Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

GraPar posted:

What's everyone's favourite episode of RSS? Listened to them all when they came out, but has been a while.

The one that sticks out to me was when they had the interview date with a bachelor contestant I believe.

Also anytime they reviewed shark tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

cams posted:

Why are there guests other than Sean and Hayes? I don't care for that.

There's two others but it's still very much the S+H show.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

GraPar posted:

What's everyone's favourite episode of RSS? Listened to them all when they came out, but has been a while.

There was a great moment in episode three I believe where they talked about making show contestants pick between their significant other and a million dollars, I remember that being hilarious. e: Yep, episode three, they propose an idea that would revolutionize reality tv as a throwaway bit. I would watch a Sean-and-Hayes-created reality show in a heartbeat.

Eltoasto posted:

Also anytime they reviewed shark tank.

Magissima fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 18, 2015

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
They reviewed a reality show where one of the contestants only had one hand, and they kept throwing physical challenges at them. They ripped that show to shreds, and at the end Sean basically dropped character and said "so anyway, that show honestly made me upset and it should never have existed." That entire episode was amazing.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
But there's really only one answer for best episode of RSS:

I own a porsche, a bmw, a monster truck, and 30 companies!

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
this

wafflesnsegways posted:

and this

wafflesnsegways posted:

They reviewed a reality show where one of the contestants only had one hand, and they kept throwing physical challenges at them. They ripped that show to shreds, and at the end Sean basically dropped character and said "so anyway, that show honestly made me upset and it should never have existed." That entire episode was amazing.
is the best. The one-armed lady forced to try and balance rollerskating and mountain climbing was both the funniest and saddest thing I've ever heard

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Seriously though, If someone hates HH is there any reason to listen to this latest ep or is it just more of the same?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I mean it's the guys from Hollywood Handbook doing their Hollywood Handbook thing to promote Hollywood Handbook

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

The most HH thing they could've done was guest on CBB as themselves, as someone asked earlier. 300lbs of irony doing a serious interview on a podcast that never has serious interviews. So twisted....

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Humor is subjective and one of the worst things is people talking about what is and is not funny.

That said, if you don't like Hollywood Handbook, you're a dumb garbage person.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

I mean it's the guys from Hollywood Handbook doing their Hollywood Handbook thing to promote Hollywood Handbook

Good to know. Skipped...

FYI: HH sucks

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 21:10 on May 18, 2015

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

cams posted:

Humor is subjective and one of the worst things is people talking about what is and is not funny.

That said, if you don't like Hollywood Handbook, you're a dumb garbage person.

Empty quoting all night long

cams
Mar 28, 2003

"Comedy Bang Bang: The Movie" made me laugh more than anything on CBB since The Calvins Twins.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
The new episode feels like Scott is interviewing gimmick free characters who are just weird mirrors of Scott's interview style, if that makes any sense.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

comedy bug lord

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Buglord and Hayes are my favorite CBB guests.

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish
The foam corner theme being played after Scott saying "We don't have much cause to play this anymore" and laughing weirdly made me feel weird. Other than that great Ep

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Yeah me too. It was an odd, uncomfortable moment.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I thought it was pretty sweet.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

It was vaguely erotic IMHO.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Anytime they read a script I love it. The Eagleheart script...an all time great.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
"I want you to call me dad."
"...I can't call you that."
"She does it."

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
HH has the best music cues for its script and I'm glad this standard has made it across to CBB.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

scrooge mcduck is on the new episode of the dead author's podcast and it is one of the best ever

but for real when do we get l ron hubbard episode two!?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Hearing the Foam Corner theme made me tear up :(

cams
Mar 28, 2003

FordPRefectLL posted:

Hearing the Foam Corner theme made me tear up :(
yeah i got some of that too

i don't think it's in bad taste or uncalled for or anything, it's the perfect kind of bittersweet

but yeah i it hurts

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Absolutely one of the greatest eps in a while. Sean and Hayes were in rare form. The "thoughts a bug should be having" bit was sublime.

Zsinjeh posted:

"You're so beautiful, call me Hayes"
- "Mm....no."
- SHE DOES IT -

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
So, this is representative of hh? Safe to say?

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

Yeah pretty much except we didn't hear enough about how nerds is cool now and bullies is pumping our gas.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I haven't listened to it yet but it looks like they put out a best of episode today. That's probably worth checking out if you're on the fence about HH

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

mennoknight posted:

So, this is representative of hh? Safe to say?

Most definitely. There are probably a few inside jokes that made it sweeter for me, but that's definitely their style.

Zochness
May 13, 2009

I AM James Bond.
Pillbug

Help Im Alive posted:

I haven't listened to it yet but it looks like they put out a best of episode today.

I guess I haven't listened to the episode where Engineer Brett steps into the Teaser Freezer, because it got me, I was crying from laughter. Some good clips on the best of so far.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

So basically I have another podcast I need to keep track of? Ugh, first world problems big time. This was a great episode though, that script was hilarious, I love the ending.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Titus Sardonicus posted:

So basically I have another podcast I need to keep track of? Ugh, first world problems big time. This was a great episode though, that script was hilarious, I love the ending.

Paul Sheer and BJ Novak have some excellent script eps

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008

Unmerciful posted:

Yeah pretty much except we didn't hear enough about how nerds is cool now and bullies is pumping our gas.

And information about this amazing hot sauce called Sriracha which they probably don't have where you live.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

wafflesnsegways posted:

But can that compare to a big ol' baked potata with all the fixins?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

ManoliIsFat posted:

Paul Sheer and BJ Novak have some excellent script eps

Lamorne Morris also has a great one.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Teen Pope script with Brian Huskey made it on the Best Of and it's still as hilarious.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Hayes accidentally started saying "Reality Show Show" when he was setting up that clip, I think. So kawaii.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I'm super happy for their well-deserved and long-time-coming surge in popularity, but it is still wildly surreal to see HH in the top ten comedy podcasts on iTunes.