Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

queeb posted:

I'm like 5 hours in and still in the prologue, it's awesome. There's a quest which gives you a disgustingly good matching pair of swords hidden out there.

Where is this quest? I'm looking around before tackling the griffin and I've hit every point of interest/question mark on the map and have no clue where to look next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
20 coins to deal with a Wraith? What the hell am I going to do with 20 coins? You can't even buy a glass of water for that. And then you have the nerve to get pissy when I ask for another four coins on top of that!! If I see you on the roads you are so getting run down.

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe

zen death robot posted:

Also my EVGA GTX 970FTW can run the game on ultra with the crazy hair effects on with no problems :cool:

Yeah, I'm on a Gigabyte 970 and it's looking gorgeous with little to no slowdown on Ultra, going into the first and second open areas. This game performs pretty great on modern hardware in my experience so far.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Limited inventory space is the only thing that sucks about this game. I hate single player RPGs that feel the need to do that, which I realize is all of them.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Limited inventory space is the only thing that sucks about this game. I hate single player RPGs that feel the need to do that, which I realize is all of them.

Yeah it's lame and really goes against the open world spirit of picking up everything that isn't bolted down. It doesn't add anything, it's just tedious and annoying.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

I said come in! posted:

THis has been the [pet peeve with each of the witcher games, all of them had this problem! I can't believe htey haven't got it right after 10 year of the witcher.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Manatee Cannon posted:

Where is this quest? I'm looking around before tackling the griffin and I've hit every point of interest/question mark on the map and have no clue where to look next.

There's a bandit camp by the ransacked village in the south. There's a corpse in there with a pattern and a letter which starts the quest.

Edit: might be a chest

queeb fucked around with this message at 06:47 on May 19, 2015

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

I said come in! posted:

Especially when (if it's like Witcher 2) 90% of stuff you pick up is stupidly heavy stuff like timber or iron ore.

Meowbot posted:

THis has been the [pet peeve with each of the witcher games, all of them had this problem! I can't believe htey haven't got it right after 10 year of the witcher.

True, but sometimes you just want to carry around 20 pounds of nekker hearts you know?

Kimmalah fucked around with this message at 06:46 on May 19, 2015

Nien
Apr 29, 2013
970 on ultra running flat out at 60 fps with vertical sync on. The hair thing is actually noticeable, although I expect they got a few quid from nvidia given the first few cut scenes.

And finally one of these games where mouse and keyboard feels right (looking at you every other witcher, dragon age, mordor and dark souls.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Any tips for getting Emerald Dust? I want me some Serpentine Silver. :dance:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

queeb posted:

There's a bandit camp by the ransacked village in the south. There's a corpse in there with a pattern and a letter which starts the quest.

Is that the Viper School scavenger hunt? No clue where to look for that (it's probably in the camp and I was too lazy to check) but I'll see if I can't find it. Thanks.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Jusupov posted:

Didn't have a key in my email but logged on to the site and got it there.

drat. This is all I get:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kimmalah posted:

Especially when (if it's like Witcher 2) 90% of stuff you pick up is stupidly heavy stuff like timber or iron ore.

If nothing else, I liked how Dragon Age Inquisition handled inventory, your materials tab was unlimited, which worked out anyways for that game because the best items were crafted.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I was wrong about my computer probably being able to run it despite only being a tier below on the GPU. Stuttery, ugly and makes it run super hot. I'll pick up the PS4 version some day when it's cheap.

It's a GTX 560 for reference so if you're checking the thread wondering and have that card, skip it!

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese
Yooooo, where da brothels at???

Rukus
Mar 13, 2007

Hmph.
Not caring for Dandelion's new voice actor at all. Why'd they make him all gruff sounding?

Got it running at solid 1080/60 on my OC'd GTX 780 with everything on High except for textures and background characters set to Ultra and hairworks off. Under post-processing I've got chromatic aberration, blur, and motion blur off, the rest of the settings are on with HBAO+. With the same settings I'm getting 40-50fps at 1440p. Definitely feeling that itch to upgrade now that I'm starting to turn sliders down. :v:

My only technical problems were one crash after ending a card game, and the other being some weird reoccurring audio issue. When I run it out to my receiver via HDMI after a while the audio starts to crackle and slowly get worse until there's no longer any audio. Exiting the game and starting again fixes it temporarily. Doesn't do it when audio comes out via 3.5mm to my headphones.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

Ah yes, it's not a Witcher game until I encounter some pantless NPCs.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
This is the most crash-prone game I have ever played.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So... I think I'm going to play as pro-Empire. Honestly, they seem like cool dudes so far. They're pretty badass and honestly the northern realms are lovely and could use some civilization.

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese

Failboattootoot posted:

That sucks man. I'm playing on PS4 and the only issue I've had was an audio glitch that managed to fix itself.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

neurotech posted:

Has anyone who pre-purchased from Greenman Gaming had the 'no key in the email' problem? If so, have you had it resolved yet?

Yeah, I didn't realize there was a scrap about it...I sent a ticket, haven't heard back yet. Nothing on-site just yet. Oh well! Bummer, but hopefully get to kick it off before work.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
How are the skill trees? Do you need 5 points to advance to the next level?

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I'm wondering is there item storage anywhere? I am kind of getting full on my alchemy and crafting stuff, and I was wondering if I can put it anywhere.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Mordiceius posted:

So... I think I'm going to play as pro-Empire. Honestly, they seem like cool dudes so far. They're pretty badass and honestly the northern realms are lovely and could use some civilization.

Isn't Geralt usually neutral when it comes to politics?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Failboattootoot posted:

More than Bethesda's open world games? That would be an accomplishment. :raise:

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.
Welp, my Steam cloud save for Witcher 2 is gone. I have no idea what happened to it. :smith:

Does anyone have a Witcher 2 elf path save where the dragon lived, was free, and the assassin lived as well? As much as I'd like to get every decision the same I figure those are the biggest ones that might affect Witcher 3.

Edit: Oh, it looks like there's an interrogation system that lets me replicate my important choices. Yay!

Brackhar fucked around with this message at 07:13 on May 19, 2015

weinus
Mar 4, 2004

I was made to understand there were grilled cheese sandwiches here.

ghetto wormhole posted:

Every time I start the game it tells me it has been updated and all user settings have been reset to default, how the gently caress do I fix that? (using a copy from GoG because it was free.)

Mine does this too, but I have Steam version

Don't know of a fix yet.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

Rukus posted:

Not caring for Dandelion's new voice actor at all. Why'd they make him all gruff sounding?

I didn't even recognize his voice. I thought he had to have been someone else.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Jesus emerald dust is expensive. Where can I find this stuff out in the world, where it won't be nearly 600 gold?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Brackhar posted:

Welp, my Steam cloud save for Witcher 2 is gone. I have no idea what happened to it. :smith:

Does anyone have a Witcher 2 elf path save where the dragon lived, was free, and the assassin lived as well? As much as I'd like to get every decision the same I figure those are the biggest ones that might affect Witcher 3.

Edit: Oh, it looks like there's an interrogation system that lets me replicate my important choices. Yay!

Here's save files including pretty much all the major decisions you could ever want.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

neurotech posted:

Has anyone who pre-purchased from Greenman Gaming had the 'no key in the email' problem? If so, have you had it resolved yet?

Good christ, this poo poo poo poo is still happening with GMG? These guys have been having teething issues going on six years now.

I love their deals and all that, but GMG seems to be run by the laziest, most incompetent IT guys in gaming. Sketchy eastern-european key sites run automatically by Dr Sbaitso on a Vic-20 have less issues than GMG.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Alchemy question: what constitutes "hard alcohol" per the tutorials? I have a whole bunch of alcohol-sounding ingredients, is that's what's used to refill potions?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

Jesus emerald dust is expensive. Where can I find this stuff out in the world, where it won't be nearly 600 gold?
I found one in, I think, a monster nest after I blew it up. I really want to find another one so I can be rocking both Viper swords though.

Can I go back to White Orchard after I advance the plot?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ravenfood posted:

I found one in, I think, a monster nest after I blew it up. I really want to find another one so I can be rocking both Viper swords though.

Can I go back to White Orchard after I advance the plot?

Bummer, I blew all of those up and didn't get one. Though I may have forgotten to loot one so I guess I'll try and find that. Hopefully the loot is still there.

The detective stuff is really cool. Definitely my favorite part of the game so far, I like how it's presented.

Xenoith
Aug 30, 2011

by Ralp
All you guys talking about potion making are retarded, you can delete the item and remake it with ingredients. So yes you can hoard items to refresh them without meditating.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I've played for a little bit more than 4 hours, and had the game freeze 4-5 times. Almost every time when in the inventory and reading something. One time when I was looting a container. Latest Nvidia driver cleanly installed on my 980/4770k stock clocks on Win 8.1 on ultra settings with Hairworks turned off. For you PC guys, it's not listed in the controls but F5 is quicksave. Also, make sure to make manual saves. Finished up with White Orchard in those 5 hours. Can we come back to this area after we leave, does anyone know?

Also, I have the difficulty set to the one below the hardest, and I'm personally finding it kind of easy. It almost seems bugged, like that Alter of Power area in White Orchard wraith I hit it like 3 times and got it to half health then it retreated and it only took like 2-3 more hits to kill it completely I was level 3 I think when I fought it. Does that seem right to anyone else? I might end up bumping it all the way up.

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 07:43 on May 19, 2015

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Rukus posted:

Same guy, according to IMDb

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Holy poo poo this game is so good. God drat.

My horse is magic and I can just whistle for him and there he is no matter what. Best horse ever. Also, boobs. Game of the Year? Game of the Year 2015: Awesome Horse + Occasional Boobs: the Game

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Gonkish posted:

Holy poo poo this game is so good. God drat.

My horse is magic and I can just whistle for him and there he is no matter what. Best horse ever. Also, boobs. Game of the Year? Game of the Year 2015: Awesome Horse + Occasional Boobs: the Game

If you whistle for Roach while you're looking at him, he'll disappear and reappear behind you

Also I've killed everything so, unless I wanna wait until things start respawning, I guess I just don't get my second emerald dust :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I really apreciate that CDProjekt made a useful horse. Not like DA:I