Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

zen death robot posted:

This would be a terrific question to post on CDPRs forums about since the physical release has nothing to do with GOG's digital download service and no one here seems to be buying that or knows anything about it. Just a thought.

E: oh nm one guy knew something still go complain to the right people

Thanks for the suggestion, they actually answered it. You don't need to use GOG to download the file for the physical release, you can download it from the website and do whatever you want with it, include giving it to your friend with an ISDN connection (no joke, I know a guy with an ISDN connection). Happy hunting monsters everybody. :)
http://play.thewitcher.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Yep, doesn't matter though, can't play until the official release. GoG refuses to do DRM so the PC version will be very easy to pirate. This is why there are console versions, otherwise Witcher 3 would make no money.

The Witcher 2 DRM was cracked pretty easily and was pirated heavily anyway.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Was showing a friend an old trailer and noticed this - weather systems are cool

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Oh dammit I need a new graphics card. I misread the minimum settings earlier so that german benchmarking site was really depressing.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Schlesische posted:

The important question: will my (needing a clean badly) 780Ti be able to use hairworks.

It is in 3 hours (and 50 minutes). No, they are not. An accurate countdown (for gog imploding) is here http://www.gog.com/

That's not how steam works. If it was 3 hours 50 minutes it would say 4 hours until the very last second it switched to 3 hours. So really steam is saying it will unlock in 2 hours 34 minutes from this post.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Review copy. I write stupid articles about games for this website. They sent us PS4 and PC code, though the PC won't unlock for me until launch.

Geralt starts off as a pretty capable guy. I haven't even invested a skill point yet but right off the bat you're able to do everything you want in combat. Well, most everything, as you don't start with a crossbow. No need to invest to reduce backstab damage or anything like that.

I do think it's interesting that there are skills which can tie into light/medium/heavy armor to provide boosts. The light armor skill increases crits and fast attacks, medium boosts sign damage and stamina regen, and heavy increases health as well as heavy attacks.

EDIT: Earlier I mentioned crashing while playing Gwent on PS4. I recreated the crash. It seems to happen consistently (in the tutorial match, at least) if you tap the triangle button instead of holding it down to pass your turn.
Thank you for your response!

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW

Ravenfood posted:

Oh dammit I need a new graphics card. I misread the minimum settings earlier so that german benchmarking site was really depressing.

How much would you pay for a used 7950? I was thinking of making a listing over on SA Mart later today.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I'm going to play the video game, the witcher 3, when it comes out.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

No, you aren't.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I, too, am going to play the videogame Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, upon release.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Man, it's kinda funny how that go your way trailer made me go from not knowing who ciri and yennifer were to actually caring about them.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bort Bortles posted:

I, too, am going to play the videogame Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, upon release.

Nope.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I am playing this tomorrow

net cafe scandal posted:

No, you aren't.

:eyepop:

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
I still don't care about Ciri and Yennefer but I assume I will once I also play the game The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

net cafe scandal posted:

No, you aren't.

drat..

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Didn't you guys hear, Witcher 3 was downgraded from a video game to a piece of toast. The graphics aren't as good, but now you can spread jam on it! Or butter! Or both! It's your choice

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Slate Action posted:

Didn't you guys hear, Witcher 3 was downgraded from a video game to a piece of toast. The graphics aren't as good, but now you can spread jam on it! Or butter! Or both! It's your choice

What about cream cheese. This is very important.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I'm going to play the witcher 3 wild hunt in a marathon session so long I die from it like I am in a pc cafe in korea.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I think you mean Witcher: The Wild III Hunt

Slate Action posted:

Didn't you guys hear, Witcher 3 was downgraded from a video game to a piece of toast. The graphics aren't as good, but now you can spread jam on it! Or butter! Or both! It's your choice.

No Nutella? I'd rather not choose at all.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Spikeguy posted:

Cream cheese is not a valid choice. Riot in the streets.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

cheesetriangles posted:

That's not how steam works. If it was 3 hours 50 minutes it would say 4 hours until the very last second it switched to 3 hours. So really steam is saying it will unlock in 2 hours 34 minutes from this post.

I can only think of one time where I've been awake during a steam unlock period.
That time the game I was waiting for was delayed.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Yep, doesn't matter though, can't play until the official release. GoG refuses to do DRM so the PC version will be very easy to pirate. This is why there are console versions, otherwise Witcher 3 would make no money.

Yep, no money.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Spikeguy posted:

First expansion, $14.99.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

cheesetriangles posted:

I'm going to play the witcher 3 wild hunt in a marathon session so long I die from it like I am in a pc cafe in korea.

Unlikely.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Rude.

Slate Action posted:

So you're saying the game entertains me AND feeds me?!?

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Slate Action posted:

If you pick jam, a bunch of orphans die in act 3.

:magical:quest design:magical:

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

cheesetriangles posted:

This is how I will play, and I will be drinking every time I use a potion. On death march.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

GrossMurpel posted:

No Nutella? I'd rather not choose at all.

Nutella wants to genocide people with nut allergies. You are a monster.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Gamestar captured some dual monitor panorama shots:

Oh, and of all the familiar faces in the latest trailer, no one mentions motherfuckin' LETHO?

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Finally the truth emerges: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-graphics-performance-and-tweaking-guide

Orv
May 4, 2011

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

If you pick jam, a bunch of orphans die in act 3.

:magical:quest design:magical:

That orphanage looked at me funny.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

mcbexx posted:

Gamestar captured some dual monitor panorama shots:

Oh, and of all the familiar faces in the latest trailer, no one mentions motherfuckin' LETHO?

Looks like Oblivion

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid

Nice quotes in here:

quote:

Like every multi-platform game, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt looks, runs and plays best on PC.

quote:

The solution? NVIDIA HairWorks, which adds tens of thousands of DirectX 11, tessellated hair strands to characters, each reacting realistically to movement and external forces.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Another (german) Gamestar article comparing the graphical features in detail with comparison sliders.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 21:01 on May 18, 2015

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Do I buy it for PS4 or Xbox One?

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese
OK, so... The Witcher 3 unlocked early for me and I'm about 3 minutes into the game before I decided to turn it off. I can't play a game in 2015 that looks like loving Morrowind. LMAO what a disaster.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I miss the mountains from the 2013 trailer. They looked a lot better, but that could have been post-processing since they looked picture perfect. Also that persistent slight white fog that was added in between (I'm not talking about the clouds near the ground, it is more like Fallout 3 and new vegas fog). It makes sense that it is there, but I don't like it.

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

I had that weird dream again.

mcbexx posted:

Letho looks awesome but I've suspected for a long time he would be in the game. If you look at the Sword of Destiny Trailer at 32s who else would that be on the right with the roid muscles?

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

Do I buy it for PS4 or Xbox One?

The Bone version apparently has some frame pacing issues because they didn't lock it at 30fps or something, although most people (e.g. Giant Bomb) that have played it say that it's alright. If you have the choice, PS4 is apparently the way to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Why are you spoiler-tagging the eponymous assassin of kings who has been confirmed for 2 years?