Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kwilty
May 31, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-xHoGrZPj4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS

This is the problem with nacs. Nail on the head, that.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Why is this so funny?

e:

http://gfycat.com/BasicBlushingFattaileddunnart

From reddit. Slick.

Jeza fucked around with this message at 11:17 on May 18, 2015

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Anyone experiencing freezes in MM recently? I'm in Aus and have been partying with friends from Singapore (in a Singapore server) and yesterday and the day before we had a couple of games where a few (no all) of us just froze for a couple of minutes. We could move our mouse and look around, but nothing in the server was moving, and we couldn't move using WASD. It wasn't a net problem because during this we were all still talking on TS. Once the spike ended a few of us were dead, since the enemies didn't all get it, and the rest were where they were before they froze. It only happened once during each of the matches, and after those matches some of us were out of the lobby (like steam had disconnected). If it'd happened to everyone in the server I would chalk it up to volvos lovely choice of server providers but it only affected a few of us, and in different countries so what the gently caress? We also lost a round because of that (it allowed 2 frozen teammates to get shot) and the match ended in a 15-15 tie so it was pretty loving irritating.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
tuscan visual update

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=312199550

its not too late to add this to the next operation valve. give us the next operation. valve

Geschwafel
May 10, 2006

Frank sent me.

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

tuscan visual update

its not too late to add this to the next operation valve. give us the next operation. valve

Aw man I forgot how much I liked Tuscan. What else would be in the next op? The only 'new' maps I can think I've played on goonmans are Tuscan and Fire, but I know Fire has some uhhhhh mixed reviews. We played that one castle map too (de_castle? I dunno) before it was released as well, but it has seemingly disappeared by now, must not have been very popular.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Geschwafel posted:

Aw man I forgot how much I liked Tuscan. What else would be in the next op? The only 'new' maps I can think I've played on goonmans are Tuscan and Fire, but I know Fire has some uhhhhh mixed reviews. We played that one castle map too (de_castle? I dunno) before it was released as well, but it has seemingly disappeared by now, must not have been very popular.

Fire owns, and Tuscan's cousin Mill is better

(That's a really good visual update, though)

e: vvvvvv A on Tuscan isn't that bad, but B is just so much better on mill. Tuscan suffers from crate syndrome.

Vaah fucked around with this message at 19:41 on May 18, 2015

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

tuscan visual update

I'm not sure but I think this may look worse than the current tuscan

Also the layout of mill is so much better I don't understand why they felt the need to ever make tuscan in the first place, the mid to window/spiral section of tuscan is so incredibly stupid and the layout of both bombsites is worse

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

tuscan visual update

isn't this the one that has been a part of cevo for ages? its worse than the one on sub.io, way way worse

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Fire is good but holy poo poo is there a lot of pointless space in between T spawn and A.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

The visuals on that look horrifying. I'd much rather have de_calr_mill on the next operation.

Geschwafel
May 10, 2006

Frank sent me.
Now announcing Operation Tinderbox -- the next op filled with your favorite warmup maps!

Scoutzknivez
Colt
Iceworld
Deagle 7k
Poolday
Soccer 2012

And new skins to keep you on target!

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
this operation tinderbox are gonna be sick

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
Scoutzknivez should definitely be an official gamemode along with Arms Race and Demolition.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Insertion. I miss Insertion. Best map evah.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I miss climbing up the deer stand and causing the server to lag into oblivion

insertion is the best

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I miss mumble

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i miss video games

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Xenaero posted:

I miss mumble

Did it go somewhere??

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

mcvey posted:

Did it go somewhere??

All you fuckers did

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Xenaero posted:

All you fuckers did

Some people gotta work.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Xenaero posted:

All you fuckers did
Now you know how I feel in the GO:ONS group chat.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

UltraVariant posted:

Now you know how I feel in the GO:ONS group chat.

Oh my god people are still in that?

mcvey posted:

Some people gotta work.

There's been like 3 people every night in the mumbs and they're mostly muted the entire time. It's deader than it's ever been.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

We had 7+ last night(playing against the worst SMFCs in the world) plus all the tabletop sim stuff the night before. Not our fault you're sleeping by 730

CS related, the VAC waves have really screwed up the rankings.

mcvey fucked around with this message at 23:55 on May 18, 2015

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Xenaero posted:

Oh my god people are still in that?
Usually it's only me, Mink, and sometimes t0tt.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

mcvey posted:

CS related, the VAC waves have really screwed up the rankings.

Consider this: The cheaters had the ranks all screwed up.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Then they need to add some more ranks near the top imo.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

ArfJason posted:

Consider this: The cheaters had the ranks all screwed up.

Or maybe he just meant the ranks are hosed up because there's much more variety in skill while the system tries to fix itself. Obviously it will more or less pan itself out in due time.

Edit: or maybe he didn't mean that but my point still stands.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^

mcvey posted:

Then they need to add better anticheat, more invasive and subscription based, with Premium queues if necessary imo.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Seriously ESEA is super sketchy and I'd much rather have valve put out a root level anticheat that you can choose to optionally run and pay monthly for. Give me some 128 tick premium servers with a root level anticheat required and I'll pay 15 dollars a month easily.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^
I'd pay like $5-7 probably

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Looking at my vacstat.us list and no surprises, the times where I really didn't believe the poo poo I was seeing - VAC bans everywhere. Is it just that common to face 5 stacks with one obvious cheater? Hell, everyone throws in $3 and they all get boosted to LE/LEM+ easy.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Audax posted:

Looking at my vacstat.us list and no surprises, the times where I really didn't believe the poo poo I was seeing - VAC bans everywhere. Is it just that common to face 5 stacks with one obvious cheater? Hell, everyone throws in $3 and they all get boosted to LE/LEM+ easy.
This is why VAC bans come with anti-boosting measures. Games you win queued with a cheater do not count as wins after the cheater is VAC banned; games you lose against a cheater do not count as losses after the cheater is VAC banned.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

kaschei posted:

This is why VAC bans come with anti-boosting measures. Games you win queued with a cheater do not count as wins after the cheater is VAC banned; games you lose against a cheater do not count as losses after the cheater is VAC banned.

Alright *this* was the missing link that explains the massive upheaval in ranks. They almost certainly have a bell-curve for their ranks and ~1% of the player base getting banned wouldn't be enough to have the disruption we're seeing. Shitloads of people losing those boosts but keeping their accounts does make a compelling case.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^
just had yet another game with 3 questionable dudes, all with private or brand new profiles, 2 being unranked

mm is a joke

lol one round my teammate crossed DD and got double dinked with an AK and headshotted with an awp, all at once

Powerful Wizard IRL fucked around with this message at 04:03 on May 19, 2015

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
When you play cs, do it carefully.

Miss u face and mini and other cool guys

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

just had yet another game with 3 questionable dudes, all with private or brand new profiles, 2 being unranked

mm is a joke

lol one round my teammate crossed DD and got double dinked with an AK and headshotted with an awp, all at once

Best feeling is when you play against a team that has one dude with a private profile and one dude with new profile named vary similar things and are obviously hacking but are doing so bad at it you win anyway.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

When you play cs, do it carefully.

Miss u face and mini and other cool guys

come back cent grips

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Fateo McMurray posted:

Best feeling is when you play against a team that has one dude with a private profile and one dude with new profile named vary similar things and are obviously hacking but are doing so bad at it you win anyway.

There's a PC gamer article where a guy tries out hacks and he says they 'Didn't help much' because he was walking with aim -and- triggerbot on

e: walking = running, so he wasn't hitting anything

Carol Pizzamom fucked around with this message at 04:33 on May 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Is there a way to see the entire name of a server on the community server browser? The fields don't resize and they're all running off the edge for me.

EDIT: Ignore me, gotta resize the entire browser window via the bottom right corner.

The Ferret King fucked around with this message at 05:50 on May 19, 2015

• Locked thread