Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I set one up a few weeks ago and Streetpass games are all my girlfriend and I have been playing. Be warned if you have other games you're playing, they will be forgotten.

This was me for like 3 weeks and I work a lot so I quit so I could get back to playing other stuff. Streetpass games are neat but should be quicker to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

absolutely anything posted:

i love to pirate and steal Video Games

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fix posted:

My goodness, this A-Train City Simulator game is way good. Great tutorial ramp-up and all around high-performing. It is exactly what I was afraid it was going to be.

Does that game ever go on sale, out of curiosity?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I like the amount of streetpasses I get, I can fill up a queue in a week which is about how often I want to play streetpass games

since Stretchmo just came out I'm working on finishing up Pushmo so I can play Crashmo and goddamn did the last 4 or so murals in Pushmo make me feel like a loving genius

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Natsume does sales every now and again but A-Train has only been out for a few weeks, don't expect a sale any time soon.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Atelier Rorona Plus - Premium Box:

I'm still amused this is a thing: a fourth version of the Rorona game, but this time it's in 3D!... and chibi, I guess.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm actually tempted to buy it a third time too. :(

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm actually tempted to buy it a third time too. :(

I am tempted to buy it for the first time myself.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Terper posted:

I am tempted to buy it for the first time myself.

buy one of the good versions on the ps3/vita, and then return it and buy atelier ayesha instead

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I don't have a PS3 where I currently live, and I don't have a vita, so no.

e: Please port them to Steam, japanese game developers.

Terper fucked around with this message at 14:55 on May 18, 2015

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Housh posted:

My question is: besides all the Mii Plaza games which I am starting to get close to finishing what are some other games with great implementation of street/spot pass?
Link Between Worlds has a battle mode against a Dark Link based on each person you've gone by, and they have a bounty level. You get a neat little duel against someone else with the items they were carrying and you get rupees at the end of it.

Shovel Knight has a Streetpass Arena where you basically record your movements three times for a few seconds each, and then your three pre-recorded movements go against someone else's pre-recorded movements and if you win you get money. It's less interactive but still kinda neat.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf let's you visit their house and buy their furniture.

Most other ones are just a random power up in a level or something.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

SRM posted:

Link Between Worlds has a battle mode against a Dark Link based on each person you've gone by, and they have a bounty level. You get a neat little duel against someone else with the items they were carrying and you get rupees at the end of it.

Shovel Knight has a Streetpass Arena where you basically record your movements three times for a few seconds each, and then your three pre-recorded movements go against someone else's pre-recorded movements and if you win you get money. It's less interactive but still kinda neat.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf let's you visit their house and buy their furniture.

Most other ones are just a random power up in a level or something.

Smash Bros has a knockout game where you control a little puck with a character icon on it and knock the pick of whoever you've met off the board for trophies and unlocks. It's not that impressive with one or two, but this past weekend I was on a bus that stopped at the convention center in Chicago where they were holding some anime convention and suddenly I had a 12 man dogpile match that was actually pretty goddamn fun.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Saoshyant posted:

I'm still amused this is a thing: a fourth version of the Rorona game, but this time it's in 3D!... and chibi, I guess.

Totori chan is better. I eagerly await the chibi version of that.

edit: okay Totori is in the game, good enough for now. :)

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 16:06 on May 18, 2015

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Fuzz posted:

Smash Bros has a knockout game where you control a little puck with a character icon on it and knock the pick of whoever you've met off the board for trophies and unlocks. It's not that impressive with one or two, but this past weekend I was on a bus that stopped at the convention center in Chicago where they were holding some anime convention and suddenly I had a 12 man dogpile match that was actually pretty goddamn fun.

The problem is you need it to really be full to be much fun, and even then the match is over in seconds.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Saoshyant posted:

This is apparently an SRPG, it seems. ...is it any good?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Volt Catfish posted:

Totori chan is better. I eagerly await the chibi version of that.

edit: okay Totori is in the game, good enough for now. :)

I want a Mimi keychain.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Sade posted:

This was me for like 3 weeks and I work a lot so I quit so I could get back to playing other stuff. Streetpass games are neat but should be quicker to play.

What's sad is I initially misinterpreted what you "quit" to free up gametime for a second but I didn't even blink, I was just like yeah that's something someone on the internet would do.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

This is apparently an SRPG, it seems. ...is it any good?

It's not an SRPG it's a standard JRPG with a huge emphasis on crafting items (you play as an alchemist so it's pretty much your job). No idea how well the 3DS version is going to hold up to the PS3/Vitsa versions but assuming its well then it's a fun game though not quite as good at later entries in the series, as long a you can stand super anime cuteness and don't mind time management, since the main story revolves around you acquiring/making certain items within a (very generous) time limit.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Sakurazuka posted:

It's not an SRPG it's a standard JRPG with a huge emphasis on crafting items (you play as an alchemist so it's pretty much your job). No idea how well the 3DS version is going to hold up to the PS3/Vitsa versions but assuming its well then it's a fun game though not quite as good at later entries in the series, as long a you can stand super anime cuteness and don't mind time management, since the main story revolves around you acquiring/making certain items within a (very generous) time limit.

Oh. The battle system that I saw in a video had squares, I thought it was a SRPG. :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just checked a video and it looks like they've changed the combat a bit (or my memory is failing me), but it's probably more like standard JRPG combat only you get to move around the field on a grid rather than a full on SRPG.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Sade posted:

I like the fact that you can't plow through those games unless you set up an auto-rotating Homepass and binge. I'm especially loving the hell out of Ultimate Angler now, and I can't help but think that those who are already rank 30+ have ruined the game for themselves. With my static Homepass of 6 visitors every 8 hours, I'll easily be playing that game a year from now. Hell I still enjoy Flower Town, and have a half dozen or so hats left in Find Mii 2.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Oh. The battle system that I saw in a video had squares, I thought it was a SRPG. :(

That doesn't mean the game isn't fun. It is built around making items and the character interactions more than combat though.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I'm pretty sure the same thought passed through every lonely nerd's head at the same time. That said, I don't know if I feel any better about myself that I thought it ironically.

:negative:

Also, I played Mana Khemia on the PS2, how close to that is the Atelier series?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mana Khemia is a more combat and story focused Atelier spin off, actual Atelier games are much more focused on the crafting and character interaction, combat is usually fairly simple unless you're going for post game super bosses.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it kinda depends, i'd say by eschatology and shallie that the combat in atelier is pretty similar to mana khemia

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oops, yeah, I meant more the earlier trilogy.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
So... No one on this page is posting ironically?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Many people genuinely enjoy Atelier games, yes

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Atelier is cool

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I only post from the heart

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

People really seem to like these games...Most be those Boring Trolls riling poo poo up again.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

we're all saying how good it is so you can buy it sight unseen and then post about how you hate us

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
people don't enjoy video games where i come from
my penis

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
So if I understand right, the Atelier games are like Recettear? In that they're RPGs with more of a focus on sort of "being an NPC" (an item crafter in this case)?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jsor posted:

So if I understand right, the Atelier games are like Recettear? In that they're RPGs with more of a focus on sort of "being an NPC" (an item crafter in this case)?
Recettear is inspired by Atelier, but the Atelier games for the most part are more actively RPGs than Recettear was. They're not shopkeeping simulators.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Awesome! posted:

we're all saying how good it is so you can buy it sight unseen and then post about how you hate us

Fortunately I learned enough about it that I'll be protected.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I played an atelier game once, I didn't like it, I will probably not play the new atelier 3DS game, I hope any that do enjoy it if it is good for them tho

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

There is a man that posts in this very topic about his undying love for Senran Kagura, and you're wondering if we're posting ironically about a crafting RPG?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Is this game creepy levels of anime or tolerable levels? And is there romance/if so can you be a lady/if so can you be gay/etc

tbph I just want a game on my 3DS where I can date cute ladies and also be a lady. Why is life so hard :(