Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"haha just kidding i'm your dad now"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I think Renards state of mind is going to be a major plot point. He came to terms with his status in the chapter with the other demon doll and now that Annie's abandoned him to her father he's going to go through that battle again. Does he revert to the "demon Reynardine" or does he retain his "humanity"?

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Tollymain posted:

Holy poo poo, hahaha drat. Now THAT'D be a comic.

EDIT: Realizing that this your post could be interpreted two ways. Your joke was probably actually "anthony says this to kat". But I interpreted it as "renard has possessed anthony, and this is his hosed up jokey way of breaking the news".

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 13:35 on May 18, 2015

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

This dinner is going to be Rocky Horror levels of awkward

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

YF-23 posted:

I wonder if Renard not cooperating means he remains in doll mode or that he's just chilling out in Anthony's place doing whatever.

He's probably peeing on everything he can find.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Finally I can breath a sigh of relief that something about Renard has been answered

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

Donny chats excitedly with Anthony about the technical issues of getting Rey to obey and promises to share his etheric research data. Everyone else sits in stony silence. Then Annie and Anthony leaves.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

mr. stefan posted:

She already told Renard that he was free to leave whenever he wished chapters and chapters ago :ssh:

I'm actually legit surprised nobody has brought it up because its a legitimate sign that Annie's (and therefore Anthony's) control over Renard is no longer as absolute as it once was.

In that case my theory is that when Kat helped Annie move her stuff she brought along one of her Solid Snake action figures and Renard moved to it when nobody else was looking. This explains the chapter title, the rest of the chapter will be Solid Fox on a sneaking mission to figure out what Anthony's really up to

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
I didn't realize until now that Annie parts her hair the same way her dad does. That's kinda funny

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I'm waiting for the really anime scene where Annie gets her cojones back and makes her hair do the fire thing and afterwards her hair is magically back to full length

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Tollymain posted:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I hope they have a wonderful dinner and squash some of their beefs.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Tollymain posted:

That would simultaneously be the best and the worst thing.

The best thing for fans of the comic because gently caress Antony, the worst thing for Annie because it'd be like when Reynardine posessed Danny all over again.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Ah, the first good thing to happen in two chapters. Annie can't give up Renard, not of her own true free will. She thinks she can, but she can't. There's hope for her yet.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Christ I hate his loving eyes

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Kikas posted:

Phew. Renard is alive.

Actually the reason he doesn't respond to commands is because he's dead, Anthony thinks he's just faking it and staying in doll form but he's dead.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I wonder if Renard's invited to dinner too.

e: oh, it seems he isn't.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
I really hope Anthony is stuck dealing with "little poo poo Reynard" rather than "inanimate stuffed doll" or "wolf Reynardine". It would serve him right.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

"Surma never loved you!"
"Oh yeah? Well Surma never loved you either!"
"Another beer?"
"OK"

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

"Renard. I am starting to consider that you are doing this to spite me. This is not acceptable."

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Tony & Renard would be good sitcom material.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Rei_ posted:

Christ I love his loving eyes

ftfy

Razor Jacksuit
Mar 31, 2007

VEES RULE #1

Fister Roboto posted:

I hope they have a wonderful dinner and squash some of their beefs.

So you're saying you want Tony locked in a burning room?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's certainly a likely outcome.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Kat will abduct Anthony and replace him by a robot of her own design.

Nobody will know the difference.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

:sbahj:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Cat Mattress posted:

Kat will abduct Anthony and replace him by a robot of her own design.

Nobody will know the difference.

No, everyone will know the difference because the robot is much more loving and social.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Tony you are BLOWING it with this... SLUNTY FOX? :sbahj:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Is it me or are the female agents quieter? Prism is stepping around with jog not alerting anyone to anything. When Xu runs the exact same path he's stomping like a german soldier on a hellmarch and alerting guards everywhere.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Demiurge4 posted:

Is it me or are the female agents quieter? Prism is stepping around with jog not alerting anyone to anything. When Xu runs the exact same path he's stomping like a german soldier on a hellmarch and alerting guards everywhere.

????????????

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Demiurge4 posted:

I'd play the hay-ell out of an Invisible Inc./Gunnerkrigg Court mash-up. Especially since the current plot is so clearly a hostage rescue mission.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

Oh god I hope so. I wonder if any other guests have been invited?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Reynard will be there, as the chair from the chapter image. He glued a pair of hobby shop googly eyes to them when nobody was looking and zapped into it

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

dragon enthusiast posted:

Reynard will be there, as the chair from the chapter image. He glued a pair of hobby shop googly eyes to them when nobody was looking and zapped into it

But that would mean the doll's dead. :ohdear:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
When did Annie say Reynard was free to go?

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013
This page:

http://gunnerkrigg.com/?p=848

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Itzena posted:

Oh god I hope so. I wonder if any other guests have been invited?

"Hello Tony soo nice to see you again! This is an intervention."

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Bilirubin posted:

"Hello Tony soo nice to see you again! This is an intervention."
(Eglamore, up until hidden behind the door, closes it behind Tony and Annie silently)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

When does that compare to the last time we saw the alchemical antimony symbol on his forehead?