Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

koreban posted:

I realize you're being cheeky and all, but seriously, backing the dumb FC who shoots people that want to go on stratops to shoot a POS is a level beyond.

I'm less upset about pooki losing a nightmare, and more puzzled that the leadership seemed to lock shields around a dumb call by this skirmish FC.

I hope all the bad things in life happen to the goonfleet directorship, and no one else but the goonfleet directorship. #PEOPLEOFCONDI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Viva Miriya posted:

I hope all the bad things in life happen to the goonfleet directorship, and no one else but the goonfleet directorship. #PEOPLEOFCONDI

On a scale of one to Ricky Jervais, how butt hurt are you?

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

CainFortea posted:

It's more of a symbiotic thing, I think.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Isn't there some ancient Goon prophecy about the day a Goon draws Goons blood while under orders from a pubbie.

We should ask the bookbarn custodians. They'd know.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

CainFortea posted:

0/10 which is also the value of your posts in this thread (ITT).

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

It's probably more just the fact that we have no enemies to kill anymore and the Scourge of Peace has come upon us.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Zephyrine posted:

Isn't there some ancient Goon prophecy about the day a Goon draws Goons blood while under orders from a pubbie.

We should ask the bookbarn custodians. They'd know.

#StandWithPooki, an injustice against one is an injustice against all!

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Join Groon for oppression-free fun!

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Join Groon for oppression-free fun!

No joke I might join

E: there is nothing in the OP about how to join groon.

darthzeta88 fucked around with this message at 20:19 on May 19, 2015

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

darthzeta88 posted:

No joke I might join

Don't threaten groon with that.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

gwrtheyrn posted:

Does it have enough fitting for a comedy rlml fit?

RLML, no. It's a destroyer. LMLs, however, it can do.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

ullerrm posted:

RLML, no. It's a destroyer. LMLs, however, it can do.

I figured as much, I was just imagining an gimmick honor-tanked destroyer with <10 second reload rlmls. Guess that won't be happening.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Personally I think shooting pooki was BS but w/e Oxygens a dick and pooki should have known he'd be a fucktard about it.

What I'm curious about is how did he get approval to also pod a goon? Seems a bit loving much.

Edit: I'm sure it was part of the commissar ok, but the FC's being a vengeful dick. gently caress him.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

squirrelzipper posted:

What I'm curious about is how did he get approval to also pod a goon? Seems a bit loving much.

Most people don't fly ops with 500mil of implants in their head, so someone probably thought "oh we're blowing him up? May as well pod him!"

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

gwrtheyrn posted:

Most people don't fly ops with 500mil of implants in their head, so someone probably thought "oh we're blowing him up? May as well pod him!"

By someone you mean some SNOO reddit-pubbie.

EDIT: for shame, top damage is a waffe member.

Dr. Pangloss fucked around with this message at 20:32 on May 19, 2015

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

gwrtheyrn posted:

P sure that a lot of long time goons that you know, like PVP on the regular do. 4 out of 5 of my clones have at least 300mil implants.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Viva Miriya posted:

Cannon_Fodder posted:

You talking about that covops "catch me" tengu thing?
yes

Yeah, not setting fine-print to that really hosed me. I paid all in full. At the end of it, I was down across all 2 accounts to a total of like 50m isk. I sold some stuff in order to pay out.

Luckily, I went out the next day in my isktar and forgot to turn on the AB. I considered throwing a tantrum, but it's my own fault so I rolled with the punches.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Luckily, I went out the next day in my isktar and forgot to turn on the AB. I considered throwing a tantrum, but it's my own fault so I rolled with the punches.

Every time I jumpclone back to Dek, I do this at least once. I am the True Goon if for no other reason than I am terrible at this game.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

mpaarating posted:

P sure that a lot of long time goons that you know, like PVP on the regular do. 4 out of 5 of my clones have at least 300mil implants.

A lot != most. There are plenty of other people who fly on fleets with sub 100mil clones

Cannon_Fodder posted:

This is the only reason I have shield alert sounds on

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I guess I don't know how you can stand with pooki when you're banned from entering the premises to stand with him.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Oxygen is a waste of oxygen. #StandWithPooki

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Viva Miriya posted:

Oxygen is a waste of oxygen. #StandWithPooki

Your rage boner is the only thing standing with Pooki. The rest of us are asking it to stand down, since it's both small and boring.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

gwrtheyrn posted:

A lot != most. There are plenty of other people who fly on fleets with sub 100mil clones

That's true. Still podding pooki was basically the babby fc taking a poo poo in his pants in anger.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

quote:

Yeah, not setting fine-print to that really hosed me. I paid all in full. At the end of it, I was down across all 2 accounts to a total of like 50m isk. I sold some stuff in order to pay out.

The whole premise of the contest came off to me as pure arrogance. I mean I know you meant to give people an incentive to practice good combat probing skills but you could have easily ran a class and...not have a bunch of goonfleet vets+a few karmafleet newbies hunt you down and own you within an hour or so.

Then again you did pay up so I guess it evened out in the end. Did you keep it going?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

vyst posted:

I guess I don't know how you can stand with pooki when you're banned from entering the premises to stand with him.

That... actually makes perfect sense.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

mpaarating posted:

That's true. Still podding pooki was basically the babby fc taking a poo poo in his pants in anger.

Was the podding explicitly ordered? I just assumed it was some people getting excited about shooting blues and grabbing the pod because why not while they're at it

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Viva Miriya posted:

The whole premise of the contest came off to me as pure arrogance. I mean I know you meant to give people an incentive to practice good combat probing skills but you could have easily ran a class and...not have a bunch of goonfleet vets+a few karmafleet newbies hunt you down and own you within an hour or so.

Then again you did pay up so I guess it evened out in the end. Did you keep it going?

I blew through 2 tengus and took a break to try to recoup. Then I got drunk and bought an Orca on a whim because I'm not very smart.

I didn't mean for it to be arrogant, the OP was meant to be funny, but we're all on the same page on that one.

I'm not comfortable with combat probing, having never really done it. I've actually been really sheltered in my exposure to the finer points of this game. I certainly couldn't run a class on it because scanning poo poo takes me forever. That's another objective for that contest: teaching me to avoid hostiles while scanning poo poo down, or learning if I was too stupid to risk that much money in hostile regions. Objective complete, I suppose.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Your rage boner is the only thing standing with Pooki. The rest of us are asking it to stand down, since it's both small and boring.

You should care because if this goes unchecked it can and will happen to you or some nerd close to you!

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

gwrtheyrn posted:

Was the podding explicitly ordered? I just assumed it was some people getting excited about shooting blues and grabbing the pod because why not while they're at it

On comms I asked, "what about the pod" and got an "I don't care."

Viva Miriya posted:

You should care because if this goes unchecked it can and will happen to you or some nerd close to you!

Settle down McCarthy.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

gwrtheyrn posted:

It probably should've been explicitly stopped. ie. The FC saying "don't shoot the loving pod"

Whatever, it's smashing dolls together, it's not a crisis.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Cannon_Fodder posted:

On comms I asked, "what about the pod" and got an "I don't care."

Oxygen is a regular Ivan Drago.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

mpaarating posted:

Whatever he shoots, he destroys.

Except that loving POS.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

the nu,ber of people falling for a lovely concern troll here is starting to become depressing

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Al the talk about the Nightmare getting commissar'd and this slips through:

Kiryen posted:

There was one dude in a Tengu with meta 4 guns.

That seems like the :commissar: sin to me

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I blew through 2 tengus and took a break to try to recoup. Then I got drunk and bought an Orca on a whim because I'm not very smart.

I didn't mean for it to be arrogant, the OP was meant to be funny, but we're all on the same page on that one.

I'm not comfortable with combat probing, having never really done it. I've actually been really sheltered in my exposure to the finer points of this game. I certainly couldn't run a class on it because scanning poo poo takes me forever. That's another objective for that contest: teaching me to avoid hostiles while scanning poo poo down, or learning if I was too stupid to risk that much money in hostile regions. Objective complete, I suppose.

Yeah I know you didn't. Just the fact you weren't killed within the first day of your OP going up and you continuing to post came off as arrogant to me. On a related note if you wanna learn how to juke nerds and be useful to BAND OF GOONBROTHERS RELOADED you should sign up with recon. They are good people.

mpaarating posted:

Ivan Drago wasn't a bitch though.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Glory of Arioch posted:

the nu,ber of people falling for a lovely concern troll here is starting to become depressing

This is relatively exciting compared to other eve issues.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

So, the takeaway from all this is:

a) Oxygen is a whiny babby
b) pookie is still a shitler
c) Mandozer is most certainly NOT butthurt about not being in goons anymore.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Glory of Arioch posted:

It is pretty loving shameful.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

vyst posted:

I stand up for my brother where and when I can.
15:37:36 ← aryndel_vyst1 was kicked by MandozerTheGreat (sid49287@i.luv.my.mommy.causeshe.hosed.my.dad): #StandWithPooki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

CainFortea posted:

So, the takeaway from all this is:

a) Oxygen is a whiny babby
b) pookie is still a shitler
c) Mandozer is most certainly NOT butthurt about not being in goons anymore.

d) goonfleet goons are gullible as gently caress

• Locked thread