Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ugh just rgb mod your 64, buy a framemeister upscaler and run it to your TV jeez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

ChaosArgate posted:

Yes, this is a viable option for people who play on screens that only have HDMI in.

I love "just play it on the original console" arguments because they never take into account that maybe people don't have immediate access to all their childhood consoles.

My N64 is in an attic 2000 miles away, thanks for the advice!

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Ugh just rgb mod your 64, buy a framemeister upscaler and run it to your TV jeez

That sounds complicated.

Just buy a CRT TV. They're like $5 at your local thrift store, jeez

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Mercury Crusader posted:

That sounds complicated.

Those are heavy and some people might not have the space for one.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
It still strikes me as funny that Nintendo was the first company to release an HDMI-only console. The last company to use cartridges; notoriously behind the times when it comes to online features.

Also the first to require (for 5.1 sound) a fancy receiver capable of accepting uncompressed surround audio channels, but I believe that's just because they didn't want to pay the fees for Dolby sound formats.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Minidust posted:

It still strikes me as funny that Nintendo was the first company to release an HDMI-only console. The last company to use cartridges; notoriously behind the times when it comes to online features.

Also the first to require (for 5.1 sound) a fancy receiver capable of accepting uncompressed surround audio channels, but I believe that's just because they didn't want to pay the fees for Dolby sound formats.

...What? Are you talking about the Wii U? Because there's analog AV out on it. I needed to use it for a few months because I have my systems connected to a 1440p monitor that doesn't have audio out, so I needed to wire audio out from that port to my speakers.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Sarchasm posted:

We can't help it that you have made terrible life choices

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

ChaosArgate posted:

...What? Are you talking about the Wii U? Because there's analog AV out on it. I needed to use it for a few months because I have my systems connected to a 1440p monitor that doesn't have audio out, so I needed to wire audio out from that port to my speakers.
Ah, I should have said "out of the box".

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Sarchasm posted:

I love "just play it on the original console" arguments because they never take into account that maybe people don't have immediate access to all their childhood consoles.

that's a stupid place to keep your own n64

Mercury Crusader posted:

That sounds complicated.

they're actually hella free on craigslist

ChaosArgate posted:

Those are heavy and some people might not have the space for one.

people don't live in african huts, they have space

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
I'm wavering on whether to get the Puzzle & Dragons bundle or not. Someone convince me one way or the other, please.

I don't own an iphone or tablet device.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

noirstronaut posted:

people don't live in african huts, they have space
Not everyone lives in their parents' spacious home in the burbs.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

I'm wavering on whether to get the Puzzle & Dragons bundle or not. Someone convince me one way or the other, please.

I don't own an iphone or tablet device.

I really like the base gameplay mechanic in PD. I am excited to see it in a game that's not built to be a F2P whale-hunter.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

SRM posted:

Not everyone lives in their parents' spacious home in the burbs.

i'd imagine if you can pay $10 to join an online forum you can afford to live in a place that isn't the size of a janitor's closet

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

noirstronaut posted:

i'd imagine if you can pay $10 to join an online forum you can afford to live in a place that isn't the size of a janitor's closet

A one-time $10 entertainment expenditure does not equal ongoing rent/mortgage payments.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I live in a rather spacious apartment but I had a hell of a time convincing my wife that I should keep an old CRT setup out in the open. Ideally I'd have a second but one must learn to choose battles carefully.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

jivjov posted:

A one-time $10 entertainment expenditure does not equal ongoing rent/mortgage payments.

The $1k+ a month it costs to live in most metropolitan areas is literally the same as a one time charge of $10

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Minidust posted:

I live in a rather spacious apartment but I had a hell of a time convincing my wife that I should keep an old CRT setup out in the open.

That's why they invented man caves.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

jivjov posted:

you wouldn't pay $10 to post on a forum if you could only afford a closet sized apartment

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Living with your parents is cool.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

you wouldn't pay $10 to post on a forum if you could only afford a closet sized apartment

Some people got their account as a gift or bought it when they had more money to spare.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

ChaosArgate posted:

Some people got their account as a gift or bought it when they had more money to spare.

If they had instead invested that money wisely, they too would now be living in spacious apartments.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

ChaosArgate posted:

should've gotten a crt instead

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Can I buy Nintendo food?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

elf help book posted:

Can I buy Nintendo food?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The tips on that box taught me how to get to the minus world.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Shut up, Link. You shouldn't talk! :mad:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

greatn posted:

The tips on that box taught me how to get to the minus world.
I can't believe Nintendo cereal would teach kids such hosed up things.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
Well, excuuuse me, breakfast! :haw:

Heh, I'd forgotten the Nintendo cereal existed, much less that the box had helpful info. :v:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

That and the cereal for the first Burton Batman film are fond memories from my childhood.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Nintendo should bring back the cereal. If they are going to revive the world championship, then they should go the whole hog.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I remember my parents buying the Addams Family movie cereal on clearance and it tasting terrible. :sigh:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

In Europe we had 50Hz games and no Nintendo cereal. :(

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

irlZaphod posted:

In Europe we had 50Hz games and no Nintendo cereal. :(

That's what you get for not living in :911:

Sorry to hear that. That sucks.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

lmao

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
Tecmo Bowl's been rated in Australia, which looks like the first time it'll be on the PAL VC.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NA dudes, Natsume's doing another sale:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Prices on the Natsume sales:

Yumi's Odd Odyssey - $9.99
Reel Fishing 3D Paradise Mini - $1.99
Reel Fishing 3D Paradise - $9.99
Hometown Story - $9.99
Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns - $9.99
Harvest Moon: A New Beginning - $19.99
Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove Mini - $1.99
Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove 3D - $9.99

Cooking Mama 4/Gardening Mama 2 are $4.99 and Cooking Mama 5 is $9.99, too, if you care about those.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Prices on the Natsume sales:

Yumi's Odd Odyssey - $9.99
Reel Fishing 3D Paradise Mini - $1.99
Reel Fishing 3D Paradise - $9.99
Hometown Story - $9.99
Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns - $9.99
Harvest Moon: A New Beginning - $19.99
Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove Mini - $1.99
Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove 3D - $9.99

Cooking Mama 4/Gardening Mama 2 are $4.99 and Cooking Mama 5 is $9.99, too, if you care about those.

Can anybody speak to whether any of these games are worth getting? I have Yumi's Odd Odyssey and I've mostly heard that A New Beginning is kinda crummy, but other than that I don't really know these games.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Any chance in hell PALland is going to get some of those prices?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Spoderman posted:

Can anybody speak to whether any of these games are worth getting? I have Yumi's Odd Odyssey and I've mostly heard that A New Beginning is kinda crummy, but other than that I don't really know these games.

You named the two worth getting. A New Beginning is fine but Story Of Seasons is an all-around better version of the same general game, from what I gather.

Spiteski posted:

Any chance in hell PALland is going to get some of those prices?

The PAL versions of those games are published by other people, so probably not.