Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Demons are bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

amuayse posted:

blood is bullshit

psudonym55
Nov 23, 2014
Is it La Man that gets mages in random events? Also are any of those mages any good? Think I remember only ever getting n2 mages from it if I'm remembering it right.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

psudonym55 posted:

Is it La Man that gets mages in random events? Also are any of those mages any good? Think I remember only ever getting n2 mages from it if I'm remembering it right.

It's the MA Man witches.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
I'd rate them as "not good enough to justify LA Man getting a 2N2A income instead of 1F1S2A". Your event-required mages are also put in some fairly serious danger if you want them.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I had one of those events happen once but I never figured it out and then went AI. Hope that helps.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Right, what you do is you send a Magister Arcane to a province (and give them decent bodyguards, because they can get attacked by werewolves and stuff), and then all kinds of weird poo poo is going to happen to them for a couple of turns and you might get a Witch of some kind at the end of it.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Dear other people in alchemy. I am going to mass cast armageddons and you can't really stop me.

gently caress you landhavers and your relevancy too.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
You know, the population of the Dominions' world is kinda small. It's usually less than a million.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

amuayse posted:

You know, the population of the Dominions' world is kinda small. It's usually less than a million.

Considering ascension wars happen every hundred years or so, that's to be expected.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
The Dominions world is also much smaller than Earth and its set pre-industrial agrarian society.

That said the population numbers are probably still a little on the low side, then again so are the army numbers so...

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
How do plagues ever spread in this land

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

AtomikKrab posted:

Dear other people in alchemy. I am going to mass cast armageddons and you can't really stop me.

I've already reduced my own capital's population to sub-2000

You can't do anything worse to me than I've already done to myself

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

I Love You! posted:

How do plagues ever spread in this land

Hideous spirits of death and disease flying around touching people :v:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

this mod nation is still pretty young and needs descriptions + pretenders and whatever at the least but the idea is cool

http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/ma-carcosa-wip-whispering-depths

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Now generating tiling pixel maps (seen on the left). Next is refining shapes and adding province centers. After that, terrain types and actual textures.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 03:00 on May 18, 2015

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Corbeau posted:

Now generating tiling pixel maps (seen on the left). Next is refining shapes and adding province centers. After that, terrain types and actual textures.

:woop: keep up the good work

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
Yeah Corbeau that looks great. I'm excited to see what you come up with

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
But where's the giant swaths of lovely ocean?!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

AtomikKrab posted:

I've send you a little thank you for hurting my enemies. (I have about two provinces left, so go hog wild on armageddons)

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Did the Dominions IRC explode? If so, is that a regular occurrence?

GenericOverusedName posted:

But where's the giant swaths of lovely ocean?!

Don't tempt me.

e: Actually I haven't decided how to determine oceans yet so suggestions are welcome.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 18, 2015

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Corbeau posted:

Don't tempt me.

e: Actually I haven't decided how to determine oceans yet so suggestions are welcome.

One huge super province with crap tons of income and resources :dong:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Corbeau posted:

Don't tempt me.

A series of lakes and ponds of varying size spread about the map, all interconnected by rivers. The water player gets the advantage/disadvantage of being next to drat near everyone, but is still MM1 underwater so it's a wash, no pun intended :v:

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Ermor

Ermor ermor emor, ermor emor, ermor emor.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

jon joe posted:

Ermor

spermor

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

jon joe posted:

Ermor

Counterpoint: Vanheim

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Marignon :colbert:

psudonym55
Nov 23, 2014
Speaking of Marignon. What do people normally use for there expansion armies for La Marignon? I've been trying several different combinations and they all just seem to not do much good.
Is there a particular combination that works well or do people just go for an awake god for expansion?

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

psudonym55 posted:

Speaking of Marignon. What do people normally use for there expansion armies for La Marignon? I've been trying several different combinations and they all just seem to not do much good.
Is there a particular combination that works well or do people just go for an awake god for expansion?

Awake god, huge stacks of Xbows. Marig has a terrible early game vs. anything good against crossbows which is the only reason they aren't top tier. Instead they are bad unless everyone is dumb and fails to attack them.

Don't let LA Marig hit the late game!

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Why won't you just work, borders!? Whyyyy...

Also pictured: skype call summoning me to play league of legends instead of finish debugging. :v:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Corbeau posted:

Also pictured: skype call summoning me to play league of legends instead of finish debugging. :v:

According to the taskbar you had already summoned yourself anyway.

Alumnus Post
Dec 29, 2009

They are weird and troubling. We owe it to our neighbors to kill them.
Pillbug

Chomp8645 posted:

According to the taskbar you had already summoned yourself anyway.

:iceburn:
But in all seriousness, this is so cool. Keep it up.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I'm also logged into battlenet and steam as well as LoL. I just perpetually keep all of the clients online in the background.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

lol @ keeping riot's shittastic client running at all times don't do a doterdon't let our mocking stop you from working on the mapmaker please

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Progress. Probably hosed up the details regarding tiling though.

e: Yup, tiling broke. I know how to fix it, I just don't want to. :v:

e2: Fixed it. I'd been taking a sloppy shortcut and knew it, so I went back and fixed it. Every time something goes wrong it's pretty much always a data structure issue.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 04:17 on May 21, 2015

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

drat son, that's looking fine. I just took a second look and realized it does NESW wraparound too. I'm impressed.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Yeah that's looking pretty great, might want to cut down on the 'hexishness' a little though on the horizontal 'straights' since at the moment its a little excessive with the W shaped province and soforth :v:

That said the 'wobbly hexes' style looks kind of neat in its own right.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
My suggestion would be to switch from a blue-green color pallet to a green-yellow-tan. Then you can easily distinguish water by making them blue.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
He's working on just creating the province shapes themselves atm. They aren't going to stay that color.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I'm open to suggestions on aesthetic style if you can give visual examples. What sticks in my mind is the Myth map:

Nothing's set in stone yet though.

• Locked thread