Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Cabinet posted:

It's not topping unless you're smug as gently caress about it

We can't all be Hulk Hoban

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I think you'll find that we can, and to back my statement up I will write a 46 part essay on the topic.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
I decided to make Empowered Magicians on a whim, and it has been not only a fan-favourite among the viewers, but it has also been extremely consistent. I was even able to knock out Nekroz in 2 turns with it.

Monsters (20):

3x Dragonpit Magician
3x Dragonvein Magician
3x Insight Magician
3x Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon
3x Aether, The Wicked Empowering Dragon
3x Dragodeus, The Empowered Warrior
2x Dragonox, The Empowered Warrior

Spells (11):

3x Empowering Armory
2x Pot of Riches
2x Pendulum Moratorium
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Galaxy Cyclone
1x Raigeki

Traps (9):

3x Fiendish Chain
1x Compulsory Evacuation Device
1x Solemn Warning
1x Bottomless Trap Hole
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Vanity's Emptiness
1x Mirror Force

Extra Deck:

1x Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon
1x Number 11: Big Eye
1x Photon Strike Bounzer
1x Number 101: Silent Honor Ark
1x Evilswarm Exciton Knight
1x Castel, The Skyblaster Musketeer
1x Gagaga Cowboy
1x Constellar Omega
1x Photon Butterfly Assassin
1x Number 103: Ragnazero
1x Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon
1x Daigusto Emeral
1x Planetellar Ptolemaios
1x Cyber Dragon Nova
1x Cyber Dragon Infinity

When the newer cards are released onto Ygopro, I will be implementing them into the deck. For now, if you guys find any way to make improvements on this build, feel free. Personally, I find it annoying that I can't search out Aether in an easier manner. As well, the extra deck has been rarely used in my plays of the deck. Pot of Riches can get back your discarded Xyz materials, though.

Slur fucked around with this message at 22:24 on May 19, 2015

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
Interesting. I have a Pendulum deck with Aether and the Empowered, but I don't run all the Magicians or much of the support; instead I run some support Pendulums: Dragoknight Luster Pendulum, Rescue Hamster, and Eccentric Archfiend. Does your version run better? I've found mine to be a lot of fun and reasonably powerful.

EDIT: My build here:

The Dragonpits are only in because I needed another low scale, plus being level 4 and also is a <2000 ATK Spellcaster for the Empowereds. Trying to go full Magician doesn't seem that appealing, but maybe it makes the deck tick.

Myriad Truths fucked around with this message at 12:19 on May 19, 2015

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

The episode really was mostly filler, but it was partially saved by the looks of sheer confusion on the Security guards' faces.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I don't mind Shivers, but I imagine my hate for Yuya's clown shtick is pretty similar to how some people feel about him.

e: *Yuya's field gets wiped* "Enjoy the fireworks kids! :downs:"

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

What is it that you don't like of Yuya's schtick?

At the end of the day, his philosophy (if we want to be generous and call it that) boils down to "gotta make sure that everyone's happy" which isn't really objectionable as much as somewhat out of place in a card game special ops mission; and he did keep Reira from completely freaking out.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Myriad Truths posted:

Interesting. I have a Pendulum deck with Aether and the Empowered, but I don't run all the Magicians or much of the support; instead I run some support Pendulums: Dragoknight Luster Pendulum, Rescue Hamster, and Eccentric Archfiend. Does your version run better? I've found mine to be a lot of fun and reasonably powerful.

EDIT: My build here:

The Dragonpits are only in because I needed another low scale, plus being level 4 and also is a <2000 ATK Spellcaster for the Empowereds. Trying to go full Magician doesn't seem that appealing, but maybe it makes the deck tick.

Dragodeus searches for Insight and Dragonpit. Odd-Eyes searches nearly the entire deck. The rest is history.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Well he hasn't spent most of the series preaching to the audience, so having him pick the habit back up and basically narrate his own duel was obnoxious. I get the point of it all, tying in with his Smile World stuff and the desire for a friendly introduction to Synchro, but as a method of executing that it felt overdone. I'm ready for somebody to come and cite the exact number of times he went into Entertainer mode because I'm probably hyperbolizing.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I would say less than ten times, but seeing it for the fifth time is repetitive enough with the exact same presentation. I was hoping his fusion with the other him can merge their personality to entertain people with a different style of demeanor.

Xyz: super cool and confident
Synchro: Bike acrobatics :gifttank:
Fusion: Daring antagonist heel

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Well to clarify I meant how many Entertainer lines he spouts in episode 56 alone. Before it was usually limited to duel start or his turnaround/winning turn, which was fine as a gimmick.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

So, episode 56 warrants its own drinking game for the levels of stupidity both the protagonists and antagonists display throughout the episode.

Slur fucked around with this message at 00:18 on May 20, 2015

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Slur posted:

So, episode 56 warrants its own drinking game for the levels of stupidity both the protagonists and antagonists display throughout the episode.

In an episode full of idiocy, the crowning moment was Yuya getting backed into a corner surrounded by security, turning to Reira and going "This is fun, isn't it?". And Reira is just :stonk:

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I'd say Yuya was holding on pretty well all things considered. Once the backup came it was obvious he wasn't really trying to entertain them anymore, just distract them so the others could run.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Momomo posted:

I'd say Yuya was holding on pretty well all things considered. Once the backup came it was obvious he wasn't really trying to entertain them anymore, just distract them so the others could run.

He was riding a cartoon hippo. Why did he not run away with it and avoid the duel altogether? It's not like all of those cops would have been able to catch up with it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I'm just glad we got that extended hippo dance.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Slur posted:

He was riding a cartoon hippo. Why did he not run away with it and avoid the duel altogether? It's not like all of those cops would have been able to catch up with it.

If they were to run away then how would the cops smile?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Slur posted:

He's like 14 and has to deal with cops. I think I can cut him some slack.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Slur posted:

Because he didn't want to leave his friends behind?

EDIT: And I'm sure those security goons had their motorcycles nearby anyway.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Dexie posted:

Because he didn't want to leave his friends behind?

EDIT: And I'm sure those security goons had their motorcycles nearby anyway.

He probably doesn't know everyone has motorcycles in that dimension, but yeah, no way Yuya will just go "welp, Sawatari is being held up by the cops and Selena is loudly not backing down, better be a coward and make sure I do the opposite of the lesson I learned last night!"

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The thing is, Yuya isn't just there to fight an enemy and win. He wants to get the people of Synchro to trust and join forces with them. Showing them he's a fun loving entertainer with well meaning intentions and not a hoodlum is part of that.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Director Dude at the end: "Well... that happened. I'm not quite sure what 'That' was, but it happened."

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I thought it was more like "Well, that was Crow's scene, got what I came here to see, better get off the computer now. Wonder if the anime store downtown has 5D's dvds..."

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

He probably doesn't know everyone has motorcycles in that dimension, but yeah, no way Yuya will just go "welp, Sawatari is being held up by the cops and Selena is loudly not backing down, better be a coward and make sure I do the opposite of the lesson I learned last night!"

They weren't listening to reason in the first place. Any logical person would have gone "well gently caress 'em". Furthermore, at the beginning of the episode, one of the cops jumped on the scaffolding and said "no way we're going to let you escape!", not having ANYTHING to block Yuya off with bar his own body.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Slur posted:

Any logical person would have gone "well gently caress 'em".

Lol yes, this is how this works.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
These faces are killing me, oh my god.

That's pretty much my reaction to the episode too.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Slur posted:

They weren't listening to reason in the first place. Any logical person would have gone "well gently caress 'em".

Being friends with you must be the loving bee's knees.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

"They said they won't listen to us! Well, this gathering allies in another dimension thing is an absolute wash! Let's get out of where and stop trying!"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

All I learned from this episode is never trust your back to Slur when it comes to card games. I bet you'd sacrifice my monsters without consulting me during a tag duel. :(

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

All I learned from this episode is never trust your back to Slur when it comes to card games. I bet you'd sacrifice my monsters without consulting me during a tag duel. :(

This is only acceptable if your tag partner still isn't replying and you have three seconds before you hit the time limit and it's the opponent's turn. Outside of these circumstances you are somewhere between Yuri and Marik in the morality scale.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Beef Waifu posted:

These faces are killing me, oh my god.

That's pretty much my reaction to the episode too.

"Jean-Michel, what are you doing?" "Watching Turbo Duels." "It's 4'o'clock in the morning. Why on earth are you watching Turbo Duels?" "Because I've lost control of my life."

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

paradoxGentleman posted:

This is only acceptable if your tag partner still isn't replying and you have three seconds before you hit the time limit and it's the opponent's turn.

Or if your partner is Alexis.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Between the option of "letting all of us get captured" and "letting myself go free", knowing that my partners are Krillin and female-Vegeta, I'd choose the latter.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wait, which one's the Krillin because there's two potential Krillins.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
And it better not be Sawatari, because he's Piccolo.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

And it better not be Sawatari, because he's Piccolo.

It's Sawatari.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm closing the thread forever

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Rest In Piss. I'll miss u guys :qq:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Sawatari is the best duelist in the entire franchise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Sawatari is the best duelist in the entire franchise.

OHKO'd by mooks. Offscreen.

Slur fucked around with this message at 23:31 on May 20, 2015