Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will you #JoinTheForce?
I already have
I want to I just don't know how
Only if they sign Sid
#JoinTheForce
View Results

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

What would stop him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

oatgan posted:

What would stop him

Back drinking

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

He relapsed he's not in jail. He will show up and if he can't perform they hopefully have the sense not to put him out there if he's not back on the wagon by the time they do the shows

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
love gfw's whole "2001 angelfire e-fed" aesthetic

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Is this real? It's tough to know what's legit and what's a shop due to:

Spermgod posted:

love gfw's whole "2001 angelfire e-fed" aesthetic

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

bobkatt013 posted:

Think Scott Hall will still be showing up?

Hall has been removed from the roster page, so I doubt it.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

#LeaveTheForce

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Almost as good as getting Bob Sapp.

Meth Rollins
Jun 24, 2005

Hooooooooooo!

Meth Rollins fucked around with this message at 20:11 on May 19, 2015

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jet fuel can't melt wood beams.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Bold choice by Double J

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I am glad that Jeff can focus on the wrestler Benoit is and not the "incident"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

triplexpac posted:

Bold choice by Double J

I hope they book his son who really wants to be a wrestler

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Wait Scott Hall is drinking again?

Suppose I shouldn't be surprised but drat he was doing so well

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Wait Scott Hall is drinking again?

Suppose I shouldn't be surprised but drat he was doing so well

This has been happening every few months, unfortunately.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

oatgan posted:

What would stop him

Security.

http://rajah.com/node/47165

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

quote:

Apparently it was a roadie for one of the local bands playing at the festival that was feeding Hall drinks all night that led to the situation with him being ejected from the premesis.

:mad:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

They would not wait to be the attention the dude from Fall River got when they let him "perform"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Wrestlemania's over. Why can't DX stop loving with the nWo?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

This has been happening every few months, unfortunately.

That's sad. I mean I figure we all saw it coming eventually but it's one of those things you hope he doesn't gently caress up on all things considered. Don't get too many success stories in that side of wrestling.

Did Jake relapse too?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Scott Hall needs to be away from wrestling entirely. It's clear that the road is just too much for him to keep on the straight and narrow. Hiring him for a wrestling show is just negligent at this point.

DDP did a lot to help him get in a better place, but the dude needs serious help for the underlying problem (shooting a guy to death).

That said, this just is drat good:

Gavok posted:

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

And if you don't get this reference then I've got two words for ya

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Did Jake relapse too?

I believe he's been sober but I think he was either injured or had surgery recently because he was retweeting a lot of fans wishing him good luck the other day.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Charles Gnarwin posted:

DDP did a lot to help him get in a better place, but the dude needs serious help for the underlying problem (shooting a guy to death).

Yeah it's like, DDP has helped guys but at the same time I hope they also get legit help. I'm not sure what qualifications DDP has besides being a really nice guy.

It's a lot easier to stay on a good path when you have someone working closely with you all the time, it's one you're out on your own that you need your own strength I imagine.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Nash pretty much said that while DDP was doing some good he thought it was the constant supervision and safe space that was making more of a difference than the yoga.

He's probably right, but thats a lot less marketable.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

it's pretty easy to stay sober in rehab

the yoga and surgery helped with their constant physical pain though

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

it's pretty easy to stay sober in rehab

the yoga and surgery helped with their constant physical pain though

It also probably helped him lose weight, which is good for self-esteem, something that a lot of alcoholics genuinely struggle with

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I apparently have some McAfee thing installed on my computer that i forgot about until:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015
yeah i cant access their site either without getting a security warning

lol at the incompetence

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

flashy_mcflash posted:

I believe he's been sober but I think he was either injured or had surgery recently because he was retweeting a lot of fans wishing him good luck the other day.

Jake had an MRI done on his leg last week to follow up on where he had a cancerous tumor removed last year. Said on Twitter it was just to make it everything was "all straight." The last couple days DDP has been tweeting pictures of him and Jake filming together and them doing some sort of event opening up a new performance center, and Jake also did some sort of pseudo-wrestling appearance at a festival and has a spoken word show happening this weekend (on his 60th birthday no less), and is also doing an appearance at Comicon in Phoenix, so it sounds like Jake is doing really well in general right now. At least keeping himself busy in a productive way.

It's sad as hell to hear that about Scott Hall. Alcoholism at that level, it's no surprise there are relapses and he's a really tough case. It definitely doesn't seem like he should be on the road alone.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

He's relapsed a couple times.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
congratulations GFW's signings come some time September if it is still a thing.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Double J Jeff Jarrett (ain't he great) will be at the Lucha World Cup scouting for GFW and doing guest commentary for the English language iPPV.

Matt Striker, Vampiro, and Jeff Jarrett, in one booth.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Scott Hall moved out of the Accountabiliry Crib pretty fast after his hip surgery. Fortunately Jake stayed with DDP.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

At last we have an answer to the question "who will Jeff Jarrett sign for Global Force Wrestling?"

AJ Styles posted:

I think that there's definitely an opening, it's just finding an opening in the schedule. That's the biggest problem we've come across is my schedule is so full that it's hard to fit me in. That's the problem we're having right now. I always stay busy but I'd say it's only a matter of time before I show up in Global Force.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

At last we have an answer to the question "who will Jeff Jarrett sign for Global Force Wrestling?"

Contrast that with the answer he gave about TNA's hall of fame. Here he makes sure to say that he'll still appear eventually despite his schedule. TNA? Not so much.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Oh man I gotta drive to Jackson to see Best Friends wrestle

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

AJ's learning how to be diplomatic in his adulthood.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

quote:

The inaugural Global Force Wrestling shows take place this weekend in Jackson, TN and Knoxville, TV. Here are the cards for this weekend.
All info is up at http://www.globalforcewrestling.com

Friday, June 12 – Jackson, TN – The Ballpark At Jackson

Jackson, TN Meet and Greet
Jeff Jarrett, Karen Jarrett, Jim Cornette, Doc Gallows, Karl Anderson, “Bullet Babe” Amber Gallows, Chris “The Adonis” Mordetzky, Thea Trinidad, Dustin Starr

Sonjay Dutt vs. Jamin Olivencia
Lei'D Tapa vs. Thea Trinidad
Tate Twins vs. Best Friends
Kevin Matthews vs. Moose
The Bullet Club (Gallows/Anderson) vs. New Heavenly Bodies
Chris Mordetzky vs. Dustin Starr
Special guest: Jim Cornette

Saturday, June 13 – Knoxville, TN – Smokies Stadium

Knoxville, TN Meet and Greet
Jeff Jarrett, Karen Jarrett, Jim Cornette, Doc Gallows, Karl Anderson, “Bullet Babe” Amber Gallows, Chris “The Adonis” Mordetzky, Thea Trinidad, Devin Driscoll

Chris Mordetzky vs. Devin Driscoll
Sonjay Dutt and Chase Owens vs. Jamin Olivenica and Jason Kincaid
Tate Twins vs. Best Friends
Lei'D Tapa vs. Thea Trinidad
Kongo Kong vs. Moose
The Bullet Club (Gallows/Anderson) vs. New Heavenly Bodies

Special guest: Jim Cornette

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Didn't Dave say they were taping 13 weeks of television from this weekend? That card doesn't seem like enough to tape that many shows.

• Locked thread