Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rocode
Oct 28, 2011

Meddle not with Mother Nature, lest you face her wrath.

ymgve posted:

Do notices get stored somewhere? I just clicked quickly on them all without reading the first time.

They get stored in your inventory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer

Gobblecoque posted:

So after looking at the GOG forums for a while I guess the issue with the patch failing is that the patch is directed at C:\ and if you're game is installed to another drive you have to do some registry editing poo poo that I don't understand to fix GOG's mess.

I have my Games folder on my D drive and no issues at all didn't have to do anything with the registry. I do have GOG Galaxy set to install everything to D:\Games\GOG Games. Running it on the Win 10 Insider Preview at 1080p at Ultra setting including hairmode. I did overclock my 970.

Lowtechs fucked around with this message at 03:02 on May 19, 2015

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~
Best difficulty is the third one (Blood and axe??), the one after sword and story. No free health regen means forces you to really count your orens for food. I am actually hesitant to engage mobs or veer off the beaten track because the risk of combat is that intense.

rocode posted:

Anyone else having trouble chasing the guy on the horse? I tried cutting him off since I knew where he was going, but he goes like 3x as fast as my horse, galloping.

(Also the game apparently overrides autosaves, so the one I was using to load before the chase got overwritten by one after I failed. :negative:)

No but cut him off his saddle with your sword. It won't kill him.

theDOWmustflow fucked around with this message at 03:03 on May 19, 2015

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011

Bolow posted:

Game goes to a black screen, and crashes to deskstop forcing me to close the program via the task manager every 15 minutes or so :smith:

This happens for me too

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Can you only get the tattoo by importing the save file?

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Mounted combat is so satisfying. Just cut two people in half with the same swing.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Lowtechs posted:

I have my Games folder on my D drive and no issues at all didn't have to do anything with the registry. I do have GOG Galaxy set to install everything to D:\Games\GOG Games. Running it on the Win 10 Insider Preview at 1080p at Ultra setting including hairmode. I did overclock my 970.

I finally got the poo poo fixed. My other post was wrong, it turns out that, without any rhyme or reason, some GOG Galaxy installs didn't come with any loving registry information so the patch is like "what the gently caress you don't have this installed" and you have to add the registry info manually (this thread has info on how to do it: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/game_installation_not_found/page1.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

gently caress this game is awesome.

bloodsacrifice
Apr 21, 2015

by Ralp
Im oscillating between holy gently caress this game is cool and its washed out bright/fine controls are garbage.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I've noticed that (on PC wired x360 controller) when I'm in the inventory holding LT to compare items, if I hit B to exit before releasing the trigger the game will freeze every single time. So Comte, you can put that one in the next patch I guess.

Otherwise holy poo poo this game owns so hard

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Game looks gorgeous, though Ultra grass distance is a ridiculous GPU hog. Turning it down to high made my single 970 a lot happier. I also dropped shadows from Ultra to High because I can't tell the difference. Both of those changes freed up the FPS to turn on HBAO+ which is so much better than SSAO it's worth it.

I am getting some weird issues like the time of day jumping ahead sometimes while talking to people, notably at the beginning with Vesemir. It went from night to sunrise for no reason and made his "we better get moving, it'll be dawn soon" line kind of funny. Characters also miss their mark from time to time in conversations and jump or speed up to catch up to where they should be.

Character faces and facial expressions are awesome as hell though and varied. YOU HEAR THAT, BIOWARE? :argh:

slev
Apr 6, 2009

The default keyboard and mouse controls are kind of weird. The game felt really awkward to play in battle before I rebound them.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Hey Comte. PS4 version (not my video) has a weird graphics bug that sometimes shows up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq-s8toFCKA&feature=youtu.be

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Protip: Leave town the way you came in, follow the river up a bit, there's some downers guarding some rad treasure.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

theDOWmustflow posted:

Best difficulty is the third one (Blood and axe??), the one after sword and story. No free health regen means forces you to really count your orens for food. I am actually hesitant to engage mobs or veer off the beaten track because the risk of combat is that intense.

Yea that's what I'm on, having to be very careful about engaging when I'm reliant on baked apples and chicken to stay alive.

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~
Can you cook the raw meat and wolf liver you find or can you only eat that poo poo straight up because Witcher magic immune system?

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer

Gobblecoque posted:

I finally got the poo poo fixed. My other post was wrong, it turns out that, without any rhyme or reason, some GOG Galaxy installs didn't come with any loving registry information so the patch is like "what the gently caress you don't have this installed" and you have to add the registry info manually (this thread has info on how to do it: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/game_installation_not_found/page1.

Yeah Windows is really anal about what you save or install on the C drive. Glad you got it fixed!

Lowtechs fucked around with this message at 03:27 on May 19, 2015

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea that's what I'm on, having to be very careful about engaging when I'm reliant on baked apples and chicken to stay alive.

Where do you find chickens cheap? They are like, my entire reward for killing a 50 year old well demon.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Oh man. Oh man. I just have to just post what I just encountered. I don't want to spoil the details. But MOTHERFUCKING BEARS. :stonk:

So i'm walking through the woods. I see there's a place of power nearby. I back off, and use my senses to see if it's a trap. Because haha gently caress you the Witcher 3 loves to gently caress you over with places of interest from what i've seen so far.

Turns out there's only one enemy. I can hear it...Snapping twigs as it steps over a branch? It's certainly not subtle about stalking the woods. Over confident, I strode forward to meet it in glorious battle.

So it's a bear. I can see the name from far off. Though it's actual body is obscured behind some foilage. My confidence increases. I mean, it's just a bear, right? Then it steps out from the trees. That's when I realize that this motherfucker doesn't need to be subtle.

The bear is the size of a loving car. It's not just a bear. It's the loving Ur-Bear. To which all bears presumably pray for strength and delicious innards. Apparently places of power can beef the poo poo out of enemies.

My sword does like nine damage to this thing. And when it hits the ground (Because something that size doesn't just swipe, it slams.) it can knock Geralt back and stun him. The only thing that even phases it is Igni. Cue an epic battle as I play bull fighter with this thing. It charges, I dodge out of the way at the last second and hit it with igni. It gets more pissed off, and starts rampaging to get at me.

I barely kill it and bask in the glory of...Some guts and a skin, along with an ability point. This loving game. :v:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 03:33 on May 19, 2015

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Done some quests, killed some ghouls. Game's fun but I'm still just not feeling the combat. I'm pretty ok with the game becoming easy, as I've heard is the case, because, as with The Witcher 2, I'm just not feeling the fighting. I like the game so far though. It's bright, colorful, the world is beautiful (wasn't expecting to run into the edge of the world so easily though - I wonder if the open world is more Dragon Age Inquisition than it is Skyrim), the Batman-esque detective vision stuff for the monsters is great, and Geralt's a cool guy. It's fun.

ful
Sep 16, 2012

Grimey Drawer

shymog posted:

Yeah, I already "purchased", I'm just wondering if Galaxy handles installation without me doing anything, or if I need to go through some hoop to install my hair and beard pack.

When I tried Galaxy had the wrong links and had to get them from my gog library instead. They integrate with Galaxy fine though.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Comrade Flynn posted:

Where do you find chickens cheap? They are like, my entire reward for killing a 50 year old well demon.

Pretty sure I just stole a poo poo ton of chicken from some chump.

Sorry guys, I just killed a ghost, I need this more.

And yea, speaking of places of power...we can come back to the tutorial area right? That ghost guarding the church one owned my rear end.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So the Witcher 3, Where are the save files for 2? It seems to be in my steam directory, but for some reason these all look like old saves, nothing recent. I don't seem to have backups of these save files from when I beat the game twice. Will I be okay for importing the sames?

Does importing even work?

If not, I'm not replaying the game again to get the save file, can someone provide their complete save file from the enhanced edition?

I beat my game before the enhanced edition was out.

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer

GreenBuckanneer posted:

So the Witcher 3, Where are the save files for 2? It seems to be in my steam directory, but for some reason these all look like old saves, nothing recent. I don't seem to have backups of these save files from when I beat the game twice. Will I be okay for importing the sames?

Does importing even work?

If not, I'm not replaying the game again to get the save file, can someone provide their complete save file from the enhanced edition?

I beat my game before the enhanced edition was out.

Dude the very first post in this thread has a link to all kinds of save games. Also yes the importing of download save games works I did it for mine.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Man this game kept the fun combat from Witcher 2, fixed all the annoying parts about the user interface and mechanics (e.g. medallion spam, sign switching on a gamepad, alchemy being tedious), and then added an open world on top of it. Yep this game is pretty good.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
So about your first contract:

Killed the noon wraith, dude says he doesn't know a Volken or a Claire but the towns Alchemist apparently does, who is that? I looked through the entire village and don't see one

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill
I am using an optical audio cable to plug into a 5.1 sound system, but it's not working. I have it set to DTS Connect (5.1) in the sound settings, and it works for movies and such, but not Witcher 3, and there's no helpful settings in the audio section of the settings.

Anyone else having poo poo luck with Surround Sound and/or found a way to make it work?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Minsky posted:

Man this game kept the fun combat from Witcher 2, fixed all the annoying parts about the user interface and mechanics (e.g. medallion spam, sign switching on a gamepad, alchemy being tedious), and then added an open world on top of it. Yep this game is pretty good.

Is it an open world, or is it sectioned off like in DAI? Because I've found the edge of the map already and I can't scroll that far in any one direction when I look at the local map. Maybe it's just like that because it's the first area and it's gating me from leaving the place until I've killed the griffin or what have you.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Lowtechs posted:

Dude the very first post in this thread has a link to all kinds of save games. Also yes the importing of download save games works I did it for mine.

Awesome, I didn't see that.

Aryan Dead - Roche Path - Henselt Alive - Triss Saved

Best ending.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Would it be possible to remap the control on a PS4? These are awful. Attacking with square or triangle over R2 / L2 is ridiculous and I refuse to relearn.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

You're supposed to be able to make Witcher 2 choices in the PS4 version right? When do you do this?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Is it an open world, or is it sectioned off like in DAI? Because I've found the edge of the map already and I can't scroll that far in any one direction when I look at the local map. Maybe it's just like that because it's the first area and it's gating me from leaving the place until I've killed the griffin or what have you.

It's sectioned off into a few different chunks. You can see them if you check the full world map.

That said, each chunk is way, way bigger than DAI's levels.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

1stGear posted:

It's sectioned off into a few different chunks. You can see them if you check the full world map.

That's cool, because I already thought DAI levels were big enough as it is.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GreenBuckanneer posted:

That's cool, because I already thought DAI levels were big enough as it is.

They're bigger but it's not Skyrim levels of 'here's a huge map and we peppered in mob spawn locations', the world feels very alive.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

1stGear posted:

That's honestly pretty disappointing. Oh well.

Sostratos
Jun 28, 2004
I'm having a strange texture issue that I can't figure out.

The pattern on the ground isn't there for a couple of seconds after I load into the game, but it always pops back in. Any idea what could be going wrong?

rentilius
Apr 21, 2010
So, this bears repeating but not only does the Witcher 3 actually look pretty good already, but you can modify the gently caress outta it with these commands buried in this graphics tweaking guide:

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-graphics-performance-and-tweaking-guide

I expect someone with a lot of passion for how the trailers originally looked to find a great combination between this and I guess SweetFX to come up with some gorgeous combination.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
If you crash a lot (outside of that card game) disable your overclocks and try at stock speeds.
Disabling Ambient Occlusion and similar is reported to help, too but might be related.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

You're supposed to be able to make Witcher 2 choices in the PS4 version right? When do you do this?

After killing the griffon and leaving White Orchard.

Game is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese

UberJumper posted:

So about your first contract:

Killed the noon wraith, dude says he doesn't know a Volken or a Claire but the towns Alchemist apparently does, who is that? I looked through the entire village and don't see one

I'm pretty sure he says Herbalist, not Alchemist... and the Herbalist would be located west of Woesong Bridge