Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Looks like the game unlocked early for me... but I'm sorry to say, the graphical downgrade really is loving atrocious. This is not a joke - the game is visually indistinguishable from 1996's The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
I appreciate two obvious retards making the same joke in five minutes, thank you.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

net cafe scandal posted:

Looks like the game unlocked early for me... but I'm sorry to say, the graphical downgrade really is loving atrocious. This is not a joke - the game is visually indistinguishable from 1996's The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall.

no doubt the game world is smaller than daggerfall's as well

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Spikeguy posted:

What about cream cheese. This is very important.

Cream cheese day 1 patch is forthcoming.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

g-c posted:

OK, so... The Witcher 3 unlocked early for me and I'm about 3 minutes into the game before I decided to turn it off. I can't play a game in 2015 that looks like loving Morrowind. LMAO what a disaster.

Are people making fake posts to poo poo on the thread in response to the sincere posts made to poo poo on the thread

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
My reaction to this thread

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

Are people making fake posts to poo poo on the thread in response to the sincere posts made to poo poo on the thread

postception, but for retards.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

jokes, they're called jokes, people are making jokes on the comedy forum that make light of the very serious issue of the 70s-era ascii graphics

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

jokes, they're called jokes, people are making jokes on the comedy forum that make light of the very serious issue of the 70s-era ascii graphics

jokes, but for retards. Constant repetitive identical retard jokes.

We may as well just be quoting the 'orange you glad I didn't say banana' knock knock joke for 30 pages.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

Do I buy it for PS4 or Xbox One?

Always go for PS4, it is simply more powerful.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It's the same joke over and over again

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

retard jokes ar best jokes

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill
I'm gay.

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese
Jokes for retards in a thread full of horse retard level posting.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

g-c posted:

Jokes for retards in a thread full of horse retard level posting.

We know about you, but we're also talking about everyone else.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Drifter posted:

We may as well just be quoting the 'orange you glad I didn't say banana' knock knock joke for 30 pages.

I loving love that joke, and it would've made the first 15 pages of this thread better.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Drifter posted:

As opposed to informative discussion about the game that's not out? This thread will have content in about 3 hours but I'm not sure what you expected when you clicked on it.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

http://giant.gfycat.com/AccurateFloweryHydatidtapeworm.webm

They have simulation disabled in your gif.

2 hours :dance:

Heliosicle fucked around with this message at 21:08 on May 18, 2015

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Probably a stupid question, but will my newest Witcher 2 autosave be the endgame save I need to import?

Junkenstein fucked around with this message at 21:10 on May 18, 2015

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

There are some skills that directly impact signs, though, and a medium armor specialty skill that makes all signs more powerful while increasing your regen rate. Usually I focus on melee in these sorts of games but I'm thinking about going deep down the magic and bombs route.
Goons need to post screenshots of every new armor appearance so I can min-max my build to match the best looking armor.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

Do I buy it for PS4 or Xbox One?

If you don't have a gaming PC, the ps4 is the way to go. This works with any game really.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Junkenstein posted:

Probably a stupid question, but will my newest Witcher 2 save be the endgame save I need to import?

Yes, it's the very last autosave. If you load it up, it should immediately cut to the ending movie.
You could theoretically load an earlier save but you'd lose choices.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

mcbexx posted:

Oh, and of all the familiar faces in the latest trailer, no one mentions motherfuckin' LETHO?

Might be because he was glimpsed in an early trailer.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

Junkenstein posted:

Probably a stupid question, but will my newest Witcher 2 save be the endgame save I need to import?

It'll be an autosave that loads into the credits, but not necessarily the most recent if you played since you finished it.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

g-c posted:

OK, so... The Witcher 3 unlocked early for me and I'm about 3 minutes into the game before I decided to turn it off. I can't play a game in 2015 that looks like loving Morrowind. LMAO what a disaster.

Man you're not kidding, Geralt looks so weird now!

(Witcher 3 on Ultra Super Duper High Settings)

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Kimmalah posted:

Joke aside I miss this game and should probably do a playthrough of it sometime in the near futureish.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Kimmalah posted:

uh fly away troll, that's clearly with the hair effects turned off.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Orv posted:

I appreciate two obvious retards making the same joke in five minutes, thank you.

You did name this thread, correct?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Ice Fist posted:

Joke aside I miss this game and should probably do a playthrough of it sometime in the near futureish.

I love Elder Scrolls but I still have such a hard time getting into it because it really hasn't aged well (mechanics-wise anyway, plot and setting is still great).

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ice Fist posted:

Morrowind modding thread is pretty useful if you have trouble with anything, mods or otherwise.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

zen death robot posted:

Oh god, if you don't have an Nvidia 970 or Titan it's even worse:

Hyperbole is always fun!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Kimmalah posted:

I love Elder Scrolls but I still have such a hard time getting into it because it really hasn't aged well (mechanics-wise anyway, plot and setting is still great).

Yeah it's like, the series has had systemic issues forever and they're just...not ever addressed because they sell enough regardless. What I wouldn't give for dark souls engine morrowind.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Kimmalah posted:

Is this really what morrowind looked like? loving hell nostalgia's a goddamn monster.

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese

Kimmalah posted:

This is Geralt on Schmedium settings:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Imagine if this game didn't look like loving Elder Scrolls Arena and had the combat system of Dark Souls, as well as the lighting engine of Metal Gear Solid V.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

morrowind came out in 2002. It's contemporaries looked like this:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Is that supposed to be better or worse?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

morrowind came out in 2002. It's contemporaries looked like this:

Yeah, I was in 8th grade when TES3 happened. It feels like only yesterday...

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Spikeguy posted:

Is that supposed to be better or worse?

I left no judgement on purpose and took another game with good graphics from that time - just providing a basis for comparison. You can decide which it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
Does anything from Witcher 1 get carried over through a Witcher 2 save file? Specifically saving Adda since I think they defaulted to her being dead in Witcher 2 if you did not import a save.