at home real hard. Mayo + chipotle tobasco on this burg, pickles, red onion, baby spinach, cheddar slice, thin tomatoes... oh and homemade fries. Bless this thread

That looks pretty loving delicious.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Burg looks A1. Chips are nice and golden (lightly cooked?) - I could murder them right now.

But I am about to burg with McD's, who are doing a "Taste of America" promo where they pedal the same burger in slightly different buns, and change one of the ingredients. Will post pics shortly.

e: nah, was hungry and scoffed them down. they were pretty poo poo, to be expected. got the mcgurggles now

Jamsta fucked around with this message at 13:35 on May 18, 2015

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

I burged at the much-hyped Cheeburger Cheeburger last night for the first time. Fries were mediocre; I like skin-on fries but these were floppy and meh in a way that eclipsed even Five Guys for mediocrity. Burg was okay; I asked for it medium and it came out well done and slightly dry, but the toppings were correct: cheddar, grilled onions, fresh jalapenos. Kaiser roll was untoasted and unremarkable. Probably would not burg again. I also ordered a shake and they brought me the wrong flavor, but that's less of a crime than serving a mediocre overcooked burg.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Sorry bout your bad burg experience.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Norns posted:

burgolences

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Norns posted:

Bad burg is better than no burg at all. My fridge is full of burgin stuff but I've been too sick to fulfill my burgin desires. This bitch can't burg. :(

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

I made this because my last burger experience sucked

Mayo and tomato sauce and thinly sliced white onion not pictured

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Big Willy Style posted:

I made this because my last burger experience sucked

Mayo and tomato sauce and thinly sliced white onion not pictured

no beetroot because you wanted a nice burger i see.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'd kick someone's rear end if they put beetroot on my burg.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Nation posted:

no beetroot because you wanted a nice burger i see.

its was because i didnt have beetroot at hand. If I did it would have been there. Same as egg or pinapple but pineapple is out of season at the moment and I no longer live in the tropics and pineapple down this way loving sucks all year round anyway.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Beet on a burger is pretty great, don't know why all of you guys with wrong opinions about beets keep talking about it like you know what's up.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I loving hate beets.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
As an adult that desires new and interesting culinary experiences, I would try it.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

I have only ever eaten beetroot on burgers actually. Has to be tinned.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

When those of you in Oz put beetroot on a burger, is it pickled beetroot slices (the kind that turn everything they touch a vibrant purple), or simply cooked and peeled beets? I could totally go for the former, not so much the latter.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

The Midniter posted:

When those of you in Oz put beetroot on a burger, is it pickled beetroot slices (the kind that turn everything they touch a vibrant purple), or simply cooked and peeled beets? I could totally go for the former, not so much the latter.

Fresh is not best in this case, you want it from a can, but theyre not pickled technically, I think they are boiled, peeled, sliced then put in a can wiith their juice or some poo poo.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
I made a burg at home that was FAR from a work of art, but was still delicious. Didn't take a picture because it wasn't too pretty and I ate it too fast.

A friend of my in-laws gave them half a cow of ground beef, and son of a bitch this stuff is amazing. It's like comparing corn fed animals to wild game, just SO much flavor I didn't know I was missing from small town grocery store. Anyway the underwhelming yet delicious burger consisted of:

- 2 slices of potato bread, no fancy rolls or anything just 2 slices from a standard bag of sliced potato bread
- ground beef patty that was seasoned with Worcestershire sauce and salt/pepper
- slice of cheapo american cheese
- dijon mustard

This was served with some home made pickles on the classiest of paper plates. Not a burger I'd pay $12 for, but one I'd gladly eat on a regular basis for the rest of my life.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

aejix posted:

I want those fries so, so badly. Did you do the serious eats recipe?

(Also lamb burgers are really good too and yours looks great!)

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

Gwaihir posted:

I want those fries so, so badly. Did you do the serious eats recipe?

(Also lamb burgers are really good too and yours looks great!)

My man you have a keen eye for the way of the fry. Those are indeed the serious eats fries although I think I boiled them for too long at the beginning because they'd started falling apart a bit too much, but they were still great. Fair bit of effort for fries though so only something I'd do for special occasions, like a Stanley cup playoff weekend game, or a Thursday. Definitely better after you freeze them too.

And yeah my local butcher gets terrific lamb. A shade pricey but so good, and the 50/50 mix with beef chuck is delicious.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
That fry recipe is like my all time most favorite platonic ideal of a french fry recipe ever, and I'm always super sad when I get a great burger at some place and the fries just don't live up to that ideal :smith:

(OK double battered extra crispy fries are pretty amazing too)

I end up just making a huuuuge batch of the fries at once because it is such an involved process. Nothing hard or anything, it just takes up so much space in the kitchen between the fryer, at least one bowl of potatoes that have been through the fry cutter, big pot o water, and space to let the boiled potatoes dry before their first dunk in the fryer. Then yet more for letting them dry/cool before freezing.

Once they're frozen though they just keep forever so you can keep on getting out little bits to cook along with your burgers, and then regretting that you didn't get more out of the freezer because they're so god damned good.

I find they're even better if you use at least double the called for vinegar on the initial boil so you get more of a hint of that vinegary flavor in the finished fries. That salt/vinegar flavor is unbeatable.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
My roommate gets Food & Wine Magazine and this was on the cover.

:chanpop:

Also, I bought these, for uh...science...drunk science. Am I going to die?

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Chinatown posted:

Also, I bought these, for uh...science...drunk science. Am I going to die?

burger bro :hfive:

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
When you guys eat those do you just eat them completely as is?

It would seem hard to really do much to them after they're nuked

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
My plan is to pull it apart after heating, add pickle, mustard, maybe some BBQ sauce to one?

Will post trip report whenever I get around to eating a couple. I'm sure they will be simultaneously underwhelming and delicious (salty).

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I kinda want some of those. I haven't had white castle burgs ever, even from the store iirc.

Had something similar back in high school cafeteria days. Those were some glorious days since they gave us like 2 packages of 2 each and nobody really liked them so I was basically lookin like jerry oconnell

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007
Burged tonight... forgot to make the buns and then it got so late I didn't have time to do anything fancy.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I wanna make some homemade sliders with those flaky biscuits as buns

Perhaps with some swiss, raw onion, and for some reason i wanna put green olives in there but i think its just bc i have them on my mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fastball LIVE in concert
Jul 10, 2010
I burged too. Served on tinfoil on an empty album case because I'm drunk and lazy.

• Locked thread