Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Poor little piggies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Mat_Drinks posted:

Soak the affected foot in warm water with plenty of epsom salt nightly. That'll help with the swelling and pain and assuming it's not toe is falling off bad will help your body heal the infection.

It's an in office procedure to get it fixed and it's pretty unpleasant. Or go at yourself with needle nose pliers :)

And are you maybe cutting your nails TOO aggressively? You shouldn't be on the sides, that's part of what can cause them (OR SO SAYS THE ARNP THAT BUTCHERED ME, THE MONSTER)

Yeah, my wife is in cosmetology school so she'll actually get credit for dealing with it. Counts as a pedicure for her :v:

And I'm in the military, so unless my toe is actively falling off they give no fucks. I probably am cutting them too short, I generally cut all around and make sure there's no white and there's toe sticking out well past the nail. Same with fingers.

So I imagine it's some combination of cutting too much, and being in boots + socks for 10+ hours almost every day for the past seven years.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They just want to go to the drat market!

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Deeters posted:

living in Virginia

Where at?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

All I can really say right now is trying to work with a migraine is a horrible idea. I had to pull over several times because my vision kept going white and/or double from pain, and got pulled over once for suspicion of DUI (blew 0.00, just had one of the worst migraines in the world). :sigh:

Cops did a literal WTF when I said I had a horrible migraine, and asked me why my boss would make me drive like that. I wish I had an answer for them.

Closing manager managed to get me out about an hour early, and called every off-duty employee trying to see if she could get someone to come in to take my place. I only get migraines once or twice a year, but when the shift manager asked if the corner store at the other end of our parking lot had anything that could help, I told her "not even heroin would help this". I'm gonna guess she doesn't know that heroin was over the counter at one point, going by the look I got.

Upside: I got to sleep for about an hour in my car after clocking out. Migraine is still terrible bad, but at least I can handle opening my eyes and seeing any kind of light now. If it's not gone by the morning I'll hit up a hospital, because holy gently caress this poo poo hurts bad. I was close to getting a hotel, but the hotels between work and home tend to be $90+/night. Hence the parking lot nap.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:11 on May 19, 2015

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
I thought about posting the lyrics to this in response to all the addiction problems it seems have been going around AI recently.

Don't get me wrong, everyone has their demons, for sure. I've been known to indulge beyond my limits--with disastrous results--on more than one occasion. But, occasionally, you've gotta just step back and objectively look at your life; reevaluate what you've been doing and what your priorities are. Love you guys. Stay safe out there.

Since it's nsfw and might be offensive to anyone not raised on hip hop, here's the video itself. Bless you, our patron saints of Atlanta, Dre and Big Boi. (Bonus reference to the closure of the Doraville GM plant and an Audi 80? inside.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CssC-DY4lO8

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

some texas redneck posted:

Cops did a literal WTF when I said I had a horrible migraine, and asked me why my boss would make me drive like that. I wish I had an answer for them.

At the first full time job I ever had (working at a lumber mill/wholesaler) one of my three bosses once accused me of making up illnesses when I called off one morning with a migraine, because "only women get migraines."

iwentdoodie posted:

And I'm in the military, so unless my toe is actively falling off they give no fucks. I probably am cutting them too short, I generally cut all around and make sure there's no white and there's toe sticking out well past the nail. Same with fingers.

There's your problem. I used to do that and I'd get ingrown nails all the drat time in my big toes. Then I let them grow out for a few months and I haven't had an ingrown nail since.

Geoj fucked around with this message at 08:44 on May 19, 2015

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I will buy the poo poo out of any model kits or RC cars that come out of Fury Road, but for now LEGO is OK.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

iwentdoodie posted:

Yeah, my wife is in cosmetology school so she'll actually get credit for dealing with it. Counts as a pedicure for her :v:

So I imagine it's some combination of cutting too much, and being in boots + socks for 10+ hours almost every day for the past seven years.

Straight-cut your toenails, so that the edges are clear of the fold of skin at the front edges of the nailbed. Otherwise, they ingrow. You can cut off the sharp corner that's left very slightly, but cutting your toenails, esp your big toenails, in a curve that follows the white is a recipe for disaster.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

At one point in Mad Max, I leaned over to my wife and whispered: this is Borderlands the movie.

I still stand by that. Also I'm going to work four 12 hour shifts so I can take friday off and WITNESS this spectacle again.

On a side note, I was telling my coworker, all of 26 years old, to go see Mad Max, it's the poo poo. His reply? WTF is mad max? :mediocre:

I weep for the future.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
:mediocre:

IOC PLEASE get this as the AI tag. And also rename AI into Fury Road. And have June chat thread, witness us so we may get to Valhalla

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I'm going to need a fuckload more metal polish to look anywhere near chrome and shiny by next month.

One of my friends (who loves the originals) didn't like Fury Road. :ohdear:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

June Chat Thread: You will arrive at the gates of Valhalla, shiny and chrome!

Didn't realize it was Memorial Day weekend coming up until a couple minutes ago when a mass of emails came through asking for people to cover on-call. Now I need to try to re-watch Mad Max before this weekend so I don't get interrupted half way through. Long weekend will be nice, roommates gone from Thursday afternoon to Monday night will be even better.

KozmoNaut posted:

I will buy the poo poo out of any model kits or RC cars that come out of Fury Road, but for now LEGO is OK.
Hell yes

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

NitroSpazzz posted:

June Chat Thread: You will arrive at the gates of Valhalla, shiny and chrome!

KozmoNaut posted:

Hell yes

Are we the same person?

WITNESS ME, BROTHER

MrsAdiabatic
Feb 26, 2015

Gotta get up to get Down's
I liked that the absolute worst version of the future is controlled by Harley. Fat, wheezy, white guys obsessed with chrome and no idea why. Even their battle cry is basically "loving look at me".

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Okay Raylan.

Elmore

:colbert:

It's true thou

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Yay I get to work with a bunch of guys who threw me under the bus a couple weeks ago for the next few days. loving scumbags. Break is mad tense right now ugh.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Yay I get to work with a bunch of guys who threw me under the bus a couple weeks ago for the next few days. loving scumbags. Break is mad tense right now ugh.

Ugh, oh man. That must be the worst!! What are you going to do with yourself?!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Lightbulb Out posted:

He'll do drugs.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

iwentdoodie posted:

So, thanks to wearing boots 24/7 for years on end, I have an issue with ingrown nails. I am also a master at ignoring them. I cut my nails regularly but if I can't get the ingrown part out, I just try to ignore it.

Finally one got to where I couldn't stand it, so my wife agreed to cut it out. Eventually she goes "so, how long has this been hurting?" "Uhhh, like two weeks...maybe three. Why?" "Oh, no reason. It's just super infected and oozing puss you dumb gently caress."

Stupid ingrown nails :( I never had them until the past two years, and it seems now like there's no way to get rid of them.

/oldgbs

Like everyone else said, stop cutting em so short. I used to have the same problem fifteen years ago when I wore sneakers. I've been wearing boots, usually steel toes, for 16 hours a day over the last... gently caress, 13 years, and have had zero ingrowns in that time.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Lightbulb Out posted:

I'm.... I'm noticing a pattern with you and aggro there.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Coredump posted:

I'm.... I'm noticing a pattern with you and aggro there.

You're not supposed to say anything about it, it's supposed the awkward under the surface tension that no one talks about.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

iwentdoodie posted:

So, thanks to wearing boots 24/7 for years on end, I have an issue with ingrown nails. I am also a master at ignoring them. I cut my nails regularly but if I can't get the ingrown part out, I just try to ignore it.

Finally one got to where I couldn't stand it, so my wife agreed to cut it out. Eventually she goes "so, how long has this been hurting?" "Uhhh, like two weeks...maybe three. Why?" "Oh, no reason. It's just super infected and oozing puss you dumb gently caress."

Stupid ingrown nails :( I never had them until the past two years, and it seems now like there's no way to get rid of them.

/oldgbs
When I was a teen I had several of those, both sides of each big toe, one of them at least twice.
When I had a doc fix them, the anesthetic is the worst part. Get them taken care of, you'll thank yourself later. And you'll get some nifty pain meds and antibiotics if its infected.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

ilkhan posted:

When I was a teen I had several of those, both sides of each big toe, one of them at least twice.
When I had a doc fix them, the anesthetic is the worst part. Get them taken care of, you'll thank yourself later. And you'll get some nifty pain meds and antibiotics if its infected.

I'd have to pay out of pocket. Our docs won't touch them until they're far gone enough to need surgery, up until that point they just hand you Motrin.

But thanks guys. Guess I'll just keep em longer and hope they stop happening.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Lightbulb Out posted:

Splash some poors

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

nm posted:

Splash some poors

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

That's why we have the Ignore button. For boring goons that can only talk about Miatas and motherboard numbers in the Misc Chat thread.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Super Aggro Crag posted:

That's why we have the Ignore button. For boring goons that can only talk about Miatas and motherboard numbers in the Misc Chat thread.

Because some people aren't interested in chronic drinking, your idiot co-workers/boss, splashing people, poor money skills, etc.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I prefer inane context-less daily work bullshit.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

My housemate enjoys talking about work. Whenever I get in he accosts me with work stories that are about as interesting as fingering your belly button. Like, I just don't care unless something cool has happened or someone nearly died or you dug up a treasure chest...

But no. I get to hear about him putting up lights in a warehouse pretty much every day for the next month or so it takes him to finish up.

Kill me now.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

88h88 posted:

My housemate enjoys talking about work. Whenever I get in he accosts me with work stories that are about as interesting as fingering your belly button. Like, I just don't care unless something cool has happened or someone nearly died or you dug up a treasure chest...

But no. I get to hear about him putting up lights in a warehouse pretty much every day for the next month or so it takes him to finish up.

Kill me now.

I bet his boss wasn't high as hell though!

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Some customer decided to walk their cat outside our shop while waiting for an oil change. There is frantic owner and a cat loose in our shop right now. Im just welding exhaust like nothing is happening.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Preoptopus posted:

Some customer decided to walk their cat outside our shop while waiting for an oil change. There is frantic owner and a cat loose in our shop right now. Im just welding exhaust like nothing is happening.

make sure you weld only the cat back!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Lightbulb Out posted:

I bet his boss wasn't high as hell though!

They're using one of these so he's definitely high at work.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Preoptopus posted:

It is a cat, it did all of this on purpose.

CornHolio posted:

make sure you weld only the cat back!

brilliant.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Super Aggro Crag posted:

How did a bunch of guys throw you under the bus a couple weeks ago for the next few days??

GRAMMAR!!! :classiclol:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Sorry I just figured the guy talking poo poo would have more of a life than to somehow quote my posts and keep talking poo poo even though I've had him on Ignore for a week now. :newfap:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Oh snap, you called?

Check it, Z77 with an Ivy Bridge i5 in the main box, SuperMicro in the NAS box, and that N32 is something that my roommate left. I should probably sell it.

Still haven't redone the mounts for the passenger side on the Miata. Been lazy and havent' cleaned up my autox times from a few weeks ago.

Lexus parts, Miata parts, Mazda2 parts, and a Kia Sportage diff all in the same shot. I gotta send that Dell box out, it's filled with some shocks that need to be revalved.

HTPC on the left, NAS box down below. I love my blower, .75HP of dust bustin' fury.

I went through my bag and this was all the money I had left from Japan, only 14 yen worth.

Phone fucked around with this message at 17:30 on May 19, 2015

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Sorry I just figured the guy talking poo poo would have more of a life than to somehow quote my posts and keep talking poo poo even though I've had him on Ignore for a week now. :newfap:

I'm sorry to hear that, bro. Some rando im'd me today and was asking me a bunch of questions this morning and I was all like "AAAA I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT" then I creeped on them on the company directory. I also got wicked blitzed this weekend on edibles oh man it was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
I can't figure out why this SuperMicro X8DTL-3F won't power on self test.

• Locked thread