Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if the game being "good" or not "immediately obsolete" or "worth the money" are factors that are important to you, you should never buy a wwe game, no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I remember really liking Raw 2 and whatever Smackdown game was out at the same time, I guess things change :smith:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

1st AD posted:

Oh cool so I probably shouldn't have bought 2k15 for PC then.

Were you expecting them to not stick to the same release schedule they've had for the last 10 years or something?

Anyway, I did a springboard clothesline to John Cena in a tables match. He was holding a table, and somehow it ended up with me going through it and losing.

Never bet against the Champ.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

1st AD posted:

I remember really liking Raw 2

:stare:

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

triplexpac posted:

Were you expecting them to not stick to the same release schedule they've had for the last 10 years or something?

Anyway, I did a springboard clothesline to John Cena in a tables match. He was holding a table, and somehow it ended up with me going through it and losing.

Never bet against the Champ.
I think the game actually keeps track of that stuff, though going through a table via reversal (running corner attack or high flying move) don't count for whatever reason. I played Ambrose vs. Rollins in a table match and Ambrose lost when he performed a superplex to a poorly placed table outside - he went through the table, Rollins didn't. It was hilarious.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

I think the game actually keeps track of that stuff, though going through a table via reversal (running corner attack or high flying move) don't count for whatever reason. I played Ambrose vs. Rollins in a table match and Ambrose lost when he performed a superplex to a poorly placed table outside - he went through the table, Rollins didn't. It was hilarious.

Seems legit, didn't Sheamus win his first title thanks to Cena falling through a table?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Gough Suppressant posted:

Seems legit, didn't Sheamus win his first title thanks to Cena falling through a table?

He pushed him off the top rope through that table :colbert:

It also had a great piece of storytelling go by the wayside: Cena got back into the ring & pocketed a piece of the table as a memento of when he overlooked a challenger and lost the title as a result, but it's long since forgotten.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

oldskool posted:

He pushed him off the top rope through that table :colbert:

It also had a great piece of storytelling go by the wayside: Cena got back into the ring & pocketed a piece of the table as a memento of when he overlooked a challenger and lost the title as a result, but it's long since forgotten.

He should have pulled the splinter out of his jorts and stabbed Rusev with it in the I Quit match, while eating an apple for a double callback

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

What's the deal with 2k14 freezing up when trying to do Royal Rumbles or whatever in Universe mode? I was able to do one last week, but now it's just choking. Something about made-up titles or something?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

To be fair, Raw 2 is the classic example of a good bad game.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I liked it when you can drop boxes on people.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Steve Vader posted:

What's the deal with 2k14 freezing up when trying to do Royal Rumbles or whatever in Universe mode? I was able to do one last week, but now it's just choking. Something about made-up titles or something?
2k14 is unstable in general when dealing with multi-man matches but the title might be the crux of the matter here

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Yukes wrestling games are unstable in general. For a pretty solid run of playing recently my reason for stopping and doing something else was 2K14 or 15 just freezing randomly.

On last gen, for a couple of years now you can have falls count anywhere matches in universe, even though they are not matches you can book yourself. They were removed when match editing was introduced a few years back because they became redundant due to the falls count anywhere option being in the editor. Because they were removed the options for them cant be edited permanently, meaning if you decided to turn off replays for instance, you will be stuck with them there unless you edit them every time. I turn off replays because they tend to be a hotspot for freezing. Additionally, Universe mode has a fetish for Falls count anywhere matches and almost books them as much as submission matches.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 04:23 on May 19, 2015

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I really do wish it approached universe mode in a different way, instead of having Cena fight Lesnar every week for three months straight broken up by the occasional tag match or interference. And almost never having gimmick matches on TV.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I really like how in 2K15 you can download a CAW of, say, Seth Rollin's new attire, and then assign that to the actual character as an alternate attire.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

triplexpac posted:

I really like how in 2K15 you can download a CAW of, say, Seth Rollin's new attire, and then assign that to the actual character as an alternate attire.

Wait, you can??????

How?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Couldn't you always do this, or at least in 2K14 as well? I think as long as the attire was created in Superstar Heads you can always use it as an alt attire, whether you downloaded it or made it yourself.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

flashy_mcflash posted:

Couldn't you always do this, or at least in 2K14 as well? I think as long as the attire was created in Superstar Heads you can always use it as an alt attire, whether you downloaded it or made it yourself.

Maybe you could! I didn't play that much 2K14.

The Superstar Heads thing does create some limitations though. Can't give Cody a Stardust attire, or Sting a Wolfpac one.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I was looking into picking up 2k15 this week but then I started playing Fire Pro and fell in love with it all over again. Anyone know if there's still a semi-active community for it anywhere?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I can't help but laugh when the WWE 2K15 commentary goes off on tangents about stuff happening years ago.

King is REALLY CONCERNED that everyone knows that Dolph does stand up comedy in his spare time. He brought it up like 3 times in one match. And who could forget the incredible Ziggler vs Daniel Bryan match from Bragging Rights 2010??

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

triplexpac posted:

And who could forget the incredible Ziggler vs Daniel Bryan match from Bragging Rights 2010??

I 100% agree with your point but that match was super duper rad, and deserves to be pointed to as such.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
lol:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

triplexpac posted:

I can't help but laugh when the WWE 2K15 commentary goes off on tangents about stuff happening years ago.

King is REALLY CONCERNED that everyone knows that Dolph does stand up comedy in his spare time. He brought it up like 3 times in one match. And who could forget the incredible Ziggler vs Daniel Bryan match from Bragging Rights 2010??

But did he execute his move with force... and veloca-tee?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

And he's a left arrow too! best may 19th ever :woop:

RTG theme seems to be GMs/authority figures. Which reminded me that Zack Ryder got to GM an episode of Smackdown one time.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 22:32 on May 19, 2015

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

weekly font posted:

I was looking into picking up 2k15 this week but then I started playing Fire Pro and fell in love with it all over again. Anyone know if there's still a semi-active community for it anywhere?

http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/

there's also a subreddit but last time I saw anyone post in it, it was just guys from FPWArena

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

triplexpac posted:

Playing 2K14, and in a tag match with Big E, with King and Cole on commentary. He kicks out of pin, King and Cole are rambling on, when suddenly, JR (!) says "Big E kicks out of that pin."

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Davros1 posted:

Playing 2K14, and in a tag match with Big E, with King and Cole on commentary. He kicks out of pin, King and Cole are rambling on, when suddenly, JR (!) says "Big E kicks out of that pin."

JR sounding a proper call halfway across the country through sheer willpower alone

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Looks like Kane spent some of that big corporate paycheque on a robot eye.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I absolutely love that there are occasional JR calls for guys who weren't even in the game last time he was a regular in game announcer.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Blasmeister posted:

RTG theme seems to be GMs/authority figures. Which reminded me that Zack Ryder got to GM an episode of Smackdown one time.

shoulda made a drat Brad Maddox card

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
I finally got a Survivor Diva card.

It was Cameron.

Ah well, maybe I'll eventually feed her to the fusion machine and see what happens.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

TheHock posted:

I finally got a Survivor Diva card.

It was Cameron.

Ah well, maybe I'll eventually feed her to the fusion machine and see what happens.

I've gotten SV Cameron from board pulls or KOTR rewards five or six times. I now hate her.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Beta is up for a custom entrance theme injector tool.

http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?1875696-WIP-Custom-Entrance-Sound-Replacer-Injector-Tool

I now walk to the ring to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD8FbPxl-YI

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012

Gough Suppressant posted:

Wait, you can??????

How?

So you have to first download whatever attire you want to use into a CAW slot. You then go into the Editor mode on that CAW. Under personal info there should be an option to "set as alternate attire?" Switch that to yes. I'm not like, 100% how it syncs up with the appropriate Superstar, but I downloaded Rollins' and Ambrose's updated attires, and after setting them to an alt attire, they automatically appeared under the superstar's attire options when selecting them. You can also then go into My WWE options (or Universe options) and set those attires as their default.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

triplexpac posted:

Why would any right-thinking person ever leave the commentary on in these games?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

ZDar Fan posted:

I've gotten SV Cameron from board pulls or KOTR rewards five or six times. I now hate her.
Now you hate her?

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Blasmeister posted:

I was wondering what the theme was, couldn't parse it out.

With that lineup, though, I'll end up with a pro SV Shawn Michaels, pro WM Ric Flair and pro WM Kane, so I'll take it.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

I just want a tool that will convert from MP3, I'm too lazy to jump through those other hoops.

I did find an update someone did that was easy, you just copied some folders over to update music & trons for Seth, Dean, New Day, Sheamus, etc.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Vinny from Vinesauce did N64 corruptions recently, including Wrestlemania 2000.

It's only for a moment, but I figured you guys might like to see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxjEyXPregk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

triplexpac posted:

I just want a tool that will convert from MP3, I'm too lazy to jump through those other hoops.

I did find an update someone did that was easy, you just copied some folders over to update music & trons for Seth, Dean, New Day, Sheamus, etc.
I'm more interested in a way to replace soundtrack songs tbh. John Cena's probably a fine selector for some people, but not me