Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

Lareine posted:

I don't understand how the DLC is supposed to work. I'm not getting an option to download them, just to play the game and there doesn't appear to be any indication that they have been downloaded?

Someone help, I really need those loving beards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Well I restarted gog galaxy and it just deleted my entire download. gently caress. This thing is garbage

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Lareine posted:

They were under extras in the client for me. Looks like they're on the website as well.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Arglebargle III posted:

Oh no you can't literally wander in any direction forever in this 100 hour open world game. What a disappointment. Looks like you'll have grind through this game choking back your misery, if you can bring yourself to play it at all. I mean, why even produce 100-200 hours of content? What's the point if it's not literally infinite? If I can't play the Witcher 3 until I die of old age, why bother?

people are allowed to express dissapointment that the open world isn't quite as open as they were led to believe.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

lol @ the fact that the card game jsut straight up crashes no matter what if you try and pass on ps4

This happened to me the first time I tried it but after that it didn't. No idea why.

Also, having just finished the prologue (post Gryphon): NO MY SWEET BEARD!!!!

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 05:07 on May 19, 2015

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Voxx posted:

The sun and moon passive is helpful early I found, useful for any build.

I was really excited about being able to skirt around not getting health regen from meditating since I'm playing on Hard. Then I realized that it might give you 10 health per second, but you have something like 4000 health now :negative:

Still useful though, because regaining health is a pain at times. And potions are so much harder to make without being able to swap out items for different ones in the same set.

E. I'm not getting the full Witcher experience if I don't have a Swallow potion ticking down every second of gameplay, CD Projekt what is with the 20sec timers mannnnn

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Not quite getting why, but this keeps crashing in cutscenes/dialogue and at random moments. Literally just black screen and then closes.

Somewhat annoying.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Comrade Flynn posted:

Actual game talk: What abilities are you guys getting? Playing on the "hard" difficulty mode and just getting my rear end beat so want to upgrade wisely.

Yrden is super useful with the duration upgrades.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

megalodong posted:

people are allowed to express dissapointment that the open world isn't quite as open as they were led to believe.

I can't kill everything but I can kill most things. I started a fistfight for no reason in a rinky dink little town which ended with me murdering all the dudes in the area.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

Lord Lambeth posted:

They were under extras in the client for me. Looks like they're on the website as well.

Is this on GOG or Steam? Because I've got it on Steam.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

card game: the medic ability seems pretty powerful (instantly take a card from your discard pile and put it on the field) - it's tied to a 5 power siege card as well. not sure at this stage if it's balanced at all but it's fun to break right now

for ability points i threw one into igni's first tier ability - permanently taking off 15% armour sounds worth it

no crashes or framerate issues here, water and weather don't impact it at all which is nice

the controller loves to mention that it's been found, geralt is twitchy and climbing the landscape to get back on roads is awkward (not enough points to grab onto). the less said about the sliding animation you're forced into the better

there's a weird pop-in that occurs over 10 seconds if you approach a camp from the woods instead of the road - at least the game warned me about guards when i was looting although that mechanic seems inconsistent

ful
Sep 16, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lareine posted:

https://www.gog.com/downlink/dlc_1/en1installer1
https://www.gog.com/downlink/dlc_2/en1installer1

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Why can't I make more Swallow potions? I'm out but when I try to make more it tells me I already have it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Is there a reason to import a real Witcher 2 save instead of simulating the choices you made? I'm not really in the mood to comb through all of my Witcher 2 saves to find which one I want to actually import unless there are some special items or something you get for doing so.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Is there info on what choices the game picks if you decided to start without using a w2 save?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Harrow posted:

Is there a reason to import a real Witcher 2 save instead of simulating the choices you made? I'm not really in the mood to comb through all of my Witcher 2 saves to find which one I want to actually import unless there are some special items or something you get for doing so.

Importing is the only way to get the tattoo. Beyond that I think there's a few other things the simulation just skips over that importing saves does not skip.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Harrow posted:

I think there are save files you can just download if you don't mind it not being strictly yours. As for why, I don't know for sure but I'd imagine there would be some minor stuff that might not get covered in your interview (like that sweet sweet tattoo).

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Well, this sucks. It auto saved me at a fight with no health, so the game keeps reloading me into a battle where I die instantly.

My last manual saved game was about 3 hours back.

Not sure if I can do all this over again. This really really sucks. Might be done with the game at this point.

Protip: Manually save your game all the time.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Wiseblood posted:

Why can't I make more Swallow potions? I'm out but when I try to make more it tells me I already have it.

You only need to make potions once, I think. After that, just meditate with some alcohol in your inventory and it'll refill.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I have a roche save with the tattoo if people would like it. I killed Sile and Henselt though.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Philthy posted:

Well, this sucks. It auto saved me at a fight with no health, so the game keeps reloading me into a battle where I die instantly.

My last manual saved game was about 3 hours back.

Not sure if I can do all this over again. This really really sucks. Might be done with the game at this point.

Protip: Manually save your game all the time.

Open World RPG Rule #1. Unfortunately you learned it the hard way, as we all have at some point.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Once you get past the starting area, is the world at large scaled to your level like Skyrim, or do areas have set level ranges?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've ended up having no issues with combat, but movement can be real awkward. Geralt often gets stuck in the geometry.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Game is fun and looks amazing, but 3 crashes in 15 minutes made me stop for now. Seeing tons of reports of similar problems so likely not going to touch it for a little bit.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

So with the new alchemy system...do you only have to "build" poo poo once then it will restock it automatically when you meditate?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Every time I start the game it tells me it has been updated and all user settings have been reset to default, how the gently caress do I fix that? (using a copy from GoG because it was free.)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

So I'm talking with the herbalist, just getting the Claer dialog out of the way before I complete the On Death's Bed quest when Lena just fuckin walks through the door and lies down. You're not hurt at all, are you lady?

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Comrade Flynn posted:

So with the new alchemy system...do you only have to "build" poo poo once then it will restock it automatically when you meditate?

Yeah but you need to collect alcohol for the auto refills.
Don't go around picking every flower like the retard 100% streamers :smith:

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
The cutscenes are real time right? Why are they stuck in 16:9 land

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Don Lapre posted:

The cutscenes are real time right? Why are they stuck in 16:9 land
No they're prerendered for loading times.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

sauer kraut posted:

Yeah but you need to collect alcohol for the auto refills.
Don't go around picking every flower like the retard 100% streamers :smith:

I have picked so many loving flowers. What an odd system.

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese

Manatee Cannon posted:

So I'm talking with the herbalist, just getting the Claer dialog out of the way before I complete the On Death's Bed quest when Lena just fuckin walks through the door and lies down. You're not hurt at all, are you lady?

Do you ever find out if the swallow potion helps Lena? It's said that it could take a couple days and a couple days later no more info. I'm assuming it did?

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Cinara posted:

Game is fun and looks amazing, but 3 crashes in 15 minutes made me stop for now. Seeing tons of reports of similar problems so likely not going to touch it for a little bit.

Yep, updated drivers so I'm not quite sure what is going on

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

g-c posted:

Do you ever find out if the swallow potion helps Lena? It's said that it could take a couple days and a couple days later no more info. I'm assuming it did?

No clue but I'm sure she's fine.

I did like the attention to detail on that quest though - it only takes one use of the potion.

Xenoith
Aug 30, 2011

by Ralp
Found a really insane starting steel sword:

North of the Mills area there is a crypt, lv7 Wraith guards a sword that does like 45 top end dmg and has some nice stats on it.

Also got a crash when tabbing out of full screen, maybe don't do that..

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

How well do the gamepad controls work? Is mouse + keyboard more functional?

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Is anyone else getting a headache from this game? For some reason I am having a hard time focusing and I have only been able to play for little 20-30 min spurts before having to walk away.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Elderbean posted:

How well do the gamepad controls work?

No worse than the previous game. I'm still getting used to the new game and it's quirks though.

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011
I like how the "if you clear out an area people will move in ON THEIR OWN" crap wound up just being 'clear landmark, cutscene plays, people appear'. That's literally as scripted as you can get

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Xenoith posted:

Found a really insane starting steel sword:

North of the Mills area there is a crypt, lv7 Wraith guards a sword that does like 45 top end dmg and has some nice stats on it.

Also got a crash when tabbing out of full screen, maybe don't do that..
Is that one of the crafting ones? I'm always wary crafting blades because I'm afraid I won't have enough components later, but the two Viper blades you can get from that crypt are really, really nice. Come with bonus experience to monsters/people, too. I only made the silver one and am looking for a source of emerald dust for the steel now; anyone know of any?

Anyone got any good skill combinations? The general tree skill that gives you better Vit regen during the day seems worthwhile, but only because that's your only way of regaining health without expending some kind of resources (or a fuckton of time) on the higher difficulties.