Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

sauer kraut posted:

She is only vulnerable when inside the Yrden sign circle, maybe other stuff too but thats the main thing for noonwraiths

That seems gimmicky. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Comrade Flynn posted:

That seems gimmicky. Thanks!

That quest was supposed to make you read the bestiary and find it out :) It has pictures at the bottom about what to use.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Real hurthling! posted:

Can anyone comment on if the patch smooths out the framerate issues on ps4 that reviewers talk about?

I asked in the PS4 thread but what were the questions the game asks to set up the world state? How indepth does it go?

HitmanAndQuitIt
Sep 13, 2002

dont take extercy

sauer kraut posted:

They really hate Steam so you have to dig it out of your ?:\Program Files\Steam\userdata\????????\20920\remote folder and copy in into the "my documents" thing.
This should be in the OP but more eloquently worded.

Thanks, maybe OP should put it in the OP

http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/18/8622791/witcher-3-import-steam-save

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.
So if I'm using GOG Galaxy, does the DLC auto-install, or do I need to grab the installers for it?

Noirex
May 30, 2006

Is there anyway to manually change the FOV? It's making me nauseous for some reason.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
So after looking at the GOG forums for a while I guess the issue with the patch failing is that the patch is directed at C:\ and if you're game is installed to another drive you have to do some registry editing poo poo that I don't understand to fix GOG's mess.

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~
Does anybody know where the herbalist can be found in White Orchard?

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid

UberJumper posted:

I really hope the devs get a patch out soon, i can't play with this constant crashing it is unbearable. Every single time i start to getting sucked into the game it seems to hang.

Try turning off depth of field if you haven't already. That solved my frequent cutscene freezes.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

shymog posted:

So if I'm using GOG Galaxy, does the DLC auto-install, or do I need to grab the installers for it?

There is a free DLC pack in the right side under additional content, you need to 'buy' it.
Yeah it's pretty dumb.

Xenoith
Aug 30, 2011

by Ralp

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Man, making potions and poo poo seem absurdly difficult this time.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So am I missing a trick to the ghost contract at the very start? Spoilers just in case because it is a neat little thing.

I got the journal and now I need to go to the well but she just attacks me when I get close, I'm paranoid that killing her somehow gives me the 'bad end' or something to this...and also she's pretty tough, am I supposed to 'stealth' it or am I just needing to kill her to move on?

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

PS4 here.. 2 hours into it and I'm amazed at how clunky the controls are and how difficult it is to actually loot something.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Comrade Flynn posted:

Man, making potions and poo poo seem absurdly difficult this time.

I think its because once you make one you can just keep reproducing them with alcohol

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
Not sure if this was posted already: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Graphics, Performance & Tweaking Guide

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I feel like crime is a bit badly implemented. It seems pretty random whether guards will care or not when I loot containers that are right next to them. For example, I could loot the container in the guard tower in the first village easily, but the dude behind two crates next to the inn killed my rear end when I looted those.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Tatum Girlparts posted:

So am I missing a trick to the ghost contract at the very start? Spoilers just in case because it is a neat little thing.

I got the journal and now I need to go to the well but she just attacks me when I get close, I'm paranoid that killing her somehow gives me the 'bad end' or something to this...and also she's pretty tough, am I supposed to 'stealth' it or am I just needing to kill her to move on?

Rest for a few hours in the hut until she's gone, then jump down the well
Read the bestiary on how to deal with noonwaraiths

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

You can't actually "kill" her because she's still bound to the well. Whack her a few times with your silver sword and she fucks off, to return either the next day or when you reach a certain stage in the quest. If you're having a hard time with her, drop a Yrden. She's vulnerable inside it.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
Anyone know a fix for the game being very... flickery? Like, the lighting on models and stuff seem to be flickering like crazy.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Go back during the night and always read your Beastiary, it gives you a ton of useful info on the Monster

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Watching a storm roll in is some incredibly baller poo poo.

Also, re: alchemy - remember, your potions are replenished on meditate with alcohol now.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

sauer kraut posted:

Rest for a few hours in the hut until she's gone, then jump down the well
Read the bestiary on how to deal with noonwaraiths

Duuuuuuur I'm dumb as hell

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

sauer kraut posted:

There is a free DLC pack in the right side under additional content, you need to 'buy' it.
Yeah it's pretty dumb.

Yeah, I already "purchased", I'm just wondering if Galaxy handles installation without me doing anything, or if I need to go through some hoop to install my hair and beard pack.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Y'all that are playing, what graphic settings should I aim for with an HD 7950 if i want 60ish fps?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

VanillaGorilla posted:

Watching a storm roll in is some incredibly baller poo poo.

Also, re: alchemy - remember, your potions are replenished on meditate with alcohol now.

Wait, what?

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

The quest with the dude's brother: am I going to get these people killed if I recommend them taking in the deserter? I promise I'll stick with the consequences in the future I just need to know this one :ohdear:

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
You can Igni bee hives to kill bees and gather honey combs from them after they burn and fall off the trees. Best game.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.

This hasn't been posted yet. Thank you.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

funkymonks posted:

You can Igni bee hives to kill bees and gather honey combs from them after they burn and fall off the trees. Best game.

The Beetcher: Wild Honey.

quote:

Anyone know a fix for the game being very... flickery? Like, the lighting on models and stuff seem to be flickering like crazy.

To expand on this, it seems to be outside lighting sources being flickery.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Meet all the requirements but GPU but jesus christ even with a 650 TI this game is loving gorgeous. The mouse acceleration feels a little too high though.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

sauer kraut posted:

They really hate Steam so you have to dig it out of your ?:\Program Files\Steam\userdata\????????\20920\remote folder and copy in into the "my documents" thing.
This should be in the OP but more eloquently worded.

Worked fine for me directly from the "userdata", etc. directory. This is the default location for W2 saves if you have Steam Cloud turned on, so it makes sense W3 is smart enough to find it.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Make sure you go back to the notice board every once in a while - new notices get posted and add new poi's to your map.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Game goes to a black screen, and crashes to deskstop forcing me to close the program via the task manager every 15 minutes or so :smith:

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Offkorn posted:

Try turning off depth of field if you haven't already. That solved my frequent cutscene freezes.

Yup that was the fix, played about 30 minutes without any crashing or stuttering. Game runs like butter now.

However i think i ran into a new bug, so i took a bunch of side quests from the notice board in town. I got a bunch of quests then and went and did another side quest about the dwarf having his house burned down.

Now my secondary quest part of my journal is empty, even though i recall picking up a bunch for it. I am confused.

rocode
Oct 28, 2011

Meddle not with Mother Nature, lest you face her wrath.

Anyone else having trouble chasing the guy on the horse? I tried cutting him off since I knew where he was going, but he goes like 3x as fast as my horse, galloping.

(Also the game apparently overrides autosaves, so the one I was using to load before the chase got overwritten by one after I failed. :negative:)

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

VanillaGorilla posted:

Make sure you go back to the notice board every once in a while - new notices get posted and add new poi's to your map.

Do notices get stored somewhere? I just clicked quickly on them all without reading the first time.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

Jetamo posted:

To expand on this, it seems to be outside lighting sources being flickery.

Installing latest nVidia drivers fixed it. Now to get my witcher on.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

ymgve posted:

Do notices get stored somewhere? I just clicked quickly on them all without reading the first time.

Most just add POI's to your map. They're "?"

Getting a lot of crashes transitioning from the menus back to the game. Getting a little annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Holy gently caress this game is incredible.