Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

TheDisreputableDog posted:

Even though you opened the door here, it would feel a little gauche pointing out that your guy is half caucasian, so I'll just point out that the republican lawmakers elected in 2014 broke through several diversity barriers.

Is this seriously a thing you just wrote?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Warlords?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
And they did all eat, and were filled: and they took up of the fragments that remained twelve baskets full.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I've told them a hundred times: put Rick Santorum first and Puppet Show last!

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Joementum posted:

And they did all eat, and were filled: and they took up of the fragments that remained twelve baskets full.

Perry proudly keeping the Pizza Ranch circuit alive.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I sometimes idly wonder if banning divorce is the next battle after banning abortion.

EDIT: Of course I just finished reading The Handmaid's Tale, so I'm just a bit biased here.

vvvv stole the words right out of my mouth vvvv

No no, just no-fault divorce. Adultery and maybe domestic violence are perfectly valid traditional divorce causes. Oh, and desertion, which is sort of like adultery but without the fun bits.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Joementum posted:

But did either of them tip?

more friedman units
Jul 7, 2010

The next six months will be critical.

"The statists were sending food in violation of all rational self-interest, but...

[grabs McRib]

...private defense agencies rightly intercepted it as payment for services rendered to the locals."

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

mlmp08 posted:

Well this post objectively overstates the lack of diversity in the GOP.

Maybe. But if you took the GOP's Congressional delegation and combined it with its governors and state legislators, it's probably pretty drat close.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Even though you opened the door here, it would feel a little gauche pointing out that your guy is half caucasian, so I'll just point out that the republican lawmakers elected in 2014 broke through several diversity barriers.

Source your quotes. :dogbutton:

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Evil Fluffy posted:

You have to be a loving gimmick. Even diehard Rush listeners aren't (usually) this stupid.

Look I'll admit Moving Pictures was something of a disappointment but you can't deny the power of Red Barchetta.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Concerned Citizen posted:

Perry proudly keeping the Pizza Ranch circuit alive.

Pizza Ranches have a ton of religious signs in them, it's kind of offputting. Good chicken though, my dad talked to one of their managers once to try and replicate it for the buffet he was running but apparently they get all their chicken from one place that only sells to them.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Pohl posted:

Source your quotes. :dogbutton:

We put up both the youngest woman and youngest Hispanic to ever serve in Congress, the first woman senator ever from several states, the first (popularly elected) southern black Senator from either party, etc. Dems are certainly better when it comes to diversity, but I don't think either party is actually representative of the population either.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joementum posted:

Better than the other ranch he was associated with

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Better than the other ranch he was associated with

"Niggerhead" is a historical landmark.

We put up both the youngest woman and youngest Hispanic to ever serve in Congress, the first woman senator ever from several states, the first (popularly elected) southern black Senator from either party, etc. Dems are certainly better when it comes to diversity, but I don't think either party is actually representative of the population either.

:argh: just lol

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

I'm glad you're able to bridge the gap and bring white supremacists and people who think exterminating non whites might be a bit extreme all under your big tent.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

ohgodwhat posted:

I'm glad you're able to bridge the gap and bring white supremacists and people who think exterminating non whites might be a bit extreme all under your big tent.

This is not a repost from 1988 when Democrats fielded both LaRouche and David Duke.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

the first (popularly elected) southern black Senator from either party, etc.

I wouldn't hang my hat on Tim Scott. It's nearly impossible to be elected without an R next to your name in SC. Republicans are the only ones that could have a black senator elected here.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Pretty good run from TheDisreputableDog, but the last post was too obvious.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Look I'll admit Moving Pictures was something of a disappointment but you can't deny the power of Red Barchetta.

Now I know you're a goddamn troll, any Rush fan knows that Moving Pictures was one of their best albums.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Nevermind the troll, Hillary's campaign is crashing and burning!

edit

Let's go over those links in order:

theblaze, dailymail, dailymail, weeklystandard, nyt, nyt, nyt, thehill, youtube, politico, washingtontimes, newyorkpost, and thehill

Was expecting at least one infowars, 3/10.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 14:05 on May 19, 2015

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

To be fair, the left did practically nothing with a greater majority in the Senate AND the Executive.

Of course, since H-Rizzle was kind enough to allow procedural Senate rules to be changed with a simple majority, we're probably just setting the table.

Your party is so incompetent it let Ted Cruz in. Also nothing lol? I guess the biggest healthcare reform in this countries history is nothing!

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

GalacticAcid posted:

Pretty good run from TheDisreputableDog, but the last post was too obvious.

So, admittedly I haven't posted here in years.

But has this become a place where laying out arguments and facts that make the left look bad is "trolling" while statements like "FYI 95% OF PUBS ARE WHITE MALES" are considered de rigueur sabre rattling?

This is kind of an honest question, since what I've posted doesn't come close to some of the anti-right invective I've seen since I started lurking again.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Rand Paul is taking a stand against aborting stock video babies playing in fields.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyRyG-n5S2U

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

So, admittedly I haven't posted here in years.

But has this become a place where laying out arguments and facts that make the left look bad is "trolling" while statements like "FYI 95% OF PUBS ARE WHITE MALES" are considered de rigueur sabre rattling?

This is kind of an honest question, since what I've posted doesn't come close to some of the anti-right invective I've seen since I started lurking again.

I love that you think poo poo that your party did 40+ years ago somehow invalidates the MOUNTAINS of racist poo poo they're doing now, but here in reality, most people don't think it does.

LeeMajors posted:

I wouldn't hang my hat on Tim Scott. It's nearly impossible to be elected without an R next to your name in SC. Republicans are the only ones that could have a black senator elected here.

Scott's also a nutcase on the level of Ben Carson, so there's that. Makes it easier for the racists to vote for him.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 15:34 on May 19, 2015

Bizarro Watt
May 30, 2010

My responsibility is to follow the Scriptures which call upon us to occupy the land until Jesus returns.

This whole thing was so intensely idiotic.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I'm amazed that supposed Thinking Persons in the 21st Century still support the GOP.

Unless you are literally the Monopoly guy or the Duggars, they actively work against your interests.

I can forgive the elderly I guess--clinging to a life raft of false promises of yesteryear.

American Politics, y'all. :911:

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Sid Blumenthal -- who was blocked from joining State Department, but was instead hired by Clinton Foundation while simultaneously having business relationships with firms seeking Libyan contracts -- had an email address that appears to have been chosen to mimic a white house/state department email address, mimicked State Department formatting in sending non-intel "intel" that served to further to enrich said business relationships (some of these people themselves having financial relationships with the Clintons through other means), and these emails were sent out by Hillary Clinton personally to various key figures on Libyan policy including the late Ambassador.

Nope, nothing amiss here. Just a Republican conspiracy.

edit: also a shame to see Vox becoming a tool for Republicans... http://www.vox.com/2015/5/16/8614881/Hillary-Clinton-took-money

quote:

The latest episode in the Clinton money saga is different from the others because it involves the clear, direct personal enrichment of Hillary Clinton, presidential candidate, by people who have a lot of money at stake in the outcome of government decisions.

Arkane fucked around with this message at 15:57 on May 19, 2015

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

LeeMajors posted:

I'm amazed that supposed Thinking Persons in the 21st Century still support the GOP.

Unless you are literally the Monopoly guy or the Duggars, they actively work against your interests.

I can forgive the elderly I guess--clinging to a life raft of false promises of yesteryear.

American Politics, y'all. :911:

It's not about the platforms, it's about my [City Name] [Sports Team] beating your [City Name] [Sports Team]. For the "low information voter" as Rush is oft wont to say, that's all that matters.
The average voter doesn't really understand what government is there for, or provides- outside of the military (see: "Get your government out of my Medicare!" etc.). The election is a sporting event.
That people care about hot button social issues more than statistics or economic and financial matters should come as no surprise; humans are social creatures... and math and history class loving sucks.
If they wanted to put up with that bullshit, they'd have been a teacher.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 16:19 on May 19, 2015

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Mister Macys posted:

history class loving sucks.

This is because human beings suck.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Mister Macys posted:

It's not about the platforms, it's about my [City Name] [Sports Team] beating your [City Name] [Sports Team]. For the "low information voter" as Rush is oft wont to say, that's all that matters.
The average voter doesn't really understand what government is there for, or provides- outside of the military (see: "Get your government out of my Medicare!" etc.). The election is a sporting event.
That people care about hot button social issues more than statistics or economic and financial matters should come as no surprise; humans are social creatures... and math and history class loving sucks.

It's either that or your political party is a holy crusade to crush the infidels (people who disagree with you). That's what partisans (of any political affiliation) believe.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
All part of the sports team mentality. See: NCAA/NFL football

An Angry Bug posted:

This is because human beings suck.

Less Protestant Victorianism, more pirates! :colbert:

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 16:24 on May 19, 2015

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Tempest_56 posted:

Now I know you're a goddamn troll, any Rush fan knows that Moving Pictures was one of their best albums.

God and gun clingers
Mean mean hate
Today's right wingers
High mean weight

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Mister Macys posted:

Maybe for some.

The worst part of politics is how easily distracted the average voter is by meaningless social issues.

Joe Blow Midwestern Evangelist will vote for the candidate that screams loudest on protecting Traditional Marriage and banning abortion, and ignore the fact that they are raiding his social security and recording his phone conversations. Or being actively bribed by SuperPACs.

I want so badly to be involved in politics, or to care about causes. The white noise is loving unbearable.

Apathy occasionally gives way to periods of intense concern, then I just drift right back to apathy.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Should I be shocked that someone in the Clinton circle seems not only crooked but incompetent at crookedness?

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

God and gun clingers
Mean mean hate
Today's right wingers
High mean weight

Begin the day with a pro-Bush post
A companion unobtrusive
Catch the tempban that's so elusive
And the forum hate makes your morning mood

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

I don't think you need to be the Monopoly guy to see tangible benefits of the Bush tax cuts or knock mortgage interest off your taxable income.

That said, the idea that the Democrats are somehow anti-corporate or not in bed with wall st is ludicrous.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Hey guys, shut up

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Arkane posted:

Sid Blumenthal -- who was blocked from joining State Department

Because Rahm didn't like him because he had said negative things about Obama while working on the Clinton campaign

Arkane posted:

but was instead hired by Clinton Foundation while simultaneously having business relationships with firms seeking Libyan contracts

And? Is there some problem with him working for the Foundation and also advising people who were trying to do work in Libya?

quote:

had an email address that appears to have been chosen to mimic a white house/state department email address

An AOL email address which was SB (Sid Blumenthal) WHO (White HOuse) EOP (Executive Office of the President.)

Hm. I forget. Did Sid Blumenthal ever work in the WHO/EOP? Oh, he did? Back in the late 1990s under Clinton? Isn't the late 90s when people actually used AOL email addresses?

Dude set up his email address 20 years ago with where he worked in it because he worked in the White House. I'm sure he did so so that 20 years down the road he could try and trick his old boss and personal friend into thinking he worked for the President.

Arkane posted:

mimicked State Department formatting in sending non-intel "intel" that served to further to enrich said business relationships

His emails are standard memos. That's what memos look like in politics. Where he worked in the past. Do you think he might have been sending them in that format because that's what he was used to writing in, or what he was receiving them in from other people? Or, no, must have been part of some crazy plan to deceive everyone.

Arkane posted:

(some of these people themselves having financial relationships with the Clintons through other means),

<citation needed>

Arkane posted:

and these emails were sent out by Hillary Clinton personally to various key figures on Libyan policy including the late Ambassador.

With frequent "interesting, if accurate" and "can you tell me what this is about" notes. Her staff pretty clearly took it as unreliable information she was passing along from someone she trusted, which - oddly enough - is exactly what it was.

Arkane posted:

Nope, nothing amiss here. Just a Republican conspiracy.

Pretty much!

• Locked thread