Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Not obeying or ignoring the FCs orders has traditionally been a perfect reason to commissar someone, but shooting someone for bringing a ship that doesn't fit your comp AFTER leaving the staging system when you could just dump him from your fleet to begin with is pretty dumb.
Anyone that powertrips over what ship someone brings is a fuckhead who should have commissar privileges taken away. People bring whatever ships they want, deal with it. So they were going through a wormhole chain, tell the guy who brought the BS that he's last to jump through the hole every time and if it collapses on him then tough poo poo.

Considering that it was a stupid pos-shoot anyways, the nightmare was a better ship than any number of useless things he could have brought.

(The moral of the story is when bringing a comedy ship to a fleet FCed by a pubbie with a stick up his rear end, don't ask for permission. Just wait until the fleet undocks and let him decide if he wants to make a fuss over it.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

:words:

Shut up, Mandozer.

Truth hurts don't it?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Letting pubbies pull the triggers on goons because they let a little bit of SPACE POWER go to their heads seems pretty BoB like to me. I mean its not pulling the trigger on whole alliances because of "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!?!?!" but its a start. Also this is coming from the place that literally has a guy who brings a megathron to every op. Who has a fleet named after him even. Hopefully cooler heads prevail and do the right thing, reimbursing Pooki Bear and giving oxygen a stern talking to purging this pubstar from the fleet. There may not be DBRB's coming out of the woodwork to keep the bloated corpse of your gay RMT space empire going but it doesn't mean you have to resort to employing subpar sperglords who can't take a joke to grind that POS m8m8m8m8.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Also using tengus to grind pos is loving retarded. Shoulda used ishtars, no reloading required and much cheaper.

edit: #StandWithPooki

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 19, 2015

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

quote:

(5/19/2015 12:35:29 AM) deadtear: hey Innominate idk if you've been hit up yet, but if not, expect to be because some fag shot some other fag's expensive battleship
(12:37:32 AM) deadtear: somebody shot pooki bear's riced out nightmare
(12:37:46 AM) nymblar: remember when pooki bear was kicked
(12:37:52 AM) deadtear: yeah and that owned
(12:37:56 AM) nymblar: c
(12:38:17 AM) deadtear: anyway with, from what i can tell from all the lovely second hand accounts, sketchy as gently caress reasons
(7:08:36 AM) Innominate: If you bring a ship the FC explicitly tells you not to bring I don't see a problem with the FC blowing you up.

JABBA LEAKS

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Drythe posted:

Fleets are scary. I dunno how to do things

Also posts like that Oxygen dude don't make them seem like they would be cool with an idiot

There's a difference between a newbee and someone bringing a Nightmare with a HG halo set

Mitsuo posted:

Commissaring Xel on capital ops, on the other hand, is loving hilarious.

"Pussy"

DOOMSDAY

Xel is a beautiful German man and I'm sad he's retired from reavers mascot since we haven't had to live out of a pos for a while

blowfish posted:

i'm not pookie either but
1) because i can
2) because it pisses of some stupid shitlord who cares about his zlossboard battle report perfection
3) because i am spacerich and can waste billions of isk to annoy said shitlord

If someone shows me a nightmare fit that approximates a tengu's tank, speed, and damage application or fills some other useful role I don't give a gently caress if they bring it on my fleet.

That said, if after telling you to gently caress off for whatever reason, including me being a dumb baby, and giving you a clear statement about my intentions, you brought it anyways because you're too determined to be an autistic snowflake, I'd shoot it because:
1) I can
2) I told you I would
3) I've always wanted to kill a Nightmare
4) gently caress you

Nothing to do with killboards or fleet comps.

I'd be fully on pooki's side of the debate if oxygen didn't say anything first, but afaik he said 'I'm going to kill you if you bring that' and then it happened anyways. The difference lies in using reasonable discretion for when to pull out the commissar's pistol, I think.

i hope

Kalenn Istarion fucked around with this message at 17:11 on May 19, 2015

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
So, what about the Imperium Uniforms?
I see a few people having the same pose and same clothes, is that a SIG related thing? What SIG?

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
Reavers has a uniform mostly as an in joke and because we hang out with pizza a bunch. Don't know if other SIGs have done anything similar.

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica
Did goons let a pubbie kill a goon because of kill board stats??? And if the nightmare was keeping up with said tengu fleet then that is impressive/sad.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Shut up, Mandozer.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Hey I always wanted to ask, why do you have such a creepy avatar?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Reavers has a uniform mostly as an in joke and because we hang out with pizza a bunch. Don't know if other SIGs have done anything similar.

Were you on yesterday's fleet? I think I recognize you flying some logi.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Were you on yesterday's fleet? I think I recognize you flying some logi.

Nope, I usually make lovely broadcasts about other games to the squad after fleets that I've been on. Working all week / weekend and likely to continue through the end of May :smith:

I hope I don't get my poo poo stuck in a now-hostile station anywhere

E: who are you in game?

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Kalenn Istarion posted:

That said, if after telling you to gently caress off for whatever reason, including me being a dumb baby, and giving you a clear statement about my intentions, you brought it anyways because you're too determined to be an autistic snowflake, I'd shoot it because:
1) I can
2) I told you I would
4) gently caress you

1) nope.
2) doesn't matter.
3) good for you.
4) gently caress you too, buddy

quote:

I'd be fully on pooki's side of the debate if oxygen didn't say anything first, but afaik he said 'I'm going to kill you if you bring that' and then it happened anyways. The difference lies in using reasonable discretion for when to pull out the commissar's pistol, I think.

I haven't been in a position to make a shootblues call for about 2 years, however, unless that nightmare was a strategic op liability, big-boy-undies skirmish FCs can't just shoot anyone for any reason. He doesn't need to save the nightmare if it's slow and gets tackled by some pursuit gang, because "hey, I said tangus/inties/dictors, not fat slow bling boats, dumbass." That's no excuse to fuckgoons and shootblues. Furthermore, he's licensed the 30+ people with him to shootblues for petty reasons, which (thankfully) means more drama to come, but (unfortunately) will lead to pissed off leadership who are going to have to deal with it. I'm looking directly at the SNOO dbags who shot the pod.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

koreban posted:

I haven't been in a position to make a shootblues call for about 2 years

And we're all the better for it!

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Anyways to distract from dumb FC drama, reddit just posted stat changes for modules from sisi. Afterburners and MWDs already got revealed on the forums, but surprise they did shield extenders and armor plates too.

RIP meta 4 stuff. Armor plates get slightly worse overall, MSEs & LSEs stay about the same, SSEs are no longer completely useless (but still mostly useless). The low-sig LSE could be pretty cool for cruisers?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

surebet posted:

How is a fleet of Tengus unable to lose a goddamn battleship in less than a few jumps? I mean it's cool and all if you don't want to take the guy on, but to shoot him and then pod him?

... and then scrap the op?

because I wasn't an actual hindrance to the fleet and had a travel fit/mobile depot

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Klyith posted:

Anyways to distract from dumb FC drama, reddit just posted stat changes for modules from sisi. Afterburners and MWDs already got revealed on the forums, but surprise they did shield extenders and armor plates too.

RIP meta 4 stuff. Armor plates get slightly worse overall, MSEs & LSEs stay about the same, SSEs are no longer completely useless (but still mostly useless). The low-sig LSE could be pretty cool for cruisers?
I thought the faction 1600s were going to get a lot better. Logged in to buy some and they are all gone.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Kalenn Istarion posted:

E: who are you in game?

Spooge McGee

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009
[*] Paladin Blood Raider SKIN (Permanent)
Market group:
To: Ship SKINs > Battleships > Advanced Battleships > Marauders > Amarr

yesssssssss

:fap:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Join Groon for oppression-free fun!

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Wolfy posted:

I thought the faction 1600s were going to get a lot better. Logged in to buy some and they are all gone.

Yeah, Fozzie announced back at Fanfest that shield extenders and plates would be coming Soon(TM). I've been sitting on a stockpile of them for months. :)

Speaking of CCP Prenerf, they just announced that they're getting rid of the ineffectual shield HP bonus on the Jackdaw and replacing it with something really interesting: 15% reduction in reload time per level. 2.5sec reloads/ammoswitches at Caldari Tactical Destroyer V.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What if pooki was right. Makes you think.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
What if pookies nightmare was what the fleet needed to ref that dumb lil tower huh nerds

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
You could say this whole shooting blues thing was a real... Nightmare

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
pookie's nightmare, a film by m night shamalamadingdong

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

causticBeet posted:

What if pookies nightmare was what the fleet needed to ref that dumb lil tower huh nerds

You're 100% right on that.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nietzschean posted:

What if pooki was right. Makes you think.

That's nightmarish proposition.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

just keep swimming

Kalenn Istarion posted:

There's a difference between a newbee and someone bringing a Nightmare with a HG halo set

Xel is a beautiful German man and I'm sad he's retired from reavers mascot since we haven't had to live out of a pos for a while

If someone shows me a nightmare fit that approximates a tengu's tank, speed, and damage application or fills some other useful role I don't give a gently caress if they bring it on my fleet.

1) I can
2) I told you I would
4) gently caress you

Nothing to do with killboards or fleet comps.

i hope

So as long as you tell someone you are going to fuckblue before you do it, it's ok? Sweet, what's your ingame?

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Eve Puns will always be Revenant.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

goodness posted:

So as long as you tell someone you are going to fuckblue before you do it, it's ok? Sweet, what's your ingame?
He made it easy, it's his SA name.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

This thread.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Wolfy posted:

Yeah faction plates got a big boost. Shield extenders less so (republic fleet, screwed again).

But I wouldn't worry about it too much, they're FW store items so the price is way more about the value of LP & tags than any real rarity. The spike will get smoothed over pretty fast.

For good return you need to be like :ullerrm: and be buying this stuff well before it's announced. With faction stuff from LP stores you need to be working with buy orders for good returns, not grabbing stock off the market. Your source for bargains are people who convert their LP and sell immediately for the cash. There are other faction items that will do the same thing whenever metacide gets around to them. Just look for faction gear that's not a clear improvement over T2, those are gonna get buffs.

ullerrm posted:

Speaking of CCP Prenerf, they just announced that they're getting rid of the ineffectual shield HP bonus on the Jackdaw and replacing it with something really interesting: 15% reduction in reload time per level. 2.5sec reloads/ammoswitches at Caldari Tactical Destroyer V.
Neat! I didn't know reload was something that could get bonuses.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Spooge McGee

Hah, we hazed your dumbass during that contest.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Viva Miriya posted:

Hah, we hazed your dumbass during that contest.

You talking about that covops "catch me" tengu thing?

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi
Oxygen is a dumb pubbie with numbers in his name. gently caress that dude all the day.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Viva Miriya posted:

Hey I always wanted to ask, why do you have such a creepy avatar?

I'm not gonna get into a slap fight with you, Dozer.

ullerrm posted:

This is really interesting, and definitely an unusual bonus. Jackdaw Javelin rockets can already hit out to 25km without much trouble, it would be really interesting to be able to swap between those and Rage as easily as it is to swap modes.

Klyith posted:

Just look for faction gear that's not a clear improvement over T2, those are gonna get buffs.
So, faction guns? :v:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

ullerrm posted:

Does it have enough fitting for a comedy rlml fit?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Cannon_Fodder posted:

You talking about that covops "catch me" tengu thing?

yes

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

I'm not gonna get into a slap fight with you, Dozer.

Do you or do you not jerk off to loving minotaurs raping elves or whatever the gently caress is going in that picture? Simple question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

vyst posted:

And we're all the better for it!

I realize you're being cheeky and all, but seriously, backing the dumb FC who shoots people that want to go on stratops to shoot a POS is a level beyond.

I'm less upset about pooki losing a nightmare, and more puzzled that the leadership seemed to lock shields around a dumb call by this skirmish FC.

• Locked thread