Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

the 4gb patch just refuses to launch nvse or any mods. i have both the 4gb and nvse in my main steam new vegas directory, my mods are on a different hard drive and load if i use FOMM, but i don't think it runs the 4gb patch cause it crashes if i try to leave goodsprings basically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

So I really Iove jsawyer's mod, and I'm pretty far into a new playthrough, but I'm getting pretty drat close to that lvl.35 cap and I was wondering if it was possible to increase that cap to lvl.40.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Totally, I used this mod.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Did anyone else use the usable cigarette mod? I installed it as a ~character trait~ and gave myself nicotine addiction within minutes of leaving Doc Mitchell's house.

And on a completely unrelated note, please read through the comments on the FNV sex animation thing for comedy.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Missing Name posted:

Did anyone else use the usable cigarette mod? I installed it as a ~character trait~ and gave myself nicotine addiction within minutes of leaving Doc Mitchell's house.

And on a completely unrelated note, please read through the comments on the FNV sex animation thing for comedy.

Yeah, I tend to always use it. It's really easy to get addicted, in part because you kinda start chain-smoking almost immediately when you decide that your character should smoke and cigarettes are so hilarious easy to find (one carton has 200 cigs).

I liked the old Fallout 3 mod better, where packs had a random number of cigarettes still left in them instead of always being full.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Shuffled the FNV4GB files around a bit and now they work, but only when I go to the directory and start it manually. If I try to launch FNV4GB from FOMM or NMM it still does the same crash, I'm guessing it's pointing at the wrong exe or something.

Also, holy crap the train station to go from the Capital Wasteland to the Mojave is just the dumbest nonsense in TTW. The actual train is like four loading screens in to the new area, there are super mutants everywhere, and you need to buy a 500 cap ticket every time you want to travel between the capital and the mojave. The entire thing seems like worthless feature creep.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
TTW is basically an exercise in useless feature creep in general. The mod does exactly what it says it does (lets you go between the FO3 and NV game worlds), and absolutely anything past that is just fat that most people don't want. At first it was just a manhole you clicked on to go from one to the other, but they don't have the option to use that anymore since they put in the ~lore friendly~ way afaik, which sucks.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
TTW really isn't worth it anyway, since Fallout 3 in general is awful unless you really want to let your character have a supermutant and albino radscorpion shooting gallery.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Yeah, I stopped using TTW after realizing I was bending all my efforts to getting back to Vegas anyway.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I wanted to do a full two-game run in character, building someone to roleplay as the Lone Wanderer who would then abandon the Capitol Wasteland after having every adventure possible in it and then moving on to the west coast to become the mythical Courier.

I partially stopped because of major glitches with The Pitt and one of the mods I had turning all the trogs invisible, but also because I didn't play with the XP reducer and I was basically going to walk into New Vegas past level 20.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

My problem with TTW before even the feature creep set in is that the two games aesthetically don't match well when it comes to weather and ENB mods. Being in DC with the skies you see in Nevada just didn't feel right.

Death by Cranes
May 3, 2006

These Blockbuster bombs don't go off unless you hit them ju-u-u-u-st right.
Have any of you guys tried the DUST survival mod? I'm getting "insane" and it seems to be the reason my screen gets fuzzy to the point where I can't see poo poo. What's sanity, how do I restore apart from stealing/drinking and what's going on?

Edit: Uninstalled again.

Death by Cranes fucked around with this message at 20:13 on May 17, 2015

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

edit: gently caress me I fixed it.

just needed to redo the archive invalidation

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 02:52 on May 18, 2015

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Okay, this isn't a mod issue because it's there whether I have mods installed or not but: I'm playing this on PC with a wired 360 controller and the rotate speed on the third person camera barely moves. Googling the problem turned up a mod that is supposed to fix the opposite problem. I downloaded that and edited it in GECK and made it move slightly fast but still impossibly slow. It doesn't seem to matter if I change the relevant value by 10 or 10,000, it's like there's a hard cap on the speed the camera. Is there any fix for it or what?

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
For anyone using Classic Fallout Weapons by Linerunner - Has anyone encountered crash issues regarding certain weapons with ammo types? I've had several of the shotguns crash my game while using the basic ammo and a few of the pistols/submachine guns go apeshit when they use 9mm +p. The Gauss Pistol is also bugged out graphics wise, either completely dark or white hot.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

I remember Classic Fallout Weapons to be mostly garbage, and the bits that weren't garbage were done better by GRA or Millenia's mod.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah, I tend to always use it. It's really easy to get addicted, in part because you kinda start chain-smoking almost immediately when you decide that your character should smoke and cigarettes are so hilarious easy to find (one carton has 200 cigs).

I liked the old Fallout 3 mod better, where packs had a random number of cigarettes still left in them instead of always being full.

I use this: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/49677/

Mostly for the great VATS shots you get when you toss a stick of dynamite while smoking a cigar.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/42153/

only cig mod you need, goon made too

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Elliotw2 posted:

I remember Classic Fallout Weapons to be mostly garbage, and the bits that weren't garbage were done better by GRA or Millenia's mod.

Most of the classic weapons are just too weak compared to vanilla's. The M2 is an exception, but that's it.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Plus, most of the CFW weapon models are honestly just plain ugly and unappealing to look at.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ahundredbux posted:

I use this: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/49677/

Mostly for the great VATS shots you get when you toss a stick of dynamite while smoking a cigar.

I think this is actually a port of the Fallout 3 mod I mentioned.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Does the select fire mod work with Armory guns?

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

PrinceRandom posted:

Does the select fire mod work with Armory guns?

Works with any weapon I have from all of my mods without any compatibility patches?

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
So among a plethora of other weapon mods and the like I have the MNK Rhino Gauss Revolver, which is pretty slick looking; trouble is, I'm using Ammo Crafting Schematics and near as I can tell it is the culprit for why I can't craft any ammo for the MNK. More or less all the other various weaponry I've got is no problem, but they all also use pretty standard munitions--whereas the MNK introduces two new kinds of ammo just for itself. Any tips on how to implement other third-party ammunition to play nice with ACS?

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

A villain mean and rough
Huh, didn't know classics fallout weapons wasn't that popular around here. I got it mainly for the gauss weapons and a couple of the fallout tactics items like the m2 browning. Should I try millenials stuff next round?

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9
Wasn't there a mod that added a radio station using Atomic Platters? I think it may have been a Fallout 3 mod but haven't had much luck. I remember it distinctly for Doris Day's 'Tic Tic Tic' but I don't believe it's mixed in with the Conelrad station mod.

Also, using Realistic Reload is there any possible way keep auto-reload? I love all the mechanics but manual reloading has really been knee-capping me because I am terrible at remembering it.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Syrant posted:

Wasn't there a mod that added a radio station using Atomic Platters? I think it may have been a Fallout 3 mod but haven't had much luck. I remember it distinctly for Doris Day's 'Tic Tic Tic' but I don't believe it's mixed in with the Conelrad station mod.

Also, using Realistic Reload is there any possible way keep auto-reload? I love all the mechanics but manual reloading has really been knee-capping me because I am terrible at remembering it.

CONELRAD

Id like to use the select fire but I forgot that recoil doesn't exist. Is there something that adds some? Hopefully like select fire that applies to all guns even in mods

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 07:39 on May 19, 2015

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Project Nevada has a recoil option, it works pretty well.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

GaistHeidegger posted:

So among a plethora of other weapon mods and the like I have the MNK Rhino Gauss Revolver, which is pretty slick looking; trouble is, I'm using Ammo Crafting Schematics and near as I can tell it is the culprit for why I can't craft any ammo for the MNK. More or less all the other various weaponry I've got is no problem, but they all also use pretty standard munitions--whereas the MNK introduces two new kinds of ammo just for itself. Any tips on how to implement other third-party ammunition to play nice with ACS?

ACS doesn't (and couldn't even if I wanted to) stop crafting recipes from other mods showing up. (Unless I made an add-on or something that was specifically made to do so.) An ammo recipe from another mod won't show up in one of the new reloading bench categories added by ACS though (so it might be in a different category than what you're expecting if you're used to the way ACS does it), and I'm not really familiar with that MNK mod but from a brief look at the description it sounds like its recipes might be on the workbench rather than the reloading bench.

LEGO Genetics posted:

Huh, didn't know classics fallout weapons wasn't that popular around here. I got it mainly for the gauss weapons and a couple of the fallout tactics items like the m2 browning. Should I try millenials stuff next round?

Millennia's stuff is great, and I have an M2 in the WMX-ModernWeapons add-on if you don't mind the WMX requirement.

PrinceRandom posted:

CONELRAD

Id like to use the select fire but I forgot that recoil doesn't exist. Is there something that adds some? Hopefully like select fire that applies to all guns even in mods

This one sounds good (name and choice of images notwithstanding), but I haven't tried it myself.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

A villain mean and rough

Antistar01 posted:

Millennia's stuff is great, and I have an M2 in the WMX-ModernWeapons add-on if you don't mind the WMX requirement.

I'll give it a whirl.

Oh yeah, the more I bugtest CFW, the more poo poo I find with graphical errors or stuff outright crashing :psyduck:

I haven't found a single shotgun that won't crash the game yet, and some of the rifles clip through walls/characters while reloading.

Some of the scripted events involving NPC's like the Van Graffs or the start of Honest Hearts or the Ultra-Lux don't trigger with the mod weapons.

Edit: I found the cause of the crashes. It was Gtabs Improved Ammo Crafting from the OP that was causing it and not WMX as I had theorized. Now I'm trying to figure out how the hell Gtabs manages to make shotguns crash in CFW.

LEGO Genetics fucked around with this message at 10:45 on May 19, 2015

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Antistar01 posted:

ACS doesn't (and couldn't even if I wanted to) stop crafting recipes from other mods showing up. (Unless I made an add-on or something that was specifically made to do so.) An ammo recipe from another mod won't show up in one of the new reloading bench categories added by ACS though (so it might be in a different category than what you're expecting if you're used to the way ACS does it), and I'm not really familiar with that MNK mod but from a brief look at the description it sounds like its recipes might be on the workbench rather than the reloading bench.

This one sounds good (name and choice of images notwithstanding), but I haven't tried it myself.
looks perfect plus a good butt

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

LEGO Genetics posted:

Edit: I found the cause of the crashes. It was Gtabs Improved Ammo Crafting from the OP that was causing it and not WMX as I had theorized. Now I'm trying to figure out how the hell Gtabs manages to make shotguns crash in CFW.

IIRC an ammo added by it has a bizarre issue which will crash any 12Ga shotgun. Which one and why I have no idea anymore.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I guess we should get to work modding poo poo from Fury Road in by this point. It's just expected now.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"

chitoryu12 posted:

I guess we should get to work modding poo poo from Fury Road in by this point. It's just expected now.

First order of business: double-neck flame guitar.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Last mod lookout. Some nonsurvivalist not mall ninja clothes ?

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9
So this has been present all through my time playing the game set up almost entirely as STEP Project is written but I get these on some items. I really only seem to notice the issue when it comes to the item pictured but there could be more, these were just easiest to snap and post.

It really doesn't bother me much but I was curious if anyone can figure out what it is. The lights there tend to move an make themselves more or less obvious with camera movement, I took these with the more noticeable sized ... lights.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Are there any mods which remove muzzle flash from suppressed weapons?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Missing Name posted:

Are there any mods which remove muzzle flash from suppressed weapons?

You can't change muzzleflashes via mods because the muzzleflash is based on the projectile type that's chosen for the weapon. I have a custom suppressed muzzleflash effect on weapons that are integrally silenced but otherwise you can't really do it. Maybe via scripting or something but I've never even heard of someone trying that project.

Dumpbuckets
Dec 26, 2012

delta534 posted:

IIRC an ammo added by it has a bizarre issue which will crash any 12Ga shotgun. Which one and why I have no idea anymore.
Anyone's free to tell me to :getout: if it turns out I'm completely wrong, but that said...

Having taken a look at the 12gauge ammo formlist in the GtabImprovedAmmoTFRMaster mod, for some reason the game really does not like it when modded ammo is at the top of it and not the base game stuff. This is apparently an issue I've had with the mod and it honestly kind of confuses me but unless someone's willing to recompile the ESM with changed ammo positions in the formlist, you'd probably have to make an ESP with said changes. Seeing as I'm apparently an idiot who doesn't know the wizardly magic of the GECK that well, I've just made the changes in a different mod that I won't ever turn off.

Also on a semi-related note in regards to ESMs, I think part of the reason why they cut proper junk ammo from the Dead Money DLC was because of how screwy various ESM files interact with one another if they have conflicts for the formlists of various ammos. IE Dead Money introducing Junk Rounds could horribly screw up things if said junk round filled formlist at all uses the same ammos modified by Gun Runners Arsenal. In order to actually make the two different ammo interactions work together, either a combined ESM with both added ammos would have to be created or a compatibility ESP would have to be made if you ever wanted to have extra ammo types from the DLCs and not cause bad things to happen.

Screwy ESM interaction may also be why a certain trait/perk doubling/retaining glitch could be done in when leaving Goodsprings.

Dumpbuckets fucked around with this message at 08:28 on May 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delta534
Sep 2, 2011
The game can handle modded ammo at the top of a form list, it's the only way to get the rock-it launcher in TTW not to crash, it's just the first ammo just needs to be properly filled in.

Your basically correct with regards to junk ammo.

The trait reset bug is more because there is not a remove all traits/perk function in the scripting language and they all have to be done manually. This get screwy when other mods add new traits and such.