Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Fun fact: A banned word is "Goku"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

hopterque posted:

I'm tom cruise getting out of his car mid race to punch his crew chief because he told me to pit to replace my lights, and I went in and pitted and he didn't replace my lights and I have to do two laps of the nürburgring in the dark.

Fun fact: Visual damage apparently means "you can still lose your lights".

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Well you damaged your visual didincha?

In all seriousness when I host i think from now on i'm only gonna have damage completely off or completely on because of that.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Basticle posted:

Well you damaged your visual didincha?

In all seriousness when I host i think from now on i'm only gonna have damage completely off or completely on because of that.

Completely on, completely on.

10 goons enter, the one goon who happened to get ahead of the first turn pileup leaves.

e: I think visual is fine honestly, so if you crash enough to break your lights you race in the dark, maybe you shouldn't have crashed so much.

I mean, i break my lights every single night race and it's still fun, plus passing and being passed by spooky ghost cars is cool.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 21:42 on May 18, 2015

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Night racing is stressful and horrifying, and should only be played with all assists off. In a Lotus.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Nostratic posted:

Night racing is stressful and horrifying, and should only be played with all assists off. In a Lotus.

In the rain.

e: Or heavy fog.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Last time I drove at night in a racing game was Rallisport Challenge 2, and I'd invariably slam headfirst into a tree after five corners. Cast into pitch black with the clock still running? Yeah that's not happening.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!

ethanol posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp-KRcEpQEM

video of man with huge carbon fiber testicles

Turned it off when he lifted at flugplatz. loving pussy.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Nostratic posted:

Real life: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAvN0EzEacU

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
So I've only just started but moving from karts to the caterham 7s is a breath of fresh air, the karts got old quick. Bombing around silverstone in the rain with the sunset peeking through the clouds is awesome. Here's to hoping it just keeps getting better.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

hopterque posted:

In the rain.

e: Or heavy fog.

Yes yes yes, those are key to full enjoyment of a course.

If you can see and have traction... Lame.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!

That was giving me sweats just watching. The ring, in the dark, raining all while looking at a tiny map spinning round on your wheel so you don't get lost.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
So we racing in an hour? Im heading home from work as we speak.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Is anyone going to be around at ten eastern tonight? I'd love to try online and don't want to brave pubbies.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Kinda bullshit that the replay viewer wont let you switch cars to focus on so this is the best I could get

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax66lBVoTJs

^^^ I will

Basticle fucked around with this message at 23:40 on May 18, 2015

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

ethanol posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp-KRcEpQEM

video of man with huge carbon fiber testicles
Ugh, SMS should fix their AWD code and buy a Lamborghini license.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Reasons the BMW M1 Procar is the best car in the game:

• Fun to drive
  • Looks like Inspector Gadget's car
  • Pop-up headlights

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
The 4 color bars in the bottom of the UI are your tire temps right? Blue Cold, Green Good, Red...Something?

What are all the indicators on this screen? That front left tire was like that since Lap 3. Didn't seem to give me issues leaving it that way the rest of the race.

Bonus image from another race. It'll buff right out.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Athanatos posted:

The 4 color bars in the bottom of the UI are your tire temps right? Blue Cold, Green Good, Red...Something?

What are all the indicators on this screen? That front left tire was like that since Lap 3. Didn't seem to give me issues leaving it that way the rest of the race.

Bonus image from another race. It'll buff right out.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23037-Telemetry-detail&p=892237&viewfull=1#post892237

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkSrgfQI9xk

http://gfycat.com/PhonyFearlessHoatzin
Although it may look like my ace driver skills are on display in truth I just understeered off the concrete and didnt even see him until after I was past

Basticle fucked around with this message at 00:31 on May 19, 2015

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

GutBomb posted:

Is anyone going to be around at ten eastern tonight? I'd love to try online and don't want to brave pubbies.

are you in the steam group?

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
250cc super karts around Monaco is one of three most fun things I have ever done in a racing game. Also made me finally appreciate just how good of a track Monaco is

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Finally got my Limited Collectors Edition from Game.UK and loaded it up at home. Was the only way to get the Limited Edition into the US for PC it appeared and I ended up getting it for a bit less then the standard PS4/XOne version. :homebrew:

drat is this game amazing! Tried a few fun runs to get all my hardware dialed in, then dove into the Career. The Karts are fantastic to the point that my hands are cramping up at the end of a 4 race evening on my G25. For the most part everything feels great, looks amazing, and while I seemed to do ok in the karts, I got my first Invite Event for the McLaren F1 and completely barreled through every turn in the Practice event for a good 20 minutes until I was able to dial down the speed a bit for a early morning cold and foggy track. A lot different going from a zippy kart to a supercar that can do 120 in 2nd gear. You would think they would dial you in with something less insane after watching you win in some Karts for a season or two. :v:

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

ethanol posted:

are you in the steam group?

I'm not sure. How do I join?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

GutBomb posted:

I'm not sure. How do I join?

go here click join

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/goonracingclub

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Joined.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
So I'm in the first kart series and have enough fuel every race that I don't pit. It that normal just or the kart series or do I need to adjust something in the settings?

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 01:55 on May 19, 2015

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BotBllUO4zA

Game lobby is up

Basticle fucked around with this message at 02:16 on May 19, 2015

bUm
Jan 11, 2011
That's intense.

Anyone else feel like they're at a big disadvantage when it's raining compared to the AI? I feel like the AI is basically unphased by rain while, as a player, I can't see poo poo when cars are ahead (kicking up much water) and have a much tougher time keeping the car under control.

Basticle posted:

Kinda bullshit that the replay viewer wont let you switch cars to focus on so this is the best I could get

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax66lBVoTJs
My invitationals sent me from driving a Mercedes Sauber to a Mercades whatever-the-hell-those-are last night. Talk about a shock jumping from a very fine feat of engineering of the late 80's to basically an early 70's road car. Ended up switching the to the other in-class option of the old school Ford that is also like a 70's road car (that, at least on the first track of the series [Oulton], was blowing the Mercedes out of the water), but at least isn't a land yacht. Either way though, the AI is wrecking me and I can't figure out why (can't change anything really but suspension so tire type/gearing as the old standbys for making up massive performance gaps are out).

On a totally unrelated note: I hope at some point they make the game save your choice of livery. So tired of having to manually select the same one over and over because it always defaults to random.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

:stonklol:

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
I have to say that I really enjoyed the Suaber and the BMW Z4. These are just some really fun cars.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
So I was quite pleased with moving from a cart to a caterham, and now after I've got my first taste of the 1M coupe hot drat I get the sense I'm going to like this game. "steering" out of the corners by manipulating the throttle in that car is a supremely satisfying experience and I'm only using a gamepad. I can only imagine how awesome it is for you folks with wheels and pedals.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Jovial Cow posted:

So I was quite pleased with moving from a cart to a caterham, and now after I've got my first taste of the 1M coupe hot drat I get the sense I'm going to like this game. "steering" out of the corners by manipulating the throttle in that car is a supremely satisfying experience and I'm only using a gamepad. I can only imagine how awesome it is for you folks with wheels and pedals.

Just wait until you reach Formula Rookie, literally the most fun I've ever had playing a sim racer. Though in 8 sessions with the thing I've never gotten the front right tyre to warm up.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN5aWWm38u4

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

njsykora posted:

Just wait until you reach Formula Rookie, literally the most fun I've ever had playing a sim racer. Though in 8 sessions with the thing I've never gotten the front right tyre to warm up.

That's okay. Even on cold slicks it handles great.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Can you cycle through camera views while in game?

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

peter gabriel posted:

Can you cycle through camera views while in game?

yes, though you might need to bind a button to it.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Last fall I made the decision that I was going to spend lots of money on a beefy new PC + G27 to play Project CARS, a game I wasnt all that familiar with rather than lots of money on a Xbox One that I'd never use for anything else + Forza + an even more expensive wheel. This was the best decision I've ever made. Sure this game has a few weird quirks and bugs but the actual driving and multiplayer experience with you guys has been everything I dreamed of and more. Truly a worthy sucessor to Forza 4.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I need that indycar dlc...my thirst for high speed oval racing must be quenched.

Also this game is still loving awesome.

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.
Decided to give online a try and had a decent race with pubbies for the first time in my life. No first corner pile up, people didn't crash, people gave places back even though penalties weren't on and this was on PS4. I'd expect that on PC but this shocked me. If anyone wants to add me my PSN is PoisonJamSA, I try not to be terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
So I either struggle tremendously driving with a controller, or I'm doing all right when driving the Radical SR3. The controls make me want to murder someone, especially when the steering gets stuck in full left lock when I'm in fact telling the car to turn right. Highly debating buying a wheel.

Question: Those of us poors who didn't get the limited car pack (x-bone here), any idea if this will be available to purchase? I need me some Sauber C9 :getin:

OhsH posted:

The dust2 of racetracks.

:vince:

• Locked thread