Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
Gwent is pretty cool and I can already tell I'm going to care more about this silly card game and collecting cards to play it then whatever the main plot is going to end up being about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

The Crooked Warden posted:

Well contract question: how the blue gently caress do I actually examine the well without the goddamn ghost aggroing on me? multiple attempts and angles of attack yield nothing but frustration

Don't go there at noon? :v:

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
How is it on PS4?

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Heliosicle posted:

Don't go there at noon? :v:

....listen rear end in a top hat, that makes too much sense.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Seems pretty good on the PS4 so far.

Kinda weird tho. Do you just up and leave your sidekick drinking at the bar? Seems kind of odd pacing.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Christ. I keep punching people instead of talking to them because the buttons are reversed from Witcher 2. I'd fix it but...it's pretty funny.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:
So what's the difference between roll and dodge? Also can you reposte beasts or is it only just humans? How can you know if it's okay to steal or not? Is it when guards are around? Do you get any indicator when it is not okay to steal?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Jesus, every little quest has like cinematography and everything. Instead of Bioware static Camera A/Camera B conversations, you get pan shots to show important areas. This game is special. Feels like I'm playing a goddamn movie.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
So hyped to get the physical release in 3.5 hrs. drat you west coast late release.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Been playing 1 or 2 hours, loving around in White Orchard. Best looking game i've ever seen, and the intro/flashback/dream hit me with emotions because books. Goddamn this game.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Has this been posted yet? The official tweaking guide and fps cost of graphics settings.
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-graphics-performance-and-tweaking-guide.

HairWorks uses up to 125.000 texelated doodads to render Geralts beard, it's pretty insane.
The homebrew AA solution they came up with to make foliage less ugly is interesting, too.
Lol at Nvidias opinion on chromatic aberration :)
High textures (for 2GB cards) are the same as Ultra, ultra just allows more VRam buffer to reduce pop-in.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 01:43 on May 19, 2015

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012
Count me amongst the people experiencing frequent crashes. Its a shame because the game looks amazing so far and has really sucked me in already. Just let me play you, dammit.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
These days, my iMac Retina (in bootcamp) feels like it can't hang with the latest releases at 1080p. However so far this is running admirably (and looking pretty above-board). I'm out in the wilds with lots of vegetation. I'm sure it could tank a bit in a big city... But I'm also running at 1440 and would not object to going to 1080.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Can anyone comment on if the patch smooths out the framerate issues on ps4 that reviewers talk about?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Wow it is so pretty on my PS4. One thing no screenshot will ever show is all the stuff rippling around in the wind, or because of movement.
Some of these tutorial villagers are weird though. I met a kid that wouldn't stop yawning at me and I bumped into an old lady and she made some sort of low guttural fuckoff noise.
It's like a painting though. :allears: And they have done a lot to improve the facial animations.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Real hurthling! posted:

Can anyone comment on if the patch smooths out the framerate issues on ps4 that reviewers talk about?

Haven't run into any hitches. In the reviews they mentioned it only slowed down in the bogs.

Where ever those are. Who knows, maybe 90 hours in for all I know.

Catsplosion
Aug 19, 2007

I am become Dwarf, the destroyer of cats.

Mordiceius posted:

I don't get how people are saying this game looks like poo poo.

I'm having to play on just slightly above medium settings due to my video card, but the game looks loving incredible on my computer.

Graphically it looks like The Witcher 2 but improved which is what you would expect but the gameplay trailers they provided in 2013 still looked radically different and more impressive than what we currently have.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Catsplosion posted:

the gameplay trailers they provided in 2013 still looked radically different and more impressive than what we currently have.

is this the witcher 3 thread or the every game ever thread?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Catsplosion posted:

Graphically it looks like The Witcher 2 but improved which is what you would expect but the gameplay trailers they provided in 2013 still looked radically different and more impressive than what we currently have.

Would you rather it look like the 2013 trailers and not be able to play it?

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011

chaosapiant posted:

Been playing 1 or 2 hours, loving around in White Orchard. Best looking game i've ever seen, and the intro/flashback/dream hit me with emotions because books. Goddamn this game.

This. Everything on cranked on max and it is stunning. The game itself lagged a bit at first, even the pre title screen stuff, was fine and then lagged until white orchard...then crashed! But, restarted steam and everything has been smooth as silk since, even what had lagged at first. This is going to be an incredible experience

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Holy poo poo. The weather in this game is insane.

I was riding up to the military outpost in White Orchard when I saw that across the river the clouds were dark. The sun started to get dim over the course of ten minutes, and now the wind's picked up. The wind's blowing so hard that I can hear the trees creaking. It makes moving through the woods an amazingly eerie experience.

Fighting those wolves with the hunter was great. They couldn't even hear us as we approached.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I love how the characters around the sidequest of the well are interconnected, and the town has a backstory. Game's running really well, still little to no frame drops at max 1080p settings on a 970 and 3570k OC'd to 4.4. I think I'm getting ~40ish FPS which looks fine for me, I'd say turn off hairworks if you want better though. The sound design is also fantastic, the creaking of the branches as wind blows through is great.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Wait, so you have to have the exact ingredients in order to brew potions/oils? Because that's kind of loving annoying when I want to make some specter oil and I have no idea where to find the petals it needs.

Also, are any quests timed? Because that dude's daughter needs the water from the well but apparently I have to go find some drat flower and I don't want her to die in the process.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

What can expect, graphically, with a gtx680?

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

Elderbean posted:

What can expect, graphically, with a gtx680?

Not too good, but it depends on your standards. I have a 670 and ended up putting everything on high with most post-processing effects and locked the fps to 30. Looks great but if you're the kind of person who likes a responsive 60 you're pretty out of luck.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
^^ I'm jealous I have a 670 and everything at low.

Anyone freezing at the first cutscene after you fight the ghouls? I can't get past there because the cutscene just seems to freeze up I can hear sound and nothing else.

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 02:01 on May 19, 2015

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Ok what's the trick for the devil by the well? She's hitting me for 500+ and I'm hitting her for like, 12.

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
Can't tip cows over by sprinting into them. Worst game ever. 1/10 score.

Okay you can knock over peasants that call you a freak under their breath. 2/10.

Jeez fine. The Witcher 3 continues CD Project's excellent simulation of squawking geese. 3/10.

Sauer fucked around with this message at 02:06 on May 19, 2015

Bukowski
Dec 28, 2009

hammulder
Lookin good, feeling good on the PS4

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Comrade Flynn posted:

Ok what's the trick for the devil by the well? She's hitting me for 500+ and I'm hitting her for like, 12.

She is only vulnerable when inside the Yrden sign circle, maybe other stuff too but thats the main thing for noonwraiths

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Help help busy writing to disk what happen oh no!

HitmanAndQuitIt
Sep 13, 2002

dont take extercy
How do you import your save?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Anything carry over from having a completed Dark Save from Witcher 2 or will doing any of that be pointless in playing catch-up to get ready for Wild Hunt?

Xenoith
Aug 30, 2011

by Ralp
The detail on the monster quests is insane, never had so much fun/immersion on a game this early in.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

HitmanAndQuitIt posted:

It asked me right after (or before?) setting difficulty when selecting a new game.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Death March difficulty feels pretty good so far outside of the poison clouds in the swamp not rendering for whatever reason. I keep blowing myself up. :v:

HitmanAndQuitIt
Sep 13, 2002

dont take extercy

explosivo posted:

It asked me right after (or before?) setting difficulty when selecting a new game.

All I've got is "Simulate Witcher 2 save?" Which I took as "Fake a save"?

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
I really hope the devs get a patch out soon, i can't play with this constant crashing it is unbearable. Every single time i start to getting sucked into the game it seems to hang.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

HitmanAndQuitIt posted:

They really hate Steam so you have to dig it out of your ?:\Program Files\Steam\userdata\????????\20920\remote folder and copy in into the "my documents" thing.
This should be in the OP but more eloquently worded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm also curious about timed quests, anyone aware of any yet?