Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Ghostlight posted:

Also DNA tests don't work that way, and also there was that high profile case of a woman who turned out to have chimaerism that had a court official literally supervise her birth and the DNA testing of her child and still failed to be recognised as the mother.

Chimaerism is a :psyduck: and a half. Has that ever shown up in comics? I'm curious now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Yes. No. Yes. No. Yes. No.

Photoshop?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

A modicum of photoshop.

[Uncanny Xmen #475]

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Chimaerism is a :psyduck: and a half. Has that ever shown up in comics? I'm curious now.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Nobody who's ever written a comic knows enough about genetics to actually depict chimerism in any way.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Oh hey, that bares a striking resemblance to ~Cryptozoic Man~, a character 'invented' by the guys from Comic Book Men:

"But, you see, the original has a tree and diamond limb and ours has NO wooden or mineral-based appendages at all!"

Don't look for the larger image of this, or GIS for other panels. "Crossed" has less hosed-up visuals than this book.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 11:17 on May 19, 2015

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

MikeJF posted:

Nobody who's ever written a comic knows enough about genetics to actually depict chimerism in any way.

I think Brubeker could make a hell of a graphic novel out of it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

MikeJF posted:

If you're going to restrict comic book writers to writing about things they understand, the whole business would immediately vanish.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

prefect posted:

If you're going to restrict comic book writers to writing about things they understand, the whole business would immediately vanish.

Charles Soule's She Hulk would be the last comic left.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

muscles like this? posted:

Charles Soule's She Hulk would be the last comic left.

But it would just star Jennifer Walters, not She-Hulk.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Battle of the Atom. The future version of time lost Jean Grey came back in time from that new timeline and died in front of her younger, time displaced self.

Wait I thought that was an illusory Jean Grey created by Charles Xavier III.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Oh hey, that bares a striking resemblance to ~Cryptozoic Man~, a character 'invented' by the guys from Comic Book Men:

"But, you see, the original has a tree and diamond limb and ours has NO wooden or mineral-based appendages at all!"

Don't look for the larger image of this, or GIS for other panels. "Crossed" has less hosed-up visuals than this book.
Be fair, if you remove the Vegetable and Mineral from Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man, all you're left with is... wait a second.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Notice that face with horns coming out the eyes?

Junji Ito's Uzumaki.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Wait I thought that was an illusory Jean Grey created by Charles Xavier III.

No, she was the future version of time lost Jean.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Battle of the atom made no fucken sense and was the worst

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Rhyno posted:

No, she was the future version of time lost Jean.
She was an empty Xorn costume that everyone believed to be the future version of time lost Jean.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

God I hate X-Men sometimes.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

God I hate time travel sometimes.

FTFY

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

bobkatt013 posted:

Battle of the atom made no fucken sense and was the worst

What? You didn't like big boobed, hulked out Molly Hayes?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Huge boobs we can do without, and at least the muscles are justifiable for super strength character, but I'm sad that future Molly is not wearing a silly hat.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I would counter that do-rags count as silly, if not so much hats.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
There were five different X-Men teams in Battle of the Atom and only one of them was pretending. Two of them were from the future. That's mental.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I would counter that do-rags count as silly, if not so much hats.

I don't know about the goggles or metal armor either. Maybe steampunk is in fashion in that future.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
i want an x-men event that's Jeans of Future Past and it's just Wolverine travelling through time trying to find his favourite pair of jeans

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Someone please, please, please post that letter from the latest issue of Jem which is just a guy bitching about how much it SUCKS because Thompson and Campbell CHANGED THINGS! (Including stuff they didn't actually change)

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

mind the walrus posted:

God I hate X-Men sometimes.

I have a button for you.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/233961837/x-men-is-really-confusing-rachel-and?ref=shop_home_active_5

dordreff posted:

i want an x-men event that's Jeans of Future Past and it's just Wolverine travelling through time trying to find his favourite pair of jeans

Groan!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I want an alternate version of The Wolverine where Wolverine became so distraught over killing Jean that he cannot wear jeans so Logan just dresses like Hugh Jackman's character in Chappie.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Archie vs. Predator #2.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
SECRET WARS: BATTLEWORLD #1

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Gavok posted:

Archie vs. Predator #2.

I must have this entire series.

:gaz:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Majuju posted:

Excellent NEXTWAVE callback there.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Excellent NEXTWAVE callback there.

It's too bad they trounced all the Elvis ones.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Majuju posted:

goddammit secret wars is gonna freaking bankrupt me

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Gavok posted:

Archie vs. Predator #2.

There's also the scene where they wish on a falling star (which is actually the Predator's space ship):

Archie vs Predator #1

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

John Dyne posted:

There's also the scene where they wish on a falling star (which is actually the Predator's space ship):

Archie vs Predator #1

The redhead on the right seems like DnD avatar material- heck, she could be their mascot.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Discendo Vox posted:

The redhead on the right seems like DnD avatar material- heck, she could be their mascot.

Only if she was saying "Death to the Bourgeoisie!" instead.

Lunatic Pathos
May 16, 2004

I shouldn't tell you this but you're the only one I can trust...
Death to the proletariat makes no sense for anyone to say. "Death to all the workers in my factory. Once they're gone, nothing will stand in the way of my profits!" Unless maybe automation is super advanced in the Archie-verse, such that all of humanity is super affluent and served by robot workers.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

The MSJ posted:

and at least the muscles are justifiable for super strength character

I thought she had like tactile telekinesis or some poo poo.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Majuju posted:

My favorite part of that was either Nextwave M.O.D.O.K. the old world M.O.D.O.K. who thought all of the modern technologies were all alchemy or sorcery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Lunatic Pathos posted:

Death to the proletariat makes no sense for anyone to say. "Death to all the workers in my factory. Once they're gone, nothing will stand in the way of my profits!" Unless maybe automation is super advanced in the Archie-verse, such that all of humanity is super affluent and served by robot workers.

Death doesn't have to be fast, and the rich clearly don't need to be logical.