Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
It does seem like Bitsie Tulloch wanted out of her contract out and the writers wrote her this way in retaliation, and yet she's been participating in the social media stuff about the show, like Twitter and a Facebook Q&A (which I couldn't read because I don't facebook). You'd think that someone who wants off the show wouldn't participate so enthusiastically.

Also things which didn't happen: The Comic Con panel before this season said that we'd get another key this season. I guess the main plot was just chock too full of other things like:
  • The Royals wanting to find Adalind's baby

Which has only occupied two and a half seasons of the show so far.

I actually think the finale actually wasn't that bad (compared to the events that got us there). Most of the Royals and a bunch of Verrat were wiped out and they killed Juliette, which is basically the best outcome for that plot. Maybe now that a ton of Royals are dead and the resistance really does have the baby we can finally loving move on from that cancerous plo-ah ha ha ha ha ha yeah right.

Accretionist posted:

I think the moment this show lost me was when I could see they were going to explore a Nick-Adalind pairing.

That's my fear as well. If they try to go there, then I am instantly done. I did like the moment in the finale when Bud asks "do you think Adalind and Nick will move in and get married" and Rosalie just stares at him and says "NO," because part of me was actually suspecting that's where Juliette's turn was heading, and I took that conversation as the writers trying to reassure us that it was not.

EDIT:

http://tvline.com/2015/05/15/grimm-juliette-dies-dead-season-5-spoilers/

:suicide:

Well, poo poo. Okay, then. I guess I will go along with the plan for the Season 5 OP. Have a sneak preview:

Grimm Season 5: Starring CLAIRE COFFEE as: “The Dumbest Woman Alive”

Sure the producers might have been joking around in that interview, but I can't trust them when it comes to Adalind.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 12:48 on May 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Season 5 Preview: Adiland and Nick's baby

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

Haha, holy poo poo that Adalind scream with the head in the closet.

Also, Rosalee and Monroe being tired of all this dumb poo poo was a great scene.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Hollywood Reporter interview

On the lighter side The Grimm Writer s twitter feed is actually pretty funny.

GrimmWriters posted:

"Before you guys go, have you ever... woken up, face down in a pool with all your clothes on?"
"Every Saturday."
"Wait outside, Wu."

GrimmWriters posted:

"I feel so bad for Nick"
"How's he handling it?"
"Murder spree."

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 17:50 on May 16, 2015

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013
For as insanely bad this show had gotten, I guess the finale was "okay." I got excited to see Misner. Especially because I was screaming at the television all while the team notes that the helicopter is how they will escape. So instead of simply bunkering down near the helicopter, they go inside the 50-billion-sqaure-foot mansion and play hide and seek. It was something along the lines of "great, another season of Nick being a loving idiot, and causing these plots to drag on." Still, it shows how completely bad at this he really is.

I thought Rosalee could've killed Adalind after she assured Bud that Nick and Adalind will never be together. The way she looked at her. Perhaps she will call Alexander next season and we can have him talk to old man "about this special Grimm" and we can have the council chase after a baby for an entire season and a half.

Did we ever get a hint at who Chavez is/works for? Is she resistance, one of the other Royal families, the council, a completely new shadow organization we will just find out about? Tune in next season.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I kind of love how Trubel shows up, and isn't Nick so her Grimm blood would take the Hexenbiest out of someone, and they don't even try it.

In fact if the actress wasn't fleeing the show they could totally retcon that she was shot with Trubel's Grimm blood and it wouldn't be too out of line (lame as it'd be).

JD Bucks 7 posted:

For as insanely bad this show had gotten, I guess the finale was "okay." I got excited to see Misner. Especially because I was screaming at the television all while the team notes that the helicopter is how they will escape. So instead of simply bunkering down near the helicopter, they go inside the 50-billion-sqaure-foot mansion and play hide and seek. It was something along the lines of "great, another season of Nick being a loving idiot, and causing these plots to drag on." Still, it shows how completely bad at this he really is.

This drove me nuts too. The helicopter should have landed on the roof of the building or something, so they'd been forced to fight their way up.

Instead it lands directly between them and the house yet they skip it for the house instead of at the very least murdering the pilot (which would have been an hilarious character death knowing what we do now) and trashing the copter before moving on. I don't even know why they had folks running in and storming the loving basement.

JD Bucks 7 posted:

I thought Rosalee could've killed Adalind after she assured Bud that Nick and Adalind will never be together. The way she looked at her. Perhaps she will call Alexander next season and we can have him talk to old man "about this special Grimm" and we can have the council chase after a baby for an entire season and a half.

I'm telling you, if they put a blade through her skull the second the baby is delivered and taken out of the room for causing every last bit of this after flat out raping Nick, I'll forgive them for all of this bullshit.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 17:00 on May 16, 2015

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Blazing Ownager posted:

I'm telling you, if they put a blade through her skull the second the baby is delivered and taken out of the room for causing every last bit of this after flat out raping Nick, I'll forgive them for all of this bullshit.

This would be great. Alas, even though they had an episode where it was clear that the writers were aware that dudes can be raped, I don't think it is going to happen.

Although I did like that nobody gave a poo poo when Adelind mentioned that Juliette almost killed her. Or maybe I was just projecting.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bored posted:

This would be great. Alas, even though they had an episode where it was clear that the writers were aware that dudes can be raped, I don't think it is going to happen.

The only show under similar circumstances with a male victim that flat out used the word rape in black & white and full of anger, of all things, was the niche sci-fi show Farscape. So you're probably right.

But I'd settle for "your bullshit got everyone I loved killed, prepare to die." Because that also is true.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Sigh.....but she's apparently like the producers' favorite or something, so we know for sure that won't happen. I do wonder what they're going to do with the baby though. I mean, dumping it by the road in a trashbag, while well-deserved, just seems heartless. And you can't pawn it off on someone else because A. it's part Hexenbiest and B. look what happened last time they tried that.

.....poo poo you guys, they're totally gonna kill the baby.

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013

Astrofig posted:

.....poo poo you guys, they're totally gonna kill the baby.

We could only be so lucky. The show is called Grimm. Not Nick Burkhardt. It should focus on Grimms and not babies as we have been told repeatedly that a Grimm's power kind of is adolescent at earliest. I don't care if the one royal hexenbiest gypsy ritual girl can predict future events and play with blocks in a cool way, she (for what we know right now) didn't prevent Kelly's death and didn't off the King herself but needed help. She seems pretty weak for a "world changing baby." I wouldn't mind one bit if she died, and it would make sense for something called "the resistance" to do because it is too powerful of a weapon or whatever to be in the hands of anyone.

And that is the special magical baby... Adalind and Nick's current baby? Even less of an interest. I don't want parenting drama. If I did I could watch Phil Dunphy be a cheerful moron to a laugh track. I want fantasy and action and Grimmness, not parents sticking together for the good of the child poo poo.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
Season 5, episode 1, scene 1:

Hank: "So, how are you handling it?"

Nick: "It's been great. The baby was adopted by a nice couple the Captain knows. They'd been foster parents to a zauberbiest kid before, so they've got a handle on it. Seemed so happy to have him, it was sweet."

Hank: "No, I mean the other thing."

Nick: "Oh, we got Adalind buried in her Mom's grave, along with what was left of her Mom. Who knew that a regular human couldn't survive delivering a zauberbiest baby? Guess she didn't, or she wouldn't have thrown away her powers until after the birth. Oops."

Hank: "No, I mean Juliet."

Nick: "Oh, no problem there. Wu and Renard got the case wrapped up as a robbery gone wrong. Trubel was the hero who beheaded the assailant in the alley as he fled. Even better, Juliet had a life insurance policy, so the house is completely paid off now. So it's all good."

Hank: "Now that's what I'm talkin' about."

*beer bottles clink*

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 23:23 on May 16, 2015

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I thought Juliette was on the copter with the King. How did she escape the mansion?

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
So did the Resistance pretty much cripple the Royals? I guess the prince that got written off still lives, but...

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

bamhand posted:

I thought Juliette was on the copter with the King. How did she escape the mansion?

Magic obviously

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

bamhand posted:

She seemingly got off the chopper before it took off, and quietly slipped away while all the heroes were busy thinking they had missed her. It wasn't like they had a solid perimeter or anything.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

One interesting thing: Kenneth's family name was Bowes-Lyon. That was the family name of the Queen Mother, the late mother of Queen Elizabeth II. So the Royals are almost certainly deep in with every ruling house of Europe; probably not the actual heads of state, but close enough to marry kings.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

ETB posted:

So did the Resistance pretty much cripple the Royals? I guess the prince that got written off still lives, but...

They crippled one of the Royal houses. There are still theoretically six others... somewhere.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
Ugh well they finally did it: they killed the show for me with Adalind's bullshit.

Is it just me or did the budget seemingly take a nosedive for the last few episodes too? Some of the CGI in the driving sequence was really bad, and the script has gotten steadily more slipshod.

Anywho. I'm done with this series, unfortunately. If you guy are still watching it next season I'll check in after 5 episodes or so to see if the quality has improved.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Boru posted:

Is it just me or did the budget seemingly take a nosedive for the last few episodes too? Some of the CGI in the driving sequence was really bad, and the script has gotten steadily more slipshod.

It seems like the CGI in driving has steadily declined to Toonces level in general of late. It's at the point I hate seeing anyone in any movie in a car

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Blazing Ownager posted:

I kind of love how Trubel shows up, and isn't Nick so her Grimm blood would take the Hexenbiest out of someone, and they don't even try it.

You know what else would take the hexenbiest out of someone?

A machete.

Astrofig posted:

I do wonder what they're going to do with the baby though.

Machete.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
You know what's awesome?
The fact that Juliette (good character until her hexenbeast transformation) is dead but Adalind (worst character) is still alive and also suddenly all sad and helpless.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Applewhite posted:

You know what's awesome?
The fact that Juliette (good character until her hexenbeast transformation) is dead but Adalind (worst character) is still alive and also suddenly all sad and helpless.
Judging by this interview with Greenwalt & Kouf (producer/creators of the show) it's going to get even more 'awesome' next season. (yeah, it was linked earlier, but this part needs repeating)

quote:

TVLINE | This may be too soon, but… Adalind and Nick are linked. Nick is now single —
KOUF | — and the father of her child.
TVLINE | Apart from that, for themselves, do you think Nick and Adalind could ever be attracted to each other?
KOUF | I think they have to try.

Sure, Adalind has tried to kill him repeatedly, tried to kill his Aunt/Surrogate Mother, cursed at least four of his closest friends at various times, ruined his relationship with his girlfriend, led to that girlfriend becoming a psychopath and then dying, also led to his Mother being murdered and the trailer filled with centuries of personal family history and vital Grimm knowledge being destroyed, is only carrying his baby because she raped him while casting a curse on him, tried to sell her first baby to the highest bidder, and performed unspeakable rituals while pregnant the first time.

But I guess they "have to try" to make a relationship work.

Maybe that line was supposed to be a joke, and I would have simply assumed as much maybe two seasons ago, but now this feels like they mean it.

It feels like every interview regarding Grimm has something in it that sounds... odd. Like they hate working together, but actors don't say no to a stable, paying gig. This interview with the actor playing Nick seemed pretty normal, except one answer.

quote:

CBR: What kind of discussions have you had with the producers about where things will end in season four and how it will affect the status quo?

David Giuntoli: I don’t ask, and they don’t really tell me. I don’t think they want to. Then, actors don’t have an opinion and they don’t have to deal with us.

Maybe it was supposed to be funny? Again, two seasons ago I would have just assumed that, but now I don't know.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 17:51 on May 18, 2015

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It's not often I give up on shows. It's really really rare to the point where I can count on one hand the number of times I've done so. But I'm 9 episodes behind on Grimm at this point and knowing where Juliette's story is going to go just makes we want to hit the big delete button on the DVR and write the show off. That level of character assassination is just terrible and I really don't even want to watch anything about this whole pregnancy bit with Nick and Adalind.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Sure, Adalind has tried to kill him repeatedly, tried to kill his Aunt/Surrogate Mother, cursed at least four of his closest friends at various times, ruined his relationship with his girlfriend, led to that girlfriend becoming a psychopath and then dying, also led to his Mother being murdered and the trailer filled with centuries of personal family history and vital Grimm knowledge being destroyed, is only carrying his baby because she raped him while casting a curse on him, tried to sell her first baby to the highest bidder, and performed unspeakable rituals while pregnant the first time.

Maybe that line was supposed to be a joke, and I would have simply assumed as much maybe two seasons ago, but now this feels like they mean it.

It feels like every interview regarding Grimm has something in it that sounds... odd. Like they hate working together, but actors don't say no to a stable, paying gig. This interview with the actor playing Nick seemed pretty normal, except one answer.

Yep. The interview would have been a clear joke years ago, now it's starting to sound.. not like a joke. I don't think they used to hate working with each other; there was a definite I guess sense of the crew having a good time that kind of leaked through and made the show fun, even when it honestly was just kind of lukewarm otherwise in spots. But I honestly think something happened during the break behind the scenes because ever since then, even their interviews seem to have flown off the rails.

bull3964 posted:

It's not often I give up on shows. It's really really rare to the point where I can count on one hand the number of times I've done so. But I'm 9 episodes behind on Grimm at this point and knowing where Juliette's story is going to go just makes we want to hit the big delete button on the DVR and write the show off. That level of character assassination is just terrible and I really don't even want to watch anything about this whole pregnancy bit with Nick and Adalind.

But if you close your eyes, you'll miss out on watching a live train crash!

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Blazing Ownager posted:

But if you close your eyes, you'll miss out on watching a live train crash!

There's too much poo poo to watch now to spend time watching trainwrecks. I made a cut from Under the Dome halfway through last season for similar reasons and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to finish this season of Helix because it was cancelled.

For some reason though, I'm bound and determined to finish Falling Skies. I think it's because they were told ahead of time that this is the last season so I want to see how bad the wrap up is.

ImpulseDrive
Jul 25, 2008
This reminds me a hell of a lot of the downward spiral that Sliders fell into beginning with John Rhys Davies leaving the show.

I wonder if, in the end, Hank's the only original character left, and they end the series on a cliffhanger fight that happens off screen.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Robot Hobo posted:

Judging by this interview with Greenwalt & Kouf (producer/creators of the show) it's going to get even more 'awesome' next season. (yeah, it was linked earlier, but this part needs repeating)

Maybe it was supposed to be funny? Again, two seasons ago I would have just assumed that, but now I don't know.

I got kind of behind on season 4 recently (stopped right around Adalind's pregnancy reveal) and I still had to look some of the newer stuff up just because it sounded so ridiculous that I wasn't sure if it was true. I think this is a show that's going to be relegated to "read an episode recap occasionally out of curiosity." Between the trainwreck that was Juliette's story (a character I liked!) and now this weird Nick/Adalind/magic super-baby #2 thing I can't watch anymore. God knows I was already kind of skipping my way through episodes anyway.

I feel like if this show makes it to some kind of series finale it might just give Dexter a run for its money.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

ImpulseDrive posted:

This reminds me a hell of a lot of the downward spiral that Sliders fell into beginning with John Rhys Davies leaving the show.

I wonder if, in the end, Hank's the only original character left, and they end the series on a cliffhanger fight that happens off screen.
A season long massacre where Hank, Wu, and Trubel are the only ones left standing would be the best at this point. And maybe Bud.

Kimmalah posted:

I feel like if this show makes it to some kind of series finale it might just give Dexter a run for its money.
Okay, okay….don't say anything you can't take back.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Slamhound posted:

Yeah, maybe True Blood is a better comparison since they both started out kind of campy and just declined from there.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

bull3964 posted:

There's too much poo poo to watch now to spend time watching trainwrecks. I made a cut from Under the Dome halfway through last season for similar reasons and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to finish this season of Helix because it was cancelled.

For some reason though, I'm bound and determined to finish Falling Skies. I think it's because they were told ahead of time that this is the last season so I want to see how bad the wrap up is.

The only show that rewarded me absolutely and truly for hanging in until the end so far, despite numerous attempts, was the attempt at a V remake. The final episode should be legendary, but nobody was watching. One of those classic "We're canceled? Well gently caress all you all!" kind of scripts, where they murdered the poo poo out of everyone including the most annoying character on the show bar none, kicked humanities rear end completely off, gave the aliens a complete and total victory (even over their own rebels, who also got the poo poo killed out of them) and in a great touch, the 'in it for the money but I'm really a goodguy' mercenary ended up doing exactly what he said he would and got the hell out of town leaving the others to twist in the wind.

I have to give credit, that show died with both it's middle fingers extended high, while on fire.

ImpulseDrive posted:

Did you ever hear the story behind it? It was so petty. Basically Davies pissed off a guy from another network at a Christmas party, calling him out on being a douche. Said douche then held a huge grudge against Davies.

Fast forward a few years later: Said douche is now on the Sci-Fi channel and guess what show falls into his lap to manage? Sliders. With Davies. So the guy basically demanded he be fired, and then had the writers give him such a ludicrous death scene to make it stick: Pretty much killing him, turning him into a complete idiot, then leaving him on a planet to explode. I think there was more but I can't even remember.

... notably Sci-Fi in that era was really, really bad. They seemed to strongly favor heroes that all looked and sounded the same, and every show into the same mold. They got what I dug the hell out of as a dark comedy, GvsE, on USA Network and tried to slam it into their little "WE MUST BE COOL FOR THE YOUTH" idea, and it came back a humorless smoking husk that have to be renamed "Good versus Evil" simply because they thought their audience was too loving stupid to get it otherwise.

While I do not know, it would not surprise me if this guy went on to think SyFy was a good idea.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 05:38 on May 19, 2015

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Blazing Ownager posted:

Fast forward a few years later: Said douche is now on the Sci-Fi channel and guess what show falls into his lap to manage? Sliders. With Davies. So the guy basically demanded he be fired, and then had the writers give him such a ludicrous death scene to make it stick: Pretty much killing him, turning him into a complete idiot, then leaving him on a planet to explode. I think there was more but I can't even remember.

Said douche was also the guy who had Wade written off in the most horrific way possible- trapped in an alien breeding camp.

From what I recall the actress who ended up replacing her laughed about the whole thing.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Sorry for the derail, but on topic, I have a feeling that something like the last few posts happened over on Grimm.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Said douche was also the guy who had Wade written off in the most horrific way possible- trapped in an alien breeding camp.

From what I recall the actress who ended up replacing her laughed about the whole thing.

Oh man, I had no idea it was still that guy. It shouldn't surprise me because right after that horrible, horrible mistake didn't he put that other woman on and go out of his way to dress her in ridiculously stupid outfits and constantly push the seeexy angle on every ad?

I pretty much checked out of that show except to see the hilarious degrade in quality at 2AM over a few years (there wasn't much else on) around that point. I like how by the end they got so sad that they replaced the whole cast, and even had one guy playing the same character very badly. It was the TV version of shooting a wounded animal, but only shooting it and making it worse like that one Jim Carry movie that's name escapes me right now.

ED: And now I'm sitting here thinking about how the concept of Sliders was pretty good. That show should get a reboot. I guess back to discussing the fall of Grimm here. heh

ImpulseDrive
Jul 25, 2008

Slamhound posted:

A season long massacre where Hank, Wu, and Trubel are the only ones left standing would be the best at this point. And maybe Bud.

You know that won't it won't end that way. If Sliders has taught anything, it's that Trubel will end up a prisoner in a Hundjager breeding camp and Wu will turn out to be Nick's long lost half-brother (who's then killed in a bad CGI shot).

Blazing Ownager posted:

Did you ever hear the story behind it? It was so petty. Basically Davies pissed off a guy from another network at a Christmas party, calling him out on being a douche. Said douche then held a huge grudge against Davies.

... notably Sci-Fi in that era was really, really bad. They seemed to strongly favor heroes that all looked and sounded the same, and every show into the same mold. They got what I dug the hell out of as a dark comedy, GvsE, on USA Network and tried to slam it into their little "WE MUST BE COOL FOR THE YOUTH" idea, and it came back a humorless smoking husk that have to be renamed "Good versus Evil" simply because they thought their audience was too loving stupid to get it otherwise.

While I do not know, it would not surprise me if this guy went on to think SyFy was a good idea.

Yeah, I remember reading about that train wreck after the show was cancelled. It was just so screwed up, and so clear where things went off the rails and quickly got worse. The deaths of the characters increasingly became more comedic and more half assed. Arturo got a nice going away scene. They chucked Wade into that camp. They killed both the lead character and his real life brother's character in a lovely opening shot and bam, new Mallory with some else being the team's nerd. By that point, the characters didn't even spend much time mourning. Felt so bad for Cleavant in that final season.

ImpulseDrive fucked around with this message at 14:24 on May 19, 2015

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010
Hey! Is Reynard the new King?!?

Oh yeah, what was the deal with the call Trubel got when with Bud where she was all evasive?

PowerBuilder3 fucked around with this message at 14:27 on May 19, 2015

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Blazing Ownager posted:

The only show that rewarded me absolutely and truly for hanging in until the end so far, despite numerous attempts, was the attempt at a V remake. The final episode should be legendary, but nobody was watching. One of those classic "We're canceled? Well gently caress all you all!" kind of scripts, where they murdered the poo poo out of everyone including the most annoying character on the show bar none, kicked humanities rear end completely off, gave the aliens a complete and total victory (even over their own rebels, who also got the poo poo killed out of them) and in a great touch, the 'in it for the money but I'm really a goodguy' mercenary ended up doing exactly what he said he would and got the hell out of town leaving the others to twist in the wind.

I have to give credit, that show died with both it's middle fingers extended high, while on fire.

Don't forget the reveal of a massive human government run rebel group when all the human rebels before that point consisted of like 3 people. Man that was a pretty alright show that I wished had another season.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

PowerBuilder3 posted:

Not unless Victor was killed offscreen without us hearing about it. And even then, only maybe. Renard may be acknowledged, but he's still a bastard.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

PowerBuilder3 posted:

Oh yeah, what was the deal with the call Trubel got when with Bud where she was all evasive?

That shadowy organization that recruits Grimms that she bumped into while Nick was depowered. Same FBI chick that was raiding Nick's house in the finale.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I tend to think Juliette isn't coming back because of the nature of the swerve in the past nine episode. Juliette was a hexenbiest, and a somewhat uncontrolled hexenbiest in episodes 9-13 (yes she changed in episode 8 but only right at the end) However, aside from her dreams/nightmares, she didn't seem malevolent. I'm wondering if there was some kind of conversation like:

GrimmCreators: "Hey, Bitsie, we have an awesome storyline for you. We're turning you into a super hexenbiest. It's gonna be badass!"

Bitsie: "Um, yeah, great. Listen, is there any way I can leave after this season? Will Smith liked working with me in Concussion, so he wants me in Bad Boys 3, Men in Black 4 and Independence Day 2. Also, Disney would like me to play R2-D2's girlfriend, La-lo Lee-loo, in the Star Wars movie after The Force Awakens. Apparently, they liked what they saw in Beneath the Dome*. Who knew?"

* Not to be confused with the CBS series about stupid, irritating people stuck under a force field. Bitsie Tulloch was a location scout for Star Wars: Attack of the Clones and was tapped to play R2-D2's girlfriend in the mockumentary biopic, R2-D2: Beneath the Dome.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

bamhand posted:

Don't forget the reveal of a massive human government run rebel group when all the human rebels before that point consisted of like 3 people. Man that was a pretty alright show that I wished had another season.

Oh I'd killed for another season. I could just hear the writer's room being told they got renewed, in the process of lighting their notes on fire after crashing everything down, get the news and just all form a collective "Oh, poo poo."

It would have been kind of awesome though, that hole they dug was deep.

johntfs posted:

I tend to think Juliette isn't coming back because of the nature of the swerve in the past nine episode. Juliette was a hexenbiest, and a somewhat uncontrolled hexenbiest in episodes 9-13 (yes she changed in episode 8 but only right at the end) However, aside from her dreams/nightmares, she didn't seem malevolent. I'm wondering if there was some kind of conversation like:

GrimmCreators: "Hey, Bitsie, we have an awesome storyline for you. We're turning you into a super hexenbiest. It's gonna be badass!"

Bitsie: "Um, yeah, great. Listen, is there any way I can leave after this season? Will Smith liked working with me in Concussion, so he wants me in Bad Boys 3, Men in Black 4 and Independence Day 2. Also, Disney would like me to play R2-D2's girlfriend, La-lo Lee-loo, in the Star Wars movie after The Force Awakens. Apparently, they liked what they saw in Beneath the Dome*. Who knew?"

* Not to be confused with the CBS series about stupid, irritating people stuck under a force field. Bitsie Tulloch was a location scout for Star Wars: Attack of the Clones and was tapped to play R2-D2's girlfriend in the mockumentary biopic, R2-D2: Beneath the Dome.

This lines up with the way I feel almost word for word, really. I'd wager the same thing.

Also was Adalind's actress (who I keep thinking sounds like a Coffee chain when writing it out; seriously why isn't she running a Starbucks competition instead?) not pregnant the first time around then suddenly found out she was this time, or... I have a feeling half this bullshit was what they worked in when they should have just iced her off.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 16:19 on May 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

Blazing Ownager posted:

Party Plane Jones posted:

Don't mean to continue the derail but this is mixing and matching a couple people. Peter Roth was brought in as a FOX executive during the third season of Sliders - he's the one that Rhys-Davies dressed down (in front of his wife). David Peckinpah was the third season executive producer brought in when the American "Doctor Who" never went to series; he's the one who worked with Roth to get JRD off the show even though he was hired (and paid) for all 25 episodes.

When it was renewed for a fourth season on the Sci-Fi Channel, Peckinpah lobbied to balance out the cast by returning to the 3-1 male/female dynamic and cut Sabrina Lloyd loose by consigning her to rape and dismemberment. And yes, he and Kari Wuhrer shared a good laugh about it.

Science fiction is fun. :smith:

• Locked thread