Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dexie posted:

Pretty much any rank 4 deck that can spam the field fast and hard can do this. Nutellas and Clownblade should be able to do it no sweat.

At a great and easily negated cost though, literally the definition of over-extending yourself.
that's 6 monsters you have to get on field, and you can lose out on 3 potentially useful xyz monsters.

It's not a problem of doing, it's a problem of the final thing being worth the cost. And there isn't a backup plan inherent to the card like Quasar has with shooting star.
The more I look at it the more I figure the only way it's going to be viable is through the utopia method, and that requires a normal RUM.

Though you can do it with just two cards: Instant fusion and a RUM card.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 22:25 on May 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
You guys have no idea how much I'm going to celebrate when the Rank 4 meta dies out entirely. In fact, I advocate for TKRO to go back to 3.

Slur fucked around with this message at 02:13 on May 18, 2015

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Hey can you mill that new Stardust somehow and use it to special summon another Stardust

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You could use Gale Dogra, I guess.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

VJeff posted:

You could use Gale Dogra, I guess.

Doesn't work. You wouldn't be able to special summon Stardust because it was never probably Synchro Summoned first.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dexie posted:

Doesn't work. You wouldn't be able to special summon Stardust because it was never probably Synchro Summoned first.

Use Gale Dogra to mill Sifr.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Oh. I misread.

Yeah, that would work, but 3k life points is a huge investment just to do that.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

http://ygorganization.com/canitbedocstimeyet/

I'm getting a Wind/Spellcaster archetype.

I'M GETTING A WIND/SPELLCASTER ARCHETYPE.

Konami, you're spoiling me now, cut it out. :swoon:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dexie posted:

http://ygorganization.com/canitbedocstimeyet/

I'm getting a Wind/Spellcaster archetype.

I'M GETTING A WIND/SPELLCASTER ARCHETYPE.

Konami, you're spoiling me now, cut it out. :swoon:

Oh hey, new Red Dragon Archfiend

These cards though:

Odd-Eyes Vortex Dragon
Wind Dragon / Fusion / Effect
LV7 2500/3000
1 “Odd-Eyes” monster + 1 Pendulum Monster
You can only use each effect of “Odd-Eyes Vortex Dragon” once per turn. (1) When this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 face-up Attack Position monster your opponent controls; return it to the hand. (2) When a monster effect, or a Spell/Trap Card is activated, other than this card’s effect: You can shuffle 1 face-up Pendulum Monster from your Extra Deck into your Deck, and if you do, negate that activation, and if you do that, destroy it.

Odd-Eyes Fusion
Spell Normal
You can only activate 1 “Odd-Eyes Fusion” per turn. (1) Fusion Summon 1 Dragon-Type Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck by using monsters you control or have in your hand as the Fusion Materials. If your opponent controls 2 or more monsters while you control no monsters, you can also use up to 2 “Odd-Eyes” monsters from your Extra Deck as the Fusion Materials.

:stare:

Odd Eyes suddenly became impressive

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

REFRESH THE PAGE.

THEY ADDED STARDUST CHRONICLE SPARK DRAGON.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's almost kind of a shame Yuya will never use most of these cards cause whoooooooooooa. :stare:

Somebody please tell me the next V-Jump issue (and thus Jack's cards) isn't a full month away. Lie if you have to.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dexie posted:

REFRESH THE PAGE.

THEY ADDED STARDUST CHRONICLE SPARK DRAGON.

HOLY poo poo :stare:

While I'm here, what would be the basic Toon skeleton to get a good deck running once Dragons of Legend 2 hits?

I've already got the 3 copies of Toon Table, Toon World, Toon Gemini Elf and Toon DMG. I guess Goblin Attack Force and Cannon Soldier are a must.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 05:14 on May 18, 2015

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I admit, I did not see a new Fusion Odd-Eyes coming, and much less a new Stardust, apparently based on the manga yet not a card that actually appeared in the manga. Level 10, so Formula Synchron + Stardust Dragon (either version), easy enough to summon, and it has a cool combo with its effects (banish any Synchro monster, then bring it to the field if/when Stardust Chronicle gets destroyed).

What's the point of Mamoothplash though? "Once per duel" Fuse a Dragon-type monster without Polymerization? C'mon, there's far better cards for this. Why the hell did Konami give it a once per duel restriction? Its Pendulum effect would be better if it didn't have the same Scale as Trump Witch, too. If Konami's trying to add strength to Odd-Eyes as a do-all-summons monster, Mamoothplash is not the way to go, not like this at least. Odd-Eyes Fusion is far better though, if your deck is focused on Odd-Eyes there's no reason to run Polymerization anymore with that. Vortex looks pretty impressive too, and Sky Arc should help that deck nicely.

The worst thing here is teasing Jack's new card and not showing it, really. I want to see what kind of awesomeness Jack will bring this time!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

HOLY poo poo :stare:

While I'm here, what would be the basic Toon skeleton to get a good deck running once Dragons of Legend 2 hits?

I've already got the 3 copies of Toon Table, Toon World, Toon Gemini Elf and Toon DMG. I guess Goblin Attack Force and Cannon Soldier are a must.

3 Toon Briefcase, 3 Toon Kingdom and 3 Comic Hand are a must, I think? You'll probably want Toon Cyber Dragon when CORE hits, too.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dexie posted:

3 Toon Briefcase, 3 Toon Kingdom and 3 Comic Hand are a must, I think? You'll probably want Toon Cyber Dragon when CORE hits, too.

Pretty much all the toon cards from Dragons are a must though :v:

But I was thinking about the cards already printed, I have the suspicion toons are suddenly gonna be hard to find and skyrocket in price once that Dragons of Legend 2 hits.

I kind of want to get Toon Summoned Skull or Toon Blue-Eyes but I don't think that even with the new support they are worth it.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Pretty much all the toon cards from Dragons are a must though :v:

But I was thinking about the cards already printed, I have the suspicion toons are suddenly gonna be hard to find and skyrocket in price once that Dragons of Legend 2 hits.

I kind of want to get Toon Summoned Skull or Toon Blue-Eyes but I don't think that even with the new support they are worth it.

They aren't.

I don't think you'll have to worry about them skyrocketing in price, either. Even with the new support, they're not great. They're a solid casual deck, but they're not good enough for the prices to start shooting up.

Not unless they get some kind of insane support in DOCS, anyway.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dexie posted:

They aren't.

I don't think you'll have to worry about them skyrocketing in price, either. Even with the new support, they're not great. They're a solid casual deck, but they're not good enough for the prices to start shooting up.

Not unless they get some kind of insane support in DOCS, anyway.

Better safe than sorry, my locas LOVE to jack prices up for any card remotely interesting (They are selling the loving Legendary Magician and Dragon for 15 bucks each)

Just getting the Toon Tables was difficult enough.

Oh and after playing against Yang Zings I HATE Powersink Stone :argh:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

There's no OPT clause on Vortex Dragon, if you summon him with a decent amount of face-up extra-deck monsters then you just win outright. :stare: EDIT: Haha nope, that's what I get for getting too excited. Still really good.

Pendulum Call is also really nice. Not only is it yet another generic searcher for the magicians but it also protects them so you're safeguarded against MST.

Finally, how is no-one hype for Superheavy Samurai Nusutou? Being able to outright steal your opponents traps or gently caress up their pendulum scale with just 1 card seems really good for the archetype. Superheavy Samurai Hikyaku could be good if there's a level 10-12 synchro coming but otherwise I'm just not seeing it.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 06:19 on May 18, 2015

BirchBeerFloat
Jul 26, 2013
I see several issues with Nusutou: it's possible to negate its effect before it can go off after being summoned, your opponent will know which card you took (minimizing the impact of taking a trap), and unlike with Warlord you you run the real risk of getting something useless to you if you either pick a set card (and it turns out to be a bluff or an archetype-specific card) or a field/floodgate card you just want off the field (making the secondary rather circumstantial). Something else troubling is that the translation doesn't mention the Spell/Trap banishing itself after leaving the field (which depending on rulings might make the stealing ability completely terrible). You don't have to set the destroyed card though, which is nice. The pendulum ability is too circumstantial, it can disrupt your opponent's plays but there still really aren't many pendulums that will actually benefit the deck to steal (Dragodeus might be getting more popular to splash in the future though, it's really good). It still will help greatly with the deck's inability to run MST or similar backrow removal (which is currently a huge problem) but I still wish it worked more like a hand trap.

I think DD are the real winners here, a reusable Trap Stun that's searchable and works as a Covenant in terms of other support? Even if you can only activate it during your turn that still helps greatly with the deck's offensive potential and opens the doors for using all sorts of floodgates that would normally hurt you too much to consider (Lose a Turn DDs?).

Toons have the same huge problem they always did, a glaring, obvious dependence on a field spell (at least it IS actually a field spell now instead of a pseudo-one though). None of the support fixes that, if anything it makes it worse.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Mammothsplash may noy be as strong as it could be, but it's cute as hell. :3
And a new, actually useful Covenant? Sign me right up!

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

BirchBeerFloat posted:

I see several issues with Nusutou: it's possible to negate its effect before it can go off after being summoned, your opponent will know which card you took (minimizing the impact of taking a trap), and unlike with Warlord you you run the real risk of getting something useless to you if you either pick a set card (and it turns out to be a bluff or an archetype-specific card) or a field/floodgate card you just want off the field (making the secondary rather circumstantial). Something else troubling is that the translation doesn't mention the Spell/Trap banishing itself after leaving the field (which depending on rulings might make the stealing ability completely terrible). You don't have to set the destroyed card though, which is nice. The pendulum ability is too circumstantial, it can disrupt your opponent's plays but there still really aren't many pendulums that will actually benefit the deck to steal (Dragodeus might be getting more popular to splash in the future though, it's really good). It still will help greatly with the deck's inability to run MST or similar backrow removal (which is currently a huge problem) but I still wish it worked more like a hand trap.

I think it not being a hand-trap is a fair compromise for the stealing effect. Otherwise it would be like MST but better in every way. Not really seeing why the distinction that the trap is sent to the graveyard instead of getting banished is important considering that you'll never get to use it against cards like shaddoll fusion anyway like you can with the synchro.

Also, lol if your opponents negates his summoning then you've already accomplished what you set out to do with him. Since he doesn't waste your normal summon I fail to see how that would be an issue.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 10:43 on May 18, 2015

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Xoidanor posted:

I think it not being a hand-trap is a fair compromise for the stealing effect. Otherwise it would be like MST but better in every way. Not really seeing why the distinction that the trap is sent to the graveyard instead of getting banished is important considering that you'll never get to use it against cards like shaddoll fusion anyway like you can with the synchro.

Also, lol if your opponents negates his summoning then you've already accomplished what you set out to do with him. Since he doesn't waste your normal summon I fail to see how that would be an issue.

Yeah superheavies are shaping up to be really good at swarming the field without any real set up.
A lot of the monsters are just 'have in hand, put on field'

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
Pendulum Magicians are pretty awesome and fun to play. The newer Pendulum Magician supports need to come sooner.

Here is one victim of the Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon OTK: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hsw7sswy8xtqwzn/pendmagi.yrp?dl=0

I should have gone for overkill and summon Trapeze Magician and then use his effect on Odd-Eyes. It's too bad he didn't allow me to get the final attack in. :allears:

Here is the base deck:
Monsters (27):
1x Protector of the Shrine
2x Black Metal Dragon
2x The Black Stone of Legend
3x Red-Eyes B. Dragon
2x Red-Eyes Black Flare Dragon
3x Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon
2x Dragonpit Magician
2x Dragonvein Magician
3x Antithesis Magician
3x Insight Magician
2x Peasant Dragon Magician
2x Dwarf Star Dragon Planetar

Spells (4):
1x Polymerization
2x Upstart Goblin
1x Summoner's Art

Traps (4):
2x Echo Oscillation
2x Return of Red-Eyes

Extra Deck:
1x First of the Dragons
1x Rune-Eyes Pendulum Dragon
2x Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon
3x Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon
1x Dark Rebellion Dragon
2x Trapeze Magician
1x Queen Dragun Djinn
1x Daigusto Emeral

I'm still fiddling around with the standard staple of cards to figure out what works, but these are the cards that works quite well together. I don't use Return of Red-Eyes often so I might bump it down to 1 after some more play-testing. Trapeze is amazing to use in this deck because it allows for flexible OTK attempts. I'm having a good time using the effect on Odd-Eyes Pendulum and Flare Metal.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

VJeff posted:

Good lord, Sawatari is such an unbelievable gently caress-up. I think he might be an even worse Lancer than Dennis and Dennis is a loving fusion scum traitor.

On the other hand, he got that one Security guy to let him go between shots for no apparent reason, so the duel didn't matter at all if you think about it. :v:

And Serena didn't have to use Cat Dancer's effect to attack considering, and nothing of consequence happened because of it, so it seemed like the animators were only trying to fill time on that one, ha.

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 20:37 on May 18, 2015

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Sawatari suddenly being super incompetent again is really jarring.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Xoidanor posted:

Sawatari suddenly being super incompetent again is really jarring.

Just means he should've stuck with the Yosenjuu.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They were all really incompetent if you think about it, Sawatari just the most so. Swatari got OTK'd, Yuya tried to do his stupid smile crap instead of trying to win and it wound up completely backfiring (although he had some really godawful draws, granted, so it's not like he could've summoned DRXD or something), Reira basically went catatonic and Serena didn't just bail when Yuya gave her the chance because MY HONOR AS A FUSION WARRIOR.

They're all pretty terrible at this. Kinda like just throwing a bunch of ostensibly strong people together doesn't automatically make them a team, Reiji.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

If someone REALLY doesn't belong in the Lancers, it's Reira.

He did nothing but whine the entire episode and ask about his brother. Yuya basically babysat him the entire time.

Sure, he's just a kid but if Reiji wants him around because he's a good duelist or something, maybe he should've just went with Meiru or someone more competent...

Why am I so mad about terrible anime characters? :( At least Futoshi "Shivers" isn't there...

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Some speculation, are we heading towards a scenario where Yuya & CO participate in the fortune cup? I can't really see any other meaningful rationale for why the security chief was all "Oh what are all these weird summoning methods, no reason to chase these guys, clearly not the same as last night".

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Xoidanor posted:

Some speculation, are we heading towards a scenario where Yuya & CO participate in the fortune cup? I can't really see any other meaningful rationale for why the security chief was all "Oh what are all these weird summoning methods, no reason to chase these guys, clearly not the same as last night".

I hope not. It wouldn't make much sense to go straight from one tourney arc into another.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

They didn't need a full episode to tell the audience "the team has no synergy and aren't ready for this". They could have done all of that in 2 minutes.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Slur posted:

They didn't need a full episode to tell the audience "the team has no synergy and aren't ready for this". They could have done all of that in 2 minutes.

They already did that when it took 8 people to beat some Obelisk Force mooks. :v:

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
They framed that as the main characters working together to fight off the evil threat, but it still came off as the goofiest and most nonsense duel of the season, maybe even the series. Couldn't you keep someone from having a turn as long as you keep adding in people?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

They already did that when it took 8 people to beat some Obelisk Force mooks. :v:

Oh good, I'm not the only person who hated that episode.

http://www.hitbox.tv/SlurYgo

In the meantime, I'm doing this for a while and discussing things.

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:
Those odd eyes cards are pretty cool, and magispecter cards are the most adorable new archetype ever. :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Strange Quark posted:

On the other hand, he got that one Security guy to let him go between shots for no apparent reason, so the duel didn't matter at all if you think about it. :v:

And Serena didn't have to use Cat Dancer's effect to attack considering, and nothing of consequence happened because of it, so it seemed like the animators were only trying to fill time on that one, ha.

Honestly a good chunk of the episode was monster animations to fill in time. The scriptwriter was a new guy this week and it kinda shows, the episode is about how Yuya, Sawatari and Serena suck poo poo as a team, each doing their own thing when unity is the one thing they had against the cop mob and that meant just two slow rear end half duels kinda shown for a while and everyone just failing all over. This episode could've been done way cooler.

I appreciate Jean being the stand-in for the hardcore 5D's fan by wondering wtf is up with the pink hippos, staring intently once Crow arrives and getting up and leaving his computer once Crow's scene is done. :v:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

This week's OCG decklists are up.

http://ygorganization.com/ocg-05192015-ocg-japan-and-china-decklists/

It makes me happy to see Clownblade doing well. It makes me even happier to see Clownblade players using Gem-Knights to get their plays started. :)

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
No idea why these YZ players are refusing to play the E-Tele engine, it makes the deck so much better. They also keep teching Noden in even though it has extreme antisynergy with YZ Creation.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Well...they're topping, so they must be doing something right. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

It's not topping unless you're smug as gently caress about it