Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Mar 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Revolver Bunker posted:

Was playing last night on a server running custom maps and noticed something I hadn't seen before. On the Hans fight I watched as on several occasions he would be in mid drain on someone and then something would cause him to stop and then look for someone else to drain. It was the oddest thing.

While I do not know how true it is or not, I saw somebody mention that berserker grenades can break his throw elsewhere.

Saw this happen at least once (him dropping a guy then chasing after people again) last night on normal maps, but I didn't notice any electrical after effect or anything and I already had a facefull of gas to deal with at the time.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
time for some GIFs

that last one is probably my favorite. Whoooooops!

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Do the faster reload speeds not actually give new animations yet? The faster animations just look like the same as the slow ones but sped up.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

none of the labs are OSHA compliant

what about that room with the big fuckoff grinder!!!!!!!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Theta Zero posted:

Do the faster reload speeds not actually give new animations yet? The faster animations just look like the same as the slow ones but sped up.

support doesn't get fancy reloads for shotguns but I heard commando does for the ARs. I don't remember, despite having a 15 commando. :v:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
The animations for loading the shells in the pump-action and 1014 (but not the first shell if you're empty), and the AA-12 reloads are all different but the rest are the same for Support.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Theta Zero posted:

They do seem that way for the most part. Commando tactical reloads, have some variations but they are mostly cutting out filler on top of speeding it up. With the non empty reloads, the major difference is you don't lift your gun up at a 90 degree angle to hold the gun in front of your face while you go through the reload process.

Because I am not a gun expert, the empty reloads feel like they are saving time by skipping steps in some case. The difference between the varmint and SCAR empty reloads for example, normal reloads you finish by slowly pulling back on the slide(hammer? thingy? The bit they have on nerf dart guns). Tactical reload you skip that step entirely and just quickly flick a switch.

Though this does mean there is more difference than just animation speed, at least.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 22:38 on May 18, 2015

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Section Z posted:

They do seem that way for the most part. Commando tactical reloads, have some variations but they are mostly cutting out filler on top of speeding it up. With the non empty reloads, the major difference is you don't lift your gun up at a 90 degree angle to hold the gun in front of your face while you go through the reload process.

Because I am not a gun expert, the empty reloads feel like they are saving time by skipping steps in some case. The difference between the varmint and SCAR empty reloads for example, normal reloads you finish by slowly pulling back on the slide(hammer? thingy? The bit they have on nerf dart guns). Tactical reload you skip that step entirely and just quickly flick a switch.

Though this does mean there is more difference than just animation speed, at least.

Some guns hold their bolt open when the magazine empties. This means that when you insert a new mag, you just have to hit the bolt release and it will chamber a new round for you, just like that, no charging required. I can't answer why this would change ingame with a skill (since it's usually inherent to the gun's design), but that's how it works in real life.

e: There's more that can be said, but that answers the meat of your question quickly.

Explosionface fucked around with this message at 22:50 on May 18, 2015

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
From a Payday 2 Announcement:

Almir posted:

Regarding Possible Collaboration with Killing Floor 2

RUMORS - We've been reading some discussions about possible collaborations with our friends at Tripwire Interactive and their new (loving AWESOME) game Killing Floor 2. While all the talk about possible collaborations is flattering, there is nothing we can confirm at this point. While you wait for something like this to happen, we suggest you try their game out if you haven't - it's a beast of a game.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
SCRAKEDOZERS!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Alteisen posted:

SCRAKEDOZERS!

Stalkers replaced with cloaked cloakers.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Theta Zero posted:

From a Payday 2 Announcement:

Ugh, I really hope TWI doesn't poo poo up the game with Payday crap.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

"The BioLab is a shitstorm!"

"WHO MADE THIS FLESHPOUND, THE COPS?"

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Skoll posted:

Ugh, I really hope TWI doesn't poo poo up the game with Payday crap.

They probably won't. In Killing Floor 2, the worst they did with promotional stuff was just have a crossover character who looked mildly out of place, and that was just the Pyro. All other promotional characters managed to fit in decently. Payday 2 is kind of the same, they'll probably just have a bunch of masks or patterns, or make a heist like the Hotline Miami heist where it's still distinctly in the Payday 2 style but with clear references to the game. That is if they even do anything at all.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Can't wait to play as EOD suit guy again

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Theta Zero posted:

They probably won't. In Killing Floor 2, the worst they did with promotional stuff was just have a crossover character who looked mildly out of place, and that was just the Pyro. All other promotional characters managed to fit in decently.

I could see them maybe porting over a map or two and having one of the masks as a paintjob for Foster or something.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Theta Zero posted:

They probably won't. In Killing Floor 2, the worst they did with promotional stuff was just have a crossover character who looked mildly out of place, and that was just the Pyro. All other promotional characters managed to fit in decently. Payday 2 is kind of the same, they'll probably just have a bunch of masks or patterns, or make a heist like the Hotline Miami heist where it's still distinctly in the Payday 2 style but with clear references to the game. That is if they even do anything at all.

Pyro guy was only out of place if you didn't play as Firebug and use him.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

"The BioLab is a shitstorm!"

"WHO MADE THIS FLESHPOUND, THE COPS?"

"BROKE DICK PIECE OF poo poo DOOR!"

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I'm hoping this cross-over has two degrees of separation and I get to play as Jacket.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The only benefit I could see to a cross over is playing as Not Keanu Reeves in KF 2.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
But Payday 2 already has a bundle of cash as a melee weapon :(

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Well we've already got bullet time :shobon:

I was also a bit disappointed that most tactical reloads were just the animations sped up. I wish they'd gone a bit silly with them and had you just toss a couple of shells in front of you and snap the double-barreled closed around them or twirling your AR clips around your fingers or something. I'll probably keep it for Commando because single shot damage is eeeh but Support's Zed stagger actually sounds pretty useful for denying Scrakes/FPs. Has anyone messed around with it enough to tell if it's really that useful?

Also gifs:

Hey what's up what's goin on in this level guys

Stalker goes splat

A Husk defecting to our side for a brief moment

Pretty good Husk bash

Watch this guy solo a Scrake with just his knife loving MAD SKILLZ right here

A close Hans kill

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Another victim claimed by the Backup Talent's lies.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Lemon Curdistan posted:

"BROKE DICK PIECE OF poo poo DOOR!"

If there's one thing I wanted collaborated it's Chains in Kf2.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I could easily see a colab. Payday 2 gets some Zed based patterns and masks along with a Horzine heist map like the Left 4 Dead No Mercy one from PayDay 1. KF2 would probably get the PayDay crew as skins and probably a map based in First World Bank or themed around it like the KF1 Portal map

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

I made a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0mE05RaJJI

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
0:28 "Turn the other cheek" indeed :wink:

Just tried my hand at Hell on Earth, and while I still feel that the jump from Hard to Suicidal is bigger, holy poo poo. Trash zeds never stop sprinting. Ever. And I have no bullets. And why are Husks spawning on wave 2/10? AAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

A gif, in which Alteisen learns the true meaning of teamwork.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012
One thing I've never really understood is why Zed Time isn't a player resource usable at will that refills as you do stylish things to kill specimens.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fleshpound knows how to relax.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Wales Grey posted:

One thing I've never really understood is why Zed Time isn't a player resource usable at will that refills as you do stylish things to kill specimens.

Due to the nature of time manipulation, it needs to happen to everyone at the same time. So who gets to push the button? Everyone? A designated team leader? It would be messy either way. Either people will yell at one guy to stop being a moron and push button, or everyone will bitch at little Timmy wastes the resource on a single clot.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

I want Zerkers to not slow down at all during Zedtime. That would be a hell of a perk

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

Mindblast posted:

Due to the nature of time manipulation, it needs to happen to everyone at the same time. So who gets to push the button? Everyone? A designated team leader? It would be messy either way. Either people will yell at one guy to stop being a moron and push button, or everyone will bitch at little Timmy wastes the resource on a single clot.

Well, the way ZED time is activated, actually doing stylish things could be given a modifier when the game checks for activation, so as to increase chance of ZED time dropping.

You get like a 3-5% chance for various ways you've killed a ZED, if you kill a ZED that fulfills multiple requirements each is a separate activation check. Based on the time since ZED time last dropped, you have no chance (10s since), normal chance (10-30s since), double chance (30s-60s) or quad chance (60s+ since).

My suggestion for the Commando was chaining kills within 1s of each other added .5% activation chance, so getting 10 kills together would be something like 5.5%, 6%, 6.5%...9.5%, 10%.

For the Berserker, I could see what could count as a stylish kill (launching the body, causing MEAT to go nuts, etc) storing 5% towards an activation of ZED time which decreases by .5% every second. Once 100% is reached, the bonus applies to any kill and ZED time is activated. The problem is figuring out what the hell a stylish kill would even be.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Whale Cancer posted:

I want Zerkers to not slow down at all during Zedtime. That would be a hell of a perk

How much do you bet it's gonna be a Martial Artist thing ?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Ledgy posted:

How much do you bet it's gonna be a Martial Artist thing ?

DEAD ON

*does a spinning flip over a scrake and rips its spine out*

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Whale Cancer posted:

It's a Lv. 25 Commando perk to do that. I still think it's dumb.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Zed time is that thing that happens when everything goes slow and your reloading your gun in slow motion right? I've never seen the point in that.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
you joke, and I thought i'd get tired of the effect after a week but 200 hours in KF1 later i still enjoy it every time it happens.

also the matrix sequels never happened so bullettime will be cool forever

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

it helps if you're talking to people and you stop to make the noise for zed-time kicking in and ending whenever it happens

buuuvooop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Zed time while characters are speaking will never not amuse me. I'm glad it happens so much in this one!