Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Merrill Grinch posted:

I feel like a low-rent MacGyver this morning, having broken and then fixed the hinge of my PS Gold headset right before the Witcher comes out.

Protip: If your hinge breaks (and it probably will eventually), go get a steel brace for carpentry at a home improvement store about 3 inches by one inch for a buck or two. Bang it into a slightly curved shape with a hammer and then duct-tape the bejesus out of it on the inside of the headphones. It doesn't fold up anymore but it fits perfectly again.

MacGyver would've done that with a bobby pin and a rubber band. You, sir, are a fraud. :colbert:

Thanks for the hint. I'll be keeping that in mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

magimix posted:

Join us in the Trials thread! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3623981

I've not noticed any problems, at the least. Trials Fusion is unambiguously, by far and away, the game I've played most on my PS4. With the very active track-building community it has, I generally play every day, just to keep up with that stuff.

Warning to new players: don't add this guy to your friends list unless you're in the mood to get your soul absolutely crushed by his loving insane leaderboard times :worship:

edit: speaking of leaderboards someone better than me at Resogun should add me at "mattnotgeorge" because I'm at the top of all my friends boards right now in every mode but Survival and it's less fun that way

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I caved and bought a Gold headset, and it is indeed super nice. I'm hearing all kinds of sounds that I guess games don't even output if you're just running stereo speakers instead of virtual surround or whatever? Bloodborne is a whole other experience now.

The custom game preset things you can download are just different EQ settings, right? They each have descriptions like "This was specifically crafted to help hunters survive the hunt at night, to better hear the howling screams of..." :jerkbag: but I figure its just EQ.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I use the share button all the time and its actually awesome :confused: seriously my fav next gen thing

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Samurai Sanders posted:

I thought any time video and image recording was going to be the most awesome thing ever back before the PS4 came out, but for various design and technical reasons I never ended up using it much. The only time I ever push the share button is when I forget it's not a select button.

I keep forgetting I can, which is too bad because this last pvp fight I had in Bloodborne, I bowed respectfully mid-fight right as the other guy crashes his scythe down - and whiffs. :v:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Luckily the record time is pretty generous. I used to forget to use it all the time but I've started taking more screenshots (although the delay is kinda killer).

The video recording though works great for invading somebody in Bloodborne or a good round of pvp in Destiny, I can wait until afterwards and then be like "okay yeah that was cool, record" and it gets the whole thing from the start.

Also good for showing off the longest combos I can do in MKX to my friends on facebook :cheeky:

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Rocket League is the best, holy poo poo.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

EC posted:

It goes down Tuesday :smith:

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006
Has buddy said how much the full version is going to cost? It's a must buy for me.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

After not caring one bit about Witcher 3 I am extremely excited for tomorrow.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

EC posted:

The people who neglect use of the Share button clearly do not have Rocket League.

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006

Harlock posted:

After not caring one bit about Witcher 3 I am extremely excited for 7pm

Agreed. :smug:

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Herr Direktor posted:

Has buddy said how much the full version is going to cost? It's a must buy for me.

"Under $20" and yeah. Same for me and the 5 people I've introduced to it.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

I think I'm going to get the best of two worlds, I bought the Witcher for $53 due to having a (not so legal) US account and I think I'm going to be able to play at midnight GMT due to my hardware clock/time zone :D.

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006

a cop posted:

"Under $20" and yeah. Same for me and the 5 people I've introduced to it.

YESSSSSS!

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Samurai Sanders posted:

I thought any time video and image recording was going to be the most awesome thing ever back before the PS4 came out, but for various design and technical reasons I never ended up using it much. The only time I ever push the share button is when I forget it's not a select button.

I like it for GTAO and the integrated streaming. Archiving and editing recorded video is meh. I'd like to have my capture card setup instead, but that is analog only.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Harlock posted:

After not caring one bit about Witcher 3 I am extremely excited for tomorrow.

It's funny, I have this crazy apprehension about this game as if I'd preordered it with no reviews out there. There are tons of reviews and it is INSANELY positive. (Near perfect.) but I have this weird fear that it's going to be super janky/perform REALLY badly. I want so much for me to be wrong about that...

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Feenix posted:

It's funny, I have this crazy apprehension about this game as if I'd preordered it with no reviews out there. There are tons of reviews and it is INSANELY positive. (Near perfect.) but I have this weird fear that it's going to be super janky/perform REALLY badly. I want so much for me to be wrong about that...

Bad news for you, Digital Foundry at Eurogamer says it's got uneven and strange performance. It runs over 30fps a lot of the time but it's highly variable and not consistent, and has no frame pacing even though it could easily use it. Think along the lines of Bloodborne.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Went and preordered, what the hell. Game of Thrones has kinda been blueballing me this season, so maybe I can get some titty killin' on.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Bad news for you, Digital Foundry at Eurogamer says it's got uneven and strange performance. It runs over 30fps a lot of the time but it's highly variable and not consistent, and has no frame pacing even though it could easily use it. Think along the lines of Bloodborne.

Something to consider is that the game has a day one patch that supposedly will improve some of the kinks.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

That's actually with it installed. It says in the article itself. They compared before and after, and found that some things improved but others were worse.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
The share button during infamous photomode has been the best looking thing on ps4 for me, also the most liberal use of that button (it's too bad sketch isn't as photogenic while absorbing power as delsin)

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

That's actually with it installed. It says in the article itself. They compared before and after, and found that some things improved but others were worse.

Remains to be seen on PC and PS4. XBox has been kind of unique..

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

To be honest... Bloodborne was probably the most encouraging example you could have given. Bloodborne CLEARLY doesn't run perfectly, but you really stop noticing... as a result of the quality of gameplay and the type of game it is.

I guess we'll see tonight... :)

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Takoluka posted:

The people who neglect use of the Share button clearly do not have Rocket League.

Agreed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdQyNanoaxE

I hope they fix latency issues before release though. My ping is rarely below 100, even though I have a decent connection (50/10). Usually it's fine but if 3 or so people join with a high ping the game turns into a janky mess for everyone.

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

*starts humping the air excitedly*

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/18/nobunagas-ambition-sphere-of-influence-announced-for-north-america-and-europe/

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

It's great news to see Nobunaga's Ambition back, especially the full edition and with English voice acting no less. I'm really excited to play that series again, considering the last one to come out here was like on PS2 in 06?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Hungry Computer posted:

Agreed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdQyNanoaxE

I hope they fix latency issues before release though. My ping is rarely below 100, even though I have a decent connection (50/10). Usually it's fine but if 3 or so people join with a high ping the game turns into a janky mess for everyone.

Awesome shot! And I've only had one or two instances of lag. I think they're really testing out the server load.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This looks like it's inspired by the Romance of the Three Kingdoms series?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

It's made by the same people.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I played whatever the last one was on the PlayStation 2, and was so confused by it.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Philthy posted:

Went and preordered, what the hell. Game of Thrones has kinda been blueballing me this season, so maybe I can get some titty killin' on.
What did titties ever do to you? :colbert:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I have it on pc but I've never done Metro 2034 Redux's dlc on ranger mode. I chose to do the Heavy Squad dlc on Ranger mode.

Don't do that.

e: wrong mode

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 21:33 on May 18, 2015

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Got an invite for Planetside 2 beta, which is great with the Rocket League beta ending tomorrow. Anyone play it yet on PS4? Or even on PC? I'm not sure what to expect from this game but the futuristic FPS had me intrigued.

Terraplane
Aug 16, 2007

And when I mash down on your little starter, then your spark plug will give me fire.

Merrill Grinch posted:

I feel like a low-rent MacGyver this morning, having broken and then fixed the hinge of my PS Gold headset right before the Witcher comes out.

Protip: If your hinge breaks (and it probably will eventually), go get a steel brace for carpentry at a home improvement store about 3 inches by one inch for a buck or two. Bang it into a slightly curved shape with a hammer and then duct-tape the bejesus out of it on the inside of the headphones. It doesn't fold up anymore but it fits perfectly again.

Duct tape alone works if you wind it tightly and give it a few layers. I've had both sides of my Gold headset taped up for months now, and it's still holding strong. It looks janky as hell, but it works! Too bad it won't fix the mute button that's wearing out.

Between the headset and the controllers, I have been seriously disappointed by Sony's "quality control" this generation.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lblitzer posted:

Got an invite for Planetside 2 beta, which is great with the Rocket League beta ending tomorrow. Anyone play it yet on PS4? Or even on PC? I'm not sure what to expect from this game but the futuristic FPS had me intrigued.

its bad. years behind the pc version in qol upgrades, runs poorly, and nobody is playing which is the point of the game.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

its bad. years behind the pc version in qol upgrades, runs poorly, and nobody is playing which is the point of the game.

drat, that's too bad. I'm riding off of the hype I got from the PC way back when. Oh well.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

*starts humping everything on the entire planet*

I said come in! posted:

This looks like it's inspired by the Romance of the Three Kingdoms series?

They're almost the same game. They originally came out on the NES way back when and were amazing. Nobanaga's was the best of all of them, IMO. Then they kind of split them up a bit more on the PS2/3 and NA became more of an online game of sorts, while Rot3K went really nerdrific and excel sheetism which took away the simplicity they began with.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 21:45 on May 18, 2015

revolther
May 27, 2008
I like that the two most enjoyable games on the ps4 both started life as UT2003 mods.

Airmech Arena has to be somehow built off of the Herzog Zwei 2k3 beta which eventually made it to alpha on 2k4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

revolther posted:

I like that the two most enjoyable games on the ps4 both started life as UT2003 mods.

I don't think Rocket League or Bloodborne are UT2003 mods.

• Locked thread